Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    SimGal11SimGal11 Posts: 106
    edited July 2014
    I have a question to anyone who might know the answer, all speculation. First of all, I understand the majority of people who get the demo get it during the "wave" period. However, I do notice there are several other people who get the demo when it seems no one else gets the invites. Are there certain times where waves don't occur but players still get occasional invites to the demo?

I'm sorry if that is hard to understand, it's pretty difficult to explain.
    They could be checking at times after the waves
  • Options
    Heather0325Heather0325 Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, that's also reasonable.

It sucks, I've noticed a lot of people that aren't even into the Sims 4 get the demo on their Origin accounts and that will just be a waste in their Origin games library. :(
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got nothing :cry:

Was a wave released today?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,573 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing for me as well today no demo
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    debsilva3debsilva3 Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2014

I have only one account and I received the demo last week (may have been before that cuz I haven't checked my Origin account in awhile. Sorry to say I can't play it :cry:. After downloading and installing it (was slow going as I have a slow internet speed), I tried playing it but I received a black screen and a notice that the game doesn't like my monitor.

I have been using a 40 inch TV for a monitor for several years. Haven't had a bit of a problem with any other games I play. I have tried changing the resolution and refresh rate and nothing. Guess I could set up my older 32 inch monitor but I am not really interest in the Sims 4 anyway.

Guess something is telling me to just stay with the Sims 3 :D .
    Please feel free to add me on Origin. My username is mtglady
    I am also mtglady on the awesome Carl's Sims 4 Guide

If you can't talk to your cats about catnip, who will?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone have good ways to pass the time so I don't have to constantly be checking my email and Origin accounts multiple times?

I tried playing my Sims 3 family that made pretty good progress but it's just so hard to get into the Sims 3, my mind and heart has moved on to the Sims 4 already. =sigh= :(

I've been watching livestreams of the demo nonstop, and when I'm not watching videos of the Sims 4, I'm writing down the millions of Sims I'm going to create whenever I get the demo, well, IF I get the demo. The Sims 4 needs to get out of my head D:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    EEK! I'm sooo excited!!! XD Just got the sims 2 Ultimate Collection!!
  • Options
    thesims3fan4thesims3fan4 Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks like we have to wait until Tuesday
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What's the Sims 2 ultimate collection all about
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sadly, no demo. Probably won't until Tuesday but I still check every day. Just can't help it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Is Tuesday the next scheduled wave?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What's the Sims 2 ultimate collection all about
    Because they are no longer supporting the sims 2 they are giving away the full game with all ep and sp's! FOR FREE
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm talking with an EA adviso now and they said they have no way to give anyone a code because it is machine generated... :(
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2014
    If they do a wave on Monday that is when I will end up getting it if I ever get it. Because I am going to be out all evening that day. If I get it it of course will be at the one time I cant play it. LOL. :) IF a wave goes out on Monday. Who knows anymore. The time is ticking though for our two weeks. Only a little over a week now for us to get this code if we are going to get it. :/
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    Still no demo here but I have made the decision that I will pre-order the game now after seeing the gameplay video. I've been on the fence till this but loved the look of the game and now can't wait to play it! I was going to buy a couple of missing stuff packs and bits of store content to "complete" my sims 3 collection but I realised that it would cost about the same as buying TS4.

I want the demo even more now!!
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    xNeptunex wrote:
    Still no demo here but I have made the decision that I will pre-order the game now after seeing the gameplay video. I've been on the fence till this but loved the look of the game and now can't wait to play it! I was going to buy a couple of missing stuff packs and bits of store content to "complete" my sims 3 collection but I realised that it would cost about the same as buying TS4.

I want the demo even more now!!
    I was going to pre order the sims 4 but the cost was really high so I decided to wait until we got the gameplay which was today and I liked what I saw but it's still really pricey and my baby is due soon so I'm trying to save some money for clothes, furniture ect. I'll probably end up buying it once it's released and I know more about the gane.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is basically how I feel every time I think of the CAS demo...

tumblr_mr0vf4Cthh1rc0hz5o1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is basically how I feel every time I think of the CAS demo...

tumblr_mr0vf4Cthh1rc0hz5o1_400.gif
    Haha :lol: same here :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014

My bad I meant to say Monday but yeah it could be Tuesday too
  • Options
    edited July 2014

My bad I meant to say Monday but yeah it could be Tuesday too
    I really hope it's Monday! Well and Tuesday!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm really getting sick of the sims 3 it seems like I get bored every 10 minutes on it and my sims children skip school no matter what. It's really getting on my nerves and now my sims relationship with her sons is not good cause she has to scold then every time they ditch school.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:
    I'm really getting sick of the sims 3 it seems like I get bored every 10 minutes on it and my sims children skip school no matter what. It's really getting on my nerves and now my sims relationship with her sons is not good cause she has to scold then every time they ditch school.
    Hmm, that sucks but I know how you feel! I made a family on the sims 3 that I ws really attached to. I played it so much I was on generation 3! Now everytime I try to load that specific save it crashes... I had to delete it and start all over :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:

Lol I feel you! I'm desperate to play Sims but ONLY the Sims 4 (mostly the demo), nothing else satisfies my Sims needs! And yeah, by the time my Sims 3 household loads, I'm like "I don't want to play this UGH".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SimGal11 wrote:
    HD101900 wrote:
    Hmm, that sucks but I know how you feel! I made a family on the sims 3 that I ws really attached to. I played it so much I was on generation 3! Now everytime I try to load that specific save it crashes... I had to delete it and start all over :(
    That stinks that's what happened when I was doing a legacy challenge I got all the way to generation 9 then before I could do 10 it started freezing up I exited out reloaded but the freezing wouldn't stop. At first it was okay just a half a second freeze then it was like half a minute freeze which was happening every 10 seconds so I decided to just delet the world and start over it stinks when things crash and freeze
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    HD101900 wrote:

Lol I feel you! I'm desperate to play Sims but ONLY the Sims 4 (mostly the demo), nothing else satisfies my Sims needs! And yeah, by the time my Sims 3 household loads, I'm like "I don't want to play this UGH".
    Ugh same it's so weird like I'm just so bored of it now lol