Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a running list I just want to see if

I Will really miss any of them

NO OPEN WORLD - but I will be open public places

No Story Progression, well I believe that I only cared about everyone aging anyway. not sure what story progression is all about. My sims do not move out, I play a generation game, but they all live together. I only have one child per parents, so it never exceeds mother, father, child, grand parents, a total of 5 sims, and that does not last long because the grandparents are usually gone by then. but if I like the elders in Sims 4 better, then I will make their life longer. having the child with grandparents longer would be nice. real family like.

No terrain tools - I never cared for what they gave us anyway in Sims 3 but some day would like to have real terrain tools to make roads and things, hope we do get some kind of CAW tool to be able to make new worlds or neighborhoods in the near future.

No hot tubs - Well I do like the hot tub but I can wait

No grocery stores - I hated the RH anyway. I am sure we will be able to buy food, I am hoping for cash registers.

No toddlers - to be truthful toddlers were cute, but that is about it. I would rather adopt a child then work with a toddler in my game.

No create a style I can live with that from what I have seen.

No color wheel I can live with that too.

No laundry - I hated them, hardly ever put them in my homes. did not want my sims to spend to much time doing housework.

No garages - Well I thought that I saw a garage, but anyway I always turned my garage into a play room, or den. Had a parking spot, but mostly my sims kept them in their stuff.

No gardeners for hire - Don't need a gardener, I like my sims to garden and from what I read it will be even better.

No basements - I can wait

No visible jobs/schools - they were RH anyway, no different to me as I took out all the schools and city hall. My sims did not work or my sim kids go to school. That is the way I like to play, I want them to have fun, not spend half the day in some RH. Oh yes, my sims don't work, so they will not be going to work so no loading for that one for me.

No modifications to public places/parks - I can make my own Park or Garden if I like on another lot. Park is big enough if we get festivals in the future.

No favorites (food, color, music) - To me it they were useless anyway. Maybe with the new emotions and they taste a food there will be a reaction to it.

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss swimming, but I can wait, and there are fountains. I do like pools, but I can wait, sometimes I hate that I put a pool in, because my sims don't want to do anything else, it is like the sprinkler and it drives me nuts and I am sure we will have sprinklers as we will have gardens.

No rabbit holes at all - happy about that one off the screen or not.

No private schools - Never sent my kids to private school.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - I never liked foundations, I always made houses without foundations so this does not bother me at all. I only hope that houses that have foundation, that I will be able to make them not have one. change it to a ground level home.

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Oh my gosh I hated 64x64 lots, especially when they place a school on it, such a wasted space. I love 40x40 lots the most.

Fewer floors/levels - I like and mostly only play one floor level homes.

Incompatible simpoint currency - If this is true, then I will use the points I have on my Sims 3, Where is this confirmed.

32-bit executable - I am not worried about this, I do have a 64-bit and my computer is not a year old yet. I have a Alienware and love it. I think that the sims is 32 bit now, not sure I am not a guru, but my Sims 3 plays great, I have no trouble with it, so I am hoping that the Sims 4 will play just as good, if not better.

Loading screens for individual lots - My computer loads fast, if it is a short loading I won't mind at all, it is something I will have to wait and see, as all our computers are different. I hope that everyone has a short loading screen in their game.

Much smaller "worlds" Oh my I love small worlds, I can play larger worlds but they are to overwhelming to me. I would rather play a smaller world, I just might love this. most of the worlds I play are 512 size. I would rather play them. But I do like small Islands and hope we get them in the future.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Well it will be nice in a way, they can all wear the same clothes, as I have always wanted something that the Adult had for my teen, and I am hoping that the elders can wear the same clothes too, although the elders look so much better in the sims 4, I am going to like playing with them better. they have said that teens do look a little different. In real life, teens are sometimes taller the their parents. I think the teens are old in Sims 4, not sure of that on.

Well that's about it. It is the way I play. We are all different so a lot of things don't really matter to me. I can wait for some things I like and will love them much better when I get them. There is not to much that disappoints me in the Sims 4. I have seen so much included that I like to use anyway.

