Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As a running list I just want to see if

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    OMG, did you actually take my list and go one by one on why you didn't care that they were removed?

Can you say "denial"?

Don't worry. denial is the first stage. Soon she'll go through anger, like we all did. After she'll hit the stage I am right now barganing, seeing if EA might delay it and fix at least part of the issues.

If they don't, depression is next, followed. hopefully, not too long after, by acceptance that The Sims, as we knweit it, it will be over.
  • Options
    fuelieinbluefuelieinblue Posts: 192 Member
    edited July 2014
    My take on the list

NO OPEN WORLD - I'm a little on the fence about this one, but as some one else mentioned, it looks like you will still be able to see all of the neighborhood that you are playing in. And as whole, I think it will make the game less laggy and that's a good thing.

No Story Progression- As long as there's aging, its all good.

No terrain tools - I really only used the pond tool and that was rarely so I don't think I'll miss it.

No hot tubs - I do use these occasionally but most likely they will be added later.

No grocery stores - I never use the grocery store. Will not miss it.

No toddlers - Don't care. I always age them straight away to children anyway.

No create a style - don't use it. It makes my game lag a lot.

No color wheel - I do use this once and a while but I don't think I will miss it.

No laundry - I hate doing laundry IRL, why the **** would I want it in the Sims!?

No garages - Usually I demolish garages if a lot has one on it.

No gardeners for hire - My Sims do their own gardening.

No basements - don't care

No visible jobs/schools - You can't see them in TS3 either unless you do a profession.

No modifications to public places/parks - I rarely modify them anyway.

No favorites (food, color, music) - Don't care

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss pools but hopefully they will be added later.

No rabbit holes at all - Don't care

No private schools - I'm okay with this

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. Don't care

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - I use 64x64 once and a while, but they really are too big, imo.

Fewer floors/levels - I usually have only have 1 or 2 levels anyway.

Incompatible simpoint currency - Not bothered by this

32-bit executable - I do wish it was 64 bit but its not enough to turn me away.

Loading screens for individual lots - Not sure about this, but I think it will be fine

Much smaller "worlds" - I'm good wit this. Huge worlds are laggy.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - This may be a bit strange at first but I think I will get used to it.

So all in all, none of these really concern me and I will be getting the game on Sept. 2 because it looks like something that I will enjoy playing. I may or may not love it but I won't know for sure until I actually play it so I'm going to buy and play it.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    OMG, did you actually take my list and go one by one on why you didn't care that they were removed?

Can you say "denial"?

Don't worry. denial is the first stage. Soon she'll go through anger, like we all did. After she'll hit the stage I am right now barganing, seeing if EA might delay it and fix at least part of the issues.

If they don't, depression is next, followed. hopefully, not too long after, by acceptance that The Sims, as we knweit it, it will be over.

Very cute and funny, thanks it gave me a good laugh. :D
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Cinebar

When I posted it had nothing to do with you or anyone else. It was just to find out if it effected my game play and though I would share it.
    It is not about your play or anyone else.
    It was about my play. I never stated in anything that I said that my way was everyone's else way or the best way. Because the best way is to play your own way'
    It will be me, me alone who will be playing my game and I just needed to find out myself if it these things would effect my game play, not yours or anyone else.
    I am sure as you can see some post here that everyone is different. We all play different and what effects you game play, does not necessary effect my game play.
    It was good for me to sit back and take a good look at how I really play and what these things would mean to my game play.
    Your game play and everyone else's game play is for them to decide how they play.
    Like you said you don't play like me and that is ok. Your game play is not mine. Everyone plays different. Have different needs, have different ideas, make different sims, some like to build, some like to make sim, some don't and that is ok, it is their game play, that is why the Sims is so great. No one plays wrong, we all play the way we like.
    Well said Evalen. Its true that we all play different so certain things aren't going to make much difference if they are left out because I play my own way. Everyone plays there own way that what makes the game fun.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    No open world - Price to pay for a more stable game and populated world.

No story progression - This is something I am upset about, I wish it had been added although I would hope it was better than Sims 3's because essentially mine has been a broken feature for much of my gaming experience. I once had a town dying with only the biological children of the pairing of male couples who were not romantically involved.

No terrain tool - I feel for the builders as this is a blow, but I prefer flat lots.

No hot tubs - Was there even hot tubs in Sims 3 base game? I thought they were added with late night. regardless this can be added later.

No grocery stores - Bah, this is one thing that I can just do online. Easier that loading to a new lot just to grocery shop. I hate the grocery store in RL, why do I want to go there in the game.

No toddlers - This one hurts... but I can live without them until they are added in the future.

