The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: The Sims 4 CAS Demo - CLOSED - PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD!

Comments

• Options
    WilliiaaassWilliiaaass Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2014
    the demo is only out for certain people at the moment, they will do a full release in the summer :)
  • Options
    Lizzie_1992Lizzie_1992 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    The Demo is amazing, it's so easy to manipulate the features of the face and body. The different types of walks are awesome, the sluggish and goofy walks are so funny :D! The detail and graphics are amazing. I just wish I could have personalised the hair colours a bit more, adding highlights and root colours etc. More choices for colours and patterns of the clothes and accessories would be great too. It was really enjoyable, I made some of my friends as sims, it's so cool making them have unique body sizes and faces! I can't wait for the full game to come out, it's going to be absolutely epic!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShalaJariasShalaJarias Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    (I barely post here but...)

Besides "Summer" is there an eta on when the CAS demo will be released to the public? I can't wait and would love to play around in it :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    double post sorry :shock:
  • Options
    SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2014
    (I barely post here but...)

Besides "Summer" is there an eta on when the CAS demo will be released to the public? I can't wait and would love to play around in it :)
    The ReadMe file in the demo says August 12.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :( a whole other month wait.. :(

Thanks for the answer though :)
  • Options
    ColdHearted21ColdHearted21 Posts: 251 Member
    edited July 2014
    Waiting..........waiting.........waiting.........We got a hole a lot to wait for 15 min gameplay video, waiting for the demo and waiting for any new info about the game....oh more waiting I'M GOING TO THE THE WAITING GAME MASTER when all this is over :mrgreen: I'm enjoying see everyone creations I want this demo so bad I keep logging in and out on my origin account like a crazy person just hoping the guru's or who ever release it soon for everyone, that hole later this summer thing kinda irks me a lil :roll: but what can you do Well I guess I'll go back to waiting and playing the sims 3 :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

UrMeatisNeat

• Options
    GabysimsGabysims Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ah! CAS is gorgeous!

Let the fedback ... The new tool is amazing, "harder" than it seems in the trailers but I think this is more a matter of custome same, and since it gives to edit all Corpe it is very cool! Is super intuitive and the division of the issue of the face to the body super help!

The Gallery is a beauty too, did not notice anything wrong, by contrast is very good and fast ... just do not quite understand what good the "View this item" being that the item has already been to the gallery. One thing I noticed is that the library is not saved in the cloud and what could be possible because I wanted to save a family only in the library and then get retrieve it on another computer and it has not been possible.

I'm excited to see the full CAS! *.*

Congratulations for the work Sims Team! =D
  • Options
    specialndeedspecialndeed Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2014
    OK, after checking out the demo, I have 3 areas of comments:

1. The color pallets: if we are given a color pallet, why "fix" something that is not broken? the Sims 4 color pallet should be consistant with every item OR eliminate them ALL and just provide us with one. The color pallet with Sims 3 is great and just get rid of the wheel if you have to. The current pallet is too small and everyone don't have the same quality of vision. I found it to be missing the color WHITE also (looks gray...).

2. The earrings: the earrings should be in the category of accessories. Problem with that is if you like the head like it is, hair and all, you will never know that's where the earrings are. I found it by mistake.

3. The sharing mode: There need to be an option to exit sharing. Right now, if you click on "share" and you change your mind, you don't have the option to escape/change your mind.

My final thought: great charector/personality development and the walks are awesome. Considering I am more of a designer playing Sims, I find the color pallets the only throw back/dissappointment so fare with Sims 4.
  • Options
    nakeilillynakeililly Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2014
    First, let me say thank you for the opportunity to test the demo. I've been a fan since the original Sims and I'm very grateful for the opportunity.

I'm loving this demo so far. I've created some very unique looking Sims and I'm looking forward to the game release. I do have a few questions though. Will there be more than 4 traits available in the full version? Will we be able to customize the color schemes of the hair and make up? Will we be able to create custom art work for tattoos?
  • Options
    MannysMommyMannysMommy Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited July 2014
    I now had the chance to play around making my husband's simself and we both agree that the clothing is pretty tight! Will we have loosed variations? I hope so. Not too loose but a little wiggle room :). I also hope there will be more hairstyles when the final game is released for both genders!
  • Options
    dachshundsr4medachshundsr4me Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would like to say that i love the feel of the CAS demo...creating the sim and all...i wish that we still had a color wheel where we can make our own hair colors and also a way we can import our patterns again so we can have a tad more versatility to the clothes as far as colors and patterns go. That would be the only suggestions.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry it double posted...
  • Options
    TractzTractz Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2014
    The demo is nice just wish I had some more options with eye color
  • Options
    EostarEostar Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I found that it is a bit difficult to get use to at first, but once you futz around with it for an hour you get the hang of it pretty quickly. I hope that we can get an opportunity to try more demos before game release.

