Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    My GAWD! This...this is the so extravagant and beautiful. The detail is amazing. I wish I had all the EPs so I could go look around! However, I will rec it for you! AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING build!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my, what a stunning manor :shock: It has such a elegant shape and the garden with lots of flowers are beautiful too. Formal entrance is breathtaking, interiors are just amazing. All rooms has wonderful details, I especially love... aww I can't decide!

I have one question about the picture below. How did you made the upper half wall thing (Sorry I don't know how to call it...) at the entrance, connected to the wood bridge? I can see castle wall kits from The Complete Castle by Castle Kits are used at both ends but couldn't figure out how you've made the little upper bump. I always want to make things like that one :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was wondering where was Taryn! Haven't seen you in the forums for weeks! Now I know! :mrgreen: You have been busy finishing your amazing castle! :D Love, love, love Chatsworth House! From the architecture, to the landscaping and to the interiors everything is just droolworthy! Love the gallery, the grand stairway, the wine cellar, the large kitchen, the laundry room and the bar with the entertainment area! I also love how you have used the castle set for making a play castle area for the kids. Brilliant idea! Recommended both versions and added both of them to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I hope you get a feature dear Taryn! You certainly deserve it. ((Hugs))
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taryn, this is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! And the playroom is the most adorable thing I've seen in ages! Very well done, inspiring, gorgeous, and all those marvelous adjectives! Loved & rec'd -- and very likely downloaded!!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taryn, this is an absolute masterpiece!! Everything is so detailed and beautiful. It's a really inspiring build! But of all the amazing spaces you've created here, I think my favourite has to be that wonderful castle playroom for the children. I want it for my real life bedroom!! :mrgreen: The moat, the drawbridge (took me almost a whole minute to figure out you'd used the chandelier chains!), and oh my goodness the mummy and daddy ducks with their babies!! I'm going to be smiling all day thinking about this :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taryn, this is absolutely stunning! And an inspiration.

I do have a question. How did you do the ball-room, library, and entrance to get it so that it is two or three floors high and to be able to see the floors from both the bottom floor and the top floor? (Hope my question makes sense)
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi, hi, hi! Good morning every one! With 3 hours of sleep,under my belt, I'll try to answer questions! I do not work today so I stayed up extra extra late finishing my build and my movie!

Thank you for such nice notes and recs and faves and downloads!

Thank you Glenkarri!

Thank you darling Rosemow! As always your words are so lovely and so warm and the time to take to brighten days around here is Truely Inspiring, humblingand so thoughtful!

Thank you Illusie , Bree, Sherrylynn, and Dorothy!

Thank you Amy! To answer your question, the upper half wall above the drawbridge is not too tricky. It's actually just an arch hidden within the castle pieces. It is a 3 tile, square arch sided arch that came with an expansion pack, then I hid the sides by MOOing 4 castle pieces carefully around sides of the arch. I will find the name of it when I get back into the game, and show you. I am sure you have it though. It's from an early expansion pack. Thank you again!

Thank you Yanti, esp for the DRF! Yes, I have been missing! I'm sorry! I have been so busy these last few weeks!

Thank you Idontrcall!

Thank,you. GreenCats! Lol! The new ceiling chains worked perfectly for the drawbridge! I was so happy to have them! They work perfectly for multistory builds and hanging lights too! I knew I would love them! LOL. The duckies! They really helped make my "moat" look like water!

Desii, to take a multi story picture, have a tester sim on your lot. Go into live mode at a good time of day for lighting...I like about 9 am. Then take pictures from live mode on pause. To get the multistory pictures, take the shot from the upper level. Press tab. (Press F10 to remove the icon of your sims from your picture if need be. ). From your upper level, you can look down...OR...pressing "Q" or "E" will raise or lower your view from the upper floor and actually let you take the picture looking up! Use your mouse to fine tune your camera angles too.

Here is a quick link to camera angles ( because I had to google it to remember which button does what. 3 hours of sleep and all! Lol!)
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8zMNlqFTI3kAaNXBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aTZidjdhBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1RBVVMwNTVfMQ--?qid=20090618114444AAL3yj8

Thank you all again, my lovely friends. I appreciate all the time you take to comment and encourage!