No CASt - The reason I loved CASt SOOOO much in Sims 3 was because of how mix matched everything was in Sims 2. You could rarely find a bedroom set that you really liked because nothing ever seemed to match. But then you only had one choice of item color/style for many of the things to choose from. Sims 4 they seem to be trying to add many choices so hopefully everything can be paired off easier. As long as I have choices I think I can life with this.

No color wheel - I consider this part of CASt

No laundry - Again this wasn't in Sims 3 base game... why would it be in this base game.

No garages - Well this goes hand in hand with no cars, it sucks but not the end of the world.

No gardeners - Ummmm this is missing in Sims 3. There was a really good reason for gardeners in Sims 2, your decorative plants were insane and needed LOTS of care. Hopefully insane decorative plants will not be returning and this will be a moot point.

No basements - Basements are ok, but again it wasn't in the base game.

No visible jobs//schools - Rabbit holes, can do without them and I never really wanted to follow my sim to work/school.

No mods to public areas - not ideal but will not affect my gameplay

No favorites - useless feature in Sims 3, maybe it will be added as an awesome functional feature in some Sims 4 EP.

No swimming - This will be added at some point, I can wait.

No private schools - This wasn't in Sims 3 base game. I only ever used this in my game if I had WAY too many kids. Now I wouldn't mind a Sims 2 headmaster type game to get my sim kids into a non boarding private school but it doesn't need to be in the base game.

No foundation mixing - This sucks plain an simple.

Smaller lots - I rarely use the large lots. 40x40 is quite big and 50x50 is plenty large for community lots. And who knows what the future brings.

Fewer floors - This isn't ideal but it can probably be changed in the future either with a cheat (like sims 2) or as a feature.

Simpoints Not Compatible - This sucks, just means I wont be buying anymore simpoints.

Loading screens for lots - Small price to pay for a more stable world and one that can grow.

Smaller worlds - Its only smaller for the base game, future worlds can be added on so if we get a city world, an island world, and a farming world we won't have to choose between them. We can have the best of all worlds!

Teen height - I don't know about anyone else but I was as tall as my mother at about 14 and at full height by 16. So I can understand the mindset of making teens the same height as the adults.

All in all the main concern for me is stability. As long as the game plays well and keep me entertained I think I will be happy. There is a lot I have seen that will be fun to play around with. I will only be super upset if the games functionality is questionable because of stability issues.
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2014
    No open world - I will miss being able to zoom out and see the whole town or be able to snap quickly between my sims at home and my sims out around the town. I always like to know what my sims are doing and control their actions. That said I was willing to cop this in exchange for a richer and more active environment.

No story progression - Dealbreaker. This is something I didn't like in TS3 in the beginning but I got used to it and then with Twallan's mod came to love it. I'm sad that townies will now only age. I also feel like the whole "emotions" and unexpected things happening in the neighbourhood in TS4 is all a lie if there is no story progression then they won't be doing any interesting or meaningful things on their own (like the often talked about bride at the park).

No terrain tool - I liked the interest it adds to the environment. Sad to see it go.

No hot tubs - I like them but not super fussed by this.

No grocery stores - I kind of prefer TS2 style grocery shopping where you can call up and order on the phone (or by computer would be nice).

No toddlers - Dealbreaker. This one sucks a lot! I feel my generational play will suffer because of it :cry:

No CASt - Dealbreaker. I really loved being able to change the look of everything to make different styles of objects/clothes. This will be a big loss for me.

No color wheel - I consider this part of CASt

No laundry - Didn't use this feature in TS3 as it took up lots of time and I hated how sims would leave there clothes all over the floor without a million hampers everywhere.

No garages - Another limitation to build mode.

No gardeners - Would like the option especially for rich sims but not a dealbreaker.

No basements - I don't really use them but my husband uses them a lot as he is a massive collective and likes to make vaults with his collectables so I see how they are important to others.

No visible jobs//schools - I liked the compromise between RH, self-employed and professions. I thought some of the rabbit holes were a bit big but liked the compromise between having playable careers, self-employment and then RH jobs for low maintenance income options. I hope similar options will be available in TS4.

No mods to public areas - Not a fan. I find community/public areas to be the worst designed by EAxis it terms of not being very interesting or nice to look at.

No favorites - Not really effective in TS3 but I liked the way that sims in TS2 had varying interest levels in different topics that effected their conversions/ entertainment so they could have improved on those systems rather than just remove.

No swimming - I'm annoyed that we will most likely have to pay more for this later.

No private schools - I didn't use this feature.

No foundation mixing - A huge blow to build mode options! Really disappointing.