Hope you all find and get what you want and like to play your game.

Comments

• Options
    GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh my, you and I have such similiar play styles, I agree with almost everything on your list.

I do send my kids to school... I didn't know that was optional O_O ... (totally new way to play the Sims 3) hmmm, this weekend should be fun! Also I love small worlds too!!!! :D
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:

No Story Progression, well I believe that I only cared about everyone aging anyway. not sure what story progression is all about. My sims do not move out, I play a generation game, but they all live together. I only have one child per parents, so it never exceeds mother, father, child, grand parents, a total of 5 sims, and that does not last long because the grandparents are usually gone by then. but if I like the elders in Sims 4 better, then I will make their life longer. having the child with grandparents longer would be nice. real family like.

No terrain tools - I never cared for what they gave us anyway in Sims 3 but some day would like to have real terrain tools to make roads and things, hope we do get some kind of CAW tool to be able to make new worlds or neighborhoods in the near future.

No grocery stores - I hated the RH anyway. I am sure we will be able to buy food, I am hoping for cash registers.

No toddlers - to be truthful toddlers were cute, but that is about it. I would rather adopt a child then work with a toddler in my game.

No laundry - I hated them, hardly ever put them in my homes. did not want my sims to spend to much time doing housework.

No garages - Well I thought that I saw a garage, but anyway I always turned my garage into a play room, or den. Had a parking spot, but mostly my sims kept them in their stuff.

No gardeners for hire - Don't need a gardener, I like my sims to garden and from what I read it will be even better.

No visible jobs/schools - they were RH anyway, no different to me as I took out all the schools and city hall. My sims did not work or my sim kids go to school. That is the way I like to play, I want them to have fun, not spend half the day in some RH. Oh yes, my sims don't work, so they will not be going to work so no loading for that one for me.

No modifications to public places/parks - I can make my own Park or Garden if I like on another lot. Park is big enough if we get festivals in the future.

No favorites (food, color, music) - To me it they were useless anyway. Maybe with the new emotions and they taste a food there will be a reaction to it.

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss swimming, but I can wait, and there are fountains. I do like pools, but I can wait, sometimes I hate that I put a pool in, because my sims don't want to do anything else, it is like the sprinkler and it drives me nuts and I am sure we will have sprinklers as we will have gardens.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - I never liked foundations, I always made houses without foundations so this does not bother me at all. I only hope that houses that have foundation, that I will be able to make them not have one. change it to a ground level home.

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Oh my gosh I hated 64x64 lots, especially when they place a school on it, such a wasted space. I love 40x40 lots the most.

Incompatible simpoint currency - If this is true, then I will use the points I have on my Sims 3, Where is this confirmed.

32-bit executable - I am not worried about this, I do have a 64-bit and my computer is not a year old yet. I have a Alienware and love it. I think that the sims is 32 bit now, not sure I am not a guru, but my Sims 3 plays great, I have no trouble with it, so I am hoping that the Sims 4 will play just as good, if not better.

Loading screens for individual lots - My computer loads fast, if it is a short loading I won't mind at all, it is something I will have to wait and see, as all our computers are different. I hope that everyone has a short loading screen in their game.

Much smaller "worlds" Oh my I love small worlds, I can play larger worlds but they are to overwhelming to me. I would rather play a smaller world, I just might love this. most of the worlds I play are 512 size. I would rather play them. But I do like small Islands and hope we get them in the future.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Well it will be nice in a way, they can all wear the same clothes, as I have always wanted something that the Adult had for my teen, and I am hoping that the elders can wear the same clothes too, although the elders look so much better in the sims 4, I am going to like playing with them better. they have said that teens do look a little different. In real life, teens are sometimes taller the their parents. I think the teens are old in Sims 4, not sure of that on.

Well that's about it. It is the way I play. We are all different so a lot of things don't really matter to me. I can wait for some things I like and will love them much better when I get them. There is not to much that disappoints me in the Sims 4. I have seen so much included that I like to use anyway.

It's great EA can rip you off fans and not even need to explain itself.

Fans will not only still buy it, but will make excuses for the company!

No wonder they feel they can get away with anything.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

I am not making excuses it just the way that I play. I just wanted to see how many things that people don't like, if it would really bother the way I play.
    I see that I will be able to play the way I like just fine.
    In fact possibly even better, as I said my sims never work and I have played that way through a A-Z generation and no one worked. I am now doing another A-Z generation now in the sims 3, as I love to play this way.
    Now the neat things in Sims 4, is for me, is that I can make Willow Creek into a Artist community very easy. The sims will be easier to make and the houses will easier to make. I have always wanted to do that. With my sims not working, now they can join the public places with the other sims all day if they wish. But they do paint, write, collect, fish, garden, play musical instruments for income. I like to make community lots, nice place to eat, so I am hoping for cash registers.
    You see, the list above does not effect my game play. I can't wait to see my sims act a little more emotional. Sometimes the Sims 3 sims seen so dead. I want my sims to see something they don't like and react to it. My sims mostly go to places like libraries, gyms, parks, winery, confinement shop, bar, picnics so these are the things I am looking for in my game. If I didn't spend my money on EXpk, Sets, venues in Sims 4, I would anyway in Sims 3. but I believe I am getting a better game play with Sims 4 and that is why I am buying it. I love the sims and I will give it a chance.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh my, you and I have such similiar play styles, I agree with almost everything on your list.

I do send my kids to school... I didn't know that was optional O_O ... (totally new way to play the Sims 3) hmmm, this weekend should be fun! Also I love small worlds too!!!! :D

I have found out concerning schools, if is your child is in school now and then stops, you will not be able to pick his traits when he ages up.
    If you have a town without a school when you start, it does not matter and you can choose your sim kids traits when they grow up.

Now you can always change there traits anyway, so it does not matter.
    Have fun with your sims, that is what it is all about anyway. It is just you and your sims having fun your way.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    No sims- It's ok, taking care of them was annoying anyway :lol:
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    No open world - I hated open world. I'm glad it is gone. One of the best things about TS4.
    No story progression - I liked this sometimes so I wish we had the option.
    No terrain tool - I didn't care about this personally.
    No hot tubs - I they add them in later I'd like better ones because I hardly used them.
    No grocery stores - I didn't care about this personally.
    No toddlers - I love them. I hope they put them in but I want them to be better than they were in TS3 because they sucked in that.
    No CASt - Rarely used it and it lagged up my game.
    No color wheel - I wish we could have kept it but doesn't bother me too much personally.
    No laundry - I hated laundry.
    No garages - Never used it so I don't care.
    No gardeners - I'd rather make my own Sim do it?
    No basements - Never used them so I don't care.
    No visible jobs//schools - I hate rabbit holes. Good riddance. Or if they bring them back just make them open otherwise I like my Sims to go off screen.
    No mods to public areas - I don't really care?
    No favorites - If they bring them back I hope they at least have a use.
    No swimming - Pools didn't do ****. If they bring them back they better do something besides drown, splash, and hold your breath. Otherwise useless.
    No private schools - *Shrugs*
    No foundation mixing - *Shrugs*
    Smaller lots - *Shrugs*
    Fewer floors - *Shrugs*
    Simpoints Not Compatible - I feel bad for those who have them racked up but eh I don't use em.
    32 bit - *Shrugs*
    Loading screens for lots - Better than seamless open world.
    Smaller worlds - Thank Rot. I hated vast empty worlds.
    Teen height - Doesn't bother me personally because they still look different ((To me))
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

I just died :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited July 2014

Yk. I never really protested about the removal of CASt,but last week I picked up a copy of the The Sims Medieval - Pirates & Nobles in the cheap bin and my local game store. I installed and started playing, thinking I could occupy my mind for the next month with a minor distraction of sorts.

