Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited June 2014
    @ewarren may I point out that it wasn't until MGM's Wizard of Oz that bad witches=green. Up until then the stereotype of witches was similar to that of the 'hag' from Snow White
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    samuliinisamuliini Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well,in The Sims 2 there were good, neutral and bad witches, so I really didn't like it. Witches in The Sims 4? COOL :-)

Childs can also do magic, train it and cast spells
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!

So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?

My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!

Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

I am not sure why you need to apologize here. You have every right as the next simmer to talk about something you like be in TS4 regardless they like it or not. :mrgreen:.

So, I want the witches in TS4 to have the familiar like the Witches in TS2. It's not just any animal like in TS3 :(.

Regarding the coven thingy, I just hope that it's an optional and you don't actually need to form one to unlock a spell. What I mean is, I don't mind if other simmers want to form a coven, but I don't want the game to "force" me to form one in order to unlock a spell.

And I want the witch to be able to use some simple spells when she is still a child, not when she is a teenager.

Edited :
    I didn't realize that it is an old thread (from last year) and I have responded to it (well because I just post replied without reading the whole thread :oops:. )
  • Options
    JetfirehawkJetfirehawk Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    maybey child witches could do things to sibling like a pigtail or turning them into a frog until the next full moon (more from folklore just thought it'd be kinda funny for children
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    edited July 2014
    Witches really could use an upgrade in the Sims 4. I love them so much and I think a lot of these ideas are great. I think the new emotion system would go great with magic, I would like there to be more of a variation between good and bad witches. I still want the neutral who can practice both dark and light magic. The autonomous spell casting stuff was cool at first in TS3 but got annoying really quick when my witch had like 70 apples in her inventory. :lol:
    TS3 could have done way more, they had some good ideas but they needed to flesh things out more.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    I want them to bring back the alignments of Sims 2, Very Bad, Bad, Neutral, Good, Very Good. I miss being able to pick your alignment through the sorts of spells you used and I love that they had their own individual feline familiar.

I like the covens idea, it's a really good idea.

It makes me think of Season 3 Covens from American Horror Story, it would be really cool if each individual witch had one particular power they were really good at as well as normal spells.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    Modsey wrote:
    I want them to bring back the alignments of Sims 2, Very Bad, Bad, Neutral, Good, Very Good. I miss being able to pick your alignment through the sorts of spells you used and I love that they had their own individual feline familiar.

It makes me think of Season 3 Covens from American Horror Story, it would be really cool if each individual witch had one particular power they were really good at as well as normal spells.

A coven is pretty much a group of witches that follow the same traditions and the same "leader". I don't know how it is like in American Horror Story, but I would like to see regular covens.
    I like that in TS2 a witch would kind of initiate you into her "tradition" (good witch or bad witch), and I love the feline familiar and the alignments. I see that the alignments have a heavy influence of The Wizard of Oz, and that's very cool, but I don't like the forced green skin/glitter.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    my simself is always a witch. everytime i play ts2, i befriend the high good witch immediately when i see her. sometimes i just cheat and make her my best friend or make her playable lol.
    Honestly, the witches were the only good supernatural being. vampires were pretty, but too much work.

OMG yes to that coven idea!! what a great idea, and the bonus spells to learn with the others as your coven grows makes so much sense.

Id love a mixture of all three witches from the past games.

more spells- including telekinesis and levitation. and of course bring back teleportation.

child AND teen witches. but with children they cast spells autonomously, its out of their control and its like once or twice a day until they hone the craft.

id love for the witchism to be passed down to the younger generations.

a sepereate world would be great. just like the divide of simmers who want to play with witches and the ones who dont ;)

familiars to make a return of course. and if we could choose out of a few different animals. instead of just cats. id choose a cat though lol
    OOH or a horse if i wasnt neutral. hwo awesome would an evil witches horse look? all black with a flaming mane.
    or a good horse, all blue and sparkly, the good witch riding him in the field. aweh.. :3!

Now, id like neutral, good and bad SPELLS. but id like our sims to have the option to choose which spells to learn. and that decides your alignment. or we learn them all and whichever spells we use decide the alignment.
    like i didnt want a title or any special colorings so i opted for neutral, but i so badly wanted to have the offensive and healing spells from both the bad and good alignments.

and OF COURSE, Id love to see a witching and wizarding school. MAKE HOGWARTS PLEEEEAAASEEE EA! ILL PREORDER! I SWEAR! with dorms and games and events and eating in the dining hall and classes like defense and duelling and potions and charms and just learning about the history and dark arts.. OMG.. i cant take this right now.. lol xD

Yes to the idea for the ONE special skill. That should come with the traits or after they graduate from the school or something to that effect. :D

Honestly, the only way ill play ts3 again is to play with the witch. lol i just loved setting peoples houses on fire! it was so funny when they realise what youre doing and say "youre being innapropriate, please leave" So i go on the front lawn and set fire to the front porch blocking the door. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Edits: i keep editing cuz i keep seeing such great ideas!
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    Well how about we all agree to disagree. I think a half-fish half-human would be more likely to eat something like kelp/seaweed or at least shrimp (not a fish), then to eat something that's technically their relative.
    You obviously consider it cannibalism but it's as cannibalistic as a human eating another mammal.
    In other words, it's not :wink:

Exactly and even if i ate another human being, that doesnt make them my relative. youre not related to any of us.
    and fish DO eat other fish. theyre not related. if a doberman eats a chihuahua, its gross, but theyre not brother and sister. theyre dogs. but theyre compeltely different breeds. far from related.
  • Options
    ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    Modsey wrote:

A coven is pretty much a group of witches that follow the same traditions and the same "leader". I don't know how it is like in American Horror Story, but I would like to see regular covens.
    I like that in TS2 a witch would kind of initiate you into her "tradition" (good witch or bad witch), and I love the feline familiar and the alignments. I see that the alignments have a heavy influence of The Wizard of Oz, and that's very cool, but I don't like the forced green skin/glitter.

That's pretty much how the coven in the show was like, one group of witches with one leader, set traditions and a shared history.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to cast a spell on sims called 'morbid fascination'.

The fascination could be for food, fire, exercising, reading, water, whatever...

The poor cursed soul would then be obligated to spend the next 24 hrs reading book after book, or playing with fire non-stop, or cooking and eating and taking pics of his food because why not.

• Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've only read up to page four of this thread, sorry if my ideas were mentioned earlier.

I loved Makin' Magic! I still think it is the best EP in the series.

If witches were to return, I would want enchanted gnomes and the cute baby dragons to return (maybe to grow up to be no-so-cute grown up dragons that torch burgers, repo-people, and social workers there to seize children), alongside charms and spells similar to, but not identical to the ones in MM. I really like the magical growths, but I would like witches to be able to make their own thing similar to the magical growths intentionally. Maybe enchant a green bean plant to make a giant bean stalk or enchant a certain kind of bush to get a magical sap that is used in charms.

Weather control would be nice too. Maybe at low levels you would need a coven of at least three witches to make the spell and other high level spells work, but at a higher level you can cast it on your own. Of course having a coven would still be a major boon to even the most powerful witches.

I do not like the idea of restrictive alignments. Maybe alongside magic skill, there could be (hidden?) skills "light magic" and "dark magic". Your could level up both of them, but you level in both of them would be limited so that the sum of them can add to up to twice your magic level. At level 6 magic you can be level 4 light magic and level 8 dark magic to add up to 12. At level 10 magic, you can be level 10 light magic and level ten dark magic. "Magic" skill would increase the likelihood of success (plus power and longevity) at casting a spell, and unlock increasingly powerful neutral spells, while alignment skills would just unlock new spells and interactions like resurrecting a zombie for dark magic and a living sims for light magic, and autonomous cackling for idle evil witches.

Covens could be long-term groups of at least three witches. When multiple witches work together, they can cast spells from higher levels (x+y=z, where x= sum of magic levels divided by number of witches, y= number of witches, and z= accomplish-able level) at accomplish-able levels greater than 10 the spells cast and charms made get increased longevity and power associated with that level that is not normally achievable.

Edits: typos
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about this! :)

So I kind of like how in TS1, children and adults could do magic and the kids would have spells that were toned down for their age group. But at the same time it was kind of hard to earn some of the ingredients for the more advanced spells and potions. What I also loved was Magic Town which was a sub-hood where witches and normal sims could come together to the different theme parks like carnival, gothic and this other one I can't seem to remember. Basically it was like a whole other world and you could live there if you wanted to. ([Perfect place to raise witch children with dragons as pets)

In TS2 I liked that the spells were more diverse. You had good magic, dark magic and a neutral type of magic. (Kind of reminds me of Wizard of Oz). Each witch that was in a different alignment had their own little clothing and interactions that were different than their counterparts. The spectral cats kind of freaked me out for a second but they were still cute :) And then when they used the cauldrons, good witches could magically make the spoon stir itself and evil witches had this laugh kind of like the Wicked Witch of the West.

TS3 witches were a nice improvement with the return of spell casting duels and with a much broader variety of spells and crafts. I also loved that they had more interactions with the environment based on their skill level and that they had brooms again. The only thing that I wasn't entirely too happy about was that there was no sub-hood for witches. It was nice how the joined together all the supernaturals in Moonlight Falls but I felt like witches needed something to themselves since Vampires already took over Bridgeport. Idk maybe thats just me.

But my hopes for TS4 are on the wait and see sort of deal. I'd love for a special sub-hood just for witches to make a comeback because the one in TS2 wasn't all that great. And since TS4 is kind of going back to its roots, I hope that means we'll get a Magic Town 2.0 and maybe there will be returning spells and a few new ones. I also wouldn't mind if there were more things for children to do with magic since it seems like they never really do much. Having a little magic school wouldn't be too bad. But yep that's just me.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Modsey wrote:

I'd like to see the TS2 alignments back too, or something similar to it. I quite like the idea of having different schools (skill trees) like household magic, good spells, evil spells, potions, making charms, etc.

I also hope they have completely separate spells for children the way they did in TS1. I liked the idea that they had their own little magical world that adult couldn't really take part in.

For instance children could get pixie dust by playing with them, but adults couldn't.

And I'm in complete support of covens! If they don't I hope we have the casual groups feature back from TS2 so we can make our own.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad to see this thread make a comeback! Witches (and vampires!) are super important to me and I frankly won't play this game without them. Without Supernatural I would have stopped playing TS3 and would NOT have ended up getting every single EP, most of the SP's and most of The Store. Supernaturals are a total deal breaker for me so this game is a no-go until they are in. Let's hope they ALSO do them RIGHT this time!
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did they make another another flip flop statement since the 'no occults' one.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Badmagic wrote:

Oh I'm pretty sure Occults will NOT be in the base game. Pretty sure we're not even getting ghosts at this point.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to cast a spell on sims called 'morbid fascination'.

The fascination could be for food, fire, exercising, reading, water, whatever...

The poor cursed soul would then be obligated to spend the next 24 hrs reading book after book, or playing with fire non-stop, or cooking and eating and taking pics of his food because why not.

BTW I think this is a FANTASTIC spell idea! And I could easily see it having fatal consequences from time to time.... *cue evil witchy cackle here* :twisted: And hey, maybe we could even have a SPELL that would cause another Sim to laugh themselves to death! ;)
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Badmagic wrote:

Oh I'm pretty sure Occults will NOT be in the base game. Pretty sure we're not even getting ghosts at this point.
    Thanks, struggling to keep up to speed with what is confirmed, new old etc, the sooner twitbook and its ilk of antisocial media dies the better.
  • Options
    MickaelPMickaelP Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Guys ! Check this scene from AHS Coven , I'm sure you'll love it ! xo Micka

http://www.foxtv.co.uk/shows/american-horror-story-coven/videos/welcome-to-the-neighbourhood
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited August 2014

That kids/teens can use magic

win guardian leviosa!!!!
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    michaelwhite1234michaelwhite1234 Posts: 17 New Member
    Doesn't anybody think witches should use spell-books and write in them and learn spells from them , I mean it's the best way for witch sims to keep track on what they've been doing with magic lately. Tell me what you guys think.
  • Options
    katycat737katycat737 Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2014
    I love witches and magic :)
    I honestly could not care for the other life States (except maybe fairies...)
    My first expansion pack was Makin Magic since the age of like 8. Magic keeps getting better as Sims gets older to be honest (with the exception of getting rid of Magic Crystals and things like Root of the Problem, I miss those so much)

Oh... This was a necro thread, but still!
    Happy Simming
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I loved witches in Sims 3 and really do hope they make a come back at some point.

I think it would really cool if the witches had multi-coloured/colour changing eyes a la Roald Dahl! The Witches was my favourite book growing up, and this was meant to be a tell-tale sign of a witch.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    I thoroughly enjoy all supernatural Sims--witches especially. I never played the Sims 1, but I did play as witches in 2 and 3 and EA had some very different playstyles for both. I didn't use the alchemy skill much in the Sims 3 because the alchemy table was so huge, but I'm loving the herbalism skill in the Sims 4 and I could see witches learning herbalism faster or something of that nature, if you had both packs installed. In the Sims 3, whenever making a serious witch Sim I would immediately cheat and give him/her the "magic hands" reward trait. I hate--HATE magic wands, they're so bulky and out of place. On the matter of having spells to kill Sims, I think it would be more practical to have spells that induce negative moodlets, which if not taken care of will lead to that Sim's death (for example, inducing the starving moodlet or forcing them to have bladder failure which could be spammed to make them die of humiliation). Sims is, after all, not really a "killing" game (although I feel like random things like terminal disease and getting hit by a car should definitely be in the Sims 4, would make it more realistic). I liked the magical upgrades in the Sims 3 a lot, they were useful and helped develop the witch's power. I also loved the familiars in the Sims 2, would be cool if they could have "magical" interactions with objects as well as help the witch gain power. Covens would be cool, sort of like the werewolf packs, but shouldn't be necessary to max the witchcraft skill. I could definitely see there being a hidden area that can only be discovered by a witch, and has a witch's castle or something inside where you can meet other witches. As far as powers go, I think spells go a long way but upon creation of the witch maybe you would choose one power (similar to a trait) and as the witch levels up the witchcraft skill he/she can add powers. Of course going along with the covens, you could transform other Sims into witches/wizards once you were good friends and had a high enough witchcraft skill, either through a spell or an elixir. I can't wait for EA to make a supernatural EP for the Sims 4!
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!