Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aMAYzing Homemade Gift Exchange ~ GIFTING NOW OPEN ~ YAY!!!!! : )

Comments

• Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have been back and forth on if I will join, the last time I was a bit intimidate and decided not to. I decided to read the whole thread and saw the cute pics/gifs of dogs and took that as a sign as I should participate :lol: I absolutely love dogs.

I will work on my letter and hopefully will get it done tonight :D I am really excited to join this time :mrgreen:
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited April 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    I have been back and forth on if I will join, the last time I was a bit intimidate and decided not to. I decided to read the whole thread and saw the cute pics/gifs of dogs and took that as a sign as I should participate :lol: I absolutely love dogs.

I will work on my letter and hopefully will get it done tonight :D I am really excited to join this time :mrgreen:

GLAD you've decided to give this a try! I'm sorry you felt intimidated by the last one you came across and chose not to join in on all the fun back then.

It really IS fun - anticipation builds as people get their Buddy names and start secretly working on gifts, more excitement builds with each check-in as friends mention how close they are to having their gift ready, and then gifting begins.... Oh.My.Goodness!! Between checking in to see if your own surprise has been revealed, revealing your surprise for another, or simply oohing and aahing over all the game goodies and even "borrowing" a number of them for closer inspections...

it is like a very large gift-giving party with the tree being hidden by the piles of presents

[img]http://img.pandawhale.com/52445-Dog-carrying-a-gift-costume-9z3n.jpeg "width=350"[/img]

every comfortable seat is filled with people chatting, laughing as they share stories and pictures (images or gifs), and admiring each gift being unwrapped

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JRokcOX1pZQ/Ta8tpsnrZmI/AAAAAAAAAUg/0Uk8YLly0ro/s1600/dogs.jpg "width=350"[/img]

and sharing pictures of yummy nibbles that tempt many (myself included!) to search cabinets for treats.

[img]http://carpediemclub.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/44663815_dogs_getty_466.jpg "width=350"[/img]

If you have any questions, please feel free to email Tanu or myself (email address found in our About Me) because we are here to help!
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited April 2014
    morning-070.jpg

I kind of feel like the guy in the picture, lol, can't wake up today! Days like this I wish I drank coffee! :shock:

Bookworm ~ I'm so glad to see your letter! I'm also very happy to hear your Mom is home and doing better. Trust me I know what it's like to have to go back and forth to the hospital when someone you love is there. Glad you're gonna relax with us! :D

Hi Missy! Nothing at all to be intimidated by! I've known many of the people who have written letters for several of these exchanges and they are all open, helpful, sweet people who are here to have fun and share a bit of themselves with all of us. Sit back, relax, have fun, and smile! Don't stress about the gift your making for your buddy. Just do the best you can. I look forward to your letter! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Form~
    Username: Missy2311
    Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: All of them

I have the following Store Content: I have a lot, so feel free to use whatever you like and if I don’t have it I will work on getting it soon. I will try to get a proper list together soon.

I have the following Worlds: Riverview, Hidden Springs, Monte Vista, Roaring Heights (standard), Sunlit Tides (gold), Aurora Skies (standard).

Some of my favorite Colors are: Pink, brightish blue, beige (not to much though)

I really don't like this Color: neons, orange, grey. I don’t really like too much darker/red wood tones.

I love to use this set: I don’t really have a favourite, but I’m not a fan of the futuristic or gothic ones.

I play mostly in this world: I haven’t really played much recently (mostly building) but I like Twinbrook, Sunset Valley and Sunlit Tides.

I enjoy this style of build the most: I am not very good with style. I am not sure what style it is but I like the typical family house that you would see nowadays. I prefer houses that are open and airy, if that makes sense. I don’t really like Victorian, steampunk or modern houses.

I really don't want this in my game: showtime venues or things relating to the showtime careers, mermaids, berry sims, no CC or CAP.

I would like lots of the following sizes: Any

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc: I am not interested in berry sims. Occult sims are fine, but I don’t particularly like werewolves.

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household: would not, they make my game lag.

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.): I prefer residential lots but if you would like to make a community lot I’m sure I would love it.

Houses - I like houses that look lived in and have more than one bedroom as I always end up playing families. I also like for there to be an area for some skill items like an easel or chess table. I don’t like really small kitchens, I prefer a bit of room to move. Most of the houses I play have a harvestable garden. I would love any sort of house. I recently got the tractor so I would be interested in a farmhouse that uses the tractor but is not too countryish (thats not a word but I can’t really describe what I am talking about).

Sims - My game seriously lacks male sims, I am terrible at making them. The males I do manage to make always end up looking nerdy, so I would love some more handsome males to even out my town, but I would also adore females if thats what you like making. I also love families, especially those who have different interests from each other, I get a bit bored if all my sims want to do the same thing. If you make a family I would rather there not be any more than 3 children at the most, I get a bit overwhelmed if there is too many sims in the household. I also prefer occult sims to look relatively normal, like they would fit in with the other sims in the town.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you both for being so nice and welcoming. I finally got my letter done, I am terrible at trying to say what I mean so I hope it makes sense. Also thank you for the dog pics :mrgreen: I loved them, they made me smile.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited April 2014
    missy2311 wrote:
    Thank you both for being so nice and welcoming. I finally got my letter done, I am terrible at trying to say what I mean so I hope it makes sense. Also thank you for the dog pics :mrgreen: I loved them, they made me smile.

[img]http://www.collectionsetc.com/images/product/large/large_21239.jpg "width=350"[/img]

Your letter looks fine :mrgreen:
    It wasn't terrible at all and made sense to me.
    I'm sure it will to your Buddy as well.

Glad you liked the dog pics, I had fun selecting them!
  • Options
    dawnrobdawnrob Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited April 2014

LETTER FORM

Username: dawnrob

Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs I have installed: all apart from Kate perry

I have the following Store Content: I have almost all , if you inclued something I have not got I will buy it *hugs*

I have the following Worlds: I have all the worlds

Some of my favorite Colors are: any pastals

I really don't like this Color: bright colours

I love to use this set: I like all the sets .. no real fav

I play mostly in this world: River view and sunset valley

I enjoy this style of build the most: Cottages and Modern .. but would love something different

I really don't want this in my game: CC and CAP

I would like lots of the following sizes: 40x40 or less

I enjoy/don't enjoy berry, occult sims, etc. I don't really play Berry and Occult sims

I would/would not enjoy pets in the household ...I Love pets .. Dogs and Horses mostly

Other~ (Describe here anything that you would really like.) Im sure that what ever you make for me will be just prefect ... so totally go for it .. Im sooo excited *hugs*
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited April 2014
    Almost time to get my buddy's name! Soooo excited!

tumblr_lkke77Wv6Q1qafrh6_zps064a4b37.gif
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited April 2014
    Wish you all happy weekend!! :)

I just want to say tt i revised my letter as i had bought & very recently installed Night Life :)

Wish you all best!! Exciting abt my buddy! :lol:
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited April 2014
    Iiiiiih, so exciting, I can't wait to figure out who my Buddy is gonna be!
    I have read through all of the letters and my head is buzzing with ideas on what to make for each and every one participating - yes, my head is really crowded today :mrgreen:.

How's everyone else?
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2014
    I hope you don't mind but I talked about this thread here.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ra345 wrote:

I just read it in my email! :mrgreen: Thanks! I love reading it each time you put one out. I really like the one you did about being the flash mob honoree also. :-)
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Tanu! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    An official welcome to Missy! As Addy said your letter is fine! :D

Welcome to Dawn as well so happy you got your letter in! :D

I can't believe letter time will close as of 6pm (est) tomorrow already! It seems Addy and I were just talking about doing one of these again and we're almost to the time to give the buddies names out again.

As letters come in I've been matching and then rematching and then re matching again but I've gotten it to where I'm hoping to have all emails out sooner rather than later. Of course that's not to say everything won't get moved around again, lol.

I just want you all to know that I do put a lot into matching you up with the best buddy I can. Sometimes I have different reasons for matching people up and I do spend a lot of time reading your letters, your about me's, sometimes your page posts and looking at your studios. Sometimes I even send someone a name that may be a bit challenging but I know you can do it! I want everyone to have fun and be relaxed about your buddies and not get worried about them liking what you're making them. So I try very hard to do the best I can to make that possible. I also send the list to Addy to see if she has any insight I may have missed before I send the emails. Please remember through this whole process both Addy and I are here to help you.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ra345 wrote:
    Thanks Tanu! :D

You're so welcome!
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    We are getting close to switching from accepting letters to getting buddies! I am so very excited to see who I get. It was a lot of fun making my very first build/houseboat last time so I am very excited to see what kind of crazy thing I am going to try this time to make my buddy happy!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    Ra345 wrote:

I just read it in my email! :mrgreen: Thanks! I love reading it each time you put one out. I really like the one you did about being the flash mob honoree also. :-)

Its funny... I was reading the article while Tanu & I were text chatting and it was mentioned between us :mrgreen:

VERY nicely written, Ra! Thanks for mentioning our exchange. I agree with your points as they are full of common sense & common courtesy. It would be lovely if more people in GG or ANY forum area would see this before clicking the submit button on their post.

Our Community would be a more pleasant place if everyone would...
    [img]http://www.abundancehighway.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/be-kind.jpg "width=350"[/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTioJki7m2AmS_Fa8LFGz0uaQdvTN-EnwFVDgGcLd9Sz9VPOj3CIA

Less than 24 hours to get those letters in! :shock:
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited April 2014
    I would love to participate in this, but I will be gone from the 15th to the 21 of May. Good luck to everyone. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Tick+Tock+Tick+Tock+Tick+Tock+Tick+Tock.+Tick+Tock_34fc3b_4019186.gif

The deadline for joining is almost over, there's still time to participate
    People are excited to find out who their Buddy is and want to end the wait
    Soon there will be sounds of plans being drawn and construction noise
    More anticipation will build while everyone waits for new shiny toys
    Before you know it, gifts will be made and then gifting days will be here
    Remember in each "phase" to relax, enjoy your creativity, there's nothing to fear

because...
    we are ALL friends here!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you Godshelpio :D Maybe you'll be able to join in the fun the next one. That is if I can talk my partner in crime into another after this :lol:
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    I can't join this time, but I want to join the next one. When is the next one planned? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tanubanue wrote:
    Thank you Godshelpio :D Maybe you'll be able to join in the fun the next one. That is if I can talk my partner in crime into another after this :lol:

[img]http://www.sphinxproductions.com/films/twist/highrez/files/twist_titletreatment.jpg "width=250"[/img]

[img]http://www.twistclean.com/storage/twist_logo2.jpg "width=250"[/img]

All right, all right...
    enough with the twisting :lol:

If you're up for doing another one,
    [img]http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-count-me-in.png "width=250"[/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No matter how one looks at it, there is less than
    [img]http://cordelia.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345269c569e2017ee62f1ba6970d-pi "width=350"[/img]
    hours
    left to get those letters in!

Deadline is TONIGHT, 6PM (EST)
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    So I get to get my buddy name at 6:01 pm right *grins*

I know I know! I just can't wait!!!