Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Me An Offer Updates!

Comments

• Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    Definitely, the MMAO machine should check what sort of things are on your wishlist, and what sort of things you buy most often. It keeps offering me elder stuff, which I never buy, windows, which I've nothing against, but can't build to save my life so have not much use for, and futuristic stuff, which I also never use. I buy mainly hairstyles, teen, kids and toddler stuff, historical, or handmade looking furniture.

Maybe it just doesn't offer that because I've got it all :oops: (store addiction) but there is plenty of stuff on my WL that it never offers me.
  • Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2013
    Offers from wishlists would be great. That way you wouldn't be offered things that a) you already own - most of my offers are on things I have
    or b) things you don't want. This way everybody wins! :D
  • Options
    S0RefinedS0Refined Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    I keep getting offers for a lot of things I already own. Did I misunderstand? Because I thought it was to be offers for things I DON'T own. Since I own the entire Store, it should make getting the exclusives pretty easy, but that is NOT proving to be the case. It is very frustrating. I rolled one offer with two exclusives plus a bunch of stuff I own already (including a venue). I just couldn't see paying 1600 Sim Points for two shirts. :(

Hm, that's interesting, I actually have the opposite thing happening. I was able to pick up the exclusives rather easily (ignoring the offers where they were bundled with stuff I already owned) and now always get the 'We're impressed, you own everything' message. And that would be nice if I did, but well, I don't own everything yet.

I'm still missing two venues and the new Russia themed set, but the MMAO seems to think I already own everything and I don't get any offers on those. So I'm wondering, are recent store releases excluded from the MMAO mechanism, or is something else wrong here? :?

I too am being told I 'own it all.' I do own a LOT of the store, but I do not own a handful of venues, the new Russia set, Aurora Skies or Midnight Hollow. I know from reading MMAO-related threads that people have been offered Aurora Skies and the Duke of Bows (and also the Bistro, I think) in the offer machine, so it's a bit of a bummer the opportunity to purchase these has not come up.

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited December 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    EuphorialQueen -- I have a similar problem with the Romanza sets. Crinrict has a thread going asking for just this kind of info ("Make Me An Offer - List of items that are offered to you although you own them"). Sorry, I'm technologically inept and don't know how to link :oops: .

:) Actually I have seen that thread but now cannot find it. I also was just offered the Regency Arcade which I have owned for the longest and the page for the Regency Arcade says I do not. ? ? ?
  • Options
    S0RefinedS0Refined Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    EuphorialQueen -- I have a similar problem with the Romanza sets. Crinrict has a thread going asking for just this kind of info ("Make Me An Offer - List of items that are offered to you although you own them"). Sorry, I'm technologically inept and don't know how to link :oops: .

:) Actually I have seen that thread but now cannot find it. I also was just offered the Regency Arcade which I have owned for the longest and the page for the Regency Arcade says I do not. ? ? ?

You can find that thread here.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just wanted to say, I've never gotten one thing offered that I already owned and I've been offered a lot of sets, venues and three different worlds.

Now that said, the biggest discount I ever got was 25%. Most of my offers are in the 11% to 15% range with a low of 9% off.

Now I own a lot of build items, I don't own much in way of clothes or hair or items for the Sim itself.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited December 2013
    S0Refined - Thank you for the link. I now have it bookmarked.
    S0Refined wrote:
    despina53 wrote:

You can find that thread here.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,193 Member
    edited December 2013
    I finally did not get offered something i own nor do i see that dang straw hat.

They weren't big enough discounts to tempt me out of my simpoints but at least
    they weren't things i already own.
    One was the Faire which i would like but will wait for a better deal or when it eventually goes on sale.
    The rest were the "exclusives" but they aren't all "that" to me so unless they
    really give me a deal then i am not buying.

But as i said at least it was all things i do not already own. Hopefully that
    continues.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have been offered the greenhouse twice but I already own it.

