Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Prism Art Studio is HERE!

Comments

• Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited February 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    :shock: Glass gnome(s?) This venue is just sounding better and better!

I never really paid attention to gnomes in my game, so now I want to do that XD

I just hope they aren't too hard to get - or too easy either:)

Yes, I know what you mean :)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am extremely DISAPPOINTED to find out that the stained glass windows are only available in ONE design and are NOT re-colorable to boot! What were you guys THINKING???? :evil:
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2014
    how did you find out? i was hoping for a few designs as well. the bright colours do not go with anything in my gameplay... dissapointment here as well.
    still looking forward for the rest of the items... :lol:
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm cautious about the gnomes. Being craftables it's possible they're just decorative and don't function the same as the 'special' ones.
  • Options
    LAinNJLAinNJ Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    OMG! I WANT THIS NOW! SO VERY, VERY EXCITED :mrgreen:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    I am extremely DISAPPOINTED to find out that the stained glass windows are only available in ONE design and are NOT re-colorable to boot! What were you guys THINKING???? :evil:
    What?! :shock:

:thumbdown:
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

How did you find out?
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:

SimGuruCopeland explained it. They're not recolourable because the are a crafted item. I guess they could have given us it the other way but then I'd be in the crowd complaining they weren't craftable! :lol:

On the bright side. It did sound like he wants to make more stained glass windows for the store.

If you want to see, it's in the dazzling thread. I'd link but I'm too busy burning food while refreshing the store page obsessively! :shock:

Now, excuse me while I continue to freak out!

firework.gif
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited February 2014
    SimGuruCopeland explained it. They're not recolourable because the are a crafted item.

Wait, so is anything in this venue recolorable? :shock:

And the necklace in the prom set wasn't wearable by males. I hope that this does not also hold true for this new venue.

Stained glass windows that can't be recolored, and "travel easels" that actually aren't portable at all. You're killing me, EA! :cry: I'm reconsidering if I really want to get this now...
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wallin wrote:
    SimGuruCopeland explained it. They're not recolourable because the are a crafted item.

Wait, so is anything in this venue recolorable? :shock:

And the necklace in the prom set wasn't wearable by males. I hope that this does not also hold true for this new venue.

Stained glass windows that can't be recolored, and "travel easels" that actually aren't portable at all. You're killing me, EA! :cry: I'm reconsidering if I really want to get this now...

I imagine that the standalone items will be.

The necklaces which came with the Homecoming set were female ones, unless there was a design I missed that males could wear? I don't really want my male Sims walking around wearing One Diamond to Rule Them All and the others.

I initially thought the travel easel was portable, but I looked at the design closer and realised it was one which folds into a case (in real life) so it can be carried around. Yes, it would have been awesome to have had a portable easel, but it was never designed nor told to us that it was. Copeland quickly sorted that out to prevent further confusion.
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think, that some parts are avialable in buydebug mode and then you can recolor them. It´s the same with the items you can make in Ambitions. Don´t know, if the windows will be there, because they belong to build not to buy mode....
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    What?! :shock:

:thumbdown:

I have to agree! AT LEAST we should have had several choices of stained glass styles for the windows.

A few rules of thumb EA: EVERYTHING should be able to be CASt'd and if it is a craft-able item we should get to CHOOSE which item we will make AND which material, etc.

Sims 2 painting skill was so much more valuable than what we have in Sims 3. Not only could we add our own images into the list of what we could paint, but we KNEW which painting in the list we were going to make when we told our Sims to paint.

At least with the sculpting station we can choose what to sculpt, but even at that we can't choose which stone we will use for our stone statues AND we can't recolor. The only way to get the statues to look the way we want them to look is to go through buyDebug.

If they just gave us windows in a few different shapes with the ability to CASt the window panes in a transparent or translucent form (the way that one curved glass room divider is) then we could have had a great variety of stained glass windows. Who really cares if the Sim made it or not? I know I don't. I just want a variety of stained glass options I can have as a builder.

Sigh.

I'm sorry to complain before we even get the new venue, but I think what kills me is the ideas are so fabulous and the follow-through is so much less than what COULD have been. And lots of times it really doesn't seem as if it could have been that much more effort or work to make it great.

Could it really be THAT hard to make a CASt stained glass window that WE choose the pattern on the glass and not just the color of the framing?

How about a ROOF and a CHIMNEY that we can CASt? How about a tabletop flower arrangement that we can CASt the actual flowers and not just the vase?

