Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Public Area of Sims 4 Pic?

I think this might be the public area which does not need loading screen.
It is the area in front of your house and other houses in the neighborhood

tumblr_n87a1oHITE1sh6xelo4_1280.jpg

Makes sense it is this one as you cant edit it or add objects to it.
So basically the public area is your neighborhood road. Maybe when your sim wants to go into one of these lots the loading screen will come up and that lot will become your active lot while the public area will still be accessible.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014

So basically the public area is your neighborhood road. Maybe when your sim wants to go into one of these lots the loading screen will come up and that lot will become your active lot while the public area will still be accessible.

Yeah kinda does,doesnt it? :lol:
    :thumbup:
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    So the pavement and road?
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Badmagic wrote:

If that's it, then the public area is more limited than even my most pessimistic thoughts imagined it would be. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    That is my guess too, though I understand that the 6th hood (the park) is always accesible also without loading screen, can anybody explain this for sure?
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    BosniaFTWBosniaFTW Posts: 1,192 New Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

If that's it, then the public area is more limited than even my most pessimistic thoughts imagined it would be. :(

Don't worry! I'm sure that there are some skinny plots of grass between lots that we can go to without loading screens :roll:
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2014
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

Don't worry! I'm sure that there are some skinny plots of grass between lots that we can go to without loading screens :roll:

Isn't the whole neighborhood open, meaning that you can travel around the lots and houses in your neighborhood of up the 5 lots without loading?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    junceda wrote:
    That is my guess too, though I understand that the 6th hood (the park) is always accesible also without loading screen, can anybody explain this for sure?
    I've seen people speculating this also but I didn't see an official statement, if it is true it would mean in all towns the park or its equivalent are going to be the 'main' area with all roads leading to it.

Not happy.

edit~ Additional
    Simmer999 wrote:
    Isn't the whole neighborhood open, meaning that you can travel around the lots and houses in your neighborhood of up the 5 lots without loading?
    From the little we have seen 5 lots would seem to be one side of a street at most, maybe a cul-de-sac with two either side and one at the end depending on what the layout is.

Its all seems to be speculation until EA makes full accurate non-retracted statements at this point.
  • Options
    BosniaFTWBosniaFTW Posts: 1,192 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

Nope, the only thing you can access without loading screens is the lot you've already loaded and the public space (roads and grassy areas) within that 5 lot neighborhood. Going to another lot requires a loading screen, even if it's in the same neighborhood.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

No, you have to load between every lot within the neighbourhood.

I think there are larger grassy areas in other neighbourhoods than this one because they've said some parks are on public areas, and we've seen the small sand paths etc. behind the Goth house. So it won't *just* be the road, but the road is part of the public area.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry, did you say every lot...

Every lot?

Is there a stage between dealbreaker and get the torches, pitchforks and rope?
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2014
    Badmagic wrote:

Every lot?

I think that stage is denial, anger, and tears.

But yes, they have confirmed a loading screen between EVERY SINGLE LOT.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

Every lot?

I think that stage is denial, anger, and tears.

But yes, they have confirmed a loading screen between EVERY SINGLE LOT.

Here's a cheery song you can think of when you're playing Sims 4 and you want to go to a lot.
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/loadingscreens.html
    :lol:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    You can see more of that public space in one of the trailers, I think the Stories trailer. There's also a relatively large grassy area surrounding the houses, including a park.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    BosniaFTW wrote:

Nope, the only thing you can access without loading screens is the lot you've already loaded and the public space (roads and grassy areas) within that 5 lot neighborhood. Going to another lot requires a loading screen, even if it's in the same neighborhood.

I am afraid that would drive me completely nuts. :cry: And I kinda figured that was how things would work. :cry: I don't NEED a loading screen, my computer doesn't NEED a loading screen. This computer handles the towns in sims 3 just fine, even after I've jam-packed each town with 30 extra lots and households.
    Badmagic wrote:

Every lot?

:lol: For me, no. I knew what the absence of casT meant as soon as I heard about it: four years of staring at the same shade of white windows and yellow siding, and everybody wearing the same dumb clothes. ALL THE TIME. FOR FOUR YEARS. ugh. You can personalize the faces all you want, but they'll still be wearing the exact same clothes while sitting on the exact same sofa as everybody else. Did I say ugh? I meant:

UGH.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    The public area is your whole neighborhood, the road and surrounding of the few lots in that hood.

Now I think neighborhood sizes will be the same but the lot sizes within each neighborhood will be different. The lots sizes will affect the public areas space size.
    The bigger the lots and the houses in a neighborhood the smaller will be the public area of that neighborhood.

