Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Garden Path - CLOSED -

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,821 Member
    edited April 2014
    Alitoni, that is lovely :)
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited April 2014
    klb685 wrote:
    Nice to meet you, Amirandat. This is for you and your mum ...
    ~laughing~
    Hey now Ms. Klb, no ganging up on me! Cannot wait until Bunny gets home and sees the youtube. Was/is this a television advertisement?
    Crazy!

@Pegasas love the updates and the pictures... GO Flamingos! And, whatever will your summer event be?! See what looking at a garden paths can do to you?! It is all good!

@Illusie - Good morning, Where will your garden path take us?

@Alitoni -next post is for you. ~smiles~
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aunza wrote:
    klb685 wrote:
    Nice to meet you, Amirandat. This is for you and your mum ...
    @Illusie - Good morning, Where will your garden path take us?

Good morning to you :D
    My garden path will take us somewhere pretty, I hope :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ~image respectfully snipped~
    Alitoni wrote:
    While taking a stroll in a nearby park my Sim came across this Mech Gnome, along with his graceful friend the lovely pink flamingo, welcoming visitors to the park.
    Alitoni, Welcome, I have your entry posted, thank-you! You added a Mech Gnome to the garden! ~big smile~
  • Options
    jnscoeyjnscoey Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2014
    63f1d77d-d7a9-468e-9e15-9a9d32c2f5e6_zps1a0fda71.jpg

My Sims are gaga for plants (and gnomes)!!! One of my goals in every game is to collect one of every type of gnome. My garden is one of a two fold path, you can contemplate which path you want to take in the the trellis bench and take in the Isla Paradiso views.

Birds of Paradise are my favorite plant in game so they are featured rather prominently in every garden I make.

I sort of made a game out of it. there are six gnomes and a flamingo, which gnomes can you see?
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited April 2014
    The flamingos spying on the secret meeting of the gnomes.

Screenshot-301_zps0f227d8c.jpg
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited April 2014
    illusie wrote:

*hugs* Thank you!

And thank you, Aunza for hosting this lovely contest!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jnscoey, such a lovely tropical garden.

Frn0731, I love it how the flamingos are spying on the gnomes!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Alitoni wrote:
    illusie wrote:

*hugs* Thank you!

And thank you, Aunza for hosting this lovely contest!

{hugs back Alitoni} You are welcome!

I really enjoy looking at all gardens!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ~Links respectfully snipped~
    jnscoey wrote:

My Sims are gaga for plants (and gnomes)!!! One of my goals in every game is to collect one of every type of gnome. My garden is one of a two fold path, you can contemplate which path you want to take in the the trellis bench and take in the Isla Paradiso views.

Birds of Paradise are my favorite plant in game so they are featured rather prominently in every garden I make.

I sort of made a game out of it. there are six gnomes and a flamingo, which gnomes can you see?
    Hi Jnscoey, Welcome! Thank-you for entering your garden path. Quite symbolic. Delightful!

~Links respectfully snipped~
    Frn0731 wrote:
    The flamingos spying on the secret meeting of the gnomes.
    Hiya Fran, Welcome and thank-you for entering! I expect to see an ice cave just around the corner. Good job! ~smiles~
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Here is my entry.

It´s magical garden. The garden path goes past a small lake with waterfall. A dirt path leads up the hill. This garden is rules by a flamingo and 8 gnomes.

[img]http://www.weebly.com/uploads/1/7/7/4/17744605/4278417_orig.jpg "width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ~link respectfully snipped~
    illusie wrote:
    Here is my entry.

It´s magical garden. The garden path goes past a small lake with waterfall. A dirt path leads up the hill. This garden is rules by a flamingo and 8 gnomes.

Your garden path is indeed magical Illusie, thank-you for sharing it with us. I'll get it entered in a few minutes.

(pssst: Pegasas' vampire gnomes do not stand a chance up against all the bright and cheery goodness I am seeing in these entries)
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

This is the entrance to a small beach side park I made. The gazebo overlooks the sea.

(edit to change picture with less of the gazebo showing)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kgaff wrote:

This is the entrance to a small beach side park I made. The gazebo overlooks the sea.

Hi Kgaff,

Welcome and thank-you for your beautiful entry...

But, you might want to make a small adjust, to bring your entry into accordance with the Rules:, Page 1, Item 4 "Buildings, of any kind, should be obscure."

Edit: typo
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited April 2014
    My entry. Unless I find time and inspiration to take a shot of a different scene... I'm so indecisive. Now I can go back and look at all the other pictures!

avdl.jpg
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited April 2014
    pegasas1993 - Oh my word! An epic battle between vampire gnomes and pink flamingos, how awesome. I love the disclaimer stating that no gnomes or flamingos were hurt in the process. Rofl

trishaanne1987 - Such a pretty landscape and an excellent use of the curved bridge. Nicely done cfe there.

aviamoldavia - Small and formal with a cute fountain as the focal point. If only I had a coin to toss in...

Alitoni - The sign, genius! If I were strolling along this path, I wonder which direction I would choose...

Aunza - Yes, it is a real commercial from the early (mid?) 90's. I remember it from when I was a kid and that's the only reason I know who Fabio is. *dies giggling*

jnscoey - You won't mind if I take a short nap on the bench, will you? It looks to be perfect for a quiet rest.

Frn0731 - A snowy path! Love the uniqueness of that as well as the secret meeting of the gnomes.

illusie - I can just imagine happy little fantasy creatures coming out to play each morning at the path you designed.

Kgaff - I love that you have a hidden curve right up front in your picture. It makes my mind think of all the possibilities I could encounter if I took the turn.

** I think I got everyone. If you were missed, it was unintentional.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow, there are so many beautiful entries ,this is such a fun contest!

Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited April 2014
    And again so many beautiful pictures! I guess that I'm becoming more and more inspired every second I spent on this thread :mrgreen:

@illusie, your entry is simply adorable! :mrgreen: What a combination of everything. LOVE IT!!!

@klb685, thank you! I'm glad that you like their tiny battle and the fact of neither of them being hurt :mrgreen:

VAMPIRE GNOMES VS FLAMINGOES: ROUND 3

"Another round and another wave of attacks. The battle is already coming to the end!"

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-UsLY9c5rdeI/U2AOC-rGGYI/AAAAAAAABJ8/dSYpCyiu0eA/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-11.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"As you can see, chances to survive on foot are equal for both sides, so cheer up your beloved side! Go, vampire gnomes, go! I mean... Go, flamingoes!" :mrgreen:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MhSqSuEzFMY/U2AOFLPXtZI/AAAAAAAABKQ/9i_n3w8DUhs/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-12.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Two against one... Not nice, ladies, not nice... Just tousle their feathers!" :twisted:

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5rzIJ-YlbT4/U2AOCzg95KI/AAAAAAAABKA/BaCNpkkFh1w/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-13.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"And it seems that dark side is winning. Muhahahaha!" :twisted:

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-V4pwk7FAsZw/U2AODplKTSI/AAAAAAAABKI/Yc2iPTLnuoE/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-14.jpg "width=600"[/img]

VAMPIRE GNOMES VS FLAMINGOES: ROUND 4. PART 1

"Last round is already starting! Finally, isn't it?" :mrgreen:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-aZqGqmUT9gc/U2ARxCZDz9I/AAAAAAAABK4/vrVP6lwPa0E/s800/Screenshot-15.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"It seems that there's 6 vampire gnomes against..."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-GF7-D_UbzaM/U2ARxDJhx0I/AAAAAAAABKw/VE_xW97tLVc/s800/Screenshot-16.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"... 4 poor and lonely flamingoes. Hmmmm..."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-2UL8CtcDFxE/U2ARyaHIeeI/AAAAAAAABLI/CAC5e5p72r4/s800/Screenshot-17.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"However, Aunza decided to make one FLAMINGO to stand up, so a good fairy (not the one evil twin witch sister who's kicking all those gnomes :lol: ) is doing her job and..."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-HWhfKN0-U58/U2ARx2lu1PI/AAAAAAAABK8/Hm8nVThjOdg/s800/Screenshot-18.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"... now there are 5 flamingoes against 6 vampire gnomes. Who's going to win this battle???" :shock: :shock: :shock:

