Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the people who want the demo going to buy the game?

Hello there =D

I have a question, are the people who want the demo actually going to buy the game? Or is it just to see what's the cas is like?

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have every single Sims game ever released from every single series including spin-offs. So yes. The reason I'm so frustrated with not having the demo is because I buy every sims game on release day, most at a midnight release, so waiting days, possibly weeks, is killing me.

tumblr_n8k4l8AjbR1qe8k43o1_500.jpg
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    Honestly not likely. At least not until it goes down to a price that I'm willing to pay for it as it is right now. I just really like making my sims and I do want to see what this fancy TS4 CAS is like.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes I bought the game. :mrgreen: I love TS4 so far.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    memorybulletsmemorybullets Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, the game actually gets released on my birthday here in the UK, so I'm really hoping that I'll get it then :mrgreen: That's kind of why I don't want the release date to get postponed or pushed back :P

But yes, if I don't receive it as a gift then I will definitely be buying it myself :)
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Honestly not likely. At least not until it goes down to a price that I'm willing to pay for it as it is right now. I just really like making my sims and I do want to see what this fancy TS4 CAS is like.

Same here. I'm also looking forward to the live mode gameplay footage that is supposed to be coming out if it comes out. I want EA to show me that I don't need toddlers, pools, an open world, CASt, cars, and everything else to enjoy TS4 before I buy.
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited July 2014
    It would be a mixed bag. Some people want more ammunition to hate on the game some people are generally interested.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me i have bought the sims4 premium edition fully paid at my local eb games store its in pre order but like i said fully paid all i will have to do is pickup my copy september 2
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello there =D

I have a question, are the people who want the demo actually going to buy the game? Or is it just to see what's the cas is like?

I want the demo and I have the game preordered at Gamestop so yes I'm buying it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just pre ordered today. Before I wasn't too sure and I did want to try out the demo to help me decide but I can't deny it.. Release day I will be bummed out if I don't have the game so I might as well purchase now while I have the cash. :oops:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I have every single Sims game ever released from every single series including spin-offs. So yes. The reason I'm so frustrated with not having the demo is because I buy every sims game on release day, most at a midnight release, so waiting days, possibly weeks, is killing me.

Please don't take offense to this but from a marketing stand point I would think it would be better for EA to send demos to people who aren't going to buy than to someone who has purchased everything Sim. Simply because they want to increase their player base. They know they have you and you will buy. It's the other people they need to convince. And new players that they need to come into the franchise. Really in business it's kind of silly to pass out free demos to people you know will buy no matter what. It's the one that never heard of you, (The Sims) you would want to get.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am waiting to see game play before I commit but I am leaning in the buy direction right now. I would like to check out CAS for myself too which would help me see more of the game. Basically I want to see or test out as much of the game as I can before making a final decision.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

Please don't take offense to this but from a marketing stand point I would think it would be better for EA to send demos to people who aren't going to buy than to someone who has purchased everything Sim. Simply because the want to increase their player base. They know they have you and you will buy. It's the other people they need to convince. And new players that they need to come into the franchise. Really in business it's kind of silly to pass out free demos to people you know will buy no matter what. It's the one that never heard of you, you would want to get.

I've said that about myself as well, but when have you ever heard of a company randomly giving beta codes to people who potentially have no desire to play the game at all? Every beta I've ever taken part of or heard of gave the beta codes to people who either signed up for them, or were obvious loyal fans of the product. If they want to introduce new players to the game, give them the demo without bugs after the loyal fans have already caught all the bugs and talked the game up so much.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    I bought the game before the demo :) I think it's nice that the demo gives you a small glimpse in what the game should look and feel like. Plus It's a great way to have sims already made so you can jump into game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's my opinion they should release it to everyone in 2 weeks when the gameplay video comes out. They can always fix the servers if they go down. Look how many times TS3's server has gone down on this site.

That said however even if we have to wait till August 12th it's still before the game comes out which is a good thing because we'll all eventually get our chance at this demo long before September 2nd.

