Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

building a small home - contest

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,653 Member
    edited December 2013
    Miniature Mission is a great home Schweighsr :) Great exterior texture of it. It looks nice how you have placed the outdoors flowers. Sims will enjoy painting on the easel on the front porch, enjoying the sunlight and outdoors air. Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks nice how you have placed the picture on the wall above the sofa for sims to see when sitting there. The lead lighting lamp at the side of the sofa looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofa having a read of a book from the bookcase or watching tv. Nice pattern that you have used for the blinds on the windows. Nice type of dining seats that you have used which suits the home and nice recolouring of them. The vase of flowers on the table is a nice for sims to see when eating. The plant and beauty products on the dressing table in the bedroom looks nice.
    It is a nice home!
  • Options
    lovegood78lovegood78 Posts: 80 Member
    edited December 2013
    Schweighsr wrote:
    Here is my entry, the Miniature Mission lot - it is on a 10x10 lot and, best of al, it is a starter! Your Sims get quite a lot (in a very small space) for just $16,075.

Here are the pics:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=459951

And here is the lot:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7900801

The only thing I am not sure about are the patterns - they are all Maxis patterns, but EA doesn't mark patterns that come in the EPs, so I can't be certain. To the best of my recollections, these patterns were all in the base game.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for entering! It looks so comfy. The patterns are okay, I think they're all from updates anyway. :-o
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    OMG! I made the house, uploaded it to the exchange and, after uploading all pics to my blog, I had the idea to have a look in the items (in exchange). To my big surprise, I used at least one item from Pets and on from Late Night!!! :shock:

Gosh I was soooo sure I checked and double checked all items!! I'm glad I still have another day to take them away!! :lol:

Btw... AMAZING entries!!!! I didn't yet, but I'll for sure rec all of them!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ok, I went through the whole house, checked every single item and didn't find anything else than base game items.
    I upload it to the exchange again and.... now I'm supposed to have not only Pet and Late Night items but also World Adventures.
    I have no idea what's going on because while I was working on the house, I had only base game active, all others were unclicked.

The only thing that could be is some texture, when I edited the items, but it doesn't show where do they come from.

Does anyone know how I can find out where does the textures belong to(in editting a texture window)? There's no icon showing it.

Thanks so much!!
  • Options
    KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited December 2013
    Patterns don't come with the EP's they come with patches as far as I know.
    The only patterns that aren't base game are either 3rd party CC, ones from the exchange or a texture that came with a object from the store.
    When you look at your textures/patterns, if they are from the store they will have the little shopping bag icon in the bottom right corner, if they recolors you have saved in game they will have the little folder icon in the bottom right corner and if they are from the exchange they will have a little asterisk icon in the bottom right corner. (please someone correct me if I am wrong, its been a long time since I used CC and I have never used a pattern from the exchange)
    If they have no icon then they are base game.

Did you use spawners maybe, or were there spawners on the lot already? Sometimes when you place a lot down there will already be spawners there.

What I like to do when checking to see what I have used in a build is to go and start taking the build apart bit by bit (deleting everything even the walls) as you go along you can see what you used and where it came from. Wouldn't take you that long in such a tiny build but I tell you its a real pain when you have done a HUGE house lol

Do you have a tombstone or urn on the lot with a ghost in it? If you have a ghost that is wearing something from one of those EP's it will show up. (happened to me once lol)

And then lastly sometimes the exchange just lists random things, its happened to me before :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello to all! I know I am reeeeeally late, but may I enter? May I fill out my entry after I have made the house.

house name:
    price:
    description (if you have one):
    exchange link:
    pictures/picture link:

Thanks so much :D
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Lovegood78. I like to enter your contest too. Happy New Years!

house name: RISE n SHINE
    price: 30,892
    description (if you have one): No CC, No Cap. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Playtested and Upgraded. Room for two sims and furnished with many higher quality items so it's not priced as a starter home.
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7902529
    pictures/picture link: Showcase link with complete photos. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/461098.page

Screenshot-1.png"width=640"

Screenshot-2.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-3.jpg"width=640"

• Options
    edited December 2013
    2nd entry

house name: Twin Palms
    price: 38,416
    description (if you have one): No CC, No Cap. 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. Playtested and Upgraded. Room for two sims and furnished with many higher quality items so it's not priced as a starter home.
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7902522
    pictures/picture link: Showcase Link with complete photos. Pictures below Rise n Shine. http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/461098.page

Screenshot-1.png"width=640"

Screenshot-2.jpg"width=640"

Screenshot-3.jpg"width=640"

• Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited December 2013
    house name: Tiny House
    price: 38.139 simolion
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7902590
    pictures/picture link:

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-qGBtvjRT5gI/UsKQ9eqTEqI/AAAAAAAACEU/dwUPyCsrszk/w500-h377-no/1.jpg[/img]
    Living Room
    [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-7r8A6Vo93nM/UsKQ9dw9FTI/AAAAAAAACEQ/nrQOKGZLBSU/w500-h377-no/2.jpg[/img]
    Kitchen
    3.jpg
    Bed Room
    4.jpg
    Bath Room
    5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rise n Shine is a very nice home Sierra24 :). Very nice exterior of it. The shades of yellow and blue that you have used for the exterior look nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the home and on the edge of the front pathway. The floral front door looks nice. Nice outdoors sitting nook area for sims to enjoy sitting on the seat bench in the outdoors air and sunlight. It looks great how you have done the fencing and placed the sunflowers and plants/treestrees along the edge of the home. The roof windows look nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great how you have done the arched glass doorway to go from the kitchen to the bedroom. Nice dresser nook in the bedroom and the orchid blossom plant there looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the pictures on the wall behind the bed head for sims to see when they wake up in the morning. The hanging potplants are nice touches. The striped pattern you have used for the walls and curtains of the home and the colour shades you have used look very nice. Great kitchen area. The wall texture there looks great and nice homely touch to have the house picture on the wall. Great bar counter for sims to eat the freshly cooked meal at . It locks great how you have the pictures on the side wall there for sims to see when dining. Sim will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv, with the nearby fireplace to keep them warm.
    Twin Palms is a very nice home too. :) The trees that the home was named after look nice at the front of the house. It looks great how you have done the roofing. The plants/trees lining the front pathway looks nice. The flowers around the edges of the home looks nice. Great outdoors patio area for sims to have fun playing chess and build up logic skill at the same time. Nice furnishing of the interior. The pattern of the wall section behind the bed in the bedroom and the floor mat there looks nice. It looks great how you have angled the floor mat. Great living area for sims to relax on the comfortable arm chairs and listen to music from the stereo , read a book from the corner bookcase or watch tv. It looks great how you have placed the pictures above and below the tv. Nice sight for sims to see when sitting there. Great corner fireplace in the dining area to keep sims warm when eating at the bar counter.
    The 2 homes are very nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Tiny House is very nice saitouamy :) Great texture that you have used for the exterior. The sun décor on the roof looks nice. The lead lighting front door looks nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Very nice shades of red and brown that you have used. Sims will enjoy relaxing on the comfortable sofa or arm chair in the living room and watch the tv or read a book. Great to have the music player there for sims to enjoy listening to music whilst sitting there. It looks great how you have placed the bookcases either side of the tv. Nice side wall eating table area for sims to enjoy eating their cooked meal at. The flowers in the vase and the hanging pot plant are nice for sims to see when eating or preparing food in the kitchen. It looks nice how you have done the kitchen curtains. Nice wall pattern that you have used for the kitchen and the striped pattern in the bedroom looks nice. It is great that you have the windows at the back and side of the bed for sims to enjoy having the sunlight come in onto them when they wake up in the morning and also look out at the outdoors. The bed pattern looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the picture on the wall beside the bath tub and placed the curtains over it. It will be nice for sims to see when bathing there.
    It is a great home!
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited December 2013
    rosemow
    Thank you so much for a warm and sweet comment, rose *big hugs*
    This is the first time I've made a base game only lot. It was very very hard (Especially texture) but was so much fun to challenge it! Really enjoy checking limited items and think how I can use it :D

ELIROC
    I had a trouble finding base game textures too :( It's really hard to figure out which is from base game and which is not, when they don't have EP marks on them. So I checked base game items' original textures and used them. Checking Sunset Valley's house might be helpful also.
    Hope you can figure out the problem ELIROC!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks very much for the compliment and support Rose!!! Hugs and Happy New Years!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    saitouamy wrote:
    [

ELIROC
    I had a trouble finding base game textures too :( It's really hard to figure out which is from base game and which is not, when they don't have EP marks on them. So I checked base game items' original textures and used them. Checking Sunset Valley's house might be helpful also.

Oh this is a good idea! I still have a few hours today. I'll place my house in Sunset Valley and check the others.
    Thanks a lot saitouamy!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ELIROC wrote:
    saitouamy wrote:
    [

ELIROC

Oh this is a good idea! I still have a few hours today. I'll place my house in Sunset Valley and check the others.
    Thanks a lot saitouamy!

Doh! :oops: I just read this and decided to check my uploads. I didn't know either about the patterns. I thought if it didn't have the sims icon, they were base game. And this is my first base game creations too. Gonna have to correct this why I have time also.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh well.... I spent the whole morning changing every single pattern and everything that could belong to LN,PETS AND WA. I also moved my lot to Sunset Valley, checked everything again, uploaded and... just the same...

Unfortunately I have no time left and so I'll have to forget this contest :(

Anyway, I'm happy for the ones who managed and wish you all a wonderful New Year's Eve!!!

All the best for 2014! :thumbup:
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited December 2013
    ELIROC wrote:
    Oh well.... I spent the whole morning changing every single pattern and everything that could belong to LN,PETS AND WA. I also moved my lot to Sunset Valley, checked everything again, uploaded and... just the same...

Unfortunately I have no time left and so I'll have to forget this contest :(

Anyway, I'm happy for the ones who managed and wish you all a wonderful New Year's Eve!!!

All the best for 2014! :thumbup:

Eli, sometimes The Exchange shows wrong items, this happened to me sometimes. Your house is gorgeous and all the new houses I´ve could see here. Rec´s all of them.

My best wishes for the New Year for you all. Hugs :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I am sorry that you weren't able to get the house to show just base game ELIROC . Home sweet home is a very nice house. :) Great exterior of it. It looks very nice how you have done the front window . It looks great how you have done the rock fencing near the front door. Nice outdoors seat bench nook for sims to enjoy sitting outside in the sunshine. The hanging basket there looks nice. Nice furnishing of the interior. Sims will enjoy sitting near the fire in the arm chair warming up with the nice sight of the sunflower picture besides them on the wall and the light from the standing lamp shining on them if they are reading. Nice design of the kitchen. The brick wall looks great and nice patterning of the kitchen blinds. Great corner eating nook area for sims to enjoy eating the freshly cooked meal at. It looks great how you have placed the pictures on the wall behind the bed head in the bedroom. Nice type of sofa and arm chair seats that you have used in the living room. The patterning of them look nice. Nice touch to have the fish bowl on the side table there for sims to see whilst they are sitting there relaxing. The pot plant in the corner looks nice. It is a nice home for sims to live in,
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, AIRIS6962!
    I decided to post it here anyway, since I work so much on it (I uploaded it 4 times to the Exchange, trying to remore the EP textures).

Entry form:

house name: Home, Sweet Home
    price: 36,475
    description (if you have one): This small home was built for a couple without kids. Built on one store and on a 10X10 lot, this lovely house offers everything your sim needs.
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7901891
    pictures/picture link: http://simsbuzz.wordpress.com/
    screenshot-95.jpg
    » All appliances are upgraded
    » Tested for routing issues (none found on my last test)
    » Custard tested

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I am glad that you posted Home Sweet Home in this thread. ELIROC :) I posted about your home in the above post from the photos on the exchange. It a very nice home. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    saitouamy wrote:
    house name: Tiny House
    price: 38.139 simolion
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7902590
    pictures/picture link:

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-qGBtvjRT5gI/UsKQ9eqTEqI/AAAAAAAACEU/dwUPyCsrszk/w500-h377-no/1.jpg[/img]
    ]

Thank you, saitouamy! I love all the customization you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ELIROC wrote:
    Thank you, AIRIS6962!
    I decided to post it here anyway, since I work so much on it (I uploaded it 4 times to the Exchange, trying to remore the EP textures).

Entry form:

house name: Home, Sweet Home
    price: 36,475
    description (if you have one): This small home was built for a couple without kids. Built on one store and on a 10X10 lot, this lovely house offers everything your sim needs.
    exchange link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7901891
    pictures/picture link: http://simsbuzz.wordpress.com/
    screenshot-95.jpg
    » All appliances are upgraded
    » Tested for routing issues (none found on my last test)
    » Custard tested

I'm sorry I'm coming in now, but I'll download it and check for any EP content (though the only ones I have that is says you use is ambitions). Happy New Years!

Okay there was nothing that wasn't base game. It's qualified. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I am glad that you posted Home Sweet Home in this thread. ELIROC :) I posted about your home in the above post from the photos on the exchange. It a very nice home. :)

Thank you so much, Rosemow, for your kind comments on my house and have a wonderful New Year's Eve! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    lovegood78 wrote:
    I'm sorry I'm coming in now, but I'll download it and check for any EP content (though the only ones I have that is says you use is ambitions). Happy New Years!

Okay there was nothing that wasn't base game. It's qualified. :D

Oh, that's great news, thanks a lot for checking!! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    All entries rec'ed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !