Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bakery Themed Build Contest (^-^) - Winners Announced & Gifted!!!

Comments

• Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited April 2014
    brandi22 wrote:
    Hello Jodi :-)

I am thinking about joining and have a question...I sometimes start builds using EA lots as the template. Is this allowed or does the lot have to be a brand new build from the ground up? Thanks to you and ingram1123 for hosting, looks like a very fun contest! :D
    It has to be a new build from the ground up. Thank you for your interest! We certainly appreciate everyone's interest and support. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    Peachy1102 wrote:

Peachy1102,
    The Blue Bird Café reminds me of an old fashion restaurant from the outside. Like several of them I have gone to in the past.
    The choice of dining outside or inside will be wonderful for the sims that come to dine there. It is really nicely done and roomy :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    clover087,
    Cappucino Café looks like a great place to grab that cup of jo in the morning. The inspiration of it being from an actually café is wonderful.
    I love all the flowers and bushes you have around it and it makes it appear like it could fit into the city or a country location. I can just see sims sitting there and drinking jo inside or outside and having a nice outing there.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    ritaroxy12,
    The Western Lasso is a beautiful log cabin dining facility. It just catches my eye and makes me feel like I am in the country. I love the details you have put into this lot and the feel of it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stevesuzz wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I was not sure myself if they came from showtime or katey perry. They sure make me think Katey Perry.
  • Options
    RosieFluxxRosieFluxx Posts: 1,342 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hellooo!

Been keeping tabs on this for a while now and actually started my entry today! Been having so much fun building and creating but now I'm wondering if I've gone a bit overboard haha!

Just wondering if there is a lot size requirement at all? I don't think I've come across any mention and wanted to check =)

I'm glad we've still got a while to go til the end coz it's gonna take me forever to furnish this place it's so HUGE!! :lol:

Everyone's entries are looking fantastic though and a real inspiration, for both my bakery build and real life... it's making me want to bake! Think I'll make some cupcakes for the weekend :mrgreen:
    dec7bd7e-5d9d-47af-8ab4-5d5e68212e68_zps1731c338.jpg
  • Options
    brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    brandi22 wrote:
    Hello Jodi :-)

I am thinking about joining and have a question...I sometimes start builds using EA lots as the template. Is this allowed or does the lot have to be a brand new build from the ground up? Thanks to you and ingram1123 for hosting, looks like a very fun contest! :D
    It has to be a new build from the ground up. Thank you for your interest! We certainly appreciate everyone's interest and support. :mrgreen:

Okay! Thanks for letting me know :-)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • Options
    ingram1123ingram1123 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited April 2014
    RosieFluxx wrote:
    Hellooo!

Been keeping tabs on this for a while now and actually started my entry today! Been having so much fun building and creating but now I'm wondering if I've gone a bit overboard haha!

Just wondering if there is a lot size requirement at all? I don't think I've come across any mention and wanted to check =)

I'm glad we've still got a while to go til the end coz it's gonna take me forever to furnish this place it's so HUGE!! :lol:

Everyone's entries are looking fantastic though and a real inspiration, for both my bakery build and real life... it's making me want to bake! Think I'll make some cupcakes for the weekend :mrgreen:
    HELLOOOOO lol ...very good question, and no there is no lot size requirement or limit. So please, go overboard and all out. So excited to see your build. Have fun and good luck!!
  • Options
    stevesuzzstevesuzz Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Those items are okay to use stevesuzz because they came with the normal edition of Showtime. They will look great in a bakery. Enjoy bakery building using them :)

Thank you for letting me know that :wink:
    I will for sure enjoy using those items,they look so lovely :D

Have a great day rose :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stevesuzz wrote:

Thank you for sharing. I was not sure myself if they came from showtime or katey perry. They sure make me think Katey Perry.

I was thinking the same too,they look so katey perry stuff..lol..
    So it was nice to know we can use those items,they look so nice :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014

brandi22, not at all. (:

• Options
    edited April 2014

To further add to the confusion, there is apparently also a Katy Perry edition of Showtime and I think, candy-themed stuff in the Simporting rewards too. :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Simporting rewards bank - here's the link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7662783. :D
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited April 2014
    Looks like a lot of fun! :D I will be joining this contest.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    To further add to the confusion, there is apparently also a Katy Perry edition of Showtime and I think, candy-themed stuff in the Simporting rewards too. :lol:

yea but the reward items isn't a problem if you just ahve the normal edition of show time they show....

you can even unlock them using a mod (I do)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

yea but the reward items isn't a problem if you just ahve the normal edition of show time they show....

This is just getting confusing :shock:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

I know all of that. Even put a Simporting rewards bank as material for this contest. A Simmer's neat idea. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    godshelpio wrote:
    Looks like a lot of fun! :D I will be joining this contest.
    :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ritaroxy12 wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

This is just getting confusing :shock:
    :lol: Don't worry about it. Basically, the Simporting rewards are just that, rewards you unlock when you send your Sims on tour so every Showtime edition should have that. ;)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

I know all of that. Even put a Simporting rewards bank as material for this contest. A Simmer's neat idea. :)

very near idea...

becouse I can't simport... and well I lost all I already gotten when I change computer... (even though an EA suport told me it was linked to my acount and I didn't have to start over)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This is The Nescafe..A great place for your sims to hang out..
    There is food and drinks to buy here,and also ice cream :D Some arcade games and a book case for those who wants to read.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8153420

screenshot-14_zps3a52a388.jpg

screenshot-22_zps3d49faa5.jpg

screenshot-23_zps9f9972b8.jpg

screenshot-25_zpsa018f5ee.jpg

screenshot-24_zpsa8977624.jpg

More pictures on slideshow here:
    http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/suzzsteve/slideshow/The Nescafe?sort=3

My wishlist http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=stevesuzz#

• Options
    edited April 2014
    stevesuzz,
    The Nescafe is really nice and I love the pool table and book case in it. Adding the game area is nice for the children and gamers. It is cute.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited April 2014
    The Nescafé is a great build stevesuzz :) Great exterior of it. It looks great how you have placed the awnings over the windows. The cornices look great. Nice outdoors dining patio area for sims to enjoy eating their food in the sunlight and air. It looks great how you have placed the trees on the side of this patio. Nice furnishing of the interior of the building. It looks great how you have set up the barista bar area. The cake, cupcake and flan stands look nice placed on the counter and shelf there. They are nice for sims to see when they come to buy food or a drink. Nice type of and placement of the dining tables and seats. It looks great how you have placed the 2 pictures of the woman on each side of the corner wall. Sims will have fun playing pool or the arcade games. It is great that you have the snowcone and ice cream machines there for sims to enjoy getting these items from and eating either inside or outdoors. It looks great how you have placed the cupcakes and ice cream sculptures in the glass cabinets. They are great window displays to see from outside too. Nice sectional sofa seating corner nook for sims to either sit and have a read, or enjoy eating their ice cream there. Great outdoors back area for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine on the seat benches. The water fountain features there look nice. Very nice picture with the light house in the background.
    It is a nice place to come for food, a drink and playing games. :)
  • Options
    NyosimNyosim Posts: 816 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi OP,

My build save is glitching like crazy lately, I'll have to drop out :( But good luck everyone else! 8)
    900woh.png