May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    SimGal11SimGal11 Posts: 106
    edited July 2014
    I'm still not able to understand why they made early access just because of the Gallery!
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    You know what's really weird? I can't access any of the sims twitter pages. I don't know what's wrong with it it's probably just me but it's still really strange is this happening to anyone else?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    SimGal11 wrote:
    Lol, if I'm being honest, if I get the Demo I might not purchase the game! I just like being able to make Sims XD!
    :lol: Yeah the CAS is like a game itself! When I got the mmorpg "perfect world" I ONLY made characters, nothing else lol.
    Lol!
  • Options
    thesims3fan4thesims3fan4 Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:
    You know what's really weird? I can't access any of the sims twitter pages. I don't know what's wrong with it it's probably just me but it's still really strange is this happening to anyone else?
    Nope not happening to me
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:
    Hmm that seems strange... I can't check right now b/c my phone is updating!
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    I'm still not able to understand why they made early access just because of the Gallery!

To test the limits of the downloading, uploading, and browsing on their servers. My guess is due to the SimCity fiasco where the servers fell down due to overload. =)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:
    Nope not happening to me
    Hmm maybe it's just me I guess. it's really weird it says like this page does not exist even for like the guru ones.
  • Options
    Heather0325Heather0325 Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    You guys talk about a wave happening in an hour or so, correct? What are waves exactly? Periods of time where a bunch of people get it at the same time? I hope some of us are those people!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:

To test the limits of the downloading, uploading, and browsing on their servers. My guess is due to the SimCity fiasco where the servers fell down due to overload. =)
    Yeah, I get that! It's just... Couldn't they have made a Demo including the Gallery and one without it?! I don't need thw Gallery to be able to make sims...
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dear Diary:
    Day 18

No code yet. To distract myself I'll go see if my Legacy Challenge is still alive.

Dear Diary:
    Day 19

My Legacy Challenge family is still alive. Though slightly stinky and near starvation.

I can't stop but think how they'll look remade in the demo.

I left them and started playing Minecraft to distract myself even more.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:

Yeah, I get that! It's just... Couldn't they have a demo with the gallery and one without it?! I don't need the gallery to make sims...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You guys talk about a wave happening in an hour or so, correct? What are waves exactly? Periods of time where a bunch of people get it at the same time? I hope some of us are those people!
    Yeah that's what it is and I hope so too!!! I'm not sure there's one today but I'm hoping there is and if there is yes it would be in an hour or so
  • Options
    2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    edited July 2014
    2012Sim03 wrote:
    Hi everyone :D ! I still don't have a demo, but I hope this cheers some people up about it.

Sing to the tune of "Let it Go" by Idina Menzel because everyone knows this song.

Here's a link if you want to sing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyLO3rsCMA

Toddlers and swimming pools
    Are not in the Sims 4
    It caused quite an uproar,
    The simmers wanting more

But then the Sims Team gave invites to a CAS Demo
    Randomly picked, you already know

I’m so jealous, and I’m so stressed
    The Sims 4 Forums are making me obsessed!
    Everyone wants to try it out
    It’s all we talk about

Demoless! Demoless!
    Old screenshots are such a bore
    Demoless! Demoless!
    Want to know what I’m paying for

I wait and wait
    But it never comes
    Refreshing Origin…
    But NO, there is nothing there anyway :evil:

It’s harder than you think to
    Keep my mind on other things
    I’m always back on Youtube
    It’s a habit that really clings

The sims look good, love every trait
    But hair and clothes are in debate
    Because we lack a color wheel
    Do you know how I feel?

Demoless! Demoless!
    “Later this summer” is way too vague
    Demoless! Demoless!
    Not too many words rhyme with vague

I signed up
    To wait another two weeks!
    Hope live mode is good

Do you think tomorrow will finally be the day
    Please answer our request before our hopes fade away
    This is becoming a very difficult task
    I want to create some sims
    Is that too much to ask?

I’m demoless! Demoless!
    I’m singing because of this
    Demoless! Demoless!
    Will we ever be in bliss?

I’ll buy the game
    Eventually
    The game looks great
    Please don’t make us plead our case endlessly
    lol cool song I love it

Thanks, thesims3fan4! :D
    HD101900 wrote:
    Haha best song ever!!!! I loved the lyrics!!! Awesome!!! :lol::D

Thanks, HD101900! It was tricky to rhyme the words.
    dsef wrote:
    I think I may do this as a cover, and of course credit you for the lyrics (even though i'm **** at singing)

I would love if you could do this as a cover! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    SimGal11 wrote:

Yeah, I get that! It's just... Couldn't they have a demo with the gallery and one without it?! I don't need the gallery to make sims...
    Oops! Sorry for the double post... Something iswrong with these forrums where sometimes when you hit submit it doesn't show you where exactly your message is...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    SimGal11 wrote:
    SimGal11 wrote:

Oops! Sorry for the double post... Something iswrong with these forrums where sometimes when you hit submit it doesn't show you where exactly your message is...
    That happened to me a couple days ago something's clearly wrong with it lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The wave should be coming soon if there is one anyone get anything yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TIME FOR THE WAVE???? Or nah...
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing here..
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    TIME FOR THE WAVE???? Or nah...
    Lol :lol:
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I really hope that they release the demo today. Would be great if EVERYONE could get it. Sure, it's a slim chance, but it would be a wonderful surprise.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    I really hope that they release the demo today. Would be great if EVERYONE could get it.
    Yes! It would also go with gret timing with the video that they posted today! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Do you guys know if you have a better chance of getting a demo with origin logged on or out? Just trying to boost my chance lol!
  • Options
    Heather0325Heather0325 Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    No luck for me either. :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    Do you guys know if you have a better chance of getting a demo with origin logged on or out? Just trying to boost my chance lol!
    Hmm... I don't know I'd think it wouldn't but then again I really have no idea lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking it will start in 10 minutes I'm praying that there is a wave today [prays] :cry: