Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZOO U 12 HW - Slacker Priscapup

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2013
    YellowJane wrote:
    priscapup wrote:
    suepea wrote:
    priscapup wrote:
    YellowJane wrote:
    Awesome little cottage! Love it :)

Can I ask how you built this: ?

Screenshot-15_zps2a25a6f7.jpg"width=640"

I am talking about the round roof, over the porch, bottom floor to the right hand side. It is round, and supported by columns! Which roof did you use? Whenever I use the octagonal roof, I get roofing INSIDE my house, lol :lol:

Oh, don't mistake, I am not magic... there is still roofing inside the house. The trick to not seeing it is *drumroll* don't put any windows in that area. If you look at the pictures of the house I painted, I have windows at the top, and windows at the lowest level... mid-level is just paint. You can put windows, but you will see the roof through them. You just have to pick your battles, and live with it.

So is the space where the roof is inside the house usable space? Or does it become unroutable to the Simmies?

Very useable. It is just that nasty thing where you can see the pointy roof through the windows from the outside... if you have windows. You get that with a lot of roofing of different sorts. Inside, you won't see any roof, or have any effects from it.
    suepea wrote:
    Prisca -- gorgeous Victorian. Very well executed. The style seems to be eluding me but I press on regardless.

You have captured the style and form well. Lovely build!

Thank you Sue!! I think this style may be, um.... Queen Prisca! *shifty eyes*

Ohh I see! So the roof doesn't affect them at all, and they can use the room and everything? Doesn't it become visible inside, or does it just vanish?
    I didn't know this! Thanks! :)

Now that is the magic part! The roof is not visible from the inside, nor does it bother anything. It is more one of aesthetics. On some of the smaller areas, with a little bit of slope peeking through a side window, it isn't too bad, but in this instance, where you see the whole rooftop through all the windows if you place all the way around, as you are wont to do in a tower... well, that is just too much for me. I prefer the pretty painted siding. BUT... and it's a big one... are you really going to see it when you are playing? If you really want windows in that room, whatever it becomes, when you are playing the game you are more than likely playing with either cut-away, or walls down. So you wouldn't see it anyway... So if you want windows, I say go for it, and ignore the roof for the small amount of time you are going to see it. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I've been working on this build on my ASUS laptop, that is soon to be mine no more. :cry:

So, I have 3 more ep's, and 1 more sp to load onto Mr Pup's laptop, then I will move a copy of my Sims 3 folder to his laptop. Crossing my fingers that the move is smoooooth! Then I'll have some more updates. :mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2013
    I hope that the move of your sims 3 folder to the other laptop goes well. :) I will look forward to seeing updates of the home.
  • Options
    DevilsAngel66613DevilsAngel66613 Posts: 86 Member
    edited December 2013
    I love it, Can't wait to see the inside :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I love it, Can't wait to see the inside :D

Thanks, I hope I get a chance to start there soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I am making a few minor changes to the outside, when I get a chance.

I have a picture of the change I made to my foundation... any opinions on this?

Screenshot_zpsb78909db.jpg

Remeber, this was the other one... I'm not too fond of it:

Screenshot-3_zps4f03542b.jpg

Of course a lot of that will be covered with landscaping, and other things, so there will just be areas peeking through, but I still want it to be right. I should have done better with the lighting in the first picture, because the colors on the house have not changed. I have also add some decorative doodads to the house (doodads is a technical term :D ), but I don't have any photos yet. I'll get to that soon.

Thank you, as usual, for any feedback! :D
    Post edited by priscapup on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited December 2013
    The change to the foundation looks great! :)It goes great with the rest of the house. I hope you are having a nice Christmastime!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh WOW Prisca! :D I love the new colours even better! The peach and blue works really well with the brown roof. The foundation pattern works well! So pretty! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited December 2013
    I like the foundation change too, Prisca! It will look gret when done! Beautiful WIP!

Merry Christmas!!