Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Public Area of Sims 4 Pic?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    ... nowhere do I see any vacant lots in this World at all.
    I haven't seen any vacant lots, either. With only five lots available per neighborhood for housing, I'm betting we'd have to bulldoze one of those beautiful houses in order to have a vacant lot. Or maybe there's only one vacant lot per neighborhood, but they just don't show it in the screenshots because it's boring.

I have to say, though, the neighborhood DOES look beautiful! I can't believe they made that beautiful steam boat and didn't make it usable, though. :(
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

I have a very serious question, go back and look at the pictures in this thread. Where are the preplaced vacant lots in these neighborhoods? There are none. The street he shows in the first picture is full of EA houses. Think about this, the houses across the street are probably considered the second neighborhood. Remember 'neighborhoods' have One to Five Lots then you are in a 'different' neighborhood with a loading screen. May be a short walk across the street but Bam loading screen, and no where do I see any vacant lots in this World at all.

The fact that you don't see them in the publicity photos does not worry me they won't be there. It would be pretty silly to brag about a gallery of player submissions including houses if there is no ability to build houses. It would be pretty silly to offer a "new advanced" build tool with no means to use it.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    My only problem is the nomenclature chosen to define these things. Willow Creek should not be called a World. It should be called more accurately a town or community. The world should be the collection of towns or communities that the game will eventually be expanded into.

Totally agree. Willow Creek should be called a town with 5 neighborhoods + 1 park

A world should be a collection of towns like Willow Creek

Other than that I like the view and look of neighborhood regardless to their limit. They are just nice to view at least from the few pics we have seen

I agree that it should be called a town, but the fact is it is being treated like a town which is all that really matters. Because of the small hoods all of our "worlds" can be accessed by our sims. So if we get a second "world" we will not have just the 6 neighborhoods of willow creek, we will have them plus how ever many neighborhoods come with the second "world". For me this is why when I heard about the smaller hoods I was excited. No more having to choose between worlds, you can have the best of all of them. And our worlds will expand with eps and dlc rather than making you have to cram everything into an older world that you love.

To reference the "world" stacking:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    That picture does show part of the public spaces because the street and sidewalk are part of the public spaces but I got the impression that they all some other kind of public spaces like..
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/02/the-sims-4-loading-screens-the-world-explained/
    The two pictures on the right show public spaces, one is a playground and the other is a lake or river probably good for fishing.
    Also if you want to see that neighborhood zoomed out..
    b0904be3-1ee6-43c2-8d94-9ceceb5e9481.jpg
    You can see a bit more public space. Not too special looking but this is just one of the hoods.

thanks for the pictures, love the public place with the duck pond, hope we can fish in it. I guess you can walk every where around the neighborhood except on lots. So it seems the whole neighborhood it's self is open, unless you go to a lot.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Sincerbox wrote:
    Keeping in mind this is only one of 5 public areas as there is one per neighborhood not counting the 6th which is the park.

I actually see a lot of potential for this design beyond the base game. It has been reported that travel to another neighborhood is no different than travel time to another neighborhood in another world.

Assuming two available worlds at release. Willow Creek and some as yet unannounced world one now has 12 neighborhoods to work with 10 of which can be used to build houses and new community lot types.

Looking to the future I cannot believe they will not eventually offer some sort of CAW tool. And no doubt they will be developing additional worlds or future expansions.

My only problem is the nomenclature chosen to define these things. Willow Creek should not be called a World. It should be called more accurately a town or community. The world should be the collection of towns or communities that the game will eventually be expanded into.

I have a very serious question, go back and look at the pictures in this thread. Where are the preplaced vacant lots in these neighborhoods? There are none. The street he shows in the first picture is full of EA houses. Think about this, the houses across the street are probably considered the second neighborhood. Remember 'neighborhoods' have One to Five Lots then you are in a 'different' neighborhood with a loading screen. May be a short walk across the street but Bam loading screen, and no where do I see any vacant lots in this World at all.

I do not see any vacant lots in this neighborhood, but I am planning on deleting houses anyway. I have not seen any other neighborhoods, so I do not know for sure if there are any empty lots. I guess it depends on what neighborhood you are playing. I see that one we have been looking at for quite awhile. it does not have any community lots, so I am not sure what neighborhood I will be living in. May not leave the neighborhood unless I go to a community lot, I don't think that I am worried about the RH out in space so to say, as my sims do not work, so might have to go to the Hosp. unless she gives birth at home. Or perhaps the city Hall for something.
    do wish that we could see all the neighborhoods. And of also some game play. Hoping to see these things in Aug. Some people say after Gamescom or something like that.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014

There is one big possibility that the lots which are to be purchased are not empty! means there are trees in the vacant lots to add more beauty to the neighborhood.

For example in the below picture on the right side there is a bench and there is a big tree. this could be an empty lot. maybe once you purchase it you can sell whatever there and build your house or maybe once you buy it, it becomes empty. that is just speculation

on the left side too you can see empty lots with trees across the river. that can be just decoration or could be an empty neighborhood!!

b0904be3-1ee6-43c2-8d94-9ceceb5e9481.jpg
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    azul662azul662 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    I read that you can follow your sim as he/she jogs around the neighborhood. From that prospective the only time you get a loading screen is if you go to a private lot (like a neighbor) or going to another neighborhood - all the other public places have no loading screens