Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shorty-short short shorts! Oh no!

ยซ13
I've been trying to look at some of the sims people have made with the Sims 4 demo, and in all the pictures I've seen the shorts have gotten shorter than they were in Sims 3. I like to make full body females, and in the Sims 3 I felt the short skirt/shorts that ended at the sims fingertips were too immodest for my heavier girls, I have to admit to being a little dismayed at now seeing the shorts barely make it to the palms. I guess they need to make a shorts/skirt slider or pull to raise/lower the hems on the outfits, now. All the females in my game shouldn't have to be sexually harassing the male sims when they want to dress cool for the summer.

Comments

• Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hhmm are the clothes content in the demo complete? If you say they are too short, then hopefully not.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    ...Sexually harrassing?!

Please, just don't dress your sims in shorts. How about that?
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    I've been trying to look at some of the sims people have made with the Sims 4 demo, and in all the pictures I've seen the shorts have gotten shorter than they were in Sims 3. I like to make full body females, and in the Sims 3 I felt the short skirt/shorts that ended at the sims fingertips were too immodest for my heavier girls, I have to admit to being a little dismayed at now seeing the shorts barely make it to the palms. I guess they need to make a shorts/skirt slider or pull to raise/lower the hems on the outfits, now. All the females in my game shouldn't have to be sexually harassing the male sims when they want to dress cool for the summer.

Sexually harrassing? O.o As long as shorts aren't literal panties made of denim, I think the shorts look fine. It's how people wear them these days.
  • Options
    SundaymoonSundaymoon Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock:
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    There's that one shorts option for men that reminds me of shorts from the 1970's. Uber short. I hope they're not coming back into style. I also hope that we have more choices in the full version that comes out later.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2014
    The demo doesn't include all of the assets that are in in the full game. Besides, I've seen a couple of not-too-short-shorts in the demo.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have the demo myself, I've just been looking at what pictures other people have posted. In the Sims 3 most shorts and skirts ended at the same point on the thigh, leading me to be concerned that the super-short shorts and skirts I have seen in pictures from the demo demonstrate the set hem range for all the short outfits for women. I don't care for the cling to the legs style of the long skirts, but I don't want my only other option to be complete immodesty either.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    Who cares if shorts are short? What is this 1920? :roll:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:

Please tell me you're a troll that escaped from the bridge :evil:

This is what is wrong with the world, your sims and people for that matter should be able to walk ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ naked without it affecting others :roll:

Just give your stupid sims jeans* or go play some game about nuns but do not say wearing certain clothing is sexual harassment to the opposite gender :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:

Sexually harassing? Are you saying your male sims and the males of our general population are completely incapable of controlling themselves?
    Can we please not ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ-shame, I'm eating right now.
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:

I'm sorry, but do you know what sexual harassement means? How it's done? Please let this be a troll... :roll:
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wait it's immodest for your heavier girls? So it's okay for skinnier girls? It's only sexual harassment when it's a heavy girl in short shorts? Seems like fat shaming to me. It's not sexual harassment for a heavy girl to walk around in short shorts.

I don't even know what else to say to this.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

I agree. As long as there's lots of variety between lengths of skirts and shorts, who cares if some of them are short? :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Wait it's immodest for your heavier girls? So it's okay for skinnier girls? It's only sexual harassment when it's a heavy girl in short shorts? Seems like fat shaming to me. It's not sexual harassment for a heavy girl to walk around in short shorts.

Maybe say that this particular simmer's idea of ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ-shaming and fat-shaming is disgusting? Maybe that's just the feminist in me but to ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ. with it all
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

This XD

Long shorts are unflattering i always use short shorts and when i dont feel like showing off my legs i wear jeans

Jeez LADY

Sexual harrasment? Talk about over reacting
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:

I'm a heavier girl, myself, and yes, if I went out in public with the length shorts demonstrated in the game, you better believe there would be youtube videos and news blurbs about me being dressed inappropriately. Skinnier girls don't have anything to hang out the back of too-short shorts. Nor am I suggesting they should remove short shorts from the game. But the moto for the sims 4 is for me to play my sims my way. Well my way happens to be more modest than most 20-year-olds dress in today's world. I'm getting older, and most of those outfits would not be appropriate for me to wear, but I still wear shorts all summer, and I would like to be able to create sims that fit in with my values. People who have differing values are allowed to make their sims their way, I just want the option for myself.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    dreamerz13 wrote:

I'm a heavier girl, myself, and yes, if I went out in public with the length shorts demonstrated in the game, you better believe there would be youtube videos and news blurbs about me being dressed inappropriately. Skinnier girls don't have anything to hang out the back of too-short shorts. Nor am I suggesting they should remove short shorts from the game. But the moto for the sims 4 is for me to play my sims my way. Well my way happens to be more modest than most 20-year-olds dress in today's world. I'm getting older, and most of those outfits would not be appropriate for me to wear, but I still wear shorts all summer, and I would like to be able to create sims that fit in with my values. People who have differing values are allowed to make their sims their way, I just want the option for myself.

Just wear jeans then XD
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited July 2014
    Being a bit harsh on the OP here. I agree there should be some longer shorts, not only for fat girls though!
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    Being a bit harsh on the OP here. I agree there should be some longer shorts, not only for fat girls though!

there are longer shorts though, there's a pair of shorts that's just a bit above the knee.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you are a heavier person and your bummlies are hanging out then you just need a better fit of short shorts. Fat people ( and many sizes) can wear shorts short or whatever and look awesome rockin it.
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    There's that one shorts option for men that reminds me of shorts from the 1970's. Uber short. I hope they're not coming back into style. I also hope that we have more choices in the full version that comes out later.

The 1970's was the decade that running experienced a boom. With great legs, men started to flaunt them. Running is experiencing a comeback, and men are getting better legs, and are flaunting them again.

IMO, they look sexy.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited July 2014
    EuanSim wrote:

there are longer shorts though, there's a pair of shorts that's just a bit above the knee.

Ok. :) I don't have the demo so I don't know everything in the game.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    dreamerz13 wrote:

Well my opinion, you can where what you want, if you weight a ton or normal weight, where a short if you so wish :roll: Be naked if that makes you feel comfortable.

Values have absolutely NOTHING to do with clothing one wears :roll:
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    dreamerz13 wrote:

Oh please, I see heavier girls wearing that stuff all the time. Most people don't care. Some jerks might make remarks, but it's not news worthy or anything. It does not equate to sexual harassment though to have somebody heavier walk around in short shorts. Which is my point, it's completely disgusting to refer to it as sexual harassment, it's not. Nothing hangs out on the sims anyway. It just adjusts to the sims body, they don't suddenly have bum cheeks hanging out or anything. Maybe irl, but still many skinny girls wear short shorts with their bum cheeks hanging out, again it's not any different for a heavy girl to do it. If you don't like that style fine, but get your facts straight, honestly.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here's the self sim I did. And she's wearing long shorts. I was pretty much wearing the exact same outfit on Wednesday

2rpel43.jpg
    WznfzGr.gif