Smaller lots - I prefer larger lots so I have room for large legacy families, outdoor activities, gardens and landscaping. This limitation is annoying.

Fewer floors - Another limitation to build mode :roll:

Simpoints Not Compatible - Not surprising but a one-off transfer option would have been nice for those who have some left over.

Loading screens for lots - I was willing to cop this too for richer and more detailed lots with more activity and smoother gameplay. I do hope that they are not intrusive to gameplay.

Smaller worlds - Not a dealbreaker for me when we can have sims interacting and travelling between worlds (especially as there is a loading screen to go to another lot anyway).

Teen height - I like that it will mean more CAS options for teens but I don't like the pudgier look and the lack of ability to tell the difference between the life stages.

Overall I feel I was willing to be flexible and make sacrifices and embrace new features but they just went too far in what was removed.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I'll miss the open worlds, but I think this new sort of hybrid world will open up some new possibilities.

Grocery stores were kind of redundant anyway, since your sim just has to open the fridge, and there the ingredients are. If they were going to have grocery store, they should make it so your sims actually have to go shopping if they want to cook, or grow the ingredients, not just have it magically appear in the fridge. Maybe an idea for Sims 5? The rest of the rabbit holes I mostly used for work, though I do like having that little "Main Street" in my towns, but I'll reserve judgment until I see the new town as a whole.

I won't deny I'll miss toddlers, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

CASt-meh. I used it some, but it was mostly time consuming, especially after I got enough new content that I didn't have to keep recoloring objects to give it some variety. Again, I'll reserve judgment.

Pools and cars-these were two of my favorite things in TS3, so yes, I will miss them. I'm sure pools will come later, and I can wait. And like the OP said, I do often convert the garage into an additional room. Not a deal breaker.

Story Progression- I hated TS3 SP with a passion, and used a mod instead. I'll be happy to have more control over my town again. No love lost there. I do hope NRaas comes up with something, I do love getting those little notices about what's going on in town, who's dating who, etc. I'll probably feel lost without them.

Terrain tool-not a good builder anyway, so one less thing I'll have to mess with.

Laundry- will probably come later as it did in TS3, but I can live without it. I got sick of all those piles of dirty clothes everywhere, and now I usually take the washing machines out. I've actually converted the laundry mat in Twinbrook into a cute 2 bedroom home, keeping roughly the same color scheme.

Gardeners-we had gardeners?

Basements-Yeah, I'll miss those. I often used them to store vehicles though, so that need has been eliminated. I do often use them to make extra bedrooms or a rec room on smaller lots, though, so I'll probably feel that loss there.

Smaller lots/fewer floors-don't like it, but I can live with it. Might motivate me to finally stop overbreeding my sims and keep my families a reasonable size.

Favorites-pretty pointless anyway. Favorite colors helped with clothing and décor ideas, but other than that I never had any use for these.

32 bit-not computer savvy, so I don't know or care what it means, but I'm half-blind and have a good graphics card, so I don't think it will make a big difference to me.

Smaller worlds/loading screens-I'm hoping this means new worlds will be annexed on, and we won't have to keep coming up with new household ideas to get our money's worth out of the gazillion worlds created in TS3, or be forced to actually play the sub worlds, instead of say, shipping a kid off to college, and then going back home and playing the rest of the family. I think there's a lot of great possibilities here, provided they've left room to grow. If they haven't, then I might have issues with this. Besides, with all the complaints EA got about the lagging and crashing in TS3, I'm really not surprised they decided to get back to basics here. It'll probably be frustrating at first, for those of us spoiled by the open worlds, but I think I can get used to it.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen

to me it is all a matter of how I play. I play different, just as others do, some like toddlers, some don't, why someone even likes the laundry.
    For myself, I just wanted to see how much I would miss and if it effected my game play.
    Your list is fine and it is good. Nothing has changed on the list, but I needed to decide how these things would effect my game play.
    As you can see, many of us play different. It has nothing to do with your list. The list is about what will not be in the game. So I wanted just to see how that would effect the way I play.
    I did not ask anyone how they felt. It was about how I felt. I did not ask anyone to check the list. That is their own decision. But it is nice to see how everyone plays, I am enjoying how they play. Interesting how some like some things and other like other things.
    [/quote]

Hi Evalen, I can get your point, you are only interested on your way of playing and that is legitimate, may be not too much etical but legitimate.

You said each one plays in a different way and no one plays the wrong way... well I can see you have not thought that my way of playing has turned to be the wrong one now and that is what made me disappointed.

If the fact that we all could play our own different way with not a "wrong way of playing" made this game the great game it has been till now, it is easy to see that if now the way of playing of those who do use open world, cast, pools, toddlers, terrain tools, five stories building, ponds, story progression, and so on has become "the wrong way of playing", the game will never be the great game it has been and it means the game has been degradated from "A Great Game" to a funny game that only matches some one´s way of playing that does not require too much
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is a good post for those that are on the fence trying to still make up their minds if they want the game. Not a bad idea so I will give this a shot. I might have taken some of other peoples words here because they reflect how I feel too.

No open world and loading screens - I will miss being able to zoom out and see the whole town or be able to snap quickly between my sims at home and my sims out around the town. I always like to know what my sims are doing. I am also worried about the loading screens because Sims 3 was my first experience and I have never had to deal with that. I wonder if more EP's will make those longer although I am not sure why it would. You are loading each lot so unless you have tons of stuff on the lot, extra EP's won't matter (right?), but loading the game would. I am not a programmer so I don't know just seems to make sense. Hopefully this will mean less lag and better performance and more going on at each lot. Pros and cons to this feature so on the fence.

No story progression - My Sims never did anything but age in my game. I just started using Twallans mod and so far it is pretty awesome so now I think this is something I might miss where before it didn't matter because my Sims were just aging and dying anyway. I guess my thing here is: What are my emotional Sims going to be doing? Staring at a wall unless I play them? Although I am all for rotational game play and this is what really draws me to the game, I feel like now it is forced for my town to progress. So for me this is good and bad. On the fence.

No terrain tool - I liked the interest it adds to the environment but I never did much with it. This feature was something I didn't mess with much but now all we will have is flat land. Kind of sad to see it go but again it might mean Sims won't get stuck and therefore less lag. This one I can live without.

No hot tubs - I like them but I think they will be added later and I use them very little so no loss here. I can live without this.

No grocery stores - Sims 3 is the only game I have played and the grocery store is just a rabbit hole. You go there and a list comes up asking you what you want to buy so if they have computer buying of food or delivery I will be happy. I can live without it.

No toddlers - I do like the toddlers and I do think I will miss them to some extent but to be honest I didn't like having to teach them to talk, walk, and potty train them. I did like rocking them and reading them to sleep because it was so cute but I really didn't do much with toddlers. Once I have them talking, walking, etc. I don't mess with them much. So while they will be missed as a life stage. I can live without them.

No CASt - I do like being able to change things in the game but I have stopped using the patterns because it takes to long to load. I have now started to delete much of my custom patterns due to it just taking so long and reverting to using what is already in the game. While this is a loss, I can live without it.

No color wheel - This for me is a HUGE loss. I love to color everything in the game and I love to be able to highlight all the hair and have so many choices in eye colors etc. I think I am going to really miss this feature. Not a deal breaker but sad to see it go. Bummed about this loss.

No laundry - I LOVE this feature and it will be a loss for me. It just made it more realistic and I don't know why but I love doing laundry. Bummed about this loss.

No garages - I don't use garages in my games except to turn them into bedrooms. This I can live without.

No gardeners - Never had a gardener- Sims 3 was my first game so can't say I am going to miss something I never had. This I can live without.

No basements - I have never used a basement in my game. I do have them and always plan to use them but in the end I never do. I didn't like how they were black all around them either so it never seemed like they were part of the house. This I can live without.

No visible jobs//schools - I liked the options of being able to choose between RH, self-employed and professions. I thought some of the rabbit holes were a way to big but liked the having some playable careers, self-employment and then RH jobs for low maintenance income options. I hope similar options will be available in TS4. On the fence.

No mods to public areas - I never changed one park in my games so I guess I won't miss not being able to. I can live without this.

No favorites - Not really effective in TS3. Never saw the point. I will not miss this.

No swimming - I think in the last 3 years that I have owned this game I have gone swimming once. I won't miss this.

No private schools - I didn't know there were private schools so I won't miss this.

No foundation mixing - Don't understand this. My houses either have a foundation or they don't. Not sure what this means so I guess I won't miss it.

Smaller lots - I am okay with this as normally the biggest lot I play on is 40x40. I just hope there is enough of those sizes because I really don't like the extremely small lots. So depends on what they mean by smaller and how many we will have compared to bigger lots. On the fence.

Fewer floors - I hate playing more than 2 floors in my houses, probably why I don' use basements much. I think it is tedious going up and down the stairs and I play huge families so I would prefer they were all on one level. This I can live without.

Simpoints Not Compatible - Not surprising but a one-off transfer option would have been nice for those who have some left over. Agreed, but I can live without this.

