Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    maile1maile1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Hello! I just started to play my create a sim demo, and as soon as it opened to the start screen there was a strange glitch. There are purplish lines running horizontally across the screen, making everything nearly impossible to see :cry: . Then a pop up came up saying something about the disk, I don't remember what it said, sorry!!! :oops: When I finally figured out what was the create a household button, I clicked it. When he create a household screen came, it did look a bit better, no longer lines all across the screen. But there are lines covering the portion with the traits and ambitions, the name, the color choices for the items, and on most of the buttons. Is there any way to fix this? Glitch aside, I love the create a sim!!! :D
  • Options
    shedontcare1shedontcare1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    :-) i love the sims 4! but i do have some suggestions, for example, ability to change the sims height. thats about it. i am happy to say there were no bugs like in the sims 3. hope i help! :thumbup:
  • Options
    gravyfloodgravyflood Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    This isn't related to the demo itself, but Origin is spending a long time "Preparing Download", which is slightly worrisome.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    MimblewimbleMimblewimble Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2014
    The sims look much better than TS3 sims, sort of like an improved version of TS2 sims. I'm very happy about that.

My only complaints so far are:

I want to be able to manipulate the features more. I often have to start over and choose another template, because of the limitations to the changes that I can make.

I'm missing two hair colours, one that is in between blond and brown, sort of cendre (I can't make my simself without that hair colour :-/), and a strawberry red hair colour. The options right now are just too red.

Edit: the blue eye colours are also waaay too blue, and some of the clothing colour options make my eyes hurt, because they're too bright, and sometimes the colours clash. One example of this is the flowered dress.

• Options
    zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited August 2014
    I never bothered to comment on it when I got it back a while ago. I got it the day they let people apply for it, and the day after I got TS2 UC from a live chat.

But um..

I don't really like their biggest feature about "push and pull" on their body parts. It's a bit tougher to work with, or it was for me. I didn't like it at all.. :/

Clothes and such can't be judged since I'm sure that's not it, but I'm not very satisfied with all the available traits and aspirations, I guess. The walkstyles aren't that great either.

But my favorite thing? Playing with genetics. Makes it easier.
  • Options
    ENYAWDENYAWD Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Repo Man is not on the Sims 4 its going to be just your lights get cut off got this info from Iron Seagull on YouTube.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,112 Member
    edited August 2014
    My complaint is (yet again) the fact that so many of us have been excluded from getting the demo. I'm beginning to wonder if I want the game at all now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KiasorousKiasorous Posts: 15
    edited August 2014
    What I like: The push and pull feature and the new style of the Sims (hopefully the quality translates well in the actual game play)
    What I hate: The lack of ability to customize, I don't need the patterns and textures but the colors seem basic enough.
  • Options
    LNubiaqueen4LNubiaqueen4 Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have enjoyed using the demo over the past few weeks and was thankful that I was given the opportunity to participate. I am very impressed with the overall appearance of the Sims in Sims 4 and the process of manipulating their appearance to create new characters for the game. I do agree with others that having toddlers and the presence of a color wheel to provide more choices of color would make the game more enjoyable to play. My opinion is more positive than negative, and I look forward to September 2014 when the complete game is officially released. It will definitely be a different gameplay from Sims 3, but I look forward to the challenge. :D
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked: I loved the pull and tug.
    2. What you didn't like: Trying to find my sims an my friends sims in the community gallery
    3. Suggestions? Please some how make it easier to find the things you are looking for in the gallery.
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? If so-
    - Please give full details of what you're seeing (error messages, etc.)
    - Provide your DxDiag & Config.Log (see below how to get these)

No bugs or issues the DEMO ran awesome!
  • Options
    KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    edited August 2014
    2yosnqx.png
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • Options
    areeb6698000areeb6698000 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I think that the CAS Demo was amazing and awesome and there is not one thing about the demo that I did not like, keep doing what ur doing, ROCK ON!!!
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked? I like the pull and tug feature.
    2. What you didn't like? Lack of color blocks (Color Wheel)
    3. Suggestions? Help looking for a short cut to find other gallery.
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? No bugs were found.

Thanks for chosen me to be the random people to try out the demo. I'm looking forward for the game to come out
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked? The amazing pull and tug feature. I can sims that look like just about anyone! It is really cool!
    2. What you didn't like? Lack of Cast/Color Wheel
    3. Suggestions? Cast/Color Wheel
    4. Did you experience any issues/bugs? If so- The gallery got stuck on the amount of users online quite a bit.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    So, after some hours of practice on the TS4 CAS Demo, i can say...

Push and Pull is literally hard, especially at first in your first try. I also had a hard time to make everything look the way i wanted, but got used to it after some more practice. I really like that there's a more extensive variety of faces you can make and choose from, unlike TS2 and TS3 where you didn't have a good time to make them all look different.

Create a Style or at least a Color Wheel are still needed. The presets choices and colors are neat, but i had a hard time making the shirts and bottom match. Not all clothing have the same number of color choices, which is bad. The makeup options is what i didn't like here, especially that most of them are exagerated when there should be a more ''realistic'' transparent colors.

There has been no bugs outside of minor lag here and there that takes less than miliseconds, and that's with all settings on maximum. Overall, the CAS Demo is really nice. It's a bummer we can't make children in it even by playing with genetics, but... that's pretty much it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Suggestion: Please add more filters to the Gallery to look for particular Sims of certain ages. Households with teens or kids etc.

It's rather hard to find different aged households without scrolling through 92,000 Sims even if I do pick a particular filer like 1-2 Sims, 4 Sims etc.

Since teens are the same size as adults I wouldn't be able to tell if that household has children of that age in it just by looking at the gallery picture or by looking at the details concerning the Sims. I hope you see my point.

It would be clear when looking at the details, if a Sim is elderly (but not sure about that since YA can now look elderly) or if the household has a child etc.

But I would prefer more filters to the left where there are the numbers in household for filters to be there like 2 kids, 1 teen, 1 elderly etc.

Because by the time this game is released the gallery is going to have a huge amount of Sim already. 92,000 is lot to sort as of today. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    exactlyspoiledexactlyspoiled Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2014
    2yosnqx.png

She's gorgeous!
  • Options
    ejamersejamers Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I was invited to play demo, but I have nothing in Origin. so did not get to try. Not a happy Simmer
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited August 2014
    I checked the Demo config file.

I have 16 GBs of RAM, but the demo does not recognize that fact. It gave my RAM a ranking of 1. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked

The sculpting type molding of Sims is much easier to get the results you want than using Sliders. Even when moving back and forth between detail mode and normal, much faster than shifting through panels!

It is lightning quick. No lag no stutter. And this is someone using a laptop not even made for gaming~

2. What you didn't like

There were a few areas that were stubborn to move with my uh....Finger pad. This was the neck thickness, full head morph, and spine curve. I don't know why these felt like trying to go through mud to change them because the rest molded fine at my touch.

The Gallery is....Overwhelmingly full. And I think we'll need filters like for age groups and what has a Custom Content.

Texture loading I would not want ((It lags from the load)) but we do need a basic color wheel. Too limiting with what is there and I couldn't find the right shade or color combo I needed.

3. Suggestions?

Color wheel and Gallery filters.

An option to tuck//untuck boots//shoes, shirts, etc. would be good. There were boots that slid under the jeans but I wanted the pants to tuck like they did with the other pair of boots. That was frustrating so maybe this could be added later. :mrgreen:

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?

Nope. Keep up the awesome work!
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    SteamZaarinSteamZaarin Posts: 37 Member
    1. What you liked
    I like the UI. I also like how easy it is to create unique sims, even of different ethnicities.

2. What you didn't like
    I felt clothing and especially hair choices were limited for both sexes, but I also understand there will be more in game. I also don't like the lack of body hair for males.

3. Suggestions?
    More content and body hair, but I'm sure both will come with time. I'd also really like for females a long hair option that shows the ears. I'd also like to see another edit point for the tip of the ears. Many people (including myself) have the round part taper a bit, and I'd like to be able to represent that on my sims.

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?
    None. :)
  • Options
    123w4123w4 Posts: 42 Member
    i thing the new cas is great ! i have the demo since the begining ( i thing just two days after the first players get a demo) and i must say e even when i wa ssearching for glitches ore bugs i could not finde them ! and that ois Positiv.
  • Options
    Hello SimGuruHydra :D

I've been playing with the demo and so far so good, it loads fast, it runs smooth and the graphic card doesn't even get warm while running it, but I think it does the same while creating sims in the sims 3 (I'm not sure right now).

On sunday I wanted to open one of my households in CAS but the button showed up grayed out and I was unable to upload households to the gallery, although I was able to save newly created ones (thankfully). I don't know if it was a connection problem or maybe the game didn't open right or maybe even the server had issues. The next day everything was fine and I was able to open any of the households I have in my gallery.

I must say uploading now is faster than in sims 3 (maybe because the file is smaller? I guess :P ).

I do enjoy playing with the CAS but I have some requests:

-Could you make the sims stand still for awhile?, make the animations take a little longer to start playing.

-I'm one of those that knew that missing create a style was going to hurt a lot,- and it does!-, not been able to add patterns to clothes to change them is.. well is horrible! and I know I will end up using just certain dress with certain shoes and if they are the prettiest, well, everyone will use them and will make our sims all look the same.. and that is boring. So please give me more colors and patterns :( .

-Can we get a button to set the same haircut and makeup for all the clothes? just like we had in sims 3.

-Please, please, don't forget the guys, give them the same quantity of haircuts and clothes as the girls have, same with elders and kids, don't do the same as you did in Sims 3. It would be awesome if you could add haircuts from different decades (and clothes of course <.< )

-Some of the makeup is.. too bright, as some have mentioned, changing opacity would be awesome.

-Not been able to move the whole face around the head is annoying, some of the haircuts make the forehead look too long (and bad) and in turn that makes me not use that particular haircut, which of course gives me less options of haircuts.

Please tell me that we will be able to play with the sims we created with the demo once the game comes out.. I'm getting really attached to some of them >.< lol!

Moonbarker wrote:

Please, for the love of grilled cheese, add a color wheel.

etc..

I agree with so much of what Moonbarker asks. I liked that in sims 3 my sim would clap and get excited about his favorite food, but their favorite color and music would only come up while getting to know another sim, so overall their favorites had no impact in the game, and I wish they did. So is it going to be the same in sims 4?

Cheers!

Sorry for the horrible english -.-

i just want to tell you that the sims 4 sims will not have favorits
  • Options
    ps im german
  • Options
    simgirl81simgirl81 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello :#
    I <3 The Sims 4 CAS Demo!! I have had no bugs or problems with it so far!! :D I received it on Friday via #Freecodefriday :# I love how easy and fast it is to make Sims!! :# It runs really well on my Laptop too!! The Music is sooo beautiful too!! :# I kind of miss the Create A Style tool a bit but I know in the demo we are only getting some of the actual game content so I'm ok with that!! :) Plus, I'm kind of hoping it will be added at a later date in the future!! :# You guys are all AWESOME!! Thank you for making such a great game!! And please keep up the AMAZING work!! :# (*)