I began setting up my castle and before long I sat back and realized, "you know you are using CASt without even knowing your doing it"

Lol. .. .it got me wondering. . .will I miss this feature that has become some what so integrated that I use it without even knowing I am :?
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    Evalen wrote:

I can't wait to see my sims act a little more emotional.
    OH YEAH
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    Half the rows on the forums are probably because we all play differently so there are some of us who are absolutely gutted by the direction the sims4 has gone in (I'm one of them) and other people who play differently (like the OP) don't mind the changes.

I think (but may be wrong) that those who don't mind aren't in the majority, but it doesn't really matter because *everyone's* way of playing is just as valid. I am, however, pretty upset that knowing that so many of us play in so many different ways that the sims team couldn't have made the game more flexible so we're all pleased (e.g. optional CASt so those of us who like it can use it as well as the blueprint system that does look awesome if you're not a builder....or SP but with the ability to play rotationally or turn it off completely).
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    This would be my own personal list in response to what you have already mentioned.

NO OPEN WORLD - I think I can live with this although I did like to send my sims out at night collecting stuff - something I would never do in real life so that made a nice change. Also, I read Graham saying the neighbourhoods were actually quite big so I see this as a plus.

No Story Progression - Story progression really used to annoy me sometimes. If I ever went to play a different family, I could guarantee that all their clothes, clothes which I spent some time creating in CAS, would alter by the time I got back. So much for creating a town with the people I wanted in it. I once created a monastery with 8 monks. I spent some time on this too. I left for what, a couple of sim days, only to return to find two of the monks had left the monastery and one had moved a woman in! Ummmmmm..... Okay...... !

No terrain tools - This is a bit of a loss for me. Flat lots can be a bit boring and I tend to like creating countryside kind of landscapes for my fishing and gardening sims. I never did get on too well with CFE although I did use it a couple of times but not enough to miss. I did, and still do however, thoroughly enjoy watching youtube channels where there is extensive use made of this tool

No hot tubs - Not bothered by this at all.

No grocery stores - I often add the rug mod for this to save my sim having to go all the way to town to buy a nice quality tomato, lol

No toddlers - Some of the toddlers were cute, especially with some of the more recent clothes added for them. However, they were far too needy and I've already had four toddlers to look after and I can't be doing with needy any more. So this is not really a loss for me although I can understand why many would not like this in the game. If I hadn't already had children myself, what better way to try playing families in a game? This IS supposed to be a game about families, isn't it? Perhaps not! Whatever, it doesn't worry me. Any toddler I came across in my game was always crying! Sheesh! Been there, done that!

No create a style - I'm personally iffy about this one. The lack of customisation is the one thing which could make or break this game for me because it's basically the main reason I play the Sims - it's what drew me to it originally.

No color wheel - As above.

No laundry - Strangely I do enjoy this in Sims 3 but have absolutely no idea why!

No garages - Not too fussed about this one way or another. I do tend to add garages to big houses but hmm .....I'm indifferent on this.

No gardeners for hire - I love gardening in Sims 3; it's one of my favourite things to do and there have been times when I really wished I could have a gardener. I did use a mod for this at one point; it came in really handy. Otherwise I tend to add a sim specifically for gardening.

No basements - I never did like that black space around them because it feels unnatural to me. I do like the concept though.

No visible jobs/schools - I'm not sure how I feel about this. This is something I will have to wait and see about. I do feel that rabbit holes were far too big though. As Sims 3 grew, I couldn't find anywhere to put them and they didn't always match my gameplay style. I often use cheats to put them underground.

No modifications to public places/parks - If a neighbourhood is mostly lots then editing public spaces isn't too big a deal for me. I don't generally use this but will definitely miss CaW - that is a total certainty for me.

No favorites (food, color, music) - Not bothered on this at all. The only thing I noticed is they clap their hands. I always choose the easiest meal anyway - pancakes. My sims do a lot of hand clapping for this very reason.

No swimming / swimwear - No swimwear! Hmmmmmmmmmm, gotta think about this. I like to see pools in gardens but it always irritates me that they would rather starve than come out of the pool. A bit like the water sprinkler - it drives me to distraction. I now put a fence around them and lock the gate at all times. Their only way in is for me to teleport them in.

No rabbit holes at all - If these are replaced with community venues which I can modify then yes, I'm all for this.

No private schools - Who cares! School is school.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. - This is perhaps a limitation for me but only a small one. Just wondering how you would build a garden shed or outhouse, or outside toilet or.... Yeah, maybe a bit too limiting there for me.

Smaller lots. - 50 x 50 is quite big and I generally play lots around 40 x 40. But there are times when I use 60 x 60. I don't really need 64 x 64 lots. It takes far too long to fill them.

Fewer floors/levels - I usually only go up to 3 floors but quite like the opportunity to go higher if I wish to and there have been times when I have wished to.

Incompatible simpoint currency - I'm not sure exactly what this means. If it means can I transfer them across from Sims 3 well, I'm not too worried about this.

32-bit executable - While I'm prepared to get the best possible computer to play a game on if necessary, a lesser computer requirement would mean that more people in my family could play the sims on their computers.

Loading screens for individual lots - I don't think this will worry me too much because I'm used to playing in online virtual worlds where there is plenty of loading screens going on. But then again, I did move across to the Sims so I don't yet know how I will react to this.

Much smaller "worlds" What can I say? I like small worlds.

Teens are same height as adults - Nearly everyone is taller than me anyway so nothing different there from real life.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity in this thread to work through in my mind what I possibly will or won't like or dislike about Sims 4. It's given me something to think about.

:thumbup:
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Really! They were so dang needy! :shock: whaa i'm hungry, whaaa i'm tierd, whaaa I need to pee. Very annoying! :D
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited July 2014
    Interesting. I was wondering how people thought they weren't losing major aspects of the game in TS4 but I can see it with your play style. I'm glad some people will be able to enjoy it at least (not sarcastic at all - I'm glad you're happy with what you're getting).

No Open World - For me, this game clashes terribly with my play style. I'm mostly a builder. I love designing lots and sims so that a world feels cohesive and real. I love going up to the top of Hidden Springs' mountain and watching the sun rise or taking a boat out on the lake and following my sims around. This will be a big loss for me.

No Story Progression - TS3's story progression definitely needed to be improved but I think they should've copied from Twallan and the endless customization options there instead of getting rid of SP except for aging. I like to create all of the sims for my town and see what they do as I follow one family around more closely. Sometimes the homeless man hooks up with the daughter of the richest family in town and it's hilarious. I like making the sims' personalities, tweaking the SP mod settings, and seeing how it all plays out.

No terrain tools - This is a major blow to me. A lot of the advanced building techniques are gone. No more CFE. No more hills in your landscape. No more walk-out basements or houses jutting out of cliffs.

No hot tubs - This is not a major loss for me. They don't take up a ton of space so it should be easy enough to fit them into a lot in the future if they are added.

No grocery stores - I love commercial spaces. I like having places for sims to shop and bump into other sims. Even in TS3 with the rabbithole grocery stores, I at least had a nice space outside of the RH where sims could meet up and socialize.

No toddlers - This is a shame. I feel like they should have added preteens instead of removing a life stage. TS2 toddlers were a lot of fun and with some of the store content, TS3 toddlers are getting there.

No create a style - Major deal breaker. One of my main reasons for playing this game is to indulge in my interior design hobby without actually buying a bunch of furniture for my house. I don't ever really want my house to look super modern or super classical but I have fun creating those styles in my little virtual world.

No color wheel - I use the CASt patterns all the time but a color wheel would've probably been an acceptable compromise for me. I would've been sad about the loss of patterns but it would've been something.

No laundry - I wasn't expecting this in the base game. Nice to have but not a core feature.

No garages/one foundation level for all buildings on lot - Again, I like architecture. I was hoping they would make this easier, not impossible in TS4. I would use CFE in TS3 to add attached garages. Sometimes they'd be for cars, sometimes my sims would use them for hobby spaces. Either way, a neighborhood with attached garages on most of the houses really captures that suburban feel for me and that's important for my storytelling immersion.

No gardeners for hire - This seems like it should be pretty easy to implement, especially since there are gardeners for the public spaces. I don't know why they didn't implement them for home lots. It's nice to have for rich sims with huge lots. I like to load up on butlers, maids, nannies, etc. for sims who have a ton of money and a huge house.

No basements - If they had terrain sculpting and CFE, I wouldn't need a separate basement tool.

No visible jobs/schools/rabbitholes - I like the rabbitholes. They add character to the town. There are some spectacular rabbitholes, like the HS spa and the AS hospital/lab that add angled or curved walls that you can't make yourself with in-game build tools. It adds architectural interest. Plus, I don't think the space around them is wasted - I have a playground and soccer field on my school lot. My city hall has a sculpture garden and a food truck. They're good for the kinds of careers that would be really boring to watch.

No modifications to public places/parks - I really hate the builds that come out of EA. They do a terrible job of laying things out. Lots of wasted space and ugly color choices. As such, I like being able to fix things to my own preferences.

No favorites (food, color, music) - Like story progression, I'd hoped that they would have improved upon these instead of scrapping them.

No swimming / swimwear - I liked pools. They could have used more activities but I think IP and Seasons added a lot. It's nice to have a variety of ways for sims to get exercise.

No private schools - I liked the TS2 challenge of getting into a private school. Didn't really use the Generations boarding schools.

Smaller lots - This is awful. I use 64x64 lots for parks, farms, resorts, lots with multiple rabbitholes on them, gyms with Olympic-sized swimming pools, giant mansions for sims with tons of cars or horses... There are a lot of uses for large lots.

Fewer floors/levels - This is another advanced builder feature gone. I have tons of lots that look like they're one level but they're actually 3-4 because of intricate uses of friezes and foundations to add architectural interest.

Incompatible simpoint currency - I'm sticking with TS3 and there's a bunch of stuff I still need to buy from the store anyway, so this won't impact me much.

32-bit executable - I have 8GB of RAM and 4 cores. I would like to use them. Heck, if TS4 had been 64-bit and looked good enough to buy, I probably would've upgraded.

Loading screens for individual lots - This is going to be painful, especially as EPs are added. I would much rather have a long load time in the beginning so I can go get a snack or do a quick chore than have a lot of smaller load times that are too short to do anything but long enough to be annoying and disruptive. Loading just between neighborhoods might not have been so bad but between all lots is a huge step back.

Much smaller "worlds" - Hidden Springs has 85 lots and I use each and every one of them. Even if I take out all lots being used for rabbitholes or EP lots (LN bars, laundromats, etc.), I still have 50 lots and about 90 sims. There's just no room for that with under 25 lots.

Teens-elders all look nearly identical - The jump between child-height sims and adults is too much, plus the complication of not being able to tell if you're trying to flirt with a teen as an adult. They could maybe fix this with age identifiers when you hover over a sim, plus adding in preteens.

So, yeah, not a good fit for my play style. But I do honestly hope that you have a ton of fun with it. It would be a shame if they went through all that work and no one liked it.
  • Options
    ScarlettVeilScarlettVeil Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2014
    No open world - Doesn't really bother me. It seems like you can still see neighbors in the distance and that's all I really liked it for. No biggie.
    No story progression - Helps a lot for me. I don't play with aging a ton so I like not everyone dying while I create stories.
    No terrain tool - Eh, not a big deal. I don't really use it a lot. Everytime I did it made my lots look silly.
    No hot tubs - I'm sure we will get them later. Hopefully with lots of fun features! No big deal here.
    No grocery stores - Eh, it was cute to be able to "grocery shop" but not a big deal. I could really care less.
    No toddlers - Cute, but they didn't have a lot to them. I want them better if they are in the game or just leave them out. No big deal to me.
    No CASt - If you went overboard with it you could really slow your game down. I'm very much okay with it being gone.
    No color wheel - They have a lot of cool colors for things already. I only really used it when making fantasy characters so I don't care.
    No laundry - Used it a few times but it just became a hassle. And who knows maybe they will do an apartment life EP and add them in.
    No garages - Don't care. They were cute but I'm sure if they add cars we will get them later.
    No gardeners - Pfft, if I want a garden I'll do it myself.
    No basements - Will most likely be added later. Was fun but really dark. I'm looking forward to attics
    No visible jobs//schools - I've played Sims since the beginning this doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    No mods to public areas - Don't care.
    No favorites - Didn't really do much. If they do bring it back I'm sure it will be better.
    No swimming - I'm sure it will be added later. Hopefully better with more options. I got bored after a while.
    No private schools - Don't care. I didn't use it a lot. I'm sure we will get the option later.
    No foundation mixing - Eh, not a big deal.
    Smaller lots - Helps with loading I bet. No big deal to me.
    Fewer floors - I'm okay with this. If I want a bazillion floors I'll find a mod.
    Simpoints Not Compatible - I'm sorry for anyone who is losing them, but I don't use them.
    32 bit - I have a computer built for 3D modeling/ rendering and animation I don't care haha!
    Loading screens for lots - Helps the gameplay, I'm fine with this.
    Smaller worlds - No big deal. I didn't use a lot of the world. Also I want to be able to see people when I got to lots or clubs instead of traveling all night to find a club/lot/whatever with more than ONE person in it.
    Teen height - Eh, not a huge deal to me. I mean it's a little weird but I still think they look different.

Also, I'm throwing this out there, I consider the Sims 4 to be a whole new game! Like they said, "A new generation of the Sims" (I think I quoted that right), you are different than the generation of your parents right? So think of the Sims 4 like a child of the Sims. It isn't exactly the same but it still has similar features. It wants to stand out and not be exactly like it's parents. :D Just my opinion.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    And if there were no sims at all in the world(s) and you could pretty much just make them in CAS and that was the entirety of the game I feel like there would still be people say "that's ok, I never liked to play with the sims anyway, they were kind of annoying. CAS is where it's at. This game is going to be amazing." Just because you honestly don't care about anything that has been removed or have convinced yourself it's ok for EA to sell you almost nothing for $70 because you love the sims so much doesn't mean it is ok. All the removed content plus the fact that it's 2 months before the game and we literally have seen zero unscripted gameplay and know next to nothing about what IS in the game other than CAS and emotions I think it's pretty clear they messed up and even they know it. So uh... have fun playing with.. um??? CAS???
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    OMG, did you actually take my list and go one by one on why you didn't care that they were removed?

Can you say "denial"?

Look it doesn't matter whether you care for a feature or not. The fact is it is RUSHED game where 2 months before go live we still haven't seen any live gameplay videos. You are free to have an opinion, but these are hard facts and that was the entire point of my list.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    JulyRaines7JulyRaines7 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2014
    Interesting. I was wondering how people thought they weren't losing major aspects of the game in TS4 but I can see it with your play style. I'm glad some people will be able to enjoy it at least (not sarcastic at all - I'm glad you're happy with what you're getting).

Ditto
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nah. Nobody is wrong or in denial. It really all depends on personal taste and opinion. We ((the ones who are really excited for TS4)) seem to have a general like mind about playstyle. More often we are TS2 > TS3 it seems too.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love to see more replies coming in this thread working through this list because it's really helping to understand where people are coming from and I'm enjoying reading the responses so far.

And it's also interesting just to see how others play the Sims :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Nah. Nobody is wrong or in denial. It really all depends on personal taste and opinion. We ((the ones who are really excited for TS4)) seem to have a general like mind about playstyle. More often we are TS2 > TS3 it seems too.

Thank you! Best reply yet! I'm excited for TS4 because I think it is a whole new game. It suits my playstyle very well. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I would love to see more replies coming in this thread working through this list because it's really helping to understand where people are coming from and I'm enjoying reading the responses so far.

And it's also interesting just to see how others play the Sims :)

Me too. It is nice to see how others play! :D
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Really! They were so dang needy! :shock: whaa i'm hungry, whaaa i'm tierd, whaaa I need to pee. Very annoying! :D

I'm sorry this made me laugh so loud my cat fell off the stool in that *** moment.

Sorry, I can't say I will buy because it is Sims! It is a refurbished game with so many basic things taken out. Maybe if they lowered the price below 15 dollars. And if it is a new game, then it should have a new name. Sims has a series and this game they are trying to sell isn't about that series.

Well I guess they could call it The Sims 4 Without. It might make more sense.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    OMG, did you actually take my list and go one by one on why you didn't care that they were removed?

Can you say "denial"?

Look it doesn't matter whether you care for a feature or not. The fact is it is RUSHED game where 2 months before go live we still haven't seen any live gameplay videos. You are free to have an opinion, but these are hard facts and that was the entire point of my list.

No! I took your list to see what I would miss in my game play, We all play different. I see out here how some will miss some things and others will miss different things.
    to me it is all a matter of how I play. I play different, just as others do, some like toddlers, some don't, why someone even likes the laundry.
    For myself, I just wanted to see how much I would miss and if it effected my game play.
    Your list is fine and it is good. Nothing has changed on the list, but I needed to decide how these things would effect my game play.
    As you can see, many of us play different. It has nothing to do with your list. The list is about what will not be in the game. So I wanted just to see how that would effect the way I play.
    I did not ask anyone how they felt. It was about how I felt. I did not ask anyone to check the list. That is their own decision. But it is nice to see how everyone plays, I am enjoying how they play. Interesting how some like some things and other like other things.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:

I have found out concerning schools, if is your child is in school now and then stops, you will not be able to pick his traits when he ages up.
    If you have a town without a school when you start, it does not matter and you can choose your sim kids traits when they grow up.

Now you can always change there traits anyway, so it does not matter.
    Have fun with your sims, that is what it is all about anyway. It is just you and your sims having fun your way.

But Evalen, your ways are not my ways, and while I have no problem with how you play and what you do to enjoy a Sim's game, it is all horrific to me to not be able to play 'my' way. I do many things in a single day when I do play The Sims no matter which version. I not only play singles, or families, but make up stories for the entire neighborhood, many different situations, I own the whole town so to speak. I don't just build a house, I build volcanoes, on one single lot, or jungles, or a wooded land where elven people flourish, houses high above the tree tops, space stations beyond the moon which requires cheating in build mode to reach the stars, and I dig dirty dingy, dungeons.

My Sims require me to be able to do all this, I have rarely shared any of this with other players, I may share a starter home or something but I don't share what I build for 'me' to play with my Sims. My Sims may be cave men, or space explorers, or a jungle tribe, and most of what you listed that you can live without out in a base game is the very things I could do in TS2's base game and not so much in TS3's since I didn't like the actual Sim personality, and I don't see me being able to say I can do without all this stuff because and actually enjoy the type of characters I play. I rarely play cookie cutter Sims. Even if you think they are when you see them in my game, there is always something a little different and my ways are not your ways.

I'm glad you can do without that long list but for my characters I can't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar

When I posted it had nothing to do with you or anyone else. It was just to find out if it effected my game play and though I would share it.
    It is not about your play or anyone else.
    It was about my play. I never stated in anything that I said that my way was everyone's else way or the best way. Because the best way is to play your own way'
    It will be me, me alone who will be playing my game and I just needed to find out myself if it these things would effect my game play, not yours or anyone else.
    I am sure as you can see some post here that everyone is different. We all play different and what effects you game play, does not necessary effect my game play.
    It was good for me to sit back and take a good look at how I really play and what these things would mean to my game play.
    Your game play and everyone else's game play is for them to decide how they play.
    Like you said you don't play like me and that is ok. Your game play is not mine. Everyone plays different. Have different needs, have different ideas, make different sims, some like to build, some like to make sim, some don't and that is ok, it is their game play, that is why the Sims is so great. No one plays wrong, we all play the way we like.