Smaller worlds - I have mixed feelings about this. In some ways it will be nice because it will be easier to keep track of everyone in town but is my Legacy going to fit? On the fence.

Teen height - I like that it will mean more CAS options for teens but I don't like the pudgier look and the lack of ability to tell the difference between the life stages. On the fence.

As you can see I am on the fence about many things. I will have to continue to analyze how I feel as we get new information. I am keeping this list on word. Thanks for getting me started so I can sort out how I feel about this game. Bottom line: I think I need to see game play.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    junceda wrote:
    Evalen

to me it is all a matter of how I play. I play different, just as others do, some like toddlers, some don't, why someone even likes the laundry.
    For myself, I just wanted to see how much I would miss and if it effected my game play.
    Your list is fine and it is good. Nothing has changed on the list, but I needed to decide how these things would effect my game play.
    As you can see, many of us play different. It has nothing to do with your list. The list is about what will not be in the game. So I wanted just to see how that would effect the way I play.
    I did not ask anyone how they felt. It was about how I felt. I did not ask anyone to check the list. That is their own decision. But it is nice to see how everyone plays, I am enjoying how they play. Interesting how some like some things and other like other things.

Hi Evalen, I can get your point, you are only interested on your way of playing and that is legitimate, may be not too much etical but legitimate.

You said each one plays in a different way and no one plays the wrong way... well I can see you have not thought that my way of playing has turned to be the wrong one now and that is what made me disappointed.

If the fact that we all could play our own different way with not a "wrong way of playing" made this game the great game it has been till now, it is easy to see that if now the way of playing of those who do use open world, cast, pools, toddlers, terrain tools, five stories building, ponds, story progression, and so on has become "the wrong way of playing", the game will never be the great game it has been and it means the game has been degradated from "A Great Game" to a funny game that only matches some one´s way of playing that does not require too much[/quote]

Definition of ethical standards: Principles that when followed, promote values
    such as trust, good behavior, fairness, and/or kindness.
    I stated that their was no wrong way for a person to play sims. Nothing I said meant the way of playing of those who do use open world, cast, pools, toddlers, terrain tools, five stories building, ponds, story progression, and so on has become "the wrong way of playing",[b] You have taken it out of Constance My post was not about you and what you would be missing in your game. My post was allabout how those things would effect my game play, so I could determine if I would buy it or not.
    You have decided that it would effect your game play.
    It is not my job to determine how the game would effect your play, It is your job to consider what the game has to offer you for game play.
    If that sounds unkind to you, it is not meant to be.
    It would be shellfish of me to expect you or anyone else not to buy a game because I don't like it because of what is missing or it will effect my game play.
    I only checked out the list to see if the missing things would effect my gameplay, in order to see if I should buy it.
    If there are things about the Sims 4 that you feel will not let you play your game the way that you want then I pray that you do get the things you do want.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    I Will really miss any of them

NO OPEN WORLD - but I will be open public places

No Story Progression, well I believe that I only cared about everyone aging anyway. not sure what story progression is all about. My sims do not move out, I play a generation game, but they all live together. I only have one child per parents, so it never exceeds mother, father, child, grand parents, a total of 5 sims, and that does not last long because the grandparents are usually gone by then. but if I like the elders in Sims 4 better, then I will make their life longer. having the child with grandparents longer would be nice. real family like.

No terrain tools - I never cared for what they gave us anyway in Sims 3 but some day would like to have real terrain tools to make roads and things, hope we do get some kind of CAW tool to be able to make new worlds or neighborhoods in the near future.

No hot tubs - Well I do like the hot tub but I can wait

No grocery stores - I hated the RH anyway. I am sure we will be able to buy food, I am hoping for cash registers.

No toddlers - to be truthful toddlers were cute, but that is about it. I would rather adopt a child then work with a toddler in my game.

No create a style I can live with that from what I have seen.

No color wheel I can live with that too.

No laundry - I hated them, hardly ever put them in my homes. did not want my sims to spend to much time doing housework.

No garages - Well I thought that I saw a garage, but anyway I always turned my garage into a play room, or den. Had a parking spot, but mostly my sims kept them in their stuff.

No gardeners for hire - Don't need a gardener, I like my sims to garden and from what I read it will be even better.

No basements - I can wait

No visible jobs/schools - they were RH anyway, no different to me as I took out all the schools and city hall. My sims did not work or my sim kids go to school. That is the way I like to play, I want them to have fun, not spend half the day in some RH. Oh yes, my sims don't work, so they will not be going to work so no loading for that one for me.

No modifications to public places/parks - I can make my own Park or Garden if I like on another lot. Park is big enough if we get festivals in the future.