Sorry, sorry! Ending rant now...

And I WILL buy the new venue, that's the worst of it. :roll:
    oow785m
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited February 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    :shock: Glass gnome(s?) This venue is just sounding better and better!

I never really paid attention to gnomes in my game, so now I want to do that XD

I just hope they aren't too hard to get - or too easy either:)

Yes, I know what you mean :)

I will be pleasantly surprised if they act like the Mysterious Mr Gnomes. To me, with the different poses, I think they are just decor. If it was the more 'alive' type gnome, it wouldn't need all the poses as it would do them naturally, right?

AmaraRena wrote:

I am disappointed that there aren't other designs but I am grateful for having at least this one. And floor-to-ceiling, at that. Maybe they'll make others later, SGCopeland did say he'd like to see more designs himself. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Weealbet wrote:
    I imagine that the standalone items will be.

The necklaces which came with the Homecoming set were female ones, unless there was a design I missed that males could wear? I don't really want my male Sims walking around wearing One Diamond to Rule Them All and the others.

I initially thought the travel easel was portable, but I looked at the design closer and realised it was one which folds into a case (in real life) so it can be carried around. Yes, it would have been awesome to have had a portable easel, but it was never designed nor told to us that it was. Copeland quickly sorted that out to prevent further confusion.

The jewelry may not be to your taste, and that's fine, but I like to make fantasy-medieval Sims that will wear just about anything in formalwear when it fits the theme. So when my only options for necklaces are a coach's whistle and some unidentifiable rope thing, then yeah, I need options (it'd be nice if I didn't have to use CC). :lol: Now granted I would not use a majority of the ones they showed, but the plain necklace with the stone at the end is fine at least.

It's fine that the easel is not portable, but now that I know it's like all the other ones I already have, it's one more thing that gives me less incentive to rush out and buy this today. :cry:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited February 2014

I am disappointed that there aren't other designs but I am grateful for having at least this one. And floor-to-ceiling, at that. Maybe they'll make others later, SGCopeland did say he'd like to see more designs himself. :)

That's true. If there was a "stained glass pack" later that allowed for several different glass designs on the windows then that would be good and I would just figure that this venue added SO much that they just didn't have time to include those designs with the venue.

I'm trying to have a better attitude! :mrgreen:
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @Wallin: Short OffTopic-Question: Is your avatar Sim without CC? Is it Darwin St. Clair from your studio? He is gorgeous and I would like the idea to make him the hottest artist in town? :lol:

Edit: Found your blog, everything is clear now. Mmh, for first time using cc?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    stenopelix wrote:
    @Wallin: Short OffTopic-Question: Is your avatar Sim without CC? Is it Darwin St. Clair from your studio? He is gorgeous and I would like the idea to make him the hottest artist in town? :lol:

LOL, thanks! He has CC, though there is a non-CC version of him mixed in with the family of other fairies I made that I threw together really quickly (so the photo isn't that great). You can try him anyway though, I know quite a few people who don't use CC and still rave about him quite a bit. :mrgreen: If you have other questions you don't want to ask here, you can post them on my wall. :wink:
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited February 2014
    Shouldn't be too long until the new venue is released, I'm looking forward to finding out whether the stairs can be placed against a wall. Hopefully people should start posting pictures soon! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the link, downloaded and rec´d. Very nice :mrgreen: I´m curoius about the pretty babies he will produce...
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Hurray!!! Looking forward to photos of what people make with it! :D
  • Options
    Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's downloading!!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm cautious about the gnomes. Being craftables it's possible they're just decorative and don't function the same as the 'special' ones.

I am not expecting them to be magic gnomes. Of course if they were magic then I'd really be excited.

There are already a few non magic gnomes in the game that we can get through buy mode. And I've been putting these gnomes into my games too. I discovered they are the best ones to kick if you don't want too much trouble and also want your witch to get you the badge for kicking 10 gnomes. We actually have more variety in the magic gnomes than in the other kind.

But I do agree that the magic gnomes are a lot more fun.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2014
    11 items in the set... :shock:
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited February 2014

That's true. If there was a "stained glass pack" later that allowed for several different glass designs on the windows then that would be good and I would just figure that this venue added SO much that they just didn't have time to include those designs with the venue.

I'm trying to have a better attitude! :mrgreen:

A build set that included multiple stained glass designs would be amazing! :D