To your sims, think of the lots in the neighborhood as rabbit holes that you cannot access without a loading screen.

to make it easier:

Sims 4 neighborhood is a smaller version of Sims 3 open world but without the ability to enter the lot without a loading screen
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    junceda wrote:

No, As you said the park is the biggest lot in Sims 4 and it is the size of a neighborhood. You cant enter it without a loading screen
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

No traveling from any lot to another even within the same neighborhood will require a loading screen.

Except for the public area which I believe is what in the picture you cannot go anywhere else without a loading screen
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014

Exactly, the public area is the great outdoors outside your Sims house. No editing of any kind. Which includes no adding or subtracting any lots.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

No you get a loading screen every time you change lot, this has been confirmed.

The public areas are, I believe, everything that is not a User editable Lot plus the park that takes up most of a Hood.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    There can be two theories surrounding accessing the different lots in the same neighborhood:

1- Sims can access the garden and the outer space of the lot but when trying to enter that lot an option comes up if the sim would like to enter that lot, if accepted a loading screen comes up. Its like Sims 3 where you can get into the open areas of the lot but if you want to enter that house and to see everything inside you have to ring the bell or knock the door.

2- The lot is just a complete decoration in the neighborhood. Sim cannot access the whole lot including its garden or open spaces and once you click on it the option to load up the lot will come up.

Of course both are theories but I believe that No.1 would be more probable as I can see Sims everywhere in the few pictures we have seen including the one in this thread
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    BosniaFTW wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

No you get a loading screen every time you change lot, this has been confirmed.

The public areas are, I believe, everything that is not a User editable Lot plus the park that takes up most of a Hood.

There is only one park in Sims 4 which is the size of a neighborhood. It is only accessible via a loading screen.

Public area might have small parks with one object or two.

for example this picture shows a lot and its surroundings. The surrounding is public area including that space with the two big trees

PCG257.feat_sims.build5_.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2014
    Keeping in mind this is only one of 5 public areas as there is one per neighborhood not counting the 6th which is the park.

I actually see a lot of potential for this design beyond the base game. It has been reported that travel to another neighborhood is no different than travel time to another neighborhood in another world.

Assuming two available worlds at release. Willow Creek and some as yet unannounced world one now has 12 neighborhoods to work with 10 of which can be used to build houses and new community lot types.

Looking to the future I cannot believe they will not eventually offer some sort of CAW tool. And no doubt they will be developing additional worlds or future expansions.

My only problem is the nomenclature chosen to define these things. Willow Creek should not be called a World. It should be called more accurately a town or community. The world should be the collection of towns or communities that the game will eventually be expanded into.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:
    Keeping in mind this is only one of 5 public areas as there is one per neighborhood not counting the 6th which is the park.

I actually see a lot of potential for this design beyond the base game. It has been reported that travel to another neighborhood is no different than travel time to another neighborhood in another world.

Assuming two available worlds at release. Willow Creek and some as yet unannounced world one now has 12 neighborhoods to work with 10 of which can be used to build houses and new community lot types.

Looking to the future I cannot believe they will not eventually offer some sort of CAW tool. And no doubt they will be developing additional worlds or future expansions.

My only problem is the nomenclature chosen to define these things. Willow Creek should not be called a World. It should be called more accurately a town or community. The world should be the collection of towns or communities that the game will eventually be expanded into.

I have a very serious question, go back and look at the pictures in this thread. Where are the preplaced vacant lots in these neighborhoods? There are none. The street he shows in the first picture is full of EA houses. Think about this, the houses across the street are probably considered the second neighborhood. Remember 'neighborhoods' have One to Five Lots then you are in a 'different' neighborhood with a loading screen. May be a short walk across the street but Bam loading screen, and no where do I see any vacant lots in this World at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    That picture does show part of the public spaces because the street and sidewalk are part of the public spaces but I got the impression that they all some other kind of public spaces like..
    http://simsvip.com/2014/07/02/the-sims-4-loading-screens-the-world-explained/
    The two pictures on the right show public spaces, one is a playground and the other is a lake or river probably good for fishing.
    Also if you want to see that neighborhood zoomed out..
    b0904be3-1ee6-43c2-8d94-9ceceb5e9481.jpg
    You can see a bit more public space. Not too special looking but this is just one of the hoods.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sincerbox wrote:

Totally agree. Willow Creek should be called a town with 5 neighborhoods + 1 park

A world should be a collection of towns like Willow Creek

Other than that I like the view and look of neighborhood regardless to their limit. They are just nice to view at least from the few pics we have seen
    giphy.gif