No favorites (food, color, music) - To me it they were useless anyway. Maybe with the new emotions and they taste a food there will be a reaction to it.

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss swimming, but I can wait, and there are fountains. I do like pools, but I can wait, sometimes I hate that I put a pool in, because my sims don't want to do anything else, it is like the sprinkler and it drives me nuts and I am sure we will have sprinklers as we will have gardens.

No rabbit holes at all - happy about that one off the screen or not.

No private schools - Never sent my kids to private school.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - I never liked foundations, I always made houses without foundations so this does not bother me at all. I only hope that houses that have foundation, that I will be able to make them not have one. change it to a ground level home.

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Oh my gosh I hated 64x64 lots, especially when they place a school on it, such a wasted space. I love 40x40 lots the most.

Fewer floors/levels - I like and mostly only play one floor level homes.

Incompatible simpoint currency - If this is true, then I will use the points I have on my Sims 3, Where is this confirmed.

32-bit executable - I am not worried about this, I do have a 64-bit and my computer is not a year old yet. I have a Alienware and love it. I think that the sims is 32 bit now, not sure I am not a guru, but my Sims 3 plays great, I have no trouble with it, so I am hoping that the Sims 4 will play just as good, if not better.

Loading screens for individual lots - My computer loads fast, if it is a short loading I won't mind at all, it is something I will have to wait and see, as all our computers are different. I hope that everyone has a short loading screen in their game.

Much smaller "worlds" Oh my I love small worlds, I can play larger worlds but they are to overwhelming to me. I would rather play a smaller world, I just might love this. most of the worlds I play are 512 size. I would rather play them. But I do like small Islands and hope we get them in the future.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Well it will be nice in a way, they can all wear the same clothes, as I have always wanted something that the Adult had for my teen, and I am hoping that the elders can wear the same clothes too, although the elders look so much better in the sims 4, I am going to like playing with them better. they have said that teens do look a little different. In real life, teens are sometimes taller the their parents. I think the teens are old in Sims 4, not sure of that on.

Well that's about it. It is the way I play. We are all different so a lot of things don't really matter to me. I can wait for some things I like and will love them much better when I get them. There is not to much that disappoints me in the Sims 4. I have seen so much included that I like to use anyway.

Hope you all find and get what you want and like to play your game.

It's great EA can rip you off fans and not even need to explain itself.

Fans will not only still buy it, but will make excuses for the company!

No wonder they feel they can get away with anything.

^ :thumbup:
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    I Will really miss any of them

NO OPEN WORLD - but I will be open public places

No Story Progression, well I believe that I only cared about everyone aging anyway. not sure what story progression is all about. My sims do not move out, I play a generation game, but they all live together. I only have one child per parents, so it never exceeds mother, father, child, grand parents, a total of 5 sims, and that does not last long because the grandparents are usually gone by then. but if I like the elders in Sims 4 better, then I will make their life longer. having the child with grandparents longer would be nice. real family like.

No terrain tools - I never cared for what they gave us anyway in Sims 3 but some day would like to have real terrain tools to make roads and things, hope we do get some kind of CAW tool to be able to make new worlds or neighborhoods in the near future.

No hot tubs - Well I do like the hot tub but I can wait

No grocery stores - I hated the RH anyway. I am sure we will be able to buy food, I am hoping for cash registers.

No toddlers - to be truthful toddlers were cute, but that is about it. I would rather adopt a child then work with a toddler in my game.

No create a style I can live with that from what I have seen.

No color wheel I can live with that too.

No laundry - I hated them, hardly ever put them in my homes. did not want my sims to spend to much time doing housework.

No garages - Well I thought that I saw a garage, but anyway I always turned my garage into a play room, or den. Had a parking spot, but mostly my sims kept them in their stuff.

No gardeners for hire - Don't need a gardener, I like my sims to garden and from what I read it will be even better.

No basements - I can wait

No visible jobs/schools - they were RH anyway, no different to me as I took out all the schools and city hall. My sims did not work or my sim kids go to school. That is the way I like to play, I want them to have fun, not spend half the day in some RH. Oh yes, my sims don't work, so they will not be going to work so no loading for that one for me.

No modifications to public places/parks - I can make my own Park or Garden if I like on another lot. Park is big enough if we get festivals in the future.

No favorites (food, color, music) - To me it they were useless anyway. Maybe with the new emotions and they taste a food there will be a reaction to it.

No swimming / swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. - I will miss swimming, but I can wait, and there are fountains. I do like pools, but I can wait, sometimes I hate that I put a pool in, because my sims don't want to do anything else, it is like the sprinkler and it drives me nuts and I am sure we will have sprinklers as we will have gardens.

No rabbit holes at all - happy about that one off the screen or not.

No private schools - Never sent my kids to private school.

All buildings on a lot must either have/have not a foundation. No mixing. - I never liked foundations, I always made houses without foundations so this does not bother me at all. I only hope that houses that have foundation, that I will be able to make them not have one. change it to a ground level home.

Smaller lots. Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. - Oh my gosh I hated 64x64 lots, especially when they place a school on it, such a wasted space. I love 40x40 lots the most.

Fewer floors/levels - I like and mostly only play one floor level homes.

Incompatible simpoint currency - If this is true, then I will use the points I have on my Sims 3, Where is this confirmed.

32-bit executable - I am not worried about this, I do have a 64-bit and my computer is not a year old yet. I have a Alienware and love it. I think that the sims is 32 bit now, not sure I am not a guru, but my Sims 3 plays great, I have no trouble with it, so I am hoping that the Sims 4 will play just as good, if not better.

Loading screens for individual lots - My computer loads fast, if it is a short loading I won't mind at all, it is something I will have to wait and see, as all our computers are different. I hope that everyone has a short loading screen in their game.

Much smaller "worlds" Oh my I love small worlds, I can play larger worlds but they are to overwhelming to me. I would rather play a smaller world, I just might love this. most of the worlds I play are 512 size. I would rather play them. But I do like small Islands and hope we get them in the future.

Teens are same height as adults and they along with elders all look nearly identical. - Well it will be nice in a way, they can all wear the same clothes, as I have always wanted something that the Adult had for my teen, and I am hoping that the elders can wear the same clothes too, although the elders look so much better in the sims 4, I am going to like playing with them better. they have said that teens do look a little different. In real life, teens are sometimes taller the their parents. I think the teens are old in Sims 4, not sure of that on.

Well that's about it. It is the way I play. We are all different so a lot of things don't really matter to me. I can wait for some things I like and will love them much better when I get them. There is not to much that disappoints me in the Sims 4. I have seen so much included that I like to use anyway.

It's great EA can rip you off fans and not even need to explain itself.

Fans will not only still buy it, but will make excuses for the company!

No wonder they feel they can get away with anything.

^ :thumbup:

Because obviously taking out things that we for most part didn't like from TS3 means we're being ripped off. :roll:

Your opinion is your opinion but stop acting like it's fact. I'm not being ripped off. This is sounding like the game I wish TS3 was. Maybe not for you and that's cool too but it is for me and dude I'm not changing my opinion because someone on the internet is telling me "What you like is a rip off".
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:

Because obviously taking out things that we for most part didn't like from TS3 means we're being ripped off. :roll:

Haahaha!

Yes. We all hate pools and toddlers. Cars not being decor? Why? All cars should always be decor! We all love loading screens. We could stare at them all day long. And 5 lot neighborhoods. And solid, block hair. And we all hate colors! All colors but the 18 we are provided. Terrain tools? Loathsome! GET THAT HILL AWAY FROM ME!

What I love the most is the whole neighborhood does nothing but wait for death to come. My favorite!

But, then again, a game not Beta tested is the best! Because, obviously, TS3 didn't provide enough bugs! We need MOAR! Let's just skip Beta altogether.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

Haahaha!

Yes. We all hate pools and toddlers. Cars not being decor? Why? All cars should always be decor! We all love loading screens. We could stare at them all day long. And 5 lot neighborhoods. And solid, block hair. And we all hate colors! All colors but the 18 we are provided. Terrain tools? Loathsome! GET THAT HILL AWAY FROM ME!

What I love the most is the whole neighborhood does nothing but wait for death to come. My favorite!

But, then again, a game not Beta tested is the best! Because, obviously, TS3 didn't provide enough bugs! We need MOAR! Let's just skip Beta altogether.

OMG this would be funny if it wasn't all true... :x
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

Haahaha!

Yeah there are people who didn't like toddlers. ((I like toddlers but I HATE SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD, loading screens > big maps for me))

How dare someone not like what you like! Ludicrous right? :mrgreen:
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Yeah there are people who didn't like toddlers. ((I like toddlers but I HATE SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD, loading screens > big maps for me))

You know what is ludicrous? You hate TS3. Which took five years to make and it was its own thing. Now, basically, the same team is making TS4. And they were given 18 - 24 months to make it, from the remains of a failed online game. They themselves admit they are not having enough time to put in what they had planned. Rodiek himself admits the game isn't even finished when it should be finishing Beta.

None of TS3 improvements are there and half of TS2 improvements are missing.