XO. T

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taryn, this is Absolutely Stunning! Every little inch of this build is done so Fabulously, from the Gorgeous architecture, to the Beautiful landscaping and Incredible interiors. :shock: I think my absolute favorite is the playroom. So Cool! I love the little castle with the artificial moat. And that drawbridge! Oolala! Very clever. Huge Rec and Fave for this beauty! :thumbup: :thumbup: :XD:
  • Options
    Sallidra20Sallidra20 Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2014
    INCREDIBLE. Yes, that is the only word to describe your newest creation & yes the word had to be in all caps. :mrgreen: I've recc'd both versions (in the good way) & fav'd them. I would dl them, but lately, I've been having so much fun investigating new techniques that I learned from you, I haven't been playing much. :roll: Your builds are as always inspired. And I do believe my favorite spot was the children's indoor play yard. It's so suited to the little princesses & princes who I'm sure will call this place home! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Cath and Salli! I loved making the little castle!
  • Options
    miitxn29miitxn29 Posts: 1,198 Member
    edited June 2014
    That castle playroom has got to be THE cutest thing I have ever seen for a kids room on this site!! I love it so much. Can I just have the room please?? Lol, I could stay in that all day! :mrgreen::lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow! I've actually been to Chatsworth House and your version is amazing! Your MOOing absolutely blows me away as always. Rec'd
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes, Miitxn, you may stay in the Castle playroom all day....if you eat your vegetables! Thank you!

Thank you Walkingstick! What a nice thing to say!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,029 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow!! This is absolutely stunning, really taken my breath away! What a masterpiece you have created, truly amazing. I've always wanted to visit Chatsworth House, now it's definitely on my 'to do list'! Recd and fav'd :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Masajo!
  • Options
    Marit_WateryMarit_Watery Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2014
    :shock: This is... I don't have the right words to describe how awesome this is.
    You are a genius, Taryn! Thank you so much for all the effort you have put into this. I can see in the details that you truly enjoy what you are doing. It will take me days to discover everything and I'm looking forward to every second :D
    My favourite rooms so far are the red room (it is soo cute and red is my personal favourite colour) and the playroom. Your idea to use the chandelier chains for a draw bridge... exceptional! I love it.
    THANK YOU <3
    Both versions are installing now and I will go into game after breakfast to investigate and start on Mooing in my shell :mrgreen:
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you so much for your detailed answer *hug!*
    Now I want the castle kit, never knew we could use them that way! It looks really neat :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi Marit! Thank you and you're welcome all at once! I hope you enjoy your home and have tons of fun customizing it! ( hugs)

( hugs for Amy too )
  • Options
    AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    WOW! It´s awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Love your beautiful and detailed creation so much and have rec'd and download it :D

x6kikn.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh Anches! Thank you! I have just been admiring you Rodeo Drive! It's stunning!

Take a look!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8276070

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taryn this is a stunning build, the entrance is grand and very detailed so many beautiful rooms the wonderful play room for the children. My goodness Taryn this is such a big build and so beautifully done I hardly know where to look. :shock: Love love the gorgeous formal grounds. Rec'd and favoured. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,091 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow! You outdone yourself here.
    Absolutely stunning! I really love the staircase and landscaping! big DFR from me.
  • Options
    LORYPARIS2009LORYPARIS2009 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    This is such a beauty! The castle playroom is my favourite and even if I'm not kid I would spend my entire day there. I loved every room, every space, and If I had to choose a bed, I would sleep in the coral one :), it's just perfect. Everything it's so detailed. Another wonder to have in the game. DFR already!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Folly, SpringFairy and Lori!
  • Options
    princenigma2princenigma2 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey Taryn!

Gee, it seems like aeons ago when I was last on here. I just thought since I'm hoping to spring back into Simming with the arrival of my new laptop that I'd drop by and say hello and marvel at all the wonderful creations you have recently made!

I have also been on a long overdue Rec'ing spree of all your latest creations since Grey Manor which will be the first lot I redownload with the arrival of my new laptop!!!

As always the lots you continue to create are of such quality, one must constantly consult a dictionary and thesaurus to find words to describe just how astoundingly perfect they all are! I should know, having had one such creation beautifully made for via DNA, Grey Manor! I still owe you many thanks for having built that!

Looking forward to see what marvels you conjure up next masterful MOOer! As always, your lots are incredible!

Thanks,

~ Prince E