Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    sugarheartglsugarheartgl Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The Sims 4 CAS is a lot of fun. At first I was a disappointed in how little the body part changed sizes when I selected and dragged the cursor, but I later realized that its better to have smaller changes at a time. It's more helpful when making the perfect sim.
    After playing over 15 hours, I only have two negative remarks.

I miss the hair lock option when changing between clothing styles. I've noticed that when I change the hairstyle of my sim, and I get it just the way I want it, I change clothing styles and the hairstyle goes back to its original.

The second and final negative remark, is I wish there was a back button on the Gallery. When I click on a household, or on a **** tag, it would be so much easier to just hit a back button to go to the previous screen instead of closing out the window.

I wouldn't change anything else about the CAS demo, and it makes me even more excited for September 2nd.
  • Options
    hestonbr8hestonbr8 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    Hi, about a week ago, I tried to download the demo. I signed up using my Origin account, email account is verified, everything should be ready to go, but it won't appear on "My Games". I also can not find where to re-sign up. Anybody able to help?
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    hestonbr8 wrote:
    Hi, about a week ago, I tried to download the demo. I signed up using my Origin account, email account is verified, everything should be ready to go, but it won't appear on "My Games". I also can not find where to re-sign up. Anybody able to help?

When you sign up for it, you still get it at random. There's no guarantee you'll get the demo but it supposedly increases your chances. I signed up for it too but I haven't received it yet.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2014
    When is the demo coming out? I'm tired of waiting.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here is my feedback:

I signed up online for the early release "beta/demo" on the day it was announced and still haven't gotten it. If you're going to have sign ups don't make it a random lottery. It's not fair and you didn't disclose that it wasn't first come first served. You know, like a normal beta or demo.

And if you could actually pin down a solid date or even week that would be great for the tons of people you gave false hope. And your gurus full blown ignoring people instead of working on getting a date ASAP just frustrates people more.
  • Options
    coraltheocoraltheo Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wasn't one of the lucky ones who got to preview the demo, but is it still going public (the demo) on the 12th?

Hate the new teaser about having rewards for S3 games, lol: just makes me more curious. Assuming when I get the game, I'll be creating a trophy room for the llama bunny statue (and 13 diamond trophies?).
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    mandyteal wrote:
    Is the Sims 4 demo available for everyone now? Because even though I registered to get it many times, I haven't recieved it yet.

No, not yet. It's rumored to come out for everyone August 12 but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I also registered for the early access but I didn't get it yet either.

Yeah, I think it's time for us all to be included. Please, EA. We would all really love to get the demo now. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Neason1Neason1 Posts: 5
    edited August 2014
    I loved the game, like, it was incredible. So heres my feedback!

PROS:
    -Ran amazing, Ultra high settings with absolutely NO lag, mind you this is on a 5 year old laptop :D
    -I was surprised by how well this looked, it completely changed my perspective of the game. Although I'm still a tiny bit skeptical :P
    -Loved the gallery, I think it's an incredible way to share your households. Plus I had tonnes of fun with the Ugly to Pretty sims
    -Really intuitive, I was able to use it well and make a few awesome sims within the first hour or so.

CONS:
    -No opacity slider. Now I know they were trying to keep sliders to a minimum but this was a necessity.
    -While I loved the clothes I found that some areas were lacking (To be fair though, the clothes really are amazing :P )
    -Maybe a few more manipulation points such as the hands and a couple for on the face

Overall I was incredibly impressed and will be pre-ordering when my pay comes in. Also a big thank you to The Sim Gurus for giving me the opportunity to be part of the CAS demo, you've all done such an amazing job!!!
  • Options
    GuybrushThreepwoodGuybrushThreepwood Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2014

I know some of these things probably can't be changed, but here's what I've observed so far:

I'm not really a fan of how the program can start to restrict me after a while, I'll be shaping something and I'll glow red and I can't move it in that direction any further. I haven't even tried to take anything to an extreme, it'll be something like nostril height or cheeks. I feel like the boundary needs to be set a little further away.

Eye colours - some of the browns are OK, but the greens and blues are very bright and unnatural. I don't want anything super realistic, but as much as I love blue and green eyes I can't really see myself using more than 4 of the available colours.

Brow colours - Mostly too "red", there is no medium, cool shade that will look good with the crazy hairs. You either have to go really dark or really light.

Hair colours - following on from the above, I think a nice medium, ashy/cool brown would be a good addition here. There's a dark brown, then a medium reddish brown, then two ginger/auburn colours. Not everyone has warm toned hair and I think there's been a bit of an oversight there.

There seems to be an issue, I'm not sure how it happens but I've managed to do it about three times, where a section of the face will snap into a different shape. Pressing undo won't change it back so I'm not sure where that comes from.

Eyelashes don't seem to be adjustable. Maybe I just haven't figured it out just yet, but I think it would be better if we could adjust them rather than having to remember to select a certain type of eye before we start shaping it.

Same goes for the eyelid; on some eye types you can see more of the lid, and some are more of a monolid or hooded eye. I wasn't aware that we had to pick a preset first, and it's caused me to have to go back and redo eyes on some of my Sims.

Maybe there is a way to do this, maybe not, but I'd like to be able to adjust forehead size. At the moment it doesn't seem possible without changing the shape of the entire head, but even if I elongate or shorten the face I don't always get more or less forehead. I think having this as an option will make some of the hairstyles more wearable, as some of them feel like they're just sitting on top of the head like a bad wig when the forehead is the "wrong" size.

Eyeshadow - there are a lot of "out there" colours and options that look pretty bad under any circumstance, but not enough natural options.

Lipstick - most shades look very different on the Sim to how they look on their little coloured squares. The light colours are way too light (especially for paler Sims), and some of the colours that look like they'd be more neutral come out really bright. I also found that a shade that comes out black on pale Sims is altered to be dark brown on darker Sims. I think this may be the case for other shades too. After much clicking back and forth it looks like the colour is actually different, and doesn't just look different due to the skintones. I want all my Sims to be able to rock a black lip!

Eyeliner - I think the shape is quite odd on a lot of these, but that might be personal preference. I tend to go for the liner where there is only a line on the top lid (this looks AMAZING on Sims with monolids and short lashes, by the way). Some of the colours aren't very usable, but I'd like to see a darker brown in there. The brown that exists is kind of light and doesn't suit any of the Sims I've tried it on so far. A darker, almost black-brown, would be much better. It allows for a more natural/neutral look than the bold black, without being too light and unusable.

Blush - these don't really suit any of my Sims. Most of the shades are a bit too light to use on a medium-dark skinned Sim, but they can also be a bit much on paler Sims. I think they need toning down a little bit, or a transparency slider as in the Sims 3. I think the blush in Sims 3 was able to sort of "blend" into the skin a bit, making the edges less harsh and the blush wasn't as garish. I think a pinky brown would be a good addition - look up Illamasqua's Zygomatic, Beg or Naked Rose blushers.

Traits and Aspirations - I feel quite limited with the choices here. I don't know if there will be more in the base game or if we'll just have to wait for expansions etc, but after making several Sims I found myself wishing for more options to keep things diverse.

Overall I really love CAS. I think the clothes are beautiful and I love that I can mould my Sims into pretty much anything. They feel far more alive and individual than ever before, and I haven't even seen Live mode yet.
  • Options
    lmaybslmaybs Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2014
    When I saw the first videos about the CAS I was pretty excited, because it looked like it would be really cool with a touch screen. However, I find that I need to use my mouse because otherwise there is no way to determine where I need to touch in order to drag the features.

Perhaps if you had it highlight every area that could be selected it would be easier to use with a touch screen. If that could also be toggled (so you can view the sim without everything highlighted), that would be awesome too.
  • Options
    tayenriquez20tayenriquez20 Posts: 211 New Member
    edited August 2014
    BBadict wrote:
    Here is my feedback:

I signed up online for the early release "beta/demo" on the day it was announced and still haven't gotten it. If you're going to have sign ups don't make it a random lottery. It's not fair and you didn't disclose that it wasn't first come first served. You know, like a normal beta or demo.

YES! I completely agree with this. Very disappointing
  • Options
    Polarbear2008Polarbear2008 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2014
    1. What you liked
    - we both loved how fast you can create a sim and the easier interface for the customization can't wait for the full game. The fine tuning of the traits is also cool

2. What you didn't like
    - the lack of options for hair and clothes but this is the beta

3. Suggestions?
    - at this point we don't have any suggestions

4. Did you experience any issues/bugs?
    - We have not experienced any bugs or any issues
  • Options
    rose700181rose700181 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Could you perhaps add some questions that you want people to answer? As the last thread was mainly a lot of chit chat, and it must have been almost impossible to see if any bugs were mentioned, which is the point of the beta, right?

Perhaps like these

1) What were you favourite parts of the new CAS?

2) What did you dislike?

3) If you could change one thing what would it be?

4) Were there any noticeable errors or bugs?

if yes

- describe the bug / error

- please state your computers specs

Just a small suggestion :) (please feel free to ignore)
    Hi, :) When I downloaded and tried to play the sims 4, it came up with an error message :cry: , saying: 'Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL: [msvcp120.dll] Error: 0xC1 :shock: I wondered if you could help? :-) thanks! byeeee :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Dannix182Dannix182 Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    I have had a lot of fun playing the sims 4 cas demo, its been a great experience so far. I really like how my sims look, they all look different and unique and looking back on my sims from the sims 3 they just look so much better.

one thing that I didn't like was how the eyelashes looked, I would have liked them to be a little more realistic instead of how blocky they are.
    Also I noticed that I was having difficulties with the makeup and it just didn't look good. An opacity slider for the make up would be very useful when I don't want my sims makeup to pop out so much and be more subtle.

other than that it was a great experience and I'm looking forward to the full release :-)
  • Options
    BestFriendsLoveBestFriendsLove Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I was very honored to get it, but sad to say I'm not disappointed, but not happy either. I'm not talking about the graphics. First I wasn't happy with the cartoony look, but started accepting it and now I think it looks nice.
    I liked the fact that you could change the face and body as you wish, this gives a chance for a lots of unique sims! But where is CAS? Is this still going to be added in or just left out? If it is left out and replaced with these walking styles... I mean, that was completely unnecessary. Almost all the walking styles look silly, and I'm pretty sure I won't use them. But it is not all negative, as I did like what you did with the accessories. I can layer them and remove them easily. Also, hats on hairstyles is from me a complete spot on. Clothing is very modern and nice, though limited due the disappearance of CAS. Also, not a lot of choice in voice.
    So in general I guess it's ok, but you still need to improve it.
  • Options
    MRoss18451MRoss18451 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Please add some short curlier or wavy hair.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    I see a lot more people have been getting the demo today but some of us are still being excluded. Can we have it this week please? Thank you.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    lolypop385lolypop385 Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    I signed up the day after the sims 4 demo was released, but i still haven't gotten a chance to try it out, im quite angry because alot of people have gotten a chance and they probably haven't waited for as long as others, like me.
  • Options
    janenalmira1janenalmira1 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeaahhhh I got it :D
    Installing now (it's 1:19 am here :) )
    I had to upload my origin and then it appeared :D

Yeeaaaahh very happy! But I hope the rest of you will get it soon, waiting seems long I know it!

Thanks Sims team!!!!
  • Options
    CowplantedCowplanted Posts: 78
    edited August 2014
    Oops, double posted.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CowplantedCowplanted Posts: 78
    edited August 2014
    I just tried posting this but it didn't seem to work. If it did and for some reason it's just not showing up for me, sorry!
    There's a texture glitch when pairing the military-inspired bolero with the lace shorts.

4g2kjm.png

The glitched texture doesn't show up with any other shirt and it changes color to match the bolero, so I think it's safe to say the glitch it specific to this pair of shorts and this top. It's usually covered by my Sim's hand so it's easy to see how it was overlooked. :)
  • Options
    lazer_lemon23lazer_lemon23 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    BBadict wrote:
    Here is my feedback:

YES! I completely agree with this. Very disappointing

Thank you!! I'm right with you guys. I signed up for the demo the day they opened the signups and I've received nothing. Meanwhile, people who never signed up are getting the demo. It's super frustrating.

So is the fact that they said "spots were limited" and then when it got towards the last couple of days they were all like 'hey, don't forget to sign up, spots are limited!' and people like myself still hadn't gotten an invite for the demo. I mean, why not give them to the people who were paying attention and had already signed up?

The whole ordeal is super irritating and doesn't make any sense. I'm not very happy with the way they've handled it. And now they're still all secretive about a public release, maintaining the "it'll be available for everyone later this summer" stance.
  • Options
    SimonetooSimonetoo Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    Ok, so what about those who HAVE been invited to the CAS and look excited in Origin to find it NOT there? I contacted a live person and all I got is that its not out yet even though 1.) I know it is and have been anxiously awaiting the update 2.)and have no clue how long it's going to take if any to get it even though I already have an email saying that I do? *sniff* A little update on something in the FAQs would be helpful as NOTHING explains that one...and the live chat didn't help at all either. :-(
  • Options
    rosalindmudie98rosalindmudie98 Posts: 31
    edited August 2014
    I signed up on the opening day too on 3 different Origin accounts and still nothing.

I honestly think the demo should have been handed out on a first come first serve basis. That way only the people who desperately wanted the demo would get it (excluding a few perhaps?)

This has just gone way too far. A month we've been waiting, and some of us still don't have it. Ridiculous :(
  • Options
    BrighidtBrighidt Posts: 86 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just got the demo today. Having major issues trying to launch it. Not sure if it's anything to do with the Origin update I also got today.

The only time I've been able to successfully launch the demo was right after a reboot. Every other time, I get a black screen with the Windows spinning circle (the hourglass of Windows 7). After a minute or so of nothing else, I check in task manager, and the demo is not responding.

Anyone else seeing this? Do I need to give more info on my system specs?