Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Garden Path - CLOSED -

Comments

• Options
    LaramoonlilyLaramoonlily Posts: 199 Member
    edited April 2014
    I decided I would try to make it look like half of the little garden I made was home to the gnomes and the other half home to the pink flamingos. It was a lot of fun making this! :D
    All of the pictures posted already are so amazing and beautiful.
    [img]http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/966/115/017/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    Ch%206%20Winning%20sig%20Laramoonlily.jpg
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2014
    Aunza wrote:
    ~image respectfully snipped~
    Kgaff wrote:

This is the entrance to a small beach side park I made. The gazebo overlooks the sea.

Hi Kgaff,

Welcome and thank-you for your beautiful entry...

But, you might want to make a small adjust, to bring your entry into accordance with the Rules:, Page 1, Item 4 "Buildings, of any kind, should be obscure."

Edit: typo

Oops, sorry I will redo it.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited April 2014
    I decided I would try to make it look like half of the little garden I made was home to the gnomes and the other half home to the pink flamingos. It was a lot of fun making this! :D
    All of the pictures posted already are so amazing and beautiful.
    Welcome Laramoonlily, Thank-you for entering your garden for gnomes and the flamingos. I will get your entry posted in a few minutes!
    I could not agree more, the entries are "amazing and beautiful" yours included. ~smiles~
    Kgaff wrote:
    Oops, sorry I will redo it.

Thank-you for coming back and checking your entry and for your understanding. ~big smile~

Edit: typo x2

• Options
    amirandatamirandat Posts: 156 Member
    edited April 2014
    @klb Haha, I had forgotten about that commercial! Thank you for sharing. It's nice to meet you :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kgaff wrote:
    This is the entrance to a small beach side park I made. The gazebo overlooks the sea.

(edit to change picture with less of the gazebo showing)
    Thank-YOU very much, Kgaff. I will get you properly signed in! ~smiles~
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited April 2014
    Pegasas I am loving the battle, so cute & fun. :mrgreen:

YEY!!! I'm glad to see that someone else likes my tiny game with those two endangered species :XD:

@Pegasas - WAIT! WAIT! I changed my mind; seeing all those little ladies slain upon the path, with their petticoats showing, some of them even have their little faces planted in the earth, I am disturbed! I know they are not fairies but, but, but, do you think we could have the vampire gnomes dance in the moonlight with the flamingos, maybe even give each other spongehuggies?! ~laughing~

Hmmmm... Changed your mind you say? I'll see what I can do, but they seem to be having too much fun to listen me. I'll try to speak with both good fairy and bad witch, but I can't promise anything :roll: :XD:
    Now I feel bad for the vampire gnomes lol. I agree, a peace treaty is in order. :mrgreen:

Oh no! Now I feel being so evil because I want them to fight to the end :oops: I guess that I'll post the last round right now, so you couldn't change the end even more :mrgreen:

P.S. Even more amazing gardens!!! Keep uploading pictures, folks, keep uploading! :mrgreen: So many great ideas for landscaping of my new house :mrgreen:
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited April 2014
    So many new lovely entries!

Thank you for the compliments on my picture. That garden is part of my Autumn Whisper build on the exchange. Although I slightly edited it for this contest.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    2_zpsd8e2e4ec.jpg

Hidden in the environment you can find a flamingo. He is made out of wood and not the brilliant pink color. This is one of my gardens that I have made and this one is located in Monte Vista World :)
  • Options
    Bel008Bel008 Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited April 2014
    A quaint garden path with the rolling hills of Riverview in the background.

Screenshot-189_zps94041342.jpg"width=700"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    VAMPIRE GNOMES VS FLAMINGOES: ROUND 4. PART 2

"So... And the end of this battle isn't that far away..."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-gF3jgoaFp7s/U2CZN5_EVMI/AAAAAAAABLw/xDTT95oTwBI/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-20.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"The last standing vampire gnomes and flamingoes are ready for the final fight... And the process has already started... What's happening??? Who's winning???"

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-8w-Fno4wYxs/U2CZOPr8IOI/AAAAAAAABLo/IvatKwQ25sI/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-21.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Whaaat??? Where are the rest of the vampire gnomes??? Are all of them kicked off???" :shock:

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FrPQWENEL4U/U2CZN9J5hvI/AAAAAAAABLs/NERI9vZySYA/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-22.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Oh! It seems that there's one and the last vampire gnome standing, but she has no chance against three flamingoes who's ready to make her lie on the ground... :shock: On the other hand, she seems to be preparing to use some magic, so it might be simply a trap and she'll win this battle on her own... :shock: Or... maybe... flamingoes are trying to * Spongehuggie * her and those tears are just of happiness... :shock: What will the ending be??? I'll allow to interprate the very last picture the way you want :mrgreen: But... Is it really the last picture? :twisted: Muhahahaha!!!"

