Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only who isnt bothered if someone doesnt like TS4? Do you remember TS3 dislike/backlash?

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Um, removing Create a style and scaling down the world helps with lag and crashing and game issues DRAMATICALLY.
    Or they could try fixing it and publishing more realistic minimum requirements?

I mean GTA and Skyrim run just fine if you follow their directions on much more detailed and expansive worlds (both with weather also). What they were trying to accomplish is NOT impossible.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Most game issues were caused by the coding and programming of the open world and stuff. The open world and CASt weren't completely at fault when it came to crashes. There are games out there that keep things from previous versions while also adding to it. I don't see why Sims can't do the same as all those other games on the market, when instead of removing things, they would keep and improve them. Games and computers should be able to handle an open world by now if it's coded correctly. We're in 2014 here. Again, improve it, don't remove it.
    I don't know if its worth explaining, apparently they believe themselves to be a developer who knows EXACTLY what was removed to improve the experience.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Im kind of confused. You dont like the sims 4, nothing about it.The sims 3 isnt going anywhere though. You love it. So why are you so bent out of shape about a game you dont have to purchase? I dont prefer the sims 3 so I dont buy it but I dont want to talk about the things I dislike because I know Im done with the game. You're for sure not buying TS4,right? Just relax.
    If I didn't like the Sims 4 I wouldn't be here posting. There is a LOT I like about the game and this series. What I don't like is that people are willing to accept the garbage that they have offered up as a successor to the Sims 3. It effectively means the series ends for me AND several others.

If they would make the Sims 4 truly next generational I would be fine with the new graphics, emotions, and stupid walks. But they haven't added a SINGLE thing to this game other than multi-tasking that is new or different to justify starting over. And for that reason, I am upset.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    And you're right the things they removed were to make the game BETTER which it has.

"Improve, don't remove." Meaning improve the open world, do not remove it. Improve story progression, do not remove it. Improve favorites, do not remove them.

Wow.Um, removing Create a style and scaling down the world helps with lag and crashing and game issues DRAMATICALLY. There are other sims players out there besides yourself who are going to be helped a lot by this change. So,yeah.

For some people removing CASt and Open World are improvements. However for some others, like myself, they are downgrade. We have the same goals that is to stop crashing, lagging and bugs in the game. How do the team achieve that ? That's where our opinions differ.

Some prefer to remove the susceptible root cause while others prefer to improve them.

For me it's like when you are going to a doctor complaining that you have problem with your knees and the doctor fix it by removing your legs :evil: .
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited July 2014
    TDU90 wrote:
    Susiechan wrote:
    AnneMarit2 wrote:

Yes, discuss. But that is not what happens in these forums. It's nagging, ********, trolling, name-calling and so on.

Both parties have a fair share on this. The nagging, bashing, trolling, name-calling were done by both the "buying TS4" and "not buying TS4" camps.

Btw, I love the walk styles. I know you dont care for it thats fine. But I love how it adds a touch of personality and says a lot about who my sim is before they open their mouth.EA did good with this :)

I am fine if others like it :-) . However if I ever lay my hands on TS4, the first thing that I will do is to find a mod to disable that walk styles or at least to set the normal walk style as default to all sims in my game :P .
  • Options
    GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    Im kind of confused. You dont like the sims 4, nothing about it.The sims 3 isnt going anywhere though. You love it. So why are you so bent out of shape about a game you dont have to purchase? I dont prefer the sims 3 so I dont buy it but I dont want to talk about the things I dislike because I know Im done with the game. You're for sure not buying TS4,right? Just relax.
    If I didn't like the Sims 4 I wouldn't be here posting. There is a LOT I like about the game and this series. What I don't like is that people are willing to accept the garbage that they have offered up as a successor to the Sims 3. It effectively means the series ends for me AND several others.

If they would make the Sims 4 truly next generational I would be fine with the new graphics, emotions, and stupid walks. But they haven't added a SINGLE thing to this game other than multi-tasking that is new or different to justify starting over. And for that reason, I am upset.

What do you like about it?
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What do you like about it?
    I love the multi-tasking
    I like the new graphics
    I like several of the new objects introduced
    I like several things about the new build mode, including moving rooms, adjusting window and wall height
    I like how the gallery can be used to browse for full rooms
    I like the idea behind emotions (although hoping the are less in your face when not in demo)
    I like how skills build faster based on various attributes
    I like the power shutting off when you don't pay bills

There is a LOT to like about the game. However, its NOT a next generation Sims title. A next generation title needs "something big" and telling me its emotions or the new walks doesn't cut it.