Believe me it's killing me to wait.
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I preordered the game, but haven't got the demo yet.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

Please don't take offense to this but from a marketing stand point I would think it would be better for EA to send demos to people who aren't going to buy than to someone who has purchased everything Sim. Simply because the want to increase their player base. They know they have you and you will buy. It's the other people they need to convince. And new players that they need to come into the franchise. Really in business it's kind of silly to pass out free demos to people you know will buy no matter what. It's the one that never heard of you, you would want to get.

I've said that about myself as well, but when have you ever heard of a company randomly giving beta codes to people who potentially have no desire to play the game at all? Every beta I've ever taken part of or heard of gave the beta codes to people who either signed up for them, or were obvious loyal fans of the product. If they want to introduce new players to the game, give them the demo without bugs after the loyal fans have already caught all the bugs and talked the game up so much.

Actually to answer your question, I have beta tested some games I would never dream of buying. They weren't my genre. But I tried to do a fair job, but those games required the player to actually answer questions and report problems to the IT people. I agree I wouldn't exactly call this a beta test it's more like a PR move to get everyone to want a CAS demo they didn't even care about since they weren't buying anyway, and to get the TS4 forum off the back lash going on this past few weeks. And it seems to be working. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    i want to play the demo to see if i want the game. honestly, the cas element was one of the bigger pros in my pros and cons list. i love how we have make ethnicities and how we can pay attention to very minute details. i can truly make who i want now. :D

hopefully i get the demo soon.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    i want to play the demo to see if i want the game. honestly, the cas element was one of the bigger pros in my pros and cons list. i love how we have make ethnicities and how we can pay attention to very minute details. i can truly make who i want now. :D

Are you going to make your simself?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    I pre-ordered the game from Amazon a few weeks ago. And I have the demo.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello there =D

Yes, I'm going to buy the game. I have my copy pre-ordered through Game Stop. :)

Wilderwolf wrote:

Wow! That's an awesome collection! I wish mine looked like that. I have the original Sims games, and I have all the Sims 3 games except for the SPs and the Into The Future EP. I do not have any of the Sims 2 games (they were stolen by an ex-friend), but I do have The Sims 2 stories. :D
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:

Are you going to make your simself?
    Oh yes! Me and the guy im seeing! His face is so easy in ts2 and ts3, i cant wait to see how close i get in ts4. :D
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2014
    I want the demo and I pre-ordered about two weeks ago on origin.

A lot of people who've been screeching and stomping their feet about TS4 seem to want it as well, so, you never really know.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar
    - That's not true - this Demo test was planned before the backlash and before E3. When they decided to cancel the European Cas camp - they decided then to do it this way. I had heard there was going to be a CAS demo way back in May. So it had nothing to do with anything that has gone on Since E3.

That said I used a gift card and ordered my game back in June once I had the money for a gift card. So mine is all paid for. I do not care whether or not I get the Demo (no I didn't get it) - as my hubby has my gaming pc in pieces and is rebuilding it a component a week so it is ready for Sims 4. Two of my relatives - one in Massachusetts and one in Maine got it. The one in Maine had already pre-ordered also in June after the E3 - so she had already decided. My neice who was not planning to pre-order as she starts college the end of August - but now is wailing she has to have it and battling her parents about getting it for her. She may be going to college but she is just 16 and still subject to what mom and dad decide. They don't want her interested in a Game at the same time of starting College. They don't want her distracted.

So in her case - yes she wants it badly now since the CAS. My brother did appease her and said if she does well and settles in in College and he will order it for her in a month or two after it comes out.

She is not what you call a Sim addict but she does enjoy the game at least a few times a month.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hello there =D

I have demo but waiting on game play video to make my mind up. The demo was ok but i want to see how the game operates before i fork out $70.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited July 2014
    I own all the sims games 1-3, most of the store, was a cc creator for 2 & 3, and have preordered my copy of Sims 4 at Best Buy which is costing me $86. Unfortunately that's not good enough to get me the demo. :(