Thanks for the opportunity, it was fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ok one suggestion more...i found on the gallery that folks are uploading more then one time their families...which i am all for loving the sims you made but we need to limit the upload to one time somehow...that does need some fixing to be sure we are not looking at 20 of the same sim.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    Please open up the Accessories options for more clothing categories. Eyeglasses in particular. It doesn't make sense for my Sim to wear glasses everyday yet he can't wear them for Formal, Athletic, or Party attire. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Thank you!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    FaeTrinityFaeTrinity Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I don't have on even though I am using Origin. I've been watching the YouTuber video's of some people who did get the demo. From what I have seen I'd suggest a color slider so people can pick more realistic skin tones and even some far out ones instead of just green and blue. I also noticed that all sims teen to adult are all the same height. I know you probably cant complement it now but maybe you should add a height slider in an expansion pack along with toddlers kinda like generations. That and adding highlights to all hair styles were the player can pick the colors would be grate because they look just ok and have very little freedom of creativity with the hair. Only one more thing I'd suggest and that's a create a style section so people can add textures or at least change colors of there outfit peaces. These things would go a long way to improve the create a sims and everyone I've talked to who have plaid the sims original all the way to sims 3 say they loved these features in past games and would love if it if they made a comeback in the sims 4 especially with the sims 4 new style.

I hope by some chance this is helpful and that I will see at least some of the Simmers suggestions in the create a sims and the game when it comes out. I'll probably change suggestions when more people get there hands on the demo including myself.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can you please enable Andre's eyeglasses for females? Girls look really cute with glasses like that. I wear glasses like that in real life, and I'm female. Thanks.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi there! I asked SimGuruGraham this question on twitter but i'm not sure he'll see or answer. I imagine he'll have a lot of people asking him lots of things.

I have another question too that is not related to the demo. I'll ask it anyway

But here's the first one regarding the demo.

Will we be able to create all the life stages in the full finished version of the demo when it is available for everyone?

Someone else asked this question and i passed it on to Graham on twitter. But if you know the answer that would be great!

Can we send two different sims from two different households to a community lot so they can meet each other?

So like, i have two households (cos you can do that in TS4 right?) and i have a guy in one and a girl in another. I want them to meet up and date. Can i go to a girls house, tell her to go to say like a park and then switch to the guys household and tell him to go to the same park so they can meet?

Thank you!
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think that the CAS would be better if you implemented tabs that you can click on that direct you the part where to edit your Sims body or head.

At first, I was left in the dark wondering how do I edit my Sims clothes or hair until I started randomly clicking on my Sim.
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    BEWITCHING1BEWITCHING1 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2014

Is it possible to have the arm grab go right for bigger and left for smaller? I always seem to rotate to the right for the side of the sim and them it's counterintuitive to slide left to make the arm bigger. I have to go back and forth for a sec for my brain to catch up with what's actually happening since everything else in life is - to the left and + to the right. :-o

I just thought of this (sleeping, lol) and haven't tested on the other arm to see if it's the same on both arms or if just one side. Or if it makes a difference which side of the arm you are grabbing. (I think I always the outside right..... but maybe i'm just grabbing the outside of the arm and dragging OUT and it's not working. hmmmmm) More testing needed.
  • Options
    Harshini2Harshini2 Posts: 32 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm quite pleased to have the opportunity to discover the new CAS. I found it both easy to navigate and lots of fun.

I love the different body types and how much a person can tweek them. I also like the variety of walks available, making the individual sims even more unique.

I admit I wasn't too fond of the cartoony look of the sims when the first pictures came out, but they've grown on me and I quite like them now. The graphics are rich with detail and the sims movements are a bit more fluid than sims 3.

I'm assuming that the demo has a sample of what's in the full game so I look forward to a wider range of clothes, accessories, hair, traits, etc.

:)

Sim4sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrileySchoreckBrileySchoreck Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I love being able to personalize the Sims more in this version, especially the walk. I didn't see an option for setting favorites, which would make it a little better. But other than that , I am excited for September when this is released.
  • Options
    KAREN197911KAREN197911 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm loving the demo can't wait for the full game
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top