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RpARuxvKCT4/U2ARya9aVCI/AAAAAAAABLM/Pw23gPNczyo/s800/Screenshot-19.jpg "width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited April 2014
    I had a quick few mins to check on here and see lots of new entries, I LOVE all these gardens! Soooooo much pretty. :shock: I just want to jump into these gardens, I've had like 2 or 3 days of actual warmth this spring, it's rather sad... it even snowed today. :cry:

Also I saw a few comments on my picture and although I am far too tired & lazy with not enough time to say thanks individually I am glad my bridge is liked. This was the first bridge I built, made a slanted roof in the house too for the first time. Was having fun learning to CFE finally. :mrgreen:

And I just want to say to illusie, I absolutely adore your avatar! It's so beautiful. :D
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pegasas I am loving the battle, so cute & fun. :mrgreen:
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited April 2014
    Screenshot-23_zps43a4b56f.jpg"width=640"

Includes 4 gnomes and 2 flamingos. ;)

I SPY...
    I spy with my little eye a garden gnome that is sinking nearby.
    The 2 flamingos squawked and cried,
    but the gnome king took action and ran to his side.
    "I'll save you," he called, just let me think...
    Do I know how to swim, or will I too just sink?

Thanks for your wonderful hospitality and generosity, Aunza. :)

PS - The shots already posted are all so wonderful and diverse! Great creativity....Go Flamingos...LOL
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited April 2014
    Entry- snowdove58
    Title- Red Poppy Path
    Screenshot

Screenshot-94_zpsbdeb293d.jpg"width=550"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    klb685 wrote:
    My entry. Unless I find time and inspiration to take a shot of a different scene... I'm so indecisive. Now I can go back and look at all the other pictures!
    Thank-you for entering your garden path, I almost missed the gnome which was very discretely placed to watch all those coming and going.
    Also, thank-you for all the comments. I try really hard to not write books when hosting, so I really appreciate those of you that comment on the entries.
    Frn0731 wrote:
    Wow, there are so many beautiful entries ,this is such a fun contest!
    I agree! I agree! Wish I did not have to judge.

@Pegasas - WAIT! WAIT! I changed my mind; seeing all those little ladies slain upon the path, with their petticoats showing, some of them even have their little faces planted in the earth, I am disturbed! I know they are not fairies but, but, but, do you think we could have the vampire gnomes dance in the moonlight with the flamingos, maybe even give each other spongehuggies?! ~laughing~

@Trishaanne - Thank-you also for being supportive. ~warm smile~

~image & emotes respectfully snipped~
    itguyinsc wrote:
    Includes 4 gnomes and 2 flamingos.

I SPY...
    I spy with my little eye a garden gnome that is sinking nearby.
    The 2 flamingos squawked and cried,
    but the gnome king took action and ran to his side.
    "I'll save you," he called, just let me think...
    Do I know how to swim, or will I too just sink?

Thanks for your wonderful hospitality and generosity, Aunza.

PS - The shots already posted are all so wonderful and diverse! Great creativity....Go Flamingos...LOL
    Welcome Itsy, Thank-you for entering your garden path and the adorable bonus item, a poem! ~big smile~
    Indeed, we are going to have a difficult time judging, all the entries are uniquely amazing.

~links respectfully snipped~
    snowdove58 wrote:
    Entry- snowdove58
    Title- Red Poppy Path
    Screenshot

Hiya Snowdove,
    Welcome!
    Thank-you for entering the Red Poppy Path. I'll be getting you signed in in just a few minutes. ~smiles~
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aunza wrote:
    @Pegasas - WAIT! WAIT! I changed my mind; seeing all those little ladies slain upon the path, with their petticoats showing, some of them even have their little faces planted in the earth, I am disturbed! I know they are not fairies but, but, but, do you think we could have the vampire gnomes dance in the moonlight with the flamingos, maybe even give each other spongehuggies?! ~laughing~

Now I feel bad for the vampire gnomes lol. I agree, a peace treaty is in order. :mrgreen:

Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    itguyinsc - I love your garden and poem. Took me a min but I had never even thought to recolor flamingos!

snowdove - That is an adorable bridge, wonderful idea. Beautiful garden!
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg