Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else thinks toddlers and children are ugly?

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think they all look round and pudding faced, and I love them.
    Initially, when the game first came out I was appalled at how rounded and fat headed sims 3 sims were.
    Now, I have grown to love their puddingly goodness.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think they look like toddlers and kids. Real toddlers and kids are rarely beauties. Their faces are round. Their bodies are round. Their features haven't really developed yet. Kids go through that phase where their smile is a jumble of baby teeth, holes and adult teeth which are way too big for their faces.

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited March 2014
    I usually think the toddlers and kids are ugly when they age up, but I fix them right away with cc hair and it makes a huge difference. I cannot stand any of the EA hair. They do all look alike otherwise, too.
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    edited March 2014
    not at all this is the latest inborn toddler im playing with ava i think she is cute and kinda lifelike

29krp5k.jpg

2nalf03.jpg

d5l5l.jpg
  • Options
    and-it-is-onand-it-is-on Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited March 2014
    Maybe I have TS3 Stockholm Syndrome after all these years but I pretty much always think children are cute. I don't really remember thinking kids were ugly in the beginning though, I just really HATED the EA skin on children(and all the other ages).

966799_136119856580564_1289935519_o.jpg"width=640"

Ok your kids are adorable! You're lucky, all my kids are boring and pretty much look the same. I don't really like kids in game but I don't get pretty ones like yours so that's why :lol:
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    lydiad206 wrote:
    He's kind of adorable! I'm interested in knowing what he looks like all grown up!
    I saved him to my Exports file. I plan to upload him to my studio tonight. Since you asked, I'll also age him up to Young Adult in CAS and take his picture. Thanks!

Edited to add:

Here's a picture of what Tang-Xian Kim will look like as a Young Adult:

Screenshot-2843a_zps87fc6a9e.jpg

And here is a link if you'd like to download him as a child:

Tang-Xigravean_Kim_cover_zps21d8aee6.png

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8074025
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is about as cute as the children get in my game.
    Screenshot-672_zps2e84de64.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-326_zps3dfd6dfc.jpg"width=640"

I Find the children in my game usually look the same and aren't very cute (I think those 2 are pretty cute though)

But toddlers are usually always adorable!
    Screenshot-77_zps47edb8d0.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-587_zpscc5517de.jpg"width=640"
    Screenshot-555_zps8cae12d3.jpg"width=640"

2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited March 2014

Are you kiddin' me? All those kids look cute to me :D Esp this little one <3

• Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think the big problem with sim children is that they all look the same. That's my pet peeve about them. Don't get me wrong, my game has thrown me some cute ones, but more often than not, they all look like little clones. I could stare at the toddlers all day. But I get bored with the child stage. It's not just because of their looks. But because there are so many things they can't do, like learn to play an instrument.

I've also had sims who were just horrid when it came to looks as toddlers and children. But when they became teens and young adults, they became so stunning that it just blew me away.
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited March 2014
    In my game the ugliest kids turn out to be beautiful (imo) when they're older, and usually the cuter the kids look the more plain they look as adults.
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited March 2014
    Agreed! Some of the kids you guys are posting look adorable, but mine never seem to turn out that way.
    And then if you throw them in CAS to fix it, they age up all wrong.

I've just kind of accepted it haha
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited March 2014
    OMG, everyone's kiddies are soooo cute!

ab.gif

As for myself, I've had the good, the bad and the ugly in my game! When I get an "odd" looking baby or child, I'll wait until they age up to teens before I take action. Sometimes they will actually grow into their features and be alright. If not, it's CAS time! :lol:

The good: Sian, my fourth generation Legacy heiress. My favorite born-in-game ever.
    Screenshot-1815.jpg

The ugly: A child from a very old "Crazy Simmers" House I played. Odd looking child which was strange because her parents were both good looking. Made a horrible looking teen until a CAS intervention!

Screenshot-3100.jpg

Screenshot-3132.jpg

Screenshot-3133.jpg
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014

Are you kiddin' me? All those kids look cute to me :D Esp this little one <3

Aw thanks :mrgreen: I don't get many cute kids, those are the lucky ones :lol:
    But I agree about this little one. His name is Darien and he is one of my absolute favourites :D
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sian is adorable Darkling!
    2wn09yb.jpg
  • Options
    VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited March 2014
    Darkling wrote:

The good: Sian, my fourth generation Legacy heiress. My favorite born-in-game ever.
    Screenshot-1815.jpg

Wowwwwwwww <3<3

She is so adorable!
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2014
    this thread is a lie!

E1539362CFE20429D27A7D4AD1B321D88D88F304
    0F4AD465D0EDBCBA8C76D0AF4E73DB8B70B1F9CF
    DCD30D65F4E28FE09CE23F63AA27E3AC2F56D8E5
    67082E411DB44007AEF77FA8B2EF5A932EA8B38B
    875C318F89A134FB45884FA0D0C6B71B423B18F1
    56337ADBCBA5AADA2871FAD525788D5FDD4ECEC9
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2014
    personally I think the toddlers and the kids are cute! in game. Mine are without custom content other than hair. I don't know how to use skins and stuff so...

Here is my 3rd generation heir California and her brother Colorado as toddlers (they are not twins). I had to link the page to my wordpress account cause I don't have pics of them on my desktop

http://orkhid22.com/?attachment_id=3678

Here is California as a child

4UgvSEG.jpg

Personally I thought she was cute

Here she is as a YA

d6W72ZW.jpg

Here's rado as a child

tp8dw71.jpg

and here's him as a teen

IbKB2VK.jpg

and here's a pic of Cali's niece as a toddler. I think she's cute too

JZrIBUd.jpg

she's half IF half human
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited March 2014
    They're cute, though, I wish they had chubbier cheeks.

My problem with them is that they really do look all the same, so it can be a bit boring having the toddlers and children until they reach teen and adult hood (when they actually start looking different).

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think my toddlers and kids are cute.

2lthf6q.jpg
    e0sur.jpg
    sl664i.jpg
    icolrp.jpg
    15d2bnb.jpg
    28bwwew.jpg
    14n3hgz.jpg
    2zokvg1.jpg
    10gljlk.jpg
    2na0d3l.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think toddlers, children, and even teens in this game aren't all that attractive. The toddlers all look identical and so do the kids and the teens faces always seem to be just a little... out of wack. I mean, I don't think they are "ugly" they just are never unique or interesting really. The only pictures I've seen where a child or toddler looks slightly more interesting or different than they all always do are the ones where the creator loaded them up with cc. Take away the fancy skin, hair, and eyes and the genetics the game gave them would leave you with your standard boring faced toddler/child. I really should look into getting some skins I think...
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2014
    From going through this thread I can see so many adorable toddlers/children that it makes me want to go back into my game and make more babies!

Yes, I have seen some not so good looking toddlers/children in my saves but mostly they are adorable (at least to me) and because I have vetted all the parents' genetics I know even the "unfortunate" ones will grow up just fine :D

Here are the kids in my current save.
    binddu.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    I think toddlers, children, and even teens in this game aren't all that attractive. The toddlers all look identical and so do the kids and the teens faces always seem to be just a little... out of wack. I mean, I don't think they are "ugly" they just are never unique or interesting really. The only pictures I've seen where a child or toddler looks slightly more interesting or different than they all always do are the ones where the creator loaded them up with cc. Take away the fancy skin, hair, and eyes and the genetics the game gave them would leave you with your standard boring faced toddler/child. I really should look into getting some skins I think...

this is exactly how i see it as well. all too bland so i rarely play kids or younger.
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    That entire family is adorable, Mikezumi!
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited March 2014
    lydiad206 wrote:
    That entire family is adorable, Mikezumi!
    Thank you :D I am very happy with them :D
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I think my toddlers and kids are cute.

2lthf6q.jpg
    e0sur.jpg
    sl664i.jpg
    icolrp.jpg
    15d2bnb.jpg
    28bwwew.jpg