I'd love to be offered the Dance studio (for 15 % off at least :P ) instead.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited December 2013
    Erja888 wrote:
    I have been offered the greenhouse twice but I already own it.

I'd love to be offered the Dance studio (for 15 % off at least :P ) instead.

Oh please yes. I so hoped the dance studio would be in the sales over the weekend but I'd buy it at 15% off too. I keep almost buying it all full price but I know as soon as I do, it will go on sale. Happens. Every. Time!
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2013
    Make Me An Offer is useless to me. It just offers up a bunch of stuff I don't want at a discount that I won't accept [really, 9% off, wow!]. I'll stick to sales and CYS.
  • Options
    PuddytoesPuddytoes Posts: 181 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm one of the ones that owns everything and only wants the exclusives. But I keep getting offered all the things I already own and rarely see an exclusive. If I do, it's part of a set that has things in it that I've bought already, so I skip the offers because I won't repurchase owned items.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just shook the machine really really hard and it went TILT....

No, it's cute and fun, but it's not talking me into anything at these discount %'s. It REALLY REALLY wants me to have the Steampunk stuff that I don't own.

PSSSSSST. DEAR MMAO machine, the stuff I can be sold on is the stuff in my cart and on my wishlist...not stuff in old sets that I've passed on for sales and CYS discounts a zillion times! :) Thanks...I won't shake you anymore! Don't get another job in sales MMAO machine, you won't make no $!!! :wink::)
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    seaglassseaglass Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not happy that before I log in, I see an option for simpoints from advertisers, but after I log in I only have an option for MMOM. I have yet to see anything I want in the offers, and I certainly don't want to have to purchase the entire offer just to get the one item.

I would prefer the simpoints offer so I can purchase what I like.
  • Options
    Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited December 2013
    I keep getting the regency arcade offered to me, the problem being, I owe it though the Go all in compilation, yet the store doesn't seem to recognize that i own it. Same with Date Night, I got Date Night when I bought the Humble Bundle and the Date Night set was included in the Starter Pack. Would be nice if the Store recognized that I own those so I would quit getting the arcade and items from Date Night.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited December 2013
    Puddytoes wrote:
    I'm one of the ones that owns everything and only wants the exclusives. But I keep getting offered all the things I already own and rarely see an exclusive. If I do, it's part of a set that has things in it that I've bought already, so I skip the offers because I won't repurchase owned items.

Hello puddytoes. And I have exactly the same problem.
  • Options
    MASchlabachMASchlabach Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2013
    @SimGuruTaterTot - I am experiencing a problem with the Make Me An Offer which I have no idea how to go about resolving at this point.

I legally own all of the store content released to date, purchased, not gifted, Gold Editions where applicable. However, one particular store set - JET SET ELDERS - shows as only owning 4 of the 12 items in the set. Therefore, the only content I am repeatedly offered by Make Me An Offer are varying configurations of these same eight items, which I already own and which show up just fine both in the launcher and in game.

I have tried re-downloading the set on the off chance it might trigger these 8 items as purchased, to no avail. This has been the one recurring problem set for Make Me An Offer since I first tried it before the holidays...

Having seen it suggested, I finally got the chance to contact EA CS yesterday evening regarding the issue. Based on past experience, I knew I might have to explain the situation several times, but never before has a CS been so incredibly rude to me.

Where at first I was resignedly frustrated, figuring it might eventually get straightened out after things calm down a bit, first with the holidays, then with the post-holiday sales... Now I'm pretty ******. I have spent a LOT of money on the third generation of this franchise, and if I can take the time to be courteous and patient, then someone whose salary is derived from such sales and is in the customer service industry SHOULD NEVER treat people in such a manner.

I have a PDF copy of the conversation with the EA CS should any of the SimGuru's desire it...

I'm not going to post any threats about refusing to spend more money, or yell and holler. But I am asking for help. I would like to legally purchase the 10 "exclusive items" that are supposed to be available to those who already own all the other content.

Thank you!
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited December 2013
    @SimGuruTaterTot - I am experiencing a problem with the Make Me An Offer which I have no idea how to go about resolving at this point.

Based on past experience, I knew I might have to explain the situation several times, but never before has a CS been so incredibly rude to me.

Oh goodness! I'm sorry you were treated rudely and I hope you can get this sorted out.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,193 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well i finally started getting the exclusives only. In fact the first one i was offered was at 100% off. :shock: Figured i shouldn't pass up that deal.

And last but not least the Faire came up for me at 22% off so i grabbed it.
    Was hoping the dance studio might also make an appearance but they stopped
    when i got the Faire. Said i would have to wait until they? fill? the machine
    back up. LOL

So after all those days of suffering through that dang straw hat it finally
    paid off for me. Hopefully it will some of you as well.

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited December 2013
    I keep getting the regency arcade offered to me, the problem being, I owe it though the Go all in compilation, yet the store doesn't seem to recognize that i own it. Same with Date Night, I got Date Night when I bought the Humble Bundle and the Date Night set was included in the Starter Pack. Would be nice if the Store recognized that I own those so I would quit getting the arcade and items from Date Night.

I have the same problem. I bought the Regency Arcade through the October 2011 Compilation. Yet when I click on the Arcade's page, it says I don't own it.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2013
    MMAO is being really cruel to me today!!! :evil: First 4 offers I didn't buy, I click to make me my 5th offer...it's 40% off 3 things I would actually buy!!! But before I can click to buy it, the page refreshes to a completely different offer that includes Hidden Springs (which I already own) and is a measly 12% off!!!!!

If it would have not switched over to that 6th and insulting offer I would have bought the 5th offer and gotten to make 5 more offers!!! :evil: :x :cry:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    littlelukedonlittlelukedon Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2013
    i find it a big annoying that when you really want an item from your wish list its not there but after you spend your simpoints next time you check cool things you like or want are there and when something you want is on there something else is with it making it cost more
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    piddlesim wrote:

I have the same problem. I bought the Regency Arcade through the October 2011 Compilation. Yet when I click on the Arcade's page, it says I don't own it.

Same here.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    MASchlabachMASchlabach Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    piddlesim wrote:

Same here.

As of today, I am having issues with both the JET SET ELDERS and the REGENCY ARCADE / OCTOBER 2011 COMPILATION.

1. Which item(s) is offered to you?
    Varying groupings of the same 8 items from "Jet Set Elders."
    2. If you go to the individual page of that item, is it shown as owned for you?
    The 8 items in question appear as "not owned."
    3. Did you buy/get gifted the single items or did you buy the set?
    I purchased "Jet Set Elders" myself - the complete set - 09/04/2009 and it shows up correctly as such in my "Purchase History."

1. Which item(s) is offered to you?
    The "Regency Arcade."
    2. If you go to the individual page of that item, is it shown as owned for you?
    If I go to the individual page via STORE / VENUES, the item in question appears as "not owned." I am unable to link through to the individual item page from the set page, as the link is "Oops" broken.
    3. Did you buy/get gifted the single items or did you buy the set?
    I purchased "October 2011 Compilation" myself - the complete set - 10/17/2011 and it shows up correctly as such in my "Purchase History."
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited December 2013
    I keep getting offers for a lot of things I already own. Did I misunderstand? Because I thought it was to be offers for things I DON'T own. Since I own the entire Store, it should make getting the exclusives pretty easy, but that is NOT proving to be the case. It is very frustrating. I rolled one offer with two exclusives plus a bunch of stuff I own already (including a venue). I just couldn't see paying 1600 Sim Points for two shirts. :(

Same for me. I keep getting offers for Ultra items and I own them all. I also just got offered Lucky Palms which I already own. I've only seen one exclusive item since I've started looking at the make me an offer page. I love the idea of it, but the Make an offer doesn't work for me.

It would've been more useful if it was set to only take items that are directly listed in a simmer's wish list and exclusive offers. Then, there would be no getting offers for things one already owns.