Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches in Sims 4

AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!

So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?

My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!

Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Rinchan7Rinchan7 Posts: 264 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I admit I don't have the supernatural ep for reasons but I would love it if the witches had their own history and community like in Harry Potter

They could also have toy brooms for kids(toddlers?) that levitate a few inches off the ground and the kids have to be taught how to ride a broom (sorta like how you teach to drive a car)

Remember that cave with the creepy eyes? Maybe it is an illusion for muggles and they could go through it to their own sim Diagon Alley

Oh and butterbeer...and firewhiskey...maybe the ability to make candies that have magical effects

Maybe the witch kids can have their own ways of pranking the town/school

Maybe the witch adults can use magic to cook and clean things without needing to supervise it (however that could take practice and if too low in experience can result in a fire)

From what I've seen in the Youtube videos, better routing for the brooms (not sure if it's possible but maybe they can really go by air instead of just following the road)

Others are asking for sims 2 car animations, how about being able to actually see them get on the broom, and maybe be able to make a flying car...

And sense there were so many gnomes, have one magical witch gnome again

Instead of needing it from store, have the cauldron and voodoo doll available via EP

(sorry, most of my witch/wizard experience is from Harry Potter :P)
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd really like for child witches to be able to cast spells and charms again, like they could in TS1. It doesn't have to be anything major. But, a small amount of spells, perhaps "kiddie" versions of regular witch spells would be cool. Like there could be a spell to finish homework faster, a spell to boost friendship, maybe even a spell to animate his or her toys (how cute would that be? :-) )
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like for there to be dark magic spells with a practical application beyond annoying someone or setting their house on fire.

I'd love for my Evil witches to be able to drain the life of another sim to prolong their own, or trap a sims soul in a crystal to be used as a power source for other spells.
    raw
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the current witches we have in TS3. I will like it more if the kids can perform some easy spells :D . We don't have a good witch and an evil witch like we did in TS2. I would love it if they are back. :lol:
  • neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love the idea of good witches and bad witches, I like the harry potter style ideas too, I love that film! Maybe they could hunt demons too and bring a bit of charmed into it :lol:
  • SebastianUKSebastianUK Posts: 19 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they limit the alchemy skill (or whatever its TS4 equivalent is) to witches only. It makes magic less special when any Sim can practice it.
  • AmazingSims79879AmazingSims79879 Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited May 2013
    I hope they limit the alchemy skill (or whatever its TS4 equivalent is) to witches only. It makes magic less special when any Sim can practice it.

I liked having other occults join the alchemy career though.
    edited May 2013
    I love the idea of good witches and bad witches, I like the harry potter style ideas too, I love that film! Maybe they could hunt demons too and bring a bit of charmed into it :lol:

Anything similar to HP or Charmed sounds good to me!

I'd like the Witches to be able to have familiars. Proper familiars :)
  • neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited May 2013

Familiars would be cool, and bad me I put that film instead of those films haha. Ohh theres so many possibilities they could do to make witches even better
    edited May 2013
    Rinchan7 wrote:
    Maybe the witch adults can use magic to cook and clean things without needing to supervise it (however that could take practice and if too low in experience can result in a fire)

From what I've seen in the Youtube videos, better routing for the brooms (not sure if it's possible but maybe they can really go by air instead of just following the road)

Others are asking for sims 2 car animations, how about being able to actually see them get on the broom, and maybe be able to make a flying car...

Oh yes!

I'd like to see magical solutions to household chores!
  • adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited May 2013
    didn't much care for them in the sims 3....to be honest.
    hope the one's in the sims 4 are more exciting....i guess i am in a minority but i actually preferred the witches back in the sims 2 . i liked the designation of good , evil and neutral witch and all that stuff...... :mrgreen:
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    edited May 2013
    :thumbdown:
    edited May 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    ...maybe even a spell to animate his or her toys (how cute would that be? :-) )

Very very cute indeed.

I love the slightly anarchic but good-natured side of The Sims :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like this idea a lot!
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited May 2013
    :thumbdown:

:thumbup:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena, Hi!!

What a GREAT idea!!! I love it!

I hope they keep the witches in 4 exactly like they did in 3. OMG, I just love them. I haven't made a normal sim since I got supernatural the day it was released.

I would like to see the Supernatural world that we had in the Original game as a subhood. I think that it was a whole lot of fun just the way it was designed, with the little mini games, the amusement park and so on.

I'd love them to just remake everything in the original game, but with today's technology. My goodness! That would be a fun game.

I think they did a fantastic expansion with the supernatural ep in 3, and also with the original game with Makin'Magic. I think they failed horribly in the ts2 with what little was offered. It probably had more to do with who was at the helm opposed to a lack of talent in the dev's, but I guess we will really never know for sure.

Anyway, the team is on a roll with very good expansions in 3, since Supernatural. They started to get better when pets was released, and it has gotten better and better with each ep, except showtime. I think with that one, it was because they just spent too much time on that foolish social aspect instead of using their talent for fun game play. That aside, I am hoping that the momentum that has started in 3 will continue to grow and bowl us over with each and every game they release!

Here's hoping 4 is the one that knocks off our socks!! *holds up a champagne glass for a toast to a great game*
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Rinchan7Rinchan7 Posts: 264 New Member
    edited May 2013

Familiars would be cool, and bad me I put that film instead of those films haha. Ohh theres so many possibilities they could do to make witches even better
    I think there can be a few familiars that a witch might choose due to trait or preference, for example an angler witch might prefer a toad familiar, others might want owls or cats
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    Rinchan7 wrote:

I think there can be a few familiars that a witch might choose due to trait or preference, for example an angler witch might prefer a toad familiar, others might want owls or cats

Yes to having all sorts of pets as familiars! I think a Witch should be able to choose her familiar, it could be ANY animal, and then she casts a spell on it to bind it to her as her familiar. One familiar per witch. Once bound as a familiar the pet should take on special properties and have additional animations. I would like it if its presence was required in order to cast some higher order spells and, of course, merely having a familiar would make ALL of a witch's spells more powerful and less prone to failure or backfire. Indeed, the spell "bind familiar" should be a higher level spell in its own right to begin with and should not be available immediately. And let's have proper OWLS instead of those silly looking Sixams eh? Gotta keep the crows too!
    edited May 2013
    YES to having good, bad and neutral witches with different spells available to each! OH PLEEEEEZE EA Powers That Be, grant us THIS!!!!!

Also, YES YES YES to adorable child witches with their own minor playful spells and little brooms! OMG I might faint from the cuteness overload but it's a risk I'm willing to take! LOL
    edited May 2013
    windweaver wrote:
    AmaraRena, Hi!!

I hope they keep the witches in 4 exactly like they did in 3. OMG, I just love them. I haven't made a normal sim since I got supernatural the day it was released.

I would like to see the Supernatural world that we had in the Original game as a subhood. I think that it was a whole lot of fun just the way it was designed, with the little mini games, the amusement park and so on.

I'd love them to just remake everything in the original game, but with today's technology. My goodness! That would be a fun game.

I think they did a fantastic expansion with the supernatural ep in 3, and also with the original game with Makin'Magic. I think they failed horribly in the ts2 with what little was offered. It probably had more to do with who was at the helm opposed to a lack of talent in the dev's, but I guess we will really never know for sure.

Anyway, the team is on a roll with very good expansions in 3, since Supernatural. They started to get better when pets was released, and it has gotten better and better with each ep, except showtime. I think with that one, it was because they just spent too much time on that foolish social aspect instead of using their talent for fun game play. That aside, I am hoping that the momentum that has started in 3 will continue to grow and bowl us over with each and every game they release!

Here's hoping 4 is the one that knocks off our socks!! *holds up a champagne glass for a toast to a great game*

Thanks hun!:) Although I didn't play TS1 or TS2 I think I am pretty much in agreement with everything here! *grabs champagne glass* Salute! :-)
  • nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    More death spells for the evil witch

Also, certain places need to be fireproof or at least need to have a means of escape. If a teen witch practices her fire spells at school, it shouldn't burn up the school and kill every sim at the school.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    windweaver wrote:
    AmaraRena, Hi!!

Thanks hun!:) Although I didn't play TS1 or TS2 I think I am pretty much in agreement with everything here! *grabs champagne glass* Salute! :-)

lol!! :D:D
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Apologies to those who really don't care about the supernatural lifestates in The Sims. This thread is for those of us who just don't want to play without them!

So... Witches in Sims 4... what are your hopes? How would you like their magic to work? What did you like and/or dislike about the Witches in Sims 3? What do you hope they will keep and what do you hope they will change?

My own #1 wish for Witches is the ability to "form coven." However, instead of it being like the temporary werewolf packs in Sims 3 (LAME EA! lol) it would be permanent and set up rather like the bands are formed and maintained in Late Night. So your Witch would actually have to ask other witches to join their coven. Once a coven is established (dare I hope for 13? I'll settle for 5 I suppose)they could then gather together to perform/unlock magics that are unavailable to witches acting alone. I'm open on the kind of spells they could cast, please feel free to make suggestions!

Anyway, please share your hopes and ideas for Witches in Sims 4! :mrgreen:

I love supernatural and any more depth with supernatural theme or other wise I would be thrilled on ;D
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    I really hope Sims 4 witches have more spells, and there are spells like said before that are more evil and possibly prolong the witch's life. Or make that a neutral spell that just swaps your life stage with their target's. For example, it could be considered an evil spell for an elderly witch to cast it on her YA daughter, making the daughter an elder, but the witch a YA again, but a good spell were the roles reversed, the witch making herself older. I miss the distinctions of TS2, I hope they bring them back, minus the green skin for very evil witches. :lol: Or, even better, a spell to restore their original skin colour for a time.
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes to witches! :D I really wish they would just do a remake of the Makin' Magic EP from TS1 for TS4. It's what got me hooked on the Sims to begin with. I bought the base game when it first came out and all of the EPs for my daughters, but I didn't become obsessed with playing until Makin' Magic. It was like a Sims EP made especially for me. :mrgreen:

I also agree about wanting a coven of 13. I already try to do something like that in TS2 with group outings for my witches. I do like the cauldron, brooms, and spellbook in TS2, but the spells seem done half-heartedly.

I'd like to see the traditional cauldron, broom, and spellbook back in TS4 (but not the green skin :P ), and I'd love to be able to grow herbs, roots, and flowers that could be used for spells and charms.

I'd also like proper toads like we had in TS1. I loved having my Sim witch kiss them until one finally turned into a prince. :lol: I never played TS3 Supernatural, but I really hated the look of the weird frog people. :P

The main request I have for witches and magic (and really all of TS4) is that we get back the whimsical humor of TS1 and lose the goofy childishness of TS3. For example, magical herbs would be great, but silly plants that grow things like steak and eggs make the game seem childish. I don't want to feel like I am playing a kiddie game. Just because something is magical or supernatural does not mean it has to be cartoony or silly. I never felt like I was playing a kiddie game in TS1 or TS2 and I want that back for TS4.