Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a running list I just want to see if

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Yeah there are people who didn't like toddlers. ((I like toddlers but I HATE SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD, loading screens > big maps for me))

How dare someone not like what you like! Ludicrous right? :mrgreen:

You know what is ludicrous? You hate TS3. Which took five years to make and it was its own thing. Now, basically, the same team is making TS4. And they were given 18 - 24 months to make it, from the remains of a failed online game. They themselves admit they are not having enough time to put in what they had planned. Rodiek himself admits the game isn't even finished when it should be finishing Beta.

None of TS3 improvements are there and half of TS2 improvements are missing.

And you expect it to be any BETTER than TS3?

Now that's ludicrous.

I love the sims 3 and my game plays great, I do not use mods or CC.

Me too. Don't get me wrong. I love TS3. But those who bash it have to be out of it if they think remains of a failed online game, with no time for Beta testing, put together in under two years will be any better than TS3, which was properly developed over 5 years and had major new features everywhere.

Well what I have seen about the sims 4 I like, I guess with the way that I play, these things that are missing don't seem to effect my game play at all.
    Well you see as far as beta testing, years worked on it development, if it is anything like the sims 3, I will like it. I am not a guru, a programmer, the only thing I ever programed was a little game called "what's your number" Every time someone came over they wanted to play it, that was a long time ago. The one thing that I always wanted to do was make my own computer, never got around to it and now I am to old, I think to do so. So I will settle to play my sims.
    Do you make your own computer, I know that a lot do.
    Well anyway, I will give EA a chance to prove that the Sims 4 will be great, I will also hope for a live play demo to see. I would love to see this game in live action as well as everyone else.
  • Options
    simlucysimlucy Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love an open world, I create every family/sim in my worlds. I do not like NPC characters. They always have to worst combination of traits.

I love story progression, without it the girl I created to marry the boy I created would still be a little girl when the boy was a YA and ready to date and marry.

I like the visual of pools and I will sorely miss being able to swim in the ocean or lake.

I loved that I could change the look of almost everything in my world with patterns and colors and make it my own personal style. The color combinations that EA uses with their clothing is horrible. I would never wear that and don't really want my sims to.

I really like that we have toddlers, I usually made baby and toddler lifespan shorter, but it is so much better than "poof" your baby is now a child.

I play my game with my sister, she comes over and we would build houses from blueprints found online. We seem to be losing building functionality in Sims4. I realize some people don't like to build and that is okay, but that was fixable by being able to download homes by people who could build. And than later by blueprint. My granddaughter loved blueprint.

I feel like those of us who loved the more complicated areas of the Sims are losing out to those who want everything simple. It would have made more sense to me to make the complicated available and allow the ones who want simple to turn off the features they don't want. Instead they get everything and we get nothing.

One person said she did not play any of the RHs and that her sims did not go to school or work. That is ok for her, and was a simple fix for her. She just deleted them. What do those of us who want that do. Is there a magic button to push opposite of the delete key to give them to us.

Do you get what I am saying, it is easy to delete what you don't want that is already in a game, but you can't add what you don't have. So just because you are okay with what is left out, doesn't make it okay for the game not to have it available for those that do want it. They are charging too much for a stripped down game. I will have to wait and see what people post after the game is released to know if I will buy it or not. Right now I doubt it. And that makes me very sad. :cry:
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    simlucy wrote:
    I love an open world, I create every family/sim in my worlds. I do not like NPC characters. They always have to worst combination of traits.

I love story progression, without it the girl I created to marry the boy I created would still be a little girl when the boy was a YA and ready to date and marry.

I like the visual of pools and I will sorely miss being able to swim in the ocean or lake.

I loved that I could change the look of almost everything in my world with patterns and colors and make it my own personal style. The color combinations that EA uses with their clothing is horrible. I would never wear that and don't really want my sims to.

I really like that we have toddlers, I usually made baby and toddler lifespan shorter, but it is so much better than "poof" your baby is now a child.

I play my game with my sister, she comes over and we would build houses from blueprints found online. We seem to be losing building functionality in Sims4. I realize some people don't like to build and that is okay, but that was fixable by being able to download homes by people who could build. And than later by blueprint. My granddaughter loved blueprint.

I feel like those of us who loved the more complicated areas of the Sims are losing out to those who want everything simple. It would have made more sense to me to make the complicated available and allow the ones who want simple to turn off the features they don't want. Instead they get everything and we get nothing.

One person said she did not play any of the RHs and that her sims did not go to school or work. That is ok for her, and was a simple fix for her. She just deleted them. What do those of us who want that do. Is there a magic button to push opposite of the delete key to give them to us.

Do you get what I am saying, it is easy to delete what you don't want that is already in a game, but you can't add what you don't have. So just because you are okay with what is left out, doesn't make it okay for the game not to have it available for those that do want it. They are charging too much for a stripped down game. I will have to wait and see what people post after the game is released to know if I will buy it or not. Right now I doubt it. And that makes me very sad. :cry:

Where's the button to delete Seamless Open World in TS3? I want that. Where's the button to make the graphics less ugly without having to CC every inch of my game? I want that.

It's not so easy either way around and I don't want to have to rig or mod up my game just to play how I want.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It's so nice to know so many people don't care about the feelings of others! Just because you're happy with The Sims 4 and it does what you care about all the rest of us should just shut up and go away?

I feel insulted by your attitudes on here and shocked at how little compassion you all have and how selfish you all are!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    It's so nice to know so many people don't care about the feelings of others! Just because you're happy with The Sims 4 and it does what you care about all the rest of us should just shut up and go away?

I feel insulted by your attitudes on here and shocked at how little compassion you all have and how selfish you all are!

I care about what other people want and never said I didn't, my intentions was not to say it was ok, not having these things.
    My intention was not to insult you or anyone else, I filled this out to see if those things would effect my game play. I am not sure why you would be shocked that I wanted to discover how the sims 4 would effect my game play, after all that is what you do when a new game or software of any kind comes out, you check to see if you can play it on your computer and if you would like it. You do not buy it because someone else likes it, or don't buy it because someone else does not like it.
    I am buying it because it will be fine with my game play.
    Am I happy that there are no toddlers, no, I just don't like playing with them. Am I happy that there is no pool in the base game, no, I just feel that I can wait for a pool. Am I happy that it is not a open world, no, I like the open world in Sims 3, I just feel like it might not be so bad. I am not happy about anything that they removed. I never said I was happy that others do like what that did not put in the game. I like all the other things about Sims 4, I like small towns, I like that I can change the town to any theme I want, I like the Sims r and I do not think that is selfish, Selfish would be if people thought I should not like or buy the Sims 4, because they don't like how it is.
    I want everyone to have the things they want and hope that they will put these things in. Sorry if this offends you. I have never told anyone to shut up and go away. You and everyone have the right to say and feel the way you want.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited July 2014
    NO OPEN WORLD - I thought this would be a deal breaker for me but we have large public places.

No Story Progression- I didn't care for story progression in TS3 although I always had it turned on. It really didn't do anything in my game because I still had to make NPCs get married, get jobs, and have children. Story progression did not move in enough young families for my Sims and there wasn't a balance in the worlds between the young and the old. I am happier with how the new system is described.

No terrain tools - I used them a lot. I thought this would be a deal breaker for me but I like the new build mode and the options that it offers.

No hot tubs - This came in an EP so I have no problem with this not being in the base game.

No grocery stores - I never used them. I won't miss them either. Plus, I would rather have my Sims garden for food.

No toddlers - Almost a deal breaker but I would rather have toddlers that have more options and don't feel rushed like the toddlers in The Sims 3 did. I really don't play with toddlers a lot anyways.

No create a style - This is my favorite part of The Sims 3 but I figure I could always go back to The Sims 3 for this option. I won't be deleting The Sims 3 from my computer and will be playing both games at the same time.

No color wheel - See response for create a style.

No laundry - This came in an EP. Not worried about having this feature in the base game. I really did not care for this feature anyways and I hardly used it.

No garages - I don't see the point in having cars based on how the world is setup. This doesn't bother me.

No gardeners for hire - I want my Sims to garden themselves.

No basements - This feature wasn't in The Sims 3 base game so not having this be in The Sims 4 base game isn't a deal breaker.

No visible jobs/schools - I loved the way rabbitholes looked in The Sims 3 but not having visible rabbitholes is not a dealbreaker because they wouldn't make sense in how the worlds are setup.

No modifications to public places/parks - We couldn't modify the landscape of The Sims 3 worlds when the base game came out. Not really a big deal.

No favorites (food, color, music) - These have been useless in all Sims games. Not really a big deal that they are missing.

No swimming / swimwear - This was almost a dealbreaker for me but there are other activities in the game to keep my Sims occupied besides swimming. Plus swimming lost its charm with The Sims 3.

No rabbit holes at all - There are still rabbitholes, they just aren't visible.

No private schools - Never really used them unless my Sims lived in a small house with too many kids and I needed more room.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - Almost a deal breaker but I realized I either build lots with a foundations or without. Very few homes had buildings that used both options.

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - I really don't care. I will just have to cut back on yard space. Extra lot sizes were added to The Sims 3 later.

Fewer floors/levels - I build few homes and buildings over three stories. It will annoy me some but not that much.

Incompatible simpoint currency - This is a positive, not a negative. I prefer to pay cash for DLC rather than having it changed to another currency. That way I don't wind up with the old 7 points I can't spend on anything. Also, this allows EA to have the DLC available in retail stores rather just online.

32-bit executable - This was my deal breaker until I installed a 32-bit executable game on my computer two weeks ago. I said if I am still buying games in 32-bit and I still play older games, why should this matter.

Loading screens for individual lots - This was a deal breaker until I realized that I still play other games with loading screens. I have no problem with the new system.

Much smaller "worlds" - worlds can be linked together so I don't really care. It may be annoying starting off but as they release new worlds, the problem will alleviate itself.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - I like this feature better. It seems more realistic and I was annoyed teens were always shorter than adults. I have no problem with my Sims looking identical as they age, it seems more realistic.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I've also never said to shut up and go away but as someone who was personally victimized for liking what I like despite it not being popular I'm not going to feel guilty for liking something no matter how many people say *I* am ruining it//a sheep//will continue to let EA put out "bad" games. That's a tactic to guilt trip me into supporting something I don't personally like. It's never going to happen. Because liking what I like is not ruining it. For anybody.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    NO OPEN WORLD - Disappointed

No Story Progression - Disappointed

No terrain tools - Don't Care

No hot tubs - Disappointed.

No grocery stores - Don't Care

No toddlers - Disappointed

No Create a Style - Disappointed

No color wheel - Disappointed

No laundry - Don't Care

No garages - Slightly Disappointed

No gardeners for hire - Don't Care

No basements - Slightly Disappointed

No visible jobs/schools - Don't care

No modifications to public places/parks - Disappointed

No favorites (food, color, music) - Don't care

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - Disappointed

No rabbit holes at all - Don't Care

No private schools - Slightly Disappointed

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - Don't Care

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Disappointed

Fewer floors/levels - Disappointed

Incompatible simpoint currency - Don't Care

32-bit executable - Don't Care

Loading screens for individual lots - Disappointed

Much smaller "worlds" - Disappointed

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Disappointed

I'm sticking with my preorder for now.
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Nah. Nobody is wrong or in denial. It really all depends on personal taste and opinion. We ((the ones who are really excited for TS4)) seem to have a general like mind about playstyle. More often we are TS2 > TS3 it seems too.

I wonder if that's true or a coincidence. I'm TS2>TS3 too but that doesn't mean I'm willing to excuse EA for a rushed game, or the fact they're removing things that are important to a lot of *other* people, even if those things don't personally concern me.
    I'm Sims 2 as well. Strange that. I would have thought we was older (Sims 2 is nearly 10 years old) More used discerning and wanting value for money (less likely to be drawn by the New Big Shiny thing, CAS, Open World, CAST) More sensitive to other simmers who have lost their favourite features (Sims 3 destroyed a lot of what I loved most about the game). I so wanted to love Sims 4, but so much seems so wrong, and I felt this way before, when they originally brought out Sims 3.

I'm watching people defending the undefendable. Saying they don't mind what's missing. Pledging to spend more of their money on expansions just to get the basics. Making statements about the future game, like sure they'll bring back, shopping, toddlers, hot tubs, diving boards, piano's..... I've been here before.

And how it ended... they brought out Sims 4, and lots of people called sims 3 boring and couldn't wait to run away.

Them people pining their hopes on expansions or patches, are witches who can see into the future. Nothing is ever guaranteed with EA, not even your expansions, this game could be cancelled if people who don't play your way refuse to buy it due to it's lack of features.

Also the thing about, you aint played it, well nobody has. I find this worrying, another sign that's something is badly wrong, because at this stage Sims 2 & 3 had tons of video's and live gameplay.

I'm still waiting for an answer about, what are you buying, what features are exciting you. Right now I only know it has CAS, Emotions, breastfeeding and a ton of basic things missing. And even the features that have already been confirmed (toddlers, woohoo skill) have been removed at this stage, because as we know, "Things change". Right now, you cannot be sure about anything in this game, and that's why most people who are value sensitive really can't say they are buying. :cry:
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Miamine wrote:
    delonariel wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Nah. Nobody is wrong or in denial. It really all depends on personal taste and opinion. We ((the ones who are really excited for TS4)) seem to have a general like mind about playstyle. More often we are TS2 > TS3 it seems too.