And you expect it to be any BETTER than TS3?

Now that's ludicrous.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    When life gives you lemons, freeze them and throw them at EA.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:

I understand it wasn't by intention, but that line sounds a bit insesnitive after a long post about how you don't care about the cuts.

Also, I don't know what you want us to say. Good for you that your favourite features didn't get cut? Where's the empathy for the people who were less fortunate?

And I have to ask, are you actually an older woman or is that just your icon? Because I feel really uncomfortable arguing with elders so I feel guilty whenever I disagree with you. :?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

Yeah, I never expected EA to have all the added content or even most of the content from the expansions in TS4. I remember how bored I was with the base games of TS2 and TS3 (after the initial run around to see/try everything).
    Still, I kept playing them on and off while still playing The Sims and TS2. So, I expect not to be overwhelmed with WOW this time... I expect to keep playing my older games while playing some of TS4.

All this... arguing- so reminds me of the BBS at the news of TS3. No matter how things change- there we go. :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    pguida wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

You know what is ludicrous? You hate TS3. Which took five years to make and it was its own thing. Now, basically, the same team is making TS4. And they were given 18 - 24 months to make it, from the remains of a failed online game. They themselves admit they are not having enough time to put in what they had planned. Rodiek himself admits the game isn't even finished when it should be finishing Beta.

Now that's ludicrous.

I love the sims 3 and my game plays great, I do not use mods or CC. I do not crash or lag. I have all the EXps except Supernatural and that is because I don't care to play with them. I did not buy the cars thing as I did not find it to my liking,
    It is ok, that some don't like it.
    I did this list to see just how it would effect me as I played the sims 4. I guess I play different. Take garages, my sims always carried their cars with them around, never parked in the garage, so I made the garages into dens and play rooms.
    I love toddlers in real life, but in my sims game they were to needy, I understand that some like to play with the toddlers and I hope that they put them in.
    Pools, if the sims were real I would have been fighting with them, all my sims wanted to do was get in the pool, even before eating, they would have to be starving to get out to eat. I had to make them get out to do other things, and the cell phone, they are as bad as the teen today.
    All in all I love the sims and have been playing from the very beginning, I am sorry that so many find the things that are missing will not allow them to play the way they want. I do hope that they all get what they want. Because The Sims is an amazing game.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Nah. Nobody is wrong or in denial. It really all depends on personal taste and opinion. We ((the ones who are really excited for TS4)) seem to have a general like mind about playstyle. More often we are TS2 > TS3 it seems too.

I wonder if that's true or a coincidence. I'm TS2>TS3 too but that doesn't mean I'm willing to excuse EA for a rushed game, or the fact they're removing things that are important to a lot of *other* people, even if those things don't personally concern me.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:

Now that's ludicrous.

I love the sims 3 and my game plays great, I do not use mods or CC.

Me too. Don't get me wrong. I love TS3. But those who bash it have to be out of it if they think remains of a failed online game, with no time for Beta testing, put together in under two years will be any better than TS3, which was properly developed over 5 years and had major new features everywhere.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: That seriously made me burst out laughing :lol:
  • Options
    horseman1952ahorseman1952a Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2014
    LMAO You are too funny! :P Thanks for the laughs!
    Maxis/EA, get a clue. A large number of people like family play not swinging singles stuff.
    Update: I finally fixed all of my frustrations with TS4...I uninstalled it! :#
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    TS3 was good in it's own right and I'm glad people enjoy it. I mainly only play it because my computer won't play TS2 which is my favorite. And yeah maybe it's crazy to some but the reasons I dislike TS3 seem to be taken out or compromised in TS4. Can't say about bugs or glitches because I haven't played TS4 yet ((and TS3 was full of it so not like it'd be different if it shipped with them)) but no open world and much better sounding game itself ((Stand up comedy career, NO rabbit holes! <3, Hilarious deaths, that emotion system that I happen to like the way it is shown and described, way better CAS and graphics style, etc.)) I'd rather have bugs and all that than bugs and TS3 features I happen to hate.

Yeah sounds like The Sims game I have always wanted even with no toddlers and I don't care about pools or drivable cars as I never really use that ((I see them returning in the future anyway hopefully better so I can want to mess around with them))

So if you want to be sad that I am happy about things go ahead. I have no problems with people liking open worlds and CASt and whatever the hell they want but I will by no means feel guilty that I'm in the minority that hate these things and glad they're gone. Because I also have a right to feel like I feel just like you have a right. Just think it's laughable that people think everyone else has to have their same opinions or else they are sheep or somehow inferior. Nahhh.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif