Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation new set this week

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Well, looking on the bright side, I now have 1861 SimPoints. Waiting a couple more hours to see if I can get 50 more SimPoints by watching the Slim Jim ads. Hope so. If not today, then hopefully before next Thursday. I suspect this set will be at 1900 SimPoints and I hope to have enough saved to buy it.

It will probably be on sale at release, so you should have enough points already :)
    The Monarch Suite set was the last set that was released, and it went one sale the minute it was released. It is likely that the Bohemian Garden set will be on sale the moment it gets released.
    The million dollar question now is, when will it be released. :?
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Well, looking on the bright side, I now have 1861 SimPoints. Waiting a couple more hours to see if I can get 50 more SimPoints by watching the Slim Jim ads. Hope so. If not today, then hopefully before next Thursday. I suspect this set will be at 1900 SimPoints and I hope to have enough saved to buy it.
    That is great Nik :) The free simpoint advertisements are awesome for eligible simmers :)
    There's no venue coming with the set so I very much doubt it'll be as much as 1900 Simpoints. I'm predicting 1600 with a release sale of 1400.
    The sets can sometimes cost as much as the venues. I am thinking 1700-1900 simpoints for this set. I am not too concerned if the release date is next week, I just hope the blog is coming soon :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

It will probably be on sale at release, so you should have enough points already :)

I see your avi is available for download in your studio and it says she has no CC. So what I MUST know is... WHAT HAIRSTYLE IS THAT???? I must have it!
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I see your avi is available for download in your studio and it says she has no CC. So what I MUST know is... WHAT HAIRSTYLE IS THAT???? I must have it!

That's the Katy Perry hair.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I'm glad you knew the answer to that, because I had no clue lol :lol:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just checking in and...what? Arrrgh, no news yet. :(

Poor Angry Bird was so disheartened about this, he swallowed his plumbbob. :mrgreen:

th?id=HN.607999882633872658&w=269&h=167&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Well then, as Arnold said..."I'll be back!"
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Anarchh wrote:
    If it doesn't come out today, I shall be forced to do terrible , HORRIBLE THINGS - like my laundry and grocery shopping :wink:
    Whoa! Please don't do anything desparate!

:lol::lol::lol:
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    SagaSaga Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't mind EA to offer new stuff only once per month. My purse it thankful for this limitation, because my greedy "me" can't resist to buy it.

But it is neither correct nor polite to leave us - the customers and finally the financial supporters of this company - in the dark, when we can expect new "ware" or , even worse - to give us only some scraps of information to "make rumors and speculations cook". I firmly critisize this behaviour.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I'm glad you knew the answer to that, because I had no clue lol :lol:

I didn't either for a while, but it was my Avi hair for a while and people kept asking. I think it was LE version of Showtime only though :(
  • Options
    seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Usualy this time I am able to buy new set, get back from cinema and fought that I might reed bloog before buying set but No - EA get lazy :oops:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    I must shower and hang up the washing... I will check back later to see if there is any news... :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Color me crushed... I have VOWED not to buy that Stuff Pack! LOL Now.... if they put it on sale for 5 bucks I WOULD break that vow, just to get that hair! Curse you EA!!! :evil:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited March 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Color me crushed... I have VOWED not to buy that Stuff Pack! LOL Now.... if they put it on sale for 5 bucks I WOULD break that vow, just to get that hair! Curse you EA!!! :evil:

It's from Showtime's Limited Edition, not from Sweet Treats, so you're safe. :D

I actually use build items from Sweet Treats all the time when adding an ice cream shop to my towns....I resisted it at first, but I'm glad I bought it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    I must shower and hang up the washing... I will check back later to see if there is any news... :)
    I probably would have forgotten that I also had washed clothes today, and have to hang them up. If you hadn't posted about hanging up clothes today kate. :lol::D
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    That is great Nik :) The free simpoint advertisements are awesome for eligible simmers :)
    Oh, sorry Kate! I didn't mean to rub it in or anything. I realize we're quite lucky here in the US to have the opportunity to earn free SimPoints. My apologies for being insensitive. :oops:
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited March 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    I probably would have forgotten that I also had washed clothes today, and have to hang them up. If you hadn't posted about hanging up clothes today kate. :lol::D

this is sooo funny, same thing here! (in the netherlands) Thanks Kate!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Actually on further investigation, I am almost certain its this store hair http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20960&scategoryId=13817

I looked on SimsVIP and there appears to be only one hair that came with the KP showtime edition. Its also not one of the hairs from sweet treats.

it would be nice if we had better preview pics for store hair :roll:

second edit: I did some googling to see if I could get better pictures of the stuff in runway riot, and it is definitely that store hair I linked :)

http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3s-runway-riot-set.html
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    SchokomaeuschenSchokomaeuschen Posts: 59 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I pushed the button to update the sims3 store nearly every minute since more than two hours!
    I would like to buy the new store content now. :cry:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh well. I guess it s coming next week.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Actually on further investigation, I am almost certain its this store hair http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20960&scategoryId=13817

I looked on SimsVIP and there appears to be only one hair that came with the KP showtime edition. Its also not one of the hairs from sweet treats.

it would be nice if we had better preview pics for store hair :roll:

second edit: I did some googling to see if I could get better pictures of the stuff in runway riot, and it is definitely that store hair I linked :)

http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3s-runway-riot-set.html

How have I not seen that one? Here's the Katy Perry one.(the color is terrible, I know) Very similar! Looks like the runway riot version has just slightly less "volume"
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited March 2014
    citytube wrote:
    I agree, they could have given us a release date. It really shows a total lack of respect for the customer, this lack of communication.

Well maybe they should stop making content PERIOD... then people wouldn't have anything to complain about....

Remember they don't HAVE to release anything for this game at this point. It isn't showing lack of respect for the customer at all. They are creating content to MAKE the customer happy but then again some people are never content with what they are given.

They don't have to create content for us, that's absolutely true. But they do have to create content for their business, particularly as TS4 was delayed. If EA wants to maintain enthusiasm for the franchise, particularly in light of the TS4 delay, the easiest way to do it is to keep feeding the hungry masses thereby keeping the masses hungry.

I don't understand the hand wringing over possibly not getting new content today, particularly since we know we're getting new content this month, but then again, I'm not as invested in TS3 as some other simmers are. I'm sure I get crazy and obsessive about some things that other simmers would be like, "Yeah, I mean, that hobby is nice and all, but it's not worth getting emotional over."
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    How have I not seen that one? Here's the Katy Perry one.(the color is terrible, I know) Very similar! Looks like the runway riot version has just slightly less "volume"

The runway riot one is more jessica rabbit. its a really sleek look. this sim is the first time I've ever had the opportunity to use it :)
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    :cry: I thought of the new content nearly every day. And since store updates come at the first thursday of the month always, I nervously expected the new set to be released today.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    They still haven't updated the Sale page and they do that every Thursday. So I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope but that glimmer is fading rapidly.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    In Europe the evening is nearly at it's end and so it's gettin time to sleep. :cry::cry: