Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: The Sims 4 CAS Demo - CLOSED - PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD!

Locking this one as it's getting really long!
Go here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/763703.page#12255836

Hey Create A Sim players!

We hope you're having tons of fun creating Sims in the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo.

We want to know what YOU think! This thread is the place to share your feedback, and let us know if you spot any bugs or issues.

Make sure your machine meets the requirements:
The following system requirements only apply to The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. The system requirements for The Sims 4 base game will be released at a later date.

MINIMUM: OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 (64 bit versions are preferred)
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
Dual Core and SSE 2 required
For computers using built-in graphics chipsets the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent
RAM: At least 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 1.2 GB of free space with at least 0.5 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse

If you're experiencing any issues, PLEASE provide as many details as possible. It would be very helpful to include your DXDiag and Config.log. To get these, follow the below steps:

For Dxdiag
1.Click on the Windows "Start" button and either choose "Run" or click into the "Start Search" field depending on which shows up on your menu.
2.In there type "dxdiag" (no quotes) and press the enter key.

For Config.log
This file is created upon the first time starting the game. It’s located in the My Documents Directory under Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

For example: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

If you're getting the "out of range" error with your monitor, try this:

Right click on The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo icon in "My Games"
Go to "Game Properties" (make sure the CAS Demo is not running)
Type: -w in the "command Line Arguments" then Apply

Comments

• Options
    k8tk8sk8tk8s Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Will this demo be available to Mac users?
  • Options
    ZKextremeZKextreme Posts: 348 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Why is this thread out now when the demo isn't eve out yet?
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Why does EA hate Mac users? They get little to no information about this game, and whether it'll run on their system. It's ridiculous.

Also, EA, by doing this, you are essentially making yourselves lose money, because Mac users play The Sims, too.
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2014
    THE DEMO IS OUT?! WHAT?!
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    k8tk8s wrote:

From the FAQ:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761012.page

The PC version is currently being focused on. There is no additional info on Mac at this time.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where can we get the demo?
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where is the demo?
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    why do I feel like we aren't going to get the chance to play the demo? lol *your killing me smalls* :lol:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    TeenBansheeTeenBanshee Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2014
    SimGuruHydra are we able to save our Sims in the CAS demo?
  • Options
    k8tk8sk8tk8s Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2014
    k8tk8s wrote:

From the FAQ:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761012.page

The PC version is currently being focused on. There is no additional info on Mac at this time.

Do you realize how many customers you're cutting off by not giving ANY information WHATSOEVER about Mac? Please at least tell us if you at least have plans for Mac in the future or not. This no comment thing is getting old. :?
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where is the demo? I need it and I need it now!
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ??? There is no demo out yet tho...
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2014
    So the Demo is out right now at this precise moment in time or is that a misunderstanding? I don't understand :shock: :?:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Moo. I think they're getting ready for when the demo does come out.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    So the Demo is out right now at this precise moment in time or is that a misunderstanding? I don't understand :shock: :?:

It's out, but only for "select simmers."
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    moo11x wrote:

I think the demo's only out for the selected fans that EA picked themselves to play.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yes, apparently it's out for a few select invitees. Not being one of the bootlickers, I suspect it's for the cheerleaders and fangirls and fanboys first. I don't care personally, just letting others know that yes, some must have the demo now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Moo. I think they're getting ready for when the demo does come out.

Oh ok lol~ I wasn't expecting it anytime soon as I thought it was being tested atm... But then I saw this and became confused :-o Thank you~
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No problem Moo. I can't wait to see what everyone has created once it does come out though. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    Yes, apparently it's out for a few select invitees. Not being one of the bootlickers, I suspect it's for the cheerleaders and fangirls and fanboys first. I don't care personally, just letting others know that yes, some must have the demo now.

Probably for the fan sites... I did demo simscity, so I would love to do this as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you everyone~ :thumbup: hehehe
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote:

I'm guessing it's for the yib sims like Lifesimmer, Curtis Paridis, and Sims Vip.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is there any way that will help us increase our chance of being selected to test the Demo? Like post a Grilled Cheese or something :?:

Here's a feedback from what I read from the FAQ Page:

I hope you consider creating a "The Exchange" page where we can share share our creations with fellow Simmers. Because I'm not really interested at using Facebook for my gaming activities like sharing contents etc.
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Most likely it's out to a few select people, it doesn't mean famous people got it.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    When will the general public of simmers have acess to the sims4 create a sims demo avalable for download and around witch date?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top