Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only who isnt bothered if someone doesnt like TS4? Do you remember TS3 dislike/backlash?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    jessidollkidjessidollkid Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    There's a reason GTA can have weather -- IT DOESNT HAVE anything ELSE.
    WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That must be why it sold over A BILLION dollars in 3 days.

Yes, a BILLION dollars. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Completely different games. But for comparison the world engine within GTA is far and way MANY levels above the world engine in The Sims 4.

By anything else, I was referring to the other aspects that The Sims 4 has. Ooh, a gf. Ooh, oooooh. I might as well just drop everything and go play GTA for the rest of my life, at least I can have a single gf for the entirety of the two weeks that I can play it without finishing the game. But hey at least when I'm done with it, I can go play the same character as I just did, and do the same missions as I just did, but maybe I'll earn more points this time, yeah, that's it. I'll earn more points. And after I'm done doing all that, paying 60 bucks for a game I can beat in two weeks, I'll just wait til the next one comes out, with the same stuff, just better graphics.

At least the Sims 4 will last FOREVER. I will NEVER have to play a single sim over if I don't want to.

I will NEVER have to do the same opportunity if I don't want to.

And I will not waste money on a game I won't be playing in years -- I played the Sims 3 for five years straight, money well spent, and I can guarantee that I will play Sims 4 for the next five years.

I don't think you're hearing yourself. Do not bring other games into this -- the UI was different from the Sims 3, even, and you're not even mentioning that anymore. This game is not Skyrim, or GTA, or any of the things you've afore mentioned, that have nothing to do with this game, and has not even close to the amount of features any of the sims games have had in the past, let alone the new one.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    These are two different types of games and I don't get how someone can say it's "easy" to take the vast, player-controlled features of the Sims and put them into a GTA or Skyrim world. Unless you build games like that, how can you know how easy it would be? Or even how possible?
    I don't think anyone (at least haven't) suggested it would be easy.

The fact is games like this do exist. You can get married and have families in Fable. You can have girlfriends in GTA. You can change your clothes in all of them. You customize every part of a character like CAS in Saints Row.

We aren't talking about taking the gameplay elements, just the world engine. Its entirely possible if you aren't trying to develop a game to run on TI calculator from the 90s.

Most RPGs have some sort of character customizer. But they don't usually allow you to make an unlimited number of characters that you can switch between during the course of the game. GTA may let you have a girlfriend but can you actually start a family, play a legacy? We already know you can't build houses, etc.

I think the idea is an interesting one--use an expansive world base like GTA combined with the control and customization available in the Sims. However, it seems pretty optimistic to me to think this is something that could be done now so that your average Joe user (or even someone with a high end machine) could run it. So, continually comparing GTA with TS4 does a disservice to both franchises. TS4 can't compare to how open and expansive GTA's world is but GTA can't compare to how personal, customized, diverse and in control players can be with their characters.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    It really doesn't bother me because I honestly could care less. It's about my experience with the game, not theirs. It doesn't bother me that certain features are being left out simply because most of them I never really cared if they were there or not.

When the Sims 3 was release the one tool that made me the most excited was the fountain tool lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Maybe they'll set up a slider for how prominent the emotions display (like the slider for free will). That way people who want sims with less visible emotions can have it and those who want to see their sims feel everything will that as well.
    That would be perfect. I'm afraid it's not going to happen though ;-)
    Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you. At least not right off the bat. It seems to me that they added some controls in TS3 as the game developed more over time so it might be something they'll eventually patch in. But, if it's a deal-breaker, I wouldn't get the game on the hope that they'll patch it in eventually.
    Well, there's another thread going on right now pointing out the Sims in 4 aren't that emotional at all :roll: I'll wait and see (and fill my world with sims that only do standard walks).
    Meh. I'm not overly impressed with their "proof" since it's one screenshot from a pre-scripted live demo. But, until they give us more videos or the game is released, we really won't know for sure. I think a lot of people are skipping the different walks and sticking with the default one. Kind of the beauty of having choices so people can play the way they want. Now, if they'd just tone down the bloom and add in a color wheel....
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    You know it is funny because Sims 3 was my first ever Sims game. I was walking through Walmart one day and saw the Sims 2 and 3 and I stood there debating on which one to get. I heard some really good things about Sims 2 so I almost grabbed that one but my husband said, "No, go with the newer game because it will be supported longer." So I did. I knew absolutely nothing about the game or reviews or people complaining. Nothing. I LOVED the game. It was so fun, I couldn't stop playing it.

After a few years, I watched a You Tube of a "Lets Play" of the Sims 2 and I was transfixed. I watched that guy play for over an hour. I couldn't seem to stop. I was AMAZED at how different the Sims 2 was, how entertaining the personalities were. My Sims seemed robotic in comparison. Also, I was sick of trying to get my game to play without the little freezes all the time.

And it was then, that I almost bought Sims 2. I had every intention of it and would have but oddly enough the very next day they announced the Sims 4. And I remember thinking I hope they go back to the Sims themselves and really focus on making them more like Sims 2. I would trade the open world and everything if my Sims could eat in a restaurant, have funny personalities, would interact with one another and would actually be entertaining like what I saw on that video.

I want to be surprised by how they react to things. And it seems like that is what they did in the Sims 4 so yes, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it might be a fun game. I hope it is.

Edited to add: I am still thinking of buying the Sims 2. I can't seem to forget about that video but it almost seems a waste with Sims 4 coming up. However, now they are giving away that one edition if you own Sims 2 but I wonder if I could still get that if I just bought the game now.

Omg! You just broke down why I loved the sims 2 and why I know Im going to love the sims 4. The sims 3 sims are robotic. The sims 4 sims traits actually matter! Who'd have thunk? Lol. Their personalities come alive. Like you said, they actually do something to entertain you and thrill you. The sims 3 to me, feels really forced and lifeless.Playing the demo is amazing. I get to see just how far the sims themselves have come from that blank doll stare. Their eyes have laughter in them.All Im saying is the sims 4 is nothing to dump on. It's actually really cool and going back to the root of what the sims is all about. Which is something long time fans at least understand.Thanks for your input :)

Oh my God yes! I am a sims 3 fan, it was my first game besides the sim city (when I heard about the sims I was like, wow really? I didn't know there were other versions!) so there is a lot of Nostalgia love there! Even though... yeah... yeah sims 3 has a LOT of problems! I could never get into sims 2, no clue why, maybe because I put false expectations on it? I may try again and see what happens. But I tell ya, the first time I saw the sims 4 sims I just fell head over heels in LOVE with them! I love the smiles and expressions! As an artist, expressions are my life! As a person who has characters, I love the idea of them smiling and just prancing about cheerfully in their little world <3

There is one sims 4 sim that I just have the biggest crush on because he has such a happy chubby little face >w< Even if sims 4 also has it's problems, I still can not find a way to dislike it. I may have a "Ok... well that's annoying that, that is out now... but I'll manage!" Maybe because I played sims 3 first with all it's issues that I'm just more forgiving and patient?
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oniece, I hope Ollie will be available! :P I wouldn't mind the gurus in the town as fillers. Maybe I'll make Jem and the Holograms, but this time Rio knows Jem and Jerrica are one in the same! :roll: lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Well, there's another thread going on right now pointing out the Sims in 4 aren't that emotional at all :roll: I'll wait and see (and fill my world with sims that only do standard walks).
    Meh. I'm not overly impressed with their "proof" since it's one screenshot from a pre-scripted live demo.
    Did you not see the same party I saw in the video? They were standing there lifeless by the stereo. The only Sim moving at all was the one they commanded to dance or something.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Meh. I'm not overly impressed with their "proof" since it's one screenshot from a pre-scripted live demo.
    Did you not see the same party I saw in the video? They were standing there lifeless by the stereo. The only Sim moving at all was the one they commanded to dance or something.

And, I'll repeat, pre-scripted. They already admitted that they turned off free will for their household sims, tweaked the length of time it takes for a sim to die of emotions and set their priorities so that laughing at pee would be stronger than screaming and running from a fire. You look at a single video and decide that's all there is to the game. I look at it and think, I would never play that way.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    And, I'll repeat, pre-scripted. They already admitted that they turned off free will for their household sims, tweaked the length of time it takes for a sim to die of emotions and set their priorities so that laughing at pee would be stronger than screaming and running from a fire. You look at a single video and decide that's all there is to the game. I look at it and think, I would never play that way.
    Turning off free will doesn't impact Sims that are not in your household. None of the Sims were dancing or enjoying the party. They were standing over by the stereo, motionless, lifeless.

If turning off free will impacted Sims outside of your household, how would they ever do any actions at all?

If anything with it being prescripted they should have BEEN more active such as the example of Bella just "happening" to jog by...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesnt care what other peoples opinions of the sims 4 are?

Obviously you do care. Otherwise why keep making threads about it?

These are off topic, by the way. The topic is "The Sims 4", not "other forum goers".
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember the sims 2 forum where everyone was bickering saying the sims 2 was better than the sims 3. Even though I loved the sims 2 I never felt like it was better than the sims 3 was going to be. The sims 3 was so much more advanced, with an open world and Cast. I don't see any improvements in the sims 4.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't need sims to be dramatic, just to know how they feel. The walks.... their emotions become no clearer to me by starting to walk like apes or some cheap musical artist in the fifties.

I played the demo a few times now, but I'm a bit bored by it already. I'd like to play with the sims, not only create them. It's definitely not going to sell the game to me, CAS is just a tiny aspect. And I would like to create different faces, but I'm afraid in the game they all are going to look the same because their facial expressions are so similar and present all the time. I'm just scared Sims 4 will be kind of a Jim Carrey show when he isn't controlling himself.

Exactly :thumbup:.
    TDU90 wrote:
    Lol! To each their own. I love the walks. In real life not everyone has the same walk. I love them sooo much! Thanks EA ;) I dont want the old robotic sims from TS3 back,

I think the name of "robotic sims" in TS3 are from their face expression, not from their walks :wink:.
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited July 2014
    This always happens with every base game. The only difference this time their down right rude this time.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    It is just more annoying than anything as it is basically same thing over and over again and you try to talk about it and get excited and make a thread just for people that are interested, and people actually have to go out of their way to ruin it.

I can sort of understand why some people are upset about toddlers (personally I think they will be back soon and maybe even better than ever. I also think they don't want to give too much away before release as that was also a big complaint), but people wanted all this and complained about Sims 3 and all the issues. Hearing this and knowing that Sims 2 was the most popular Sims game and knowing that they also need a new engine, more fluid animations, etc...they took stuff that they think was appropriate in order to try and improve on it out and go back towards the older version and people just are never pleased. They seem to want the game to do more (too realistic with higher graphics, bigger and complete open world again, etc...), which will make it even harder for most people to play and that isn't smart business wise.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Okay. Im just a little confused. So you're mad the sims 4 doesnt have what you want? So the sims 3 does and you own it? Then you can just keep playing it! Not being rude at all,im just pointing out that the sims 4 doesnt need to have those things since the sims 3 does and you can already continue playing that one. Why must the sims 4 have those things?

Because we want to like and play TS4 too. We are complaining not because we are not a true/fan (I am still confused about the term of true/real fan that some people used in here, but leave that alove first :wink: ) or because we hate TS4. We are complaining because we want to like it too, we want to play it too.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Turning off free will doesn't impact Sims that are not in your household. None of the Sims were dancing or enjoying the party. They were standing over by the stereo, motionless, lifeless.

If turning off free will impacted Sims outside of your household, how would they ever do any actions at all?

If anything with it being prescripted they should have BEEN more active such as the example of Bella just "happening" to jog by...
    I specifically said "for their household sims." I guess you missed that part.

I don't think they were focusing on the sims much outside of their scripted plan. They showed off Bella because they thought it was a big deal. They also didn't mention that the creepy gardner just seemed to be standing around not moving. They were pointing out things that they wanted to highlight. I think they believed that an angry Kim Jong-Un and sims laughing themselves to death were more interesting than the sims at the party. I don't happen to agree with them (as most others on the forums don't either) but I'm not going to look at one demo video played by a script and decide that's all there is to it.

I get it if that's how you feel. I just don't feel that way.
  • Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oniece, I hope Ollie will be available! :P I wouldn't mind the gurus in the town as fillers. Maybe I'll make Jem and the Holograms, but this time Rio knows Jem and Jerrica are one in the same! :roll: lol

Eee Ollie! >w< There is one I really like, he has a blonde beard and a baseball hat, I saw him on one trailer and he has a very cute, friendly, pudgy guy face! Between him and Ollie I swear! Also that guy with the yellow octopus shirt, I dunno I get a kick out of him as well XD

XD that sounds fun!
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**