Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bakery Themed Build Contest (^-^) - Winners Announced & Gifted!!!

Comments

• Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    Hi OP,

My build save is glitching like crazy lately, I'll have to drop out :( But good luck everyone else! 8)
    I'm sorry to hear that. ): Wanna tell us more? Maybe we or another Simmer can help.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    Hi OP,

My build save is glitching like crazy lately, I'll have to drop out :( But good luck everyone else! 8)

You are not alone with the glitching while trying to save. I have contacted The Sims 3 Help desk and they have told me the following.
    1. Use the Supper Patch.
    2. Uninstall Java and then re-install Java and see if that helps.
    3. Uninstall and Re-install all your games and store content.

Those are the items that the Help desk suggested to me and another friend that are having issues with our games as well.

If none of that helps contact them and ask for help.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:
    anettesb wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:
    To further add to the confusion, there is apparently also a Katy Perry edition of Showtime and I think, candy-themed stuff in the Simporting rewards too. :lol:

yea but the reward items isn't a problem if you just ahve the normal edition of show time they show....

you can even unlock them using a mod (I do)
    I know all of that. Even put a Simporting rewards bank as material for this contest. A Simmer's neat idea. :)

very near idea...

becouse I can't simport... and well I lost all I already gotten when I change computer... (even though an EA suport told me it was linked to my acount and I didn't have to start over)
    *nods* Sometimes my Simporting failed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Updated up to here and thanks, ladydarkmoon24 for helping!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    Nyosim wrote:
    Hi OP,

You are not alone with the glitching while trying to save. I have contacted The Sims 3 Help desk and they have told me the following.
    1. Use the Supper Patch.
    2. Uninstall Java and then re-install Java and see if that helps.
    3. Uninstall and Re-install all your games and store content.

Those are the items that the Help desk suggested to me and another friend that are having issues with our games as well.

If none of that helps contact them and ask for help.

before reinstalling consider doing this:

Before every play session
    1) Remove any content in the folder: FeaturedItems
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/12/tutorial-turning-off-ingame-store-and-preventing-loading-of-pictures.html
    2) Make sure picture and video folder is empty
    3) Delete the xcpt files
    4) Delete the following cache.package files:
    a. CasPartCache.package
    b. compositorCache.package
    c. scriptCache.package
    d. simCompositorCache.package
    e. socialcache.package
    NOTE: do NOT delete userpresets.package
    5) Do NOT delete anything in the DCCache folder! This is where the installed content lives.
    6) Do NOT delete the ccmerged.package file!
    7) You can delete the files in the "world cache" folder - do NOT delete these if you use a Mac

it helps me a lot

also if it is "only" the build save that glitches do this:

1) save the lot to the bin
    2) exsit game
    3) delete old save in the electronic art folder
    4) reopen game
    5) make a new build save
    6) plot down your saved lot
    7) continiu working on it

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited April 2014
    stevesuzz great build as usual!I love your architectural details :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Thank you, anettesb!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Anette! I didn't know that about the "Featured Items" folder!

Thought I'd give this a go.

Entry: romagi

Lot Name: Downtown Shoppe
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8158374

Description: Family Fun or Date Nite the Downtown Shoppe has it all! Luncheon / Ice Cream Parlor, Snack / Trinket Shop and Drinks / Arcade Pub! The register in the Parlor is the food register and the register in the Shop is the consignment register.

iiwZyPacYiN3b.jpg

ib2qtPA5silLSW.jpg

iwkKCOTRqrJPi.jpg

i4uHOGRC9Fge2.jpg

i1BQ6275n9kkr.jpg

Additional Pictures: http://romagi.minus.com/mIig8v6knTenM

I plan to nominate/share! :D Thank you!

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    edited April 2014
    Downtown Shoppe is a great place for sims to enjoy visiting romagi1 :) Great designing of and furnishing of the different areas of it! The exterior of it looks great. Great texture that you have used for the exterior wall.The posters on the exterior wall and the star sign look great and will attract sims to want to come to the venue when they are approaching it. Nice recolouring of the awnings. It looks great how you have used the two types of awnings to suit the different shops. The pink, green and grey colour scheme of the cafe/trinket shop looks very nice. Very nice recolouring of the windows exterior area of the cafe. Nice outdoors dining area. Great type of dining seats you have used that suit the area of the build. The neon lights on the windows and the way you have placed and patterned the curtains on the front door looks very nice! Very nice window displays. The flan stand, cake and Eiffel Tower items look very nice there. It looks great how you have set up the barista bar and consignment register counter area! It looks very nice how you have placed the items on the back wall counter! The recolouring of each of the serviettes a different colour looks so nice! The jars, jugs and pots with the utensils in them all look great! Great recolouring of each of them! The cake and cupcake stands on the glass tables in the middle of the room looks nice. The hearts picture on the wall adds to the nice look and feel to the room when sims come to order their food. Great placement of the shelves on the back wall, and it looks great how you have placed the wall lights in between them. Very nice ice cream parlour! The purple of the awnings looks great. It looks great that you have placed the large ice cream sculptures in the windows. It looks great how you have done the back wall counter area there too! Great placement of the cabinets and shelves ! It looks great how you have created nooks for the ice cream machines. Sims will enjoy having an ice cream from the machine. Nice recolouring of the tablecloths. Great layout of the build. The trinket area looks great. It looks great how you have placed the different items on the shelves and tables. The bookcases look great placed either side of the shelves. The recoloured mugs and plates shelf on the wall is a great touch. It looks great how you have done the nectar racks area! Great mooing work through the build! It looks great how you have placed the nectar racks either side of the cabinet.. Great upstairs bar and arcade level! Sims will have fun playing pool, foosball and the arcade machine games there or doing some karaokeing . It is a great place to go for entertainment ! The gumball machine looks great there. It looks great how you have set up the tables and stools for sims to sit and have a drink from the bar. The trumpet and musical notes sign on the walls look great.
    It is a great place to go for food, entertainment and to buy and sell goods ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    romagi1,
    Your bakery looks like it could be in a city in New York or other major city. It is cute and makes me think old fashion.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2014
    romagi1

nice lot... could fit many places... but do have a city feel

no problem sharing what I know... got thirred looking for info so started writting down what worked for me in an easy what to do list...

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Updated up to here. :D Yes, you should! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014

romagi1, I've noticed that your wishlist doesn't have anything on it. So could you please put stuff on it, including of course the bakery venue? This will makes it easier to gift the winners when the time comes and ensures that no mistake is made when awarding the prizes. :)

All the other entrants, if you haven't done so already, please do the same! If you're nominating someone, please make sure of this as well. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Some great looking venues have been coming in :-)
    I'm still slogging away at my little shop.
    I've picked an obscure theme :oops:
    I'm now a bit stumped trying to come up with appropriate things to put on the shelves.
    Oh well there's still time for inspiration to strike :wink:
    Happy simming.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm now a bit stumped trying to come up with appropriate things to put on the shelves.
    Happy simming.
    I second that. :) Wow; good on you! Now, I really can't wait to see it! :mrgreen: Indeed, there is! ;D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    romagi1, I've noticed that your wishlist doesn't have anything on it. So could you please put stuff on it, including of course the bakery venue? This will makes it easier to gift the winners when the time comes and ensures that no mistake is made when awarding the prizes. :)

All the other entrants, if you haven't done so already, please do the same! If you're nominating someone, please make sure of this as well. :mrgreen:
    Near the top if possible. I know wishlists can rearrange itself so if it is not really possible, please don't waste your time; we'll deal! ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Happy simming.

You could always google your theme and see what type of pictures they have and take some cues from it. That might help with sparking some new ideas for your theme.
    Or ask a few friends to take a peak and give you a few suggestions on what they think fits into your theme. Sometimes asking friends for help can get one really inspired and add a few new ideas to those you have brewing in your head....
    Just a few suggestions on getting through the design block...

• Options
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:

Hi! :D About the WL thing. :? If I should be so lucky as to get 1st I am planning on a nomination but as fast as simmers are being gifted I can't guarantee who will still have it on their WL when the contest closes and should I get 2nd or 3rd I would like to share with several simmers so I was unsure how to do the WL part. :D

• Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi ladydarkmoon24. Thank you for your very thoughtfully suggestion :)
    I have the actual lot built with 2 adjoining shops.
    I'm a little light on merchandise for the sales shelves.
    I think I'll just have to rethink what will be sold in these shops.
    I'll just have to be imaginative to fit my theme :wink:
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    RosieFluxxRosieFluxx Posts: 1,342 Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm still working on my entry also! Such a big build, I may have taken on a bit too much with this contest lol. Most difficult bit so far has been trying to figure out the roof...

Gosh I HATE doing rooves!

Oh and tonnes of constrainfloorelevation to do split leveling... gosh! haha

Not had any time to work on it last few days though, hopefully tomorrow I can get it finished :mrgreen:

Everyones builds look amazing so far!
    dec7bd7e-5d9d-47af-8ab4-5d5e68212e68_zps1731c338.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    romagi1 wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

Hi! :D About the WL thing. :? If I should be so lucky as to get 1st I am planning on a nomination but as fast as simmers are being gifted I can't guarantee who will still have it on their WL when the contest closes and should I get 2nd or 3rd I would like to share with several simmers so I was unsure how to do the WL part. :D
    Hmm ... okay! How very kind and sweet of you to want to give away your winnings to other people! :mrgreen: So okay you can do what you want! Just put a note saying 'you want to share' in your entry so we'll know to wait to give out prizes if you do win! :) And keep backup nominees in mind just in case! ;)
  • Options
    6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA Posts: 142 Member
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    edited April 2014
    Eater's Dream Restaurants is great 6MC2C-EAPAL-CCQA :) Great description of it on the exchange link. It is great that you have a variety of different types of eating styles and places in your build. Great designing of and layout of the different areas of the build! Great exterior of the buildings! The roofing looks great! Very nice front outdoors sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat benches there, enjoying the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have placed the seats around the four sides of the trees. Nice furnishing of the interior of the restaurants. Great bar area . Sims will enjoy sitting on the bar stools having a drink there. Nice type of stools you have used. It looks great how you have done the flooring under the bar counter. The red curtains and the ceiling candle lights there look nice. It looks great how you have set up the eating area where you have placed the glass tables and the curved chairs. The sunflowers near the walls and the flowers on the table tops are nice for sims to see when dining there. It looks great how you have done the steps down to this sunken eating area. Great Asian restaurant area. Sims will enjoy eating the food cooked on the Japanese grill. The yellow and red colour scheme of the restaurant looks nice.The Asian themed ceiling lights give a great look to the room. It looks great how you have done the curved sectional sofa seating area in the restaurant area with the dance floor in it. Sims will enjoy sitting and resting on the sofas watching other sims dancing. The light effects look great! Great outdoors dining areas. It looks nice how you have recoloured the chairs the different colours and placed them around the umbrella shade tables in one of the areas of the build.
    It is a great build! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    JodiRebby wrote:
    romagi1 wrote:
    JodiRebby wrote:

Hmm ... okay! How very kind and sweet of you to want to give away your winnings to other people! :mrgreen: So okay you can do what you want! Just put a note saying 'you want to share' in your entry so we'll know to wait to give out prizes if you do win! :) And keep backup nominees in mind just in case! ;)

Thanks for allowing this! :D I'll get that added!

Thanks ladydarkmoon and anette!

I'm heading in to rec and check out all the entries now! :D