I wonder if that's true or a coincidence. I'm TS2>TS3 too but that doesn't mean I'm willing to excuse EA for a rushed game, or the fact they're removing things that are important to a lot of *other* people, even if those things don't personally concern me.
    I'm Sims 2 as well. Strange that. I would have thought we was older (Sims 2 is nearly 10 years old) More used discerning and wanting value for money (less likely to be drawn by the New Big Shiny thing, CAS, Open World, CAST) More sensitive to other simmers who have lost their favourite features (Sims 3 destroyed a lot of what I loved most about the game). I so wanted to love Sims 4, but so much seems so wrong, and I felt this way before, when they originally brought out Sims 3.

I'm watching people defending the undefendable. Saying they don't mind what's missing. Pledging to spend more of their money on expansions just to get the basics. Making statements about the future game, like sure they'll bring back, shopping, toddlers, hot tubs, diving boards, piano's..... I've been here before.

And how it ended... they brought out Sims 4, and lots of people called sims 3 boring and couldn't wait to run away.

Them people pining their hopes on expansions or patches, are witches who can see into the future. Nothing is ever guaranteed with EA, not even your expansions, this game could be cancelled if people who don't play your way refuse to buy it due to it's lack of features.

Also the thing about, you aint played it, well nobody has. I find this worrying, another sign that's something is badly wrong, because at this stage Sims 2 & 3 had tons of video's and live gameplay.

I'm still waiting for an answer about, what are you buying, what features are exciting you. Right now I only know it has CAS, Emotions, breastfeeding and a ton of basic things missing. And even the features that have already been confirmed (toddlers, woohoo skill) have been removed at this stage, because as we know, "Things change". Right now, you cannot be sure about anything in this game, and that's why most people who are value sensitive really can't say they are buying. :cry:

The way I see it that everyone has looked at the Sims 4 and everyone has made their decision on how they feel about the game and guess what no one is right or wrong. It is what they want that counts, so if someone has decided that they don't like the way sims 4 is then that is good and if someone has decided that they like what they have seen in the Sims 4 then that is good.
    That is why we are free to make our own choices.
    It is not up to me to make anyone like or dislike the Sims 4, that is their very own decision. If someone buys the Sims 4, and finds out they don't like it, then that was their choice, likewise if someone does not like it now and decides later that is their choice, and if someone never buys it then that is their choice. I have no right to try and make anyone like something they don't like. And I have no intention of doing that. You just do what you feel right.
    We are all simmers here and we all truly love the Sims, I know that it is our desire to have the best time with the Sims and it is up to each and every simmer to decide that for themselves.
    Have a happy simming day
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I started with TS3. Then got a chance to play TS2 and liked that even better. I've only been Simming for a little over a year now. I like what I've seen in TS4 and it makes me happy and excited for it to come out. I'm not insensitive and I see it the other way around with the complainers over TS4 trying to shove down my throat this guilt that I'm condoning a "half baked" "stripped down" game being insensitive to me just because I don't see it that way and "you should want what i want then you can just find mods and-" NO. I don't mind they do not like it ((This is their choice and they're not wrong for not liking a thing)) but I do mind when they come attacking me and trying to guilt me into wanting what they want to have when no I'm fine with it. I'm sorry they don't get what they like in it but I like it this way and I'm not going to feel wrong in liking what I like.

I did at first but I realized I have a right to feel excited and that this negativity is just their opinion even if they try to disguise it as facts. It's not fact that this is a bad game. It is a different game and I so happen to like this different. And I refuse to feel bad for doing so.

luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    I started with TS3. Then got a chance to play TS2 and liked that even better. I've only been Simming for a little over a year now. I like what I've seen in TS4 and it makes me happy and excited for it to come out. I'm not insensitive and I see it the other way around with the complainers over TS4 trying to shove down my throat this guilt that I'm condoning a "half baked" "stripped down" game being insensitive to me just because I don't see it that way and "you should want what i want then you can just find mods and-" NO. I don't mind they do not like it ((This is their choice and they're not wrong for not liking a thing)) but I do mind when they come attacking me and trying to guilt me into wanting what they want to have when no I'm fine with it. I'm sorry they don't get what they like in it but I like it this way and I'm not going to feel wrong in liking what I like.

I did at first but I realized I have a right to feel excited and that this negativity is just their opinion even if they try to disguise it as facts. It's not fact that this is a bad game. It is a different game and I so happen to like this different. And I refuse to feel bad for doing so.

I agree we all have a right to feel like we want.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

I agree too. It would be unbelievably manipulative to try to make others feel guilty because they don't happen to have the same preferences and wish to make different choices.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

I agree as well.

I want to confess that I find it frustrating when people defend the game just because they like it. (And I'm not thinking of any of you directly, just in general.) If someone says they see why other people have a problem but *they* still like it, I have the utmost respect for that.

Things aren't perfect just because we love them or horrible just because we hate them.
  • Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA cheerleader

- Nope did not like that
    - RH sucked anyway
    - I can wait
    - Disliked that
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I cain wait
    - Did not like that either
    - I can wait
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA cheerleader

- Nope did not like that
    - RH sucked anyway
    - I can wait
    - Disliked that
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I cain wait
    - I can wait

lol this! ^

You guys do know its okay to like something but know and admit that it has flaws?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    EA cheerleader

- Nope did not like that
    - RH sucked anyway
    - I can wait
    - Disliked that
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I cain wait
    - I can wait

lol this! ^

You guys do know its okay to like something but know and admit that it has flaws?

I do believe that this is what people are saying, things they like and don't like about the Sims 4
    I just wanted to see if the things that others don't like would effect my decision to buy. I base my decision on what I like, just as you do. We all buy what we like, If I was to buy a house in RL, I would go look it over and decide if it was what I want. Now there would be other people looking at the house in RL and say, I don't like the kitchen or it only has three bedrooms, well if those things didn't bother me about the house, I would buy but they would not
    That is what it is about a game, each person decides if they want the game on not.
    It does not mean that the ones who do not like what they see about the game are wrong.
    What has flaws for one, may not become a flaw to another. We are all so different in so many way. Just look at cars, some like one type and swear they would never buy another. Some people like to live in different areas, If I don't like that area and see things to me that are wrong does that mean they should too. NO, that area meets their needs.
    So I look at a game and I like what I see and I do not need to admit what others call flaws. As they are not flaws to me.
    It does not mean if others see things they do not like, that I have too.
    and it does not mean that the things you see as flaws is wrong either, it is what you see like the kitchen I presented.
    If it does not suite you then that is ok, I am not trying to change anyone's view of the game, only mine.
    You can do as you please. I do believe it is called free will.
    Something I like, you may not like, that is ok.
    I respect you right to see or buy or not bay the game anyway you want.
    I do not intend to change your view of the game at all. Only you can decide if it is flawed or not.
    By the way I have never in my life been a follower, I have always made my own decisions and not what others thought, right or wrong they have been my decisions. Have I always made good decisions in all my years, no, but they were mine and I am glad that I had the right to do so. It is how we learn. I have also made very good decisions in my life, even if others thought it would be bad.
    So lets all agree to make our own decisions because we are the ones who have to live with it. Remember my decisions are not for you.
    It will not effect your life, only mine.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    EA cheerleader

- Nope did not like that
    - RH sucked anyway
    - I can wait
    - Disliked that
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I can wait
    - I cain wait
    - I can wait

lol this! ^

I do believe that this is what people are saying, things they like and don't like about the Sims 4
    I just wanted to see if the things that others don't like would effect my decision to buy. I base my decision on what I like, just as you do. We all buy what we like, If I was to buy a house in RL, I would go look it over and decide if it was what I want. Now there would be other people looking at the house in RL and say, I don't like the kitchen or it only has three bedrooms, well if those things didn't bother me about the house, I would buy but they would not
    That is what it is about a game, each person decides if they want the game on not.
    It does not mean that the ones who do not like what they see about the game are wrong.
    What has flaws for one, may not become a flaw to another. We are all so different in so many way. Just look at cars, some like one type and swear they would never buy another. Some people like to live in different areas, If I don't like that area and see things to me that are wrong does that mean they should too. NO, that area meets their needs.
    So I look at a game and I like what I see and I do not need to admit what others call flaws. As they are not flaws to me.
    It does not mean if others see things they do not like, that I have too.
    and it does not mean that the things you see as flaws is wrong either, it is what you see like the kitchen I presented.
    If it does not suite you then that is ok, I am not trying to change anyone's view of the game, only mine.
    You can do as you please. I do believe it is called free will.
    Something I like, you may not like, that is ok.
    I respect you right to see or buy or not bay the game anyway you want.
    I do not intend to change your view of the game at all. Only you can decide if it is flawed or not.
    By the way I have never in my life been a follower, I have always made my own decisions and not what others thought, right or wrong they have been my decisions. Have I always made good decisions in all my years, no, but they were mine and I am glad that I had the right to do so. It is how we learn. I have also made very good decisions in my life, even if others thought it would be bad.
    So lets all agree to make our own decisions because we are the ones who have to live with it. Remember my decisions are not for you.
    It will not effect your life, only mine.

I very much agree with you. However, us "haters" get a lot of hate from positives just cause toddlers are a big deal for us, open world etc. It's like they refuse to admit that removing toddlers for example was a bad decision. Its more like "i never played with them anyway so i don't care" but we get hate for choosing not to buy the game cause we actually played with them, and we're "stupid" for basing our decision on toddlers.
  • Options
    CLM1227CLM1227 Posts: 517 New Member
    edited July 2014
    NO OPEN WORLD - but I will be open public places

Like you, this one doesn't bother me that much. The number of times my sims got "Stir Crazy" is ridiculous. I would have them go for a quick jog around the neighborhood to get rid of it. It was fun to explore and look for stuff, but I find my sims in TS3 didn't have a lot of free time to truly explore unless they were self-employed. THAT was something I had hoped would be improved on in TS4 - the time sink in daily tasks and re-routing that prevented a lot of variability in the sims' daily routines. It was eat, go to work, come home, skill boost, eat, go to bed. I felt it was like that in TS2, as well.
    No Story Progression, well I believe that I only cared about everyone aging anyway. not sure what story progression is all about. My sims do not move out, I play a generation game, but they all live together. I only have one child per parents, so it never exceeds mother, father, child, grand parents, a total of 5 sims, and that does not last long because the grandparents are usually gone by then. but if I like the elders in Sims 4 better, then I will make their life longer. having the child with grandparents longer would be nice. real family like.

SP in TS3 was a mixed bag. It was nice that they would live their lives, but what bugged me the most was how arbitrary the decision making was. AGAIN, it was something I had HOPED TS4 would improve on with the addition of emotions. No matter what people say about "emotions" in TS2 and TS3, decisions were made arbitrarily with no thought for what would "fulfill" the sims. If my sim wanted to read a logic book but loved the outdoors, 5 seconds away, instead of pulling out a logic book and sitting down to read, they'd be running through the sprinkler or stomping their foot because mom's garden is blocking the routing TO the sprinkler! I had HOPED emotions would stop that kind of behavior. Without Story Progression, I'm not entirely certain what effect emotions will actually have on game play.
    No terrain tools - I never cared for what they gave us anyway in Sims 3 but some day would like to have real terrain tools to make roads and things, hope we do get some kind of CAW tool to be able to make new worlds or neighborhoods in the near future.

I won't miss this much. I greatly admired the beautiful builds other builders would do. And I especially loved RuthlessKK's Victorian manors that were built with Terrain Tool Basements, but they won't be entirely missed excepting the fishing pond on my property - very cheap and easy way to get my child sim fishing before 6am without worrying about curfew.
    No hot tubs - Well I do like the hot tub but I can wait
    The second one of my teen sims rolled a "Want" to skinny dip with her dad, I deleted the hot tub and never looked back.
    No grocery stores - I hated the RH anyway. I am sure we will be able to buy food, I am hoping for cash registers.
    I like the idea of "buying" things. If you don't have money, your sim should experience some discomfort. But stores aren't all that necessary. I like them for story purposes and LOVED the consignment store. And as far as that is concerned, I like it... and the incentive for cheaper groceries or cheaper items was enough to occasionally push my cash strapped sims to sell & buy at the grocer than through their inventory.

Oh and the produce quality boost for my Perfect Gardener sims was a must.
    No toddlers - to be truthful toddlers were cute, but that is about it. I would rather adopt a child then work with a toddler in my game.

This, for me, was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. It seems so small for so many, but toddlers opened the world to me. As I said above about Open Worlds and not having time for them, reading books and playing with what few toys the toddlers had gave them a boost in life so that when they were older I didn't have to spend so much time having my doctor sim study logic... she could go to the park and hit on a hot guy and have a LIFE (I know... so unrealistic for doctors =p) With the 4 points of logic gained from books and the peg box, I'd have logic maxed by graduation.

Most people wanted MORE interactions with toddlers... children being able to help with younger siblings and interact with them (away from the blocks table), teach them to talk, play peek-a-boo, give them a bottle. More meaningful interactions like reading a story on a chair, watching TV (Kids channel! They could LEARN SKILLS from watching Educational TV!). I felt there were a lot of missed opportunities in TS3 where the toddler life stage was concerned. Parents want a baby to grow to be a genius? Playing with pegs and reading logic books should have given a higher chance to rolling genius on a random trait roll.
    No create a style I can live with that from what I have seen.

Like you, I can live without this... with one caveat - that the developers learn some basics about interior design and offer cohesive and harmonious options that don't need me to alter to live with - and with a variety of styles. Do not stick me with 20 Bella Goth patterns in dark and heavy colors. I don't want to live in a vampire mansion.
    No color wheel I can live with that too.
    I didn't need a color wheel, but I would have been happy to have a color palette. I don't need every color available, but different shades and tones under color groups would have been awesome... and I think could have added to game play with Favorite colors and emotions while simplifying and still providing options to customizable loving builders and modelers.
    No laundry - I hated them, hardly ever put them in my homes. did not want my sims to spend to much time doing housework.
    I didn't like them much, either. They are great for boosting Neat and Perfectionist sims moods to make them more productive, but in large homes with tons of rooms, it was problematic because the sims changed clothes ALL THE TIME. However, instead of getting rid of laundry, they could have put some constraints on the Sims dirty clothes accumulation - while keeping the current system for teenage girls =p
    No garages - Well I thought that I saw a garage, but anyway I always turned my garage into a play room, or den. Had a parking spot, but mostly my sims kept them in their stuff.

I love how garages look on houses. I'm a builder. I like making pretty houses. Because of the foundations (I like the formal look foundations provide to houses) and the difficulty to build garages on to houses with foundations, I learned to build alternative car ports. While I can live without it, it would have been a "nice to have".
    No gardeners for hire - Don't need a gardener, I like my sims to garden and from what I read it will be even better.

I have a hard time believing this is actually a point of contention with people who are upset with the TS4. But I have seen this elsewhere. Really, of all the things to be upset about. But I suppose, as I was looking forward to certain assumptive things, to each their own.
    No basements - I can wait

With the way basements on foundation houses worked in TS3, I can to. I usually went without them. They were useful for cheap houses when doing nothing to something legacies, but if they could make Basements work with the TS4 foundation system, its worth the wait.
    No visible jobs/schools - they were RH anyway, no different to me as I took out all the schools and city hall. My sims did not work or my sim kids go to school. That is the way I like to play, I want them to have fun, not spend half the day in some RH. Oh yes, my sims don't work, so they will not be going to work so no loading for that one for me.

Agree. Frees up lot space for a new house or other lot types for future expansions. Actually, Rabbit Holes in general I don't mind not having lots for them because I WOULD like to use the lots for something else... and in a world limited in lots and trying to be small, school and work can live not being their own lot. I used to spend hours decorating Rabbit Hole lots, but hardly any inactives would show up on them and nothing ever happened.
    No modifications to public places/parks - I can make my own Park or Garden if I like on another lot. Park is big enough if we get festivals in the future.

/meh
    No favorites (food, color, music) - To me it they were useless anyway. Maybe with the new emotions and they taste a food there will be a reaction to it.

With my comment on the Color Wheel, I thought emotions would MAKE THIS USEFUL. I ALWAYS used favorite color to determine clothing colors and household décor colors, pretending it had an impact on my sims and seriously wishing it DID... even just a boost on the well decorated moodlet would have been enough. With TS3's color wheel and thousands of color choices, I see how unrealistic that is... but with TS4's lack of a color wheel and everything being a pre-ordinated color (and even with a select color palette), that could have been different. But its not.

And also, there should have been a "Pleasant atmosphere" boost when your favorite music was playing and cooking a sim their favorite food should have given a nice boost to their relationship.
    No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss swimming, but I can wait, and there are fountains. I do like pools, but I can wait, sometimes I hate that I put a pool in, because my sims don't want to do anything else, it is like the sprinkler and it drives me nuts and I am sure we will have sprinklers as we will have gardens.

Agree with swimming. Though I better get in my killing sims by drowning fix while I can.
    No rabbit holes at all - happy about that one off the screen or not.
    /agree
    No private schools - Never sent my kids to private school.
    /agree

Toddlers give me skill boosts. Not private schools.
    All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - I never liked foundations, I always made houses without foundations so this does not bother me at all. I only hope that houses that have foundation, that I will be able to make them not have one. change it to a ground level home.

As a builder, this makes me saddened. No sunken rooms and no ability for split levels - even with the new wall heights. I understand the complexity behind it, but I'm certain that they could have figured it out if they had had 4-5 years to work on it instead of wasting time on an MMO. I love what they did with the building tools, but given my first thought when seeing variable wall heights was "Spit Levels!" disappointment is an understatement. It kind of goes along with the emotions. So much potential... accompanied with so much loss of what they could have done with it!
    Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Oh my gosh I hated 64x64 lots, especially when they place a school on it, such a wasted space. I love 40x40 lots the most.

This doesn't bug me at ALL. I love smaller lots. I hate building mansions because they are just so... HUGE and cumbersome. I do like more space for ranch style homes simply because of barns and gardens, but I am ok with what is offered here.
    Fewer floors/levels - I like and mostly only play one floor level homes.

With the variable wall heights, there may not be as much need for multiple floors when foundations and freizes don't count as a floor.

Incompatible simpoint currency - If this is true, then I will use the points I have on my Sims 3, Where is this confirmed.

32-bit executable - I am not worried about this, I do have a 64-bit and my computer is not a year old yet. I have a Alienware and love it. I think that the sims is 32 bit now, not sure I am not a guru, but my Sims 3 plays great, I have no trouble with it, so I am hoping that the Sims 4 will play just as good, if not better.

Loading screens for individual lots - My computer loads fast, if it is a short loading I won't mind at all, it is something I will have to wait and see, as all our computers are different. I hope that everyone has a short loading screen in their game.

Much smaller "worlds" Oh my I love small worlds, I can play larger worlds but they are to overwhelming to me. I would rather play a smaller world, I just might love this. most of the worlds I play are 512 size. I would rather play them. But I do like small Islands and hope we get them in the future.

None of these really bother me at all.
    Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Well it will be nice in a way, they can all wear the same clothes, as I have always wanted something that the Adult had for my teen, and I am hoping that the elders can wear the same clothes too, although the elders look so much better in the sims 4, I am going to like playing with them better. they have said that teens do look a little different. In real life, teens are sometimes taller the their parents. I think the teens are old in Sims 4, not sure of that on.

This was just lazy. And it was in TS3, as well. I have bought dresses for teens that were binned incorrectly and were only available to YA. That is ridiculous and poor quality management. I learned how to mod package files just to rebin them to Teens... especially the prom dresses that game with Generations. They were already MADE for teens and young adults. Just someone didn't check the right box to make them available to teens.

I send my sims out to go find a spouse a lot. And usually the only single sims are teens. Its helpful to realize I'm talking to a teen by observing height and number of traits that are available. Don't need to be hitting on teenagers.

Overall, I'm not buying this game because the things I cared the most about - and looked forward to emotions about - do actually matter to me. I had hoped emotions would improve upon a lot of current things in TS3 that seriously bother me in TS3. I do NOT want another TS3... and I was looking forward to REAL emotions... not stomping feet, pms-ing, and then sprinkler play. Or seriously, skinny dipping with Dad.

I want my AI to have more depth than roll of the die or "That's just what we programmed them to do." I liked the idea of having a rebellious sim that REALLY wants to skip school and becomes sulky and sullen when I force him to go anyway.

Most of these things I'm plenty ok with... but I was looking forward to seeing Story Progression and Emotions in play... TOGETHER.

I have spent weeks searching for information on TS4, looking for ACTUAL gameplay (E3 was NOT gameplay... even when Game Informer "play-tested", it was the SAME EXACT SCENARIO as the E3 press conference... with the same emphasis on dying from laughter). I wanted to see what effect these emotions would have on game play.

After the Late Night xpac, I actually swore to not invest in the TS4 games because of the amount of bugs in the TS3 games and xpacs that we relied on the modding community to fix. When the announcements started coming, I got excited and considered changing my mind. But the more that comes out, the more I realize they haven't had much time to work on it, the more I learn about what is or isn't in it, and the closer we get to release, the more wary I am.

But all that said, Story Progression and Toddlers are what pushed me over the edge.

Toddlers just made me throw in the towel altogether.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Terrain tools? Loathsome! GET THAT HILL AWAY FROM ME!

LOL
  • Options
    simlucysimlucy Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2014
    Has anyone seen any actual gameplay videos? I have been looking and all I can find is CAS and Build Mode. I can find pictures of the town, but only one neighborhood. I would like to see some actual gameplay. How can I really decide if what the game is missing or adding will affect my gameplay if I can't see any? I think it is too much to ask me to pay for the game before I see the gameplay. Show me the transitions, and a day in the life, and what is really downtown. What does it look like when the trasitions occur? And do they anticipate that the transitions will extend when new expansions are added, the same way load time extended with TS3? I would really like for someone at EA to step forward and give me some real answers.
  • Options
    ScarlettVeilScarlettVeil Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2014
    simlucy wrote:
    Has anyone seen any actual gameplay videos? I have been looking and all I can find is CAS and Build Mode. I can find pictures of the town, but only one neighborhood. I would like to see some actual gameplay. How can I really decide if what the game is missing or adding will affect my gameplay if I can't see any? I think it is too much to ask me to pay for the game before I see the gameplay. Show me the transitions, and a day in the life, and what is really downtown. What does it look like when the trasitions occur? And do they anticipate that the transitions will extend when new expansions are added, the same way load time extended with TS3? I would really like for someone at EA to step forward and give me some real answers.

They are releasing a 15 min video of gameplay sometime within the next two weeks! They are also releasing a CAS demo soon for free. :mrgreen::mrgreen: