Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shorty-short short shorts! Oh no!

Comments

• Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think what the original poster is saying: more options for heavier set builds, sizes like you can get a in store.

The sexual harassment part made me giggle. A random Sim in the game is not going to go dam, when they see your plus-size Sim wearing the wrong clothes for her size and up load it to YouTube.

The Sims are computer generated, they don't emote (well human wise).
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:
    I've been trying to look at some of the sims people have made with the Sims 4 demo, and in all the pictures I've seen the shorts have gotten shorter than they were in Sims 3. I like to make full body females, and in the Sims 3 I felt the short skirt/shorts that ended at the sims fingertips were too immodest for my heavier girls, I have to admit to being a little dismayed at now seeing the shorts barely make it to the palms. I guess they need to make a shorts/skirt slider or pull to raise/lower the hems on the outfits, now. All the females in my game shouldn't have to be sexually harassing the male sims when they want to dress cool for the summer.

Please tell me you're a troll that escaped from the bridge :evil:

This is what is wrong with the world, your sims and people for that matter should be able to walk **** naked without it affecting others :roll:

Just give your stupid sims genes or go play some game about nuns but do not say wearing certain clothing is sexual harassment to the opposite gender :roll:

A little harsh but I agree with you
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:
    I've been trying to look at some of the sims people have made with the Sims 4 demo, and in all the pictures I've seen the shorts have gotten shorter than they were in Sims 3. I like to make full body females, and in the Sims 3 I felt the short skirt/shorts that ended at the sims fingertips were too immodest for my heavier girls, I have to admit to being a little dismayed at now seeing the shorts barely make it to the palms. I guess they need to make a shorts/skirt slider or pull to raise/lower the hems on the outfits, now. All the females in my game shouldn't have to be sexually harassing the male sims when they want to dress cool for the summer.

This is what is wrong with the world, your sims and people for that matter should be able to walk **** naked without it affecting others :roll:

Just give your stupid sims genes or go play some game about nuns but do not say wearing certain clothing is sexual harassment to the opposite gender :roll:

Agreed!
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Wait it's immodest for your heavier girls? So it's okay for skinnier girls? It's only sexual harassment when it's a heavy girl in short shorts? Seems like fat shaming to me. It's not sexual harassment for a heavy girl to walk around in short shorts.

I don't even know what else to say to this.

I'm a heavier girl, myself, and yes, if I went out in public with the length shorts demonstrated in the game, you better believe there would be youtube videos and news blurbs about me being dressed inappropriately. Skinnier girls don't have anything to hang out the back of too-short shorts. Nor am I suggesting they should remove short shorts from the game. But the moto for the sims 4 is for me to play my sims my way. Well my way happens to be more modest than most 20-year-olds dress in today's world. I'm getting older, and most of those outfits would not be appropriate for me to wear, but I still wear shorts all summer, and I would like to be able to create sims that fit in with my values. People who have differing values are allowed to make their sims their way, I just want the option for myself.

1) No there would not be youtube videos or news stories, nobody cares. At most you would get one tweet about it.

2)How does what 20 year olds wear today have to do with how you play or what you wear? And why is modesty such a big deal? They should wear what they are comfortable wearing without people making a big fuss over it. I do not support other people's need to comment on what they feel is scandalous because it is not their business.

3)My feminist values say that wearing short-shorts is not sexual harassment to men regardless of weight and women are not responsible for their control. The 🐸🐸🐸🐸-shaming is really old and I'm tired of the world carrying on with their double-standards.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    Here's the self sim I did. And she's wearing long shorts. I was pretty much wearing the exact same outfit on Wednesday

2rpel43.jpg

Well, I'm glad to see this picture. I was mostly just worried that the developers had picked a base length for their hemlines and that there wouldn't be any options between ankle-length and at-the-palm-length as most of the shorter styles in the sims 3 all end at the exact same point. I just want more options for differing tastes, not less.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dang you guys are harsh. There is nothing wrong with being modest. I don't like looking at skinny, chubby, or heavy people wearing those skimpy shorts or skirts in real life and I hate them in the game as well. I never use them and its like 95% of the non-pants content in TS3. This would be a concern of mine, too.

The OP just used a weird statement about it. Her opinion, however, is hers and just because you don't agree doesn't make it invalid.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It is invalid, wearimg short shorts isn't to sexually harrass guys XD plus guys happen to like that in real life they don't feel harrassed by girls showing off their legs lol
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    Dang you guys are harsh. There is nothing wrong with being modest. I don't like looking at skinny, chubby, or heavy people wearing those skimpy shorts or skirts in real life and I hate them in the game as well. I never use them and its like 95% of the non-pants content in TS3. This would be a concern of mine, too.

The OP just used a weird statement about it. Her opinion, however, is hers and just because you don't agree doesn't make it invalid.

I have nothing wrong with being modest. I actually prefer it myself.

I find it highly offensive to refer to a heavy person's (or skinny) immodesty as sexual harassment though. That is harsh, you say stuff like that you get harsh responses. That's more than just weird, it's offensive. Sexual harassment is a serious issue, and not something to be used loosely like that.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Short shorts are my favorite Stomper style on dudettes. I like the look of them especially when they are high up and tattered at the edges.

I don't think wearing them would be sexual harassment.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not every guy likes short shorts either. I know plenty that jokingly say their eyes are being m°lested. I thought that was common knowledge actually.

While I don't agree with the term used, it is still the opinion of the individual. Not right or wrong and totally allowed to have her own opinion, whether you agree or not. Just like you can say then wear jeans, she can say stop reading.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wrong to say is sexual harrassment XD
  • Options
    SilentGirl490SilentGirl490 Posts: 506 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wrong to say is sexual harrassment XD

Completely wrong, I agree. It is definitely not sexual harassment and it sort of disgusts me that someone would suggest that.
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Mstybl95 wrote:

I have nothing wrong with being modest. I actually prefer it myself.

I find it highly offensive to refer to a heavy person's (or skinny) immodesty as sexual harassment though. That is harsh, you say stuff like that you get harsh responses. That's more than just weird, it's offensive. Sexual harassment is a serious issue, and not something to be used loosely like that.

This so much. What I found offensive was the careless use of sexual harassement, and it's supposed connection to "immodesty". As if me or someone wearing shorts was a case of sexual harassement, or sexual harassement an expect result...
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:

Agreed!

Gosh! I was a little annoyed and wrote genes instead jeans :oops:

And 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is not a bad word, forums! :roll:
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you are a heavier person and your bummlies are hanging out...
    Sorry for the dumb question. English is not my native language and so I searched for the term "bummlies" on the internet but I couldn't find anything. Would you mind explaining it to me. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Sorry for the dumb question. English is not my native language and so I searched for the term "bummlies" on the internet but I couldn't find anything. Would you mind explaining it to me. :)

Hard to explai but i guess is like when you have a big butt XD and the chorts don't cover it part of them kind of gets exposed haha
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:

It's just a word I made up for butt. :p sorry about that
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:

It's just a word I made up for butt. :p sorry about that
    Thank you, that word sounds funny. :)
    @ClaudiaElzo: thank you too. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    edited July 2014
    That escalated quickly lol. I mean when I read it I knew it would bring backlash but holy cow.

Dear OP do not let what people think of you stop what you want to do. The truth, no one really cares what you wear. I know it is hard to wrap your mind around. I'm not saying that to be mean either. The reason it is hard to not think that way is because the majority also thinks that way. In other words the majority are too involved in their own little worlds to notice what you wear much less video it and try to humiliate you. At least aside from the few bullies you'll have to deal with throughout life who are really insecure babies themselves. If you tell yourself you will never wear shorts because you are too big and someone might judge you you are letting others rule your life. That's no fun.

Also I have seen plenty of skinny chicks look horrid in short shorts. It is all about buying the clothing fit that looks good on your body and makes you feel like a sexy beast.

All that said I don't like how short some short shorts are but that's simply because I tend to be more modest and am a bit old fashioned in what I wear personally. I don't care what others wear. It does mean I dress my sims in jeans 90% of the time though :P
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Aoralys wrote:

This is what is wrong with the world, your sims and people for that matter should be able to walk 🐸🐸🐸🐸 naked without it affecting others :roll:

Just give your stupid sims jeans* or go play some game about nuns but do not say wearing certain clothing is sexual harassment to the opposite gender :roll:

Thank you. Someone walking around naked, in RL, is not sexually harrassing the opposite gender. People, men included, need to have some self control. Granted i'm not for walking around in the nude but no matter what someone is wearing, that is their choice, not sexually harrassing anyone. You are implying that men have no self control and it's up to us women to make sure we don't trigger them or something because apparently men can't keep it in their pants. Really you are insulting men.

And i'm a woman.

Edit: There is nothing wrong with being modest it is how the OP put it that is a MAJOR problem.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Amaira wrote:
    The truth, no one really cares what you wear.
    Uhm not here on earth. All around the world there are (mostly) women who talk about other people's clothing style.

BTW shorts cannot be too short on the right body. :mrgreen:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:

Thank you. Someone walking around naked, in RL, is not sexually harrassing the opposite gender. People, men included, need to have some self control. Granted i'm not for walking around in the nude but no matter what someone is wearing, that is their choice, not sexually harrassing anyone. You are implying that men have no self control and it's up to us women to make sure we don't trigger them or something because apparently men can't keep it in their pants. Really you are insulting men.

And i'm a woman.

Edit: There is nothing wrong with being modest it is how the OP put it that is a MAJOR problem.

This! So much this!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Who cares if shorts are short? What is this 1920? :roll:

Actually, the 1920's were an incredbly sexy and sultry decade in fashion.

Roaring-Twenties-Men-Fashion-1122.jpg

grey_silver_flapper.jpg

00837_full_1.jpg
  • Options
    KatzMeowzKatzMeowz Posts: 894 Member
    edited July 2014
    Aoralys wrote:
    All the females in my game shouldn't have to be sexually harassing the male sims when they want to dress cool for the summer.

This statement is just so many kinds of wrong that I can't even begin to wrap my heard around the fact someone thinks this way.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    edited July 2014
    i do not went to be a racist or bad but the fashion from the 1970 is making a comeback just look at eye glasses so i think that they put the 1970 fashion in the sims4 but if you went better outfits there always custom content that you can download

vooeaa.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(