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-F81ofa0IMCE/U2CZO7hG2hI/AAAAAAAABL4/UZ8zbVG8_D0/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-23.jpg "width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And even more beautiful entries! :mrgreen: Can't wait to get home this evening and check all of the gardens again :mrgreen:
    illusie wrote:
    So many new lovely entries!

Thank you for the compliments on my picture. That garden is part of my Autumn Whisper build on the exchange. Although I slightly edited it for this contest.

You're welcome, sweetie! Hmmmm... I should check it out as I really like the way everything looks there :mrgreen: I've never used butterflies or something, but now I'm thinking about using these in my builds as they look really great :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    pegasas1993,
    I love the garden idea. It seems so gothic and would fit into dragon valley so well. I am curious where do I get a vampire gnome? I think that would be a cute idea to add to a few of my designs. Specially since my vampire sims all parish because they refuse to go inside when day light comes about...
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    trishaanne1987,
    I love that bridge and am curious how you made a bridge that curves like that? A friend and I sat staring the picture for a bit trying to figure out how to make bridges like that. It is a great little structure and where you have the flamingos and gnomes are adorable.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    aviamoldavia,
    Your little garden is really cute and I love the path that leads to the fountain. The greenery and everything makes a great feel for a day to spend out and about. Just lounging around and enjoying the grass and fountain.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Alitoni,
    Your garden path is so bright and makes me wonder what all will I find down the path way. That Mech Gnome is interesting and his little buddy seems to be just the perfect traveling mate.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jnscoey,
    I can not think that your garden path comes out of Final Fantasy or Teraonline. It gives me that feel that it comes from one of those games. Someplace that feels safe and has that fantasy touch to it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Frn0731,
    I love the snow and the colors of the gnomes and flamingos really stand out. Yours is another of those that reminds me of Final Fantasy. It really has that feel like I could be walking around one of the worlds and it makes me think of a character that is named Snow from the series. Great look and feel for a winter garden path.
    What are those gnomes up to any way down there?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    illusive,
    I love the Magical Garden path. Those mushrooms are great and I am curious what set they do come from? I would love to add them to my game so that I can design my lots and homes with it. They are wonderful looking and give that Fantasy feel. I love the look and design and somewhat think I am going to Alice and Wonderland. Great vibe and beautiful out lay. Great job on it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kgaff,
    I love the layout and brightness of your garden. That cherry tree is a beautiful touch. The background is wonderful and just adds to your garden. Love the little gnome and flamingo you have added to your entry way. They give it a great feel.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    klb685,
    I love the entry way and the path that you have. I love the stair way and the path. I really want to know where those stairs are leading to. What is hidden up there?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    pegasas1993,
    I love the garden idea. It seems so gothic and would fit into dragon valley so well. I am curious where do I get a vampire gnome? I think that would be a cute idea to add to a few of my designs. Specially since my vampire sims all parish because they refuse to go inside when day light comes about...

Thank you! :mrgreen: Vampire gnomes can be found in Buy Debug if you have LATE NIGHT expansion pack installed :) Oh! Glad to know that you was inspired by my picture (either to find out that there's such a thing like vampire gnom or decide to use it) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you! :mrgreen: Vampire gnomes can be found in Buy Debug if you have LATE NIGHT expansion pack installed :) Oh! Glad to know that you was inspired by my picture (either to find out that there's such a thing like vampire gnom or decide to use it) :mrgreen:

Thank you and I am going to check through my buy stuff again and hopefully find them. They are going to look great in my designs.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ahoy there!

a partial quote, if I may:
    What will the ending be??? I'll allow to interprate the very last picture the way you want But... Is it really the last picture? Muhahahaha!!!"

No, no! I have no imagination... you must finish the story! Otherwise, I shall feel like the child that awoke on Christmas morning, crept down the stairs and saw Grinch stealing Christmas.

Having spied new entries through sleep filled eyes, I will be in soon to catch up on the thread. So exciting... Did I hear The Sound of Music?!
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited April 2014
    illusie,
    I love the Magical Garden path. Those mushrooms are great and I am curious what set they do come from? I would love to add them to my game so that I can design my lots and homes with it. They are wonderful looking and give that Fantasy feel. I love the look and design and somewhat think I am going to Alice and Wonderland. Great vibe and beautiful out lay. Great job on it.

Thank you :D
    The huge mushrooms come from a dr pepper code, from the alice and wonderland set.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ayJAc7v.jpg*
    There are 12 hours
    remaining to submit
    an entry!

*Photograph courtesy of SimGuruTatertot's thread
    Edit: Yikes!