Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only who isnt bothered if someone doesnt like TS4? Do you remember TS3 dislike/backlash?

Am I the only one who doesnt care what other peoples opinions of the sims 4 are? Like I dont become mad or disappointed if someone else hates the sims 4. I think the sims 4 is awesome and I have all along. I fell in love with the feel of the game from the beginning but if someone else says its not their cup of tea thats fine.Basically, Im still going to enjoy the game :)

To my other point:

I have been playing the sims since the sims 1. I was like 10 at the time.Anyway, I accepted and looked forward to each new sims game.Yet many players met the sims 3 with resistance. I remember when the sims 3 was announced and the pictures shown everyone complained of how much better the sims 2 was and there was so much dislike.I was excited and looking forward to the new take on the sims.I never really had fun with the sims 3, not like I did with the sims 2, I could play for hours.

Anyway, I'm saying all this to say that I think most people see the good things about the sims 4, at the same time that theres also some who arent happy at all because features they liked arent there.

edit:
And I have to add, as someone who is playing the demo without the create a style,create a SIM is MUCH faster and funner to play with now. The clothes do not need time to load, not even a little.The sims themselves are so customizable, even their walk. It's extremely impressive.I just wish people would appreciate the positives MORE!

Comments

• Options
    AnneMarit2AnneMarit2 Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm with you. Can't wait. These forums are so full of "Lord of the Flies"-people. Man, go out get some sun, be happy elsewhere if you don't like the look/fell/content of this game. It is to late to change it.

I visit this forum to try to find some new info, but all new info is drowned by the "Kill Piggy"-people.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember how annoyed everyone was that the swimming pools lost their diving board. TS3 lost much less that has been removed from TS4
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited July 2014
    AnneMarit2 wrote:
    I'm with you. Can't wait. These forums are so full of "Lord of the Flies"-people. Man, go out get some sun, be happy elsewhere if you don't like the look/fell/content of this game. It is to late to change it.

I visit this forum to try to find some new info, but all new info is drowned by the "Kill Piggy"-people.

I dont mind if some others had wishes that werent met and arent happy, fine with me. I dont even mind if they want to voice their dislike. I just remember when the sims 3 was met with the same criticisms about the way it looked and how different it was from the sims 2. What I enjoy the most about the new style is that I feel like its more of what the Sims is really about.The sims 2 was goofy and fun and the sims 4 is a really well done improvement upon that whole game style/look.

I was just wondering am i the only one who does not feel any less excited for TS4 because some others have a different viewpoint. All viewpoints are acceptable, mine just tends to stay the same 8)
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm super pumped about TS4. I don't care if other people don't like it. ((I do have a problem when they insult me though.))

I wasn't around for TS2 to TS3 transition. But TS3 is garbage compared to TS2. :P
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:

I dont mind if some others had wishes that werent met and arent happy, fine with me. I dont even mind if they want to voice their dislike. I just remember when the sims 3 was met with the same criticisms about the way it looked and how different it was from the sims 2. What I enjoy the most about the new style is that I feel like its more of what the Sims is really about.The sims 2 was goofy and fun and the sims 4 is a really well done improvement upon that whole game style/look.

I was just wondering am i the only one who does not feel any less excited for TS4 because some others have a different viewpoint. All viewpoints are acceptable, mine just tends to stay the same 8)

Yeah, they don't bother me as such, but it bothers me that the forums are without interesting rumors and talks about what is to come. Whenever I see an interesting thread about some tidbit of information, three post down the trolls and flaming 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are ruining it. They drive away the nice people.

So I don't care what they say and think about this new game, but I care that they ruin the forums :-(
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    AnneMarit2 wrote:
    I'd suggest SimsVip or some other site if you just want to find info. A forum is a place to discuss.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AnneMarit2 wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:

Yeah, they don't bother me as such, but it bothers me that the forums are without interesting rumors and talks about what is to come. Whenever I see an interesting thread about some tidbit of information, three post down the trolls and flaming 🐸🐸🐸🐸 are ruining it. They drive away the nice people.

So I don't care what they say and think about this new game, but I care that they ruin the forums :-(

Yeah it isnt any fun to see constant, non stop griping.Personally, I dont understand.It's a video game. It's a thing you to do past time.If you dont like one, theres many others.Or the sims 3, which if im honest was never anywhere near as entertaining as ts2.
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't care most of the time but if you post your dislike over and over and over again and call other people names and expect people to kowtow to you then I get a little annoyed.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    I do have a bit of issues with sims 4 over toddlers. I admit I complain about there not being any toddlers. But I dont hate the game. In fact most of the game Im looking foward to. Im not 100% that the game will be good but I at least want to try because there are a lot of cool things about it I cant wait to try. So overall Im excited with it. But I do sometimes vent about the toddler thing.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm with you on the "Can't Wait" boat. ;)

You know, I'm not so much bothered by people who don't like TS4, I just don't understand why so many people are being argumentative (and sometimes just outright hurtful) with one another on things that are preference-based... I'll admit I probably stepped into a few conversations in the defense of people who didn't exactly need defending, but... The animosity in these threads is contagious if you aren't careful. I've had to bite my tongue quite a few times. :lol: *sigh* I wish people would understand that you don't have to "pick a side," ya know? Can't we all just get alooooong?~ *strums my silly little hippie guitar* (Textbook definition of "wishful thinking" right there! 8))

But moving on, sorry! TS4 is going to be really amazing, I think! September 2nd just cannot come fast enough! :cry: I'm so excited to see about this new "Neighborhood" setup, as well as just how "weird" Sims can get. :D
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesnt care what other peoples opinions of the sims 4 are? Like I dont become mad or disappointed if someone else hates the sims 4. I think the sims 4 is awesome and I have all along. I fell in love with the feel of the game from the beginning but if someone else says its not their cup of tea thats fine.Basically, Im still going to enjoy the game :)

To my other point:

I have been playing the sims since the sims 1. I was like 10 at the time.Anyway, I accepted and looked forward to each new sims game.Yet many players met the sims 3 with resistance. I remember when the sims 3 was announced and the pictures shown everyone complained of how much better the sims 2 was and there was so much dislike.I was excited and looking forward to the new take on the sims.I never really had fun with the sims 3, not like I did with the sims 2, I could play for hours.

Anyway, I'm saying all this to say that I think most people see the good things about the sims 4, at the same time that theres also some who arent happy at all because features they liked arent there.

The whole uproar DOES remind me very much of when TS3 was announced. There was even some backlash when TS2 was announced. Like you, it really doesn't bother me if folks express opinions for or against; they'll like what they like, and the won't like what they won't like. What is getting me to the point of taking another long break from the forum is the constant fighting and whining. That's a lot different than just expressing an opinion, or having civil discussion.

I remember being worried I'd hate TS2. It turned out to be my favorite so far. I remember having reservations about TS3, to the point of putting off purchase for a couple of years. I enjoy TS3 now (though not in the same way I enjoy TS2). TS4 -- I'm sure there will be things I like and things I don't like (I'm very put off by the "bro" trait, but I don't have to use it). Until/Unless I get the game and try playing, I won't really know. (I do plan on getting it, but was on the fence until just recently).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd suggest SimsVip or some other site if you just want to find info. A forum is a place to discuss.

Yes, discuss. But that is not what happens in these forums. It's nagging, ********, trolling, name-calling and so on.

I want to discuss the tidbits, i want to come to the official forum to discuss the new game. But I can't because of the forums are a big hate-fest.

So now I'm going out in the sun, going for a swim, eating some lunch and enjoy my day.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I remember how many complained of how the sims 3 was too heavy on their pcs, made their games crash and caused all kinds of lag issues and now that they have made the necessary and harmless changes like removing the extreme customization of every single thing people still arent happy.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's actually quite interesting to re-read these forums.

Just go to the "General Forums" and hit the "go to last page" arrow button. Man, people were not happy at all with the Sims 3 and they really hated the Sims 3 store.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    It's actually quite interesting to re-read these forums.

Just go to the "General Forums" and hit the "go to last page" arrow button. Man, people were not happy at all with the Sims 3 and they really hated the Sims 3 store.

Oooh good idea :mrgreen:

Im surprised the sims games are still around, its just seems like sims "fans" are harsh on the game period and other people who are fans of other games are more "protective" toward whatever game they like. Not that I find different opinions to be wrong but I just dont see how you can look at some of the cool features TS4 has and how they changed things to improve all of the lag and crashing people complained about and still not be somewhat pleased, but thats just me. The sims 4 looks amazing and is no doubt more aesthetic than the sims 3.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    AnneMarit2 wrote:

Yes, discuss. But that is not what happens in these forums. It's nagging, ********, trolling, name-calling and so on.

I want to discuss the tidbits, i want to come to the official forum to discuss the new game. But I can't because of the forums are a big hate-fest.

So now I'm going out in the sun, going for a swim, eating some lunch and enjoy my day.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
    Oh, I see, that's what you meant. I thought you just used the forums to get information, so I suggested another way to get that.

Sounds like you have a nice day ahead of you. :)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    You know it is funny because Sims 3 was my first ever Sims game. I was walking through Walmart one day and saw the Sims 2 and 3 and I stood there debating on which one to get. I heard some really good things about Sims 2 so I almost grabbed that one but my husband said, "No, go with the newer game because it will be supported longer." So I did. I knew absolutely nothing about the game or reviews or people complaining. Nothing. I LOVED the game. It was so fun, I couldn't stop playing it.

After a few years, I watched a You Tube of a "Lets Play" of the Sims 2 and I was transfixed. I watched that guy play for over an hour. I couldn't seem to stop. I was AMAZED at how different the Sims 2 was, how entertaining the personalities were. My Sims seemed robotic in comparison. Also, I was sick of trying to get my game to play without the little freezes all the time.

And it was then, that I almost bought Sims 2. I had every intention of it and would have but oddly enough the very next day they announced the Sims 4. And I remember thinking I hope they go back to the Sims themselves and really focus on making them more like Sims 2. I would trade the open world and everything if my Sims could eat in a restaurant, have funny personalities, would interact with one another and would actually be entertaining like what I saw on that video.

I want to be surprised by how they react to things. And it seems like that is what they did in the Sims 4 so yes, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it might be a fun game. I hope it is.

Edited to add: I am still thinking of buying the Sims 2. I can't seem to forget about that video but it almost seems a waste with Sims 4 coming up. However, now they are giving away that one edition if you own Sims 2 but I wonder if I could still get that if I just bought the game now.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    Personally, it depends on the situation for me. I've loved Sims for what feels like forever, and as something I do enjoy, it can hurt to see heavy bashing. I know the joy I've gotten from these games over the years and it can make me sad that others who used to enjoy the game no longer do.

But the only times I ever really get offended over these things is if they start to insult me, my feelings, hobbies, values, etc (ex: "Only an idiot would play this game" or "What a sheep, buying everything EA puts out without a second of hesitation" etc).

I don't really remember any TS3 initial dislike, but I remember how hard it was to go from every EP to none at all; that's a hard sell for some people. But I think some of them will come around after a few EPs or after they read some reviews from players they trust. And maybe they won't. Doesn't really matter to me, as cold as that might sound.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    You know it is funny because Sims 3 was my first ever Sims game. I was walking through Walmart one day and saw the Sims 2 and 3 and I stood there debating on which one to get. I heard some really good things about Sims 2 so I almost grabbed that one but my husband said, "No, go with the newer game because it will be supported longer." So I did. I knew absolutely nothing about the game or reviews or people complaining. Nothing. I LOVED the game. It was so fun, I couldn't stop playing it.

After a few years, I watched a You Tube of a "Lets Play" of the Sims 2 and I was transfixed. I watched that guy play for over an hour. I couldn't seem to stop. I was AMAZED at how different the Sims 2 was, how entertaining the personalities were. My Sims seemed robotic in comparison. Also, I was sick of trying to get my game to play without the little freezes all the time.

And it was then, that I almost bought Sims 2. I had every intention of it and would have but oddly enough the very next day they announced the Sims 4. And I remember thinking I hope they go back to the Sims themselves and really focus on making them more like Sims 2. I would trade the open world and everything if my Sims could eat in a restaurant, have funny personalities, would interact with one another and would actually be entertaining like what I saw on that video.

I want to be surprised by how they react to things. And it seems like that is what they did in the Sims 4 so yes, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it might be a fun game. I hope it is.

Edited to add: I am still thinking of buying the Sims 2. I can't seem to forget about that video but it almost seems a waste with Sims 4 coming up. However, now they are giving away that one edition if you own Sims 2 but I wonder if I could still get that if I just bought the game now.

Omg! You just broke down why I loved the sims 2 and why I know Im going to love the sims 4. The sims 3 sims are robotic. The sims 4 sims traits actually matter! Who'd have thunk? Lol. Their personalities come alive. Like you said, they actually do something to entertain you and thrill you. The sims 3 to me, feels really forced and lifeless.Playing the demo is amazing. I get to see just how far the sims themselves have come from that blank doll stare. Their eyes have laughter in them.All Im saying is the sims 4 is nothing to dump on. It's actually really cool and going back to the root of what the sims is all about. Which is something long time fans at least understand.Thanks for your input :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:

Omg! You just broke down why I loved the sims 2 and why I know Im going to love the sims 4. The sims 2 sims are robotic. The sims 4 sims traits actually matter! Who'd have thunk? Lol. Their personalities come alive. Like you said, they actually do something to entertain you and thrill you. The sims 3 to me, feels really forced and lifeless.Playing the demo is amazing. I get to see just how far the sims themselves have come from that blank doll stare. Their eyes have laughter in them.All Im saying is the sims 4 is nothing to dump on. It's actually really cool and going back to the root of what the sims is all about. Which is something long time fans at least understand.Thanks for your input :)

That's one reason I love Sims 2 so much compared to Sims 3. When Sims 3 came out, folks in one forum I frequented dubbed the TS3 Sims "puddings," because they were so bland and expressionless in comparison. What they gained in dedicating resources to the open world concept, they lost in the actual Sims themselves. I go back and forth between the two games, but I play Sims 2 way more. I see Sims 4 going more in the direction Sims 2 was, and improvement on THAT style of play, THOSE Sims. Sims 3 has always seemed like a jump in a totally different direction. It's okay, and I know there are those who love it to pieces, but it's not my favorite cup of tea. (I'll drink it once in a while, though).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MsPhy wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:

Omg! You just broke down why I loved the sims 2 and why I know Im going to love the sims 4. The sims 2 sims are robotic. The sims 4 sims traits actually matter! Who'd have thunk? Lol. Their personalities come alive. Like you said, they actually do something to entertain you and thrill you. The sims 3 to me, feels really forced and lifeless.Playing the demo is amazing. I get to see just how far the sims themselves have come from that blank doll stare. Their eyes have laughter in them.All Im saying is the sims 4 is nothing to dump on. It's actually really cool and going back to the root of what the sims is all about. Which is something long time fans at least understand.Thanks for your input :)

That's one reason I love Sims 2 so much compared to Sims 3. When Sims 3 came out, folks in one forum I frequented dubbed the TS3 Sims "puddings," because they were so bland and expressionless in comparison. What they gained in dedicating resources to the open world concept, they lost in the actual Sims themselves. I go back and forth between the two games, but I play Sims 2 way more. I see Sims 4 going more in the direction Sims 2 was, and improvement on THAT style of play, THOSE Sims. Sims 3 has always seemed like a jump in a totally different direction. It's okay, and I know there are those who love it to pieces, but it's not my favorite cup of tea. (I'll drink it once in a while, though).

Hmm...I feel the same way. Maybe the ones who love it to pieces didnt play the sims 2 or somehow didnt manage to fall in love with it like many players did.Im glad that old style of play is back.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: I was probably one of those people who during the transition to sims 3, told the whiners to stop whining. :lol: That is, until one of them asked "where else do you expect me to go, do you really think it's appropriate that I express my disappointment about the sims at a forum about baseball statistics??" :P

And after that, I just let them be. With occasional expressions of condolence, because I'm not a mean person. See, there's a difference between being a nice person and merely pretending to be a nice person.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    :lol: I was probably one of those people who during the transition to sims 3, told the whiners to stop whining. :lol: That is, until one of them asked "where else do you expect me to go, do you really think it's appropriate that I express my disappointment about the sims at a forum about baseball statistics??" :P

And after that, I just let them be. With occasional expressions of condolence, because I'm not a mean person. See, there's a difference between being a nice person and merely pretending to be a nice person.

Oh I havent told them to go anywhere else.It's fine if they stay. I think some people are just wondering how many times can you say the same thing.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    I'm super pumped about TS4. I don't care if other people don't like it. ((I do have a problem when they insult me though.))

I wasn't around for TS2 to TS3 transition. But TS3 is garbage compared to TS2. :P

I'm seeing more and more people say this, and I'm surprised every time. I adore CASt, and because I'm addicted to CC, TS2 could never handle my CC load. CASt was like a dream come true for someone like me lol

Though I do occasionally miss Apartment Life and Uni...
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    edit:
    And I have to add, as someone who is playing the demo without the create a style,create a SIM is MUCH faster and funner to play with now. The clothes do not need time to load, not even a little.The sims themselves are so customizable, even their walk. It's extremely impressive.I just wish people would appreciate the positives MORE!
    I agree it's easier to create sims with the S4 system. To make them more unique and especially to create sims with something personal in their face without making them ugly. CAS is better, I don't think anyone disagrees CAS is a huge improvement.

I do however regret the cartoonic look - where are my carfully designed sims when they start to move and curl their faces in some 'funny' smirk) and I do mind stylizing their clothes is so very limited in this game compared to what I'm used to. I'm not sure if you allow me to say that however, what's the point of this topic? You don't mind when people are negative about the game (and good for you), but still you dedicate a topic to the phenomenon. This is a Sims-forum you know ;-)?
    5JZ57S6.png