Keep in mind, EA wants me and others to abandon hundreds of dollars in EPs and store content for this version. They have CUT so many things from the base game, over 35 gameplay elements, that I am at a point where I don't feel they deserve my $70. Will I get the game? Yes, probably. But for like $19 and only if the EPs interest me. They LOST AN EASY SALE. I have preordered every Maxis title since SimCity 2000 back in the 90s.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Susiechan wrote:

For some people removing CASt and Open World are improvements. However for some others, like myself, they are downgrade. We have the same goals that is to stop crashing, lagging and bugs in the game. How do the team achieve that ? That's where our opinions differ.

They did do a compromise for Open World though. It's not completely closed but it's all so not completely open. It's a mix between the two which is really the best possible option.

((I am one of the people who HATE Seamless Open World.))
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    They did do a compromise for Open World though. It's not completely closed but it's all so not completely open. It's a mix between the two which is really the best possible option.
    This has been debated to death. Not once in the video did they show going from one area to another without a load screen.

My favorite reply on these debates? Its like being partially pregnant.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    Susiechan wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesnt care what other peoples opinions of the sims 4 are? Like I dont become mad or disappointed if someone else hates the sims 4. I think the sims 4 is awesome and I have all along. I fell in love with the feel of the game from the beginning but if someone else says its not their cup of tea thats fine.Basically, Im still going to enjoy the game :)

To my other point:

I have been playing the sims since the sims 1. I was like 10 at the time.Anyway, I accepted and looked forward to each new sims game.Yet many players met the sims 3 with resistance. I remember when the sims 3 was announced and the pictures shown everyone complained of how much better the sims 2 was and there was so much dislike.I was excited and looking forward to the new take on the sims.I never really had fun with the sims 3, not like I did with the sims 2, I could play for hours.

Anyway, I'm saying all this to say that I think most people see the good things about the sims 4, at the same time that theres also some who arent happy at all because features they liked arent there.

I think you might be the only one :wink: . I hope you can stay that way :lol: .

I tried not to ruin other's happiness for TS4. Therefore you seldom see me posted any "negativity" in the "positive" thread.
    TDU90 wrote:
    And I have to add, as someone who is playing the demo without the create a style,create a SIM is MUCH faster and funner to play with now. The clothes do not need time to load, not even a little.The sims themselves are so customizable, even their walk. It's extremely impressive.I just wish people would appreciate the positives MORE!

I got the demo as well. I have it for almost two week now. I only spent around 30 minutes in that CAS demo so far. I don't hate or dislike it. It is a different experience that the CAS in TS3. I can see the potention in it however it makes me miss CASt more :(. And I am also not a fan of those walk styles :x .

So does it mean that I don't appreciate the positives ? NO, I don't think so. I may not going gaga over the demo CAS but that not because I don't appreciate it. It makes me somehow sad and wish that I got CASt (and toddler) in it. :( .
    I completely agree with you.

I don't need sims to be dramatic, just to know how they feel. The walks.... their emotions become no clearer to me by starting to walk like apes or some cheap musical artist in the fifties.

I played the demo a few times now, but I'm a bit bored by it already. I'd like to play with the sims, not only create them. It's definitely not going to sell the game to me, CAS is just a tiny aspect. And I would like to create different faces, but I'm afraid in the game they all are going to look the same because their facial expressions are so similar and present all the time. I'm just scared Sims 4 will be kind of a Jim Carrey show when he isn't controlling himself.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yup I remember the backlash with the sims 3 announcement and yes it did get as bad as it is now with sims 4. There was also name calling, and like during nearly every new expansion pack that came out for sims 3 too. Remember the whole divide of supernatural versus weather expansion pack? Then people got mad at those who liked supernatural because that expansion pack came first.

Personally, I don't really care what others do with their money. Only time I get annoyed is when someone starts calling me names. With sims 4 I have been called names for wanting to buy, and then called a name because I decided not to buy until toddlers are added lol. I usually ignore, especially when it comes from those who like to rile others up. I'm a pretty laid back gamer as there are always other games I can play if one doesn't work out.

Now if you all think these forums are bad you should try parenting forums. Everything you do as a parent is wrong. :P
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd say there's a lot of people here who are 'bothered' by those who dislike Sims 4.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm still buying the game, I've pre-ordered the Premium Edition. I was quite angry when I learnt about toddlers and pools -especially toddlers- but now my anger seems to fade away, I don't know. I'm trying to remain as optimistic as possible.

As for for TS3 dislike, I was here when it happened but I was hopeful for the game and it didn't disappoint me, at least not too much. I'm still playing it with joy even though I believe that the Sims 3 sims are too robotic compared to the Sims 2 ones.

TS1: I've never played it.
    TS2: I own the base game, University + Nightlife expansion packs, but I've lost the game leaflet of the Nightlife expansion pack and I couldn't install it, so thank God for the Ultimate Collection!
    TS3: I own every expansion and stuff pack. :wink:

So, what I'm trying to say is that I want to give TS4 a second chance and criticize its every, good or bad, aspect after having spent many days playing it.
  • Options
    ShrillShrill Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember the Sims 3 backlash well, I didn't join in with it though - as much as I loved Sim 2 I was really looking forward to 3 and loved it at first. I think the difference now though is that EA's reputation has plummeted since Sims 3 came out, and there's very little goodwill or faith that they'll do a good job - that's certainly where my cynicism lies anyway. I hate not being excited for Sims 4, I've played and loved Sims since the very beginning, but I just don't feel like the makers 'get it' anymore so I'll warily watch how Sims 4 goes down before buying.

And I'm not bothered whether anyone loves or hates the idea of Sims 4 - I totally understand both sides of the fence. Of course, it would be much better for everyone if the game was undoubtedly looking awesome!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Shrill wrote:
    I remember the Sims 3 backlash well, I didn't join in with it though - as much as I loved Sim 2 I was really looking forward to 3 and loved it at first. I think the difference now though is that EA's reputation has plummeted since Sims 3 came out, and there's very little goodwill or faith that they'll do a good job - that's certainly where my cynicism lies anyway. I hate not being excited for Sims 4, I've played and loved Sims since the very beginning, but I just don't feel like the makers 'get it' anymore so I'll warily watch how Sims 4 goes down before buying.

And I'm not bothered whether anyone loves or hates the idea of Sims 4 - I totally understand both sides of the fence. Of course, it would be much better for everyone if the game was undoubtedly looking awesome!
    THIS SUMS ME UP IN VERY WELL. THANK YOU!
  • Options
    HalcyonKatHalcyonKat Posts: 612
    edited July 2014
    I don't personally mind if someone likes or dislikes the game, I only get bothered by the folks to specifically post insults and negativity all over threads that were people simply being happy.

These people didn't take away the features you wanted. They didn't choose the textures, or walks, or for the grass to be green. So lets not be rude to them just because their perspective includes a silver lining.

Likewise, the people who drop in on unhappy/neutral type threads and spam them up by calling everyone traitors and telling them to get off the forums are just as bad.

Agree to disagree. That's all. :)

As for me, I'm quite pleased with the game...and this whole ordeal has indeed reminded me of all the sims3 criticism...I was just saying as much to my husband the other day. (And he sweetly listened,nodded, and contributed even though he isn't a sims fan. xD)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,930 Member
    edited July 2014
    AnneMarit2 wrote:
    I'm with you. Can't wait. These forums are so full of "Lord of the Flies"-people. Man, go out get some sun, be happy elsewhere if you don't like the look/fell/content of this game. It is to late to change it.

I visit this forum to try to find some new info, but all new info is drowned by the "Kill Piggy"-people.

^ The "Kill Piggy" remark made me laugh. But I'm here for the same purpose. I was reluctant to make the switch to Sims 3, but did so in enough time to preorder it, and I got the Collector's Edition, too. I bought all of the EPs (sans any Katy Perry stuff and Supernatural), it's just not my thing. But only two SP, although I gladly accepted the TL SP EA offered us for free.

I, too, come here to learn about the new game. Just trying to do my due diligence and not buy uninformed. While I'm devastated they opted to remove toddlers, I cling to the hope they will be added at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm definitely intrigued by the new CAS system, and the sense that the town will be more lively. I am well aware that most of the trailers are 'staged', but I am hoping that the conversations they've shown at the dining table and at parties is the real deal. I've been playing Sims 2 most recently and was struck with how lively the Sims are in that game. I'm addicted all over again. In Sims 3, they are just too mechanical and pretty much (despite the whole Trait system) more like the undead, if I may. Essentially devoid of personality. And I always play with High Free Will On. :shock:

But, yeah, it's pretty hard to pick up the information sought amidst all the Debbie Downers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd say there's a lot of people here who are 'bothered' by those who dislike Sims 4.

Lol. Theres a lot who are bothered by those of us who love it and are excited for the game also! I dont care how other people perceive it, I think its awesome.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    And you're right the things they removed were to make the game BETTER which it has.

"Improve, don't remove." Meaning improve the open world, do not remove it. Improve story progression, do not remove it. Improve favorites, do not remove them.

Moonbarker , has it occurred to you that those features couldn't be improved?
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    edited July 2014
    Susiechan wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    Am I the only one who doesnt care what other peoples opinions of the sims 4 are? Like I dont become mad or disappointed if someone else hates the sims 4. I think the sims 4 is awesome and I have all along. I fell in love with the feel of the game from the beginning but if someone else says its not their cup of tea thats fine.Basically, Im still going to enjoy the game :)

To my other point:

I have been playing the sims since the sims 1. I was like 10 at the time.Anyway, I accepted and looked forward to each new sims game.Yet many players met the sims 3 with resistance. I remember when the sims 3 was announced and the pictures shown everyone complained of how much better the sims 2 was and there was so much dislike.I was excited and looking forward to the new take on the sims.I never really had fun with the sims 3, not like I did with the sims 2, I could play for hours.

Anyway, I'm saying all this to say that I think most people see the good things about the sims 4, at the same time that theres also some who arent happy at all because features they liked arent there.

I think you might be the only one :wink: . I hope you can stay that way :lol: .

I tried not to ruin other's happiness for TS4. Therefore you seldom see me posted any "negativity" in the "positive" thread.
    TDU90 wrote:
    And I have to add, as someone who is playing the demo without the create a style,create a SIM is MUCH faster and funner to play with now. The clothes do not need time to load, not even a little.The sims themselves are so customizable, even their walk. It's extremely impressive.I just wish people would appreciate the positives MORE!

I got the demo as well. I have it for almost two week now. I only spent around 30 minutes in that CAS demo so far. I don't hate or dislike it. It is a different experience that the CAS in TS3. I can see the potention in it however it makes me miss CASt more :(. And I am also not a fan of those walk styles :x .

So does it mean that I don't appreciate the positives ? NO, I don't think so. I may not going gaga over the demo CAS but that not because I don't appreciate it. It makes me somehow sad and wish that I got CASt (and toddler) in it. :( .
    I completely agree with you.

I don't need sims to be dramatic, just to know how they feel. The walks.... their emotions become no clearer to me by starting to walk like apes or some cheap musical artist in the fifties.

I played the demo a few times now, but I'm a bit bored by it already. I'd like to play with the sims, not only create them. It's definitely not going to sell the game to me, CAS is just a tiny aspect. And I would like to create different faces, but I'm afraid in the game they all are going to look the same because their facial expressions are so similar and present all the time. I'm just scared Sims 4 will be kind of a Jim Carrey show when he isn't controlling himself.

Lol! To each their own. I love the walks. In real life not everyone has the same walk. I love them sooo much! Thanks EA ;) I dont want the old robotic sims from TS3 back,
  • Options
    crayzeehappeecrayzeehappee Posts: 676 Member
    edited July 2014
    HalcyonKat wrote:
    I don't personally mind if someone likes or dislikes the game, I only get bothered by the folks to specifically post insults and negativity all over threads that were people simply being happy.
    This. If you don't like the game, who cares? It's just a game. You don't have to call the ppl who like it idiots or lemmings though.
    Origin Username: crayzeehappee
    funny-game-glitch-sims-baby-leave.jpg
  • Options
    jessidollkidjessidollkid Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wish I didn't care, but I do.

It's not that they don't like the Sims 4 -- they can dislike anything they like.

Its how they're all calling us dumb***es, and saying we're a flock of sheep that will buy anything with a sims label on it.

That's what grinds my gears.

As for the CAS demo, God has forsaken me, and I am still CASless even though I signed up for it more than a week and a half ago.

Woe is me.

But I can tell, even on the slower computers, through youtube videos, that a lot of things are better now in CAS, no more waiting a minute and a half for your favorite pattern to load, or waiting for one category to load, just so you can click on the actual category you want. And the color change on the pre-sets is automatic.

Can't wait for this game, seriously.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:

They can very well improve these features if they wanted to. Take Twaillan's mod for story progression for example. That mod has made story progression much better than what it was and I've heard many positive comments and praise for it. Tell me how a modder, who does it for free, can improve something like that and do a better job than EA, a multi billion company? Saying that it can't be improved is not true.
  • Options
    jessidollkidjessidollkid Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:
    Um, removing Create a style and scaling down the world helps with lag and crashing and game issues DRAMATICALLY.
    Or they could try fixing it and publishing more realistic minimum requirements?

I mean GTA and Skyrim run just fine if you follow their directions on much more detailed and expansive worlds (both with weather also). What they were trying to accomplish is NOT impossible.

How many aspects does the Sims 4 include that those games don't? Can GTA produce children? Can GTA produce customized houses? Can GTA have 20+ different jobs, and work on 20+ different skills? Can GTA communicate with every single person in the entire Sim world? And just in case you've forgotten, GTA HAS LOADING SCREENS.

DO NOT COMPARE GAMES THAT ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO EACHOTHER.

There's a reason GTA can have weather -- IT DOESNT HAVE anything ELSE.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    TDU90 wrote:

They can very well improve these features if they wanted to. Take Twaillan's mod for story progression for example. That mod has made story progression much better than what it was and I've heard many positive comments and praise for it. Tell me how a modder, who does it for free, can improve something like that and do a better job than EA, a multi billion company? Saying that it can't be improved is not true.

And if something goes wrong , that mod can break your entire game.

And Mr. Anoymous Sim guru said the open world engine was a huge mistake.