Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Me An Offer Updates!

Hey Simmers!

We recently launched the Make Me an Offer machine and we're really excited about it! It's brand new and we know it's not perfect yet. We are actively listening to your feedback and are working on some of the issues. Please stick with us as we will be improving it every day!

Thanks for your support. It's very valuable to us as we continue to make improvements!

Love,

Store team

Comments

• Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2013
    :)
    Can we get the exclusives again after skipping them?

I afraid that all items that we decide to pass will be noted and won't be repeated again unless the machine doesn't have anything to offer anymore.
    If you give us sp sale then I will try MMAO again.. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    maybe a way to limit one type of content, such as CaS, that you might not be interested in, and promote other types you want, like build or buy mode items?
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am glad to hear you are wanting to improve this fun addition to the store. My ideas for MMAO improvement:

* I definitely think if there was a decor/CAS button to choose from, that would be an excellent addition. Many of us only want one or the other.

* Fix the duplicate item problem.

* Add CYS capabilities to the offers. Nothing says "decline" like knowing your CYS price is 140 for the set and getting an offer to buy it for 800.

* Fix the ability to "swap" as per the FAQ. I was offered a deal with a set that only cost me 40 points to purchase. I wanted to try this swap thing out, so I bought the set for 40. Went back to MMAO, not only did it not swap the offer for me, but it shut down the whole offer and instead of adding 24 hours to my reset clock, it added 25. My timer still says 25 hours between deals, although when the timer is under 1 hour I can get a new offer.
    What happens if I purchase or am gifted an item that is also included in my current MMAO offer?
    If this happens, we will swap your current offer for a new one. This will not affect your daily offer counter; your offer counter will only decrease if you pass on an offer. Swapping your current offer for a new one helps us ensure that you don’t get duplicate items.

* Shorten the timer. Instead of 24 hours, make it either 12 or 18 hours.

* Add some decor "exclusive" items. I have read of the idea that previous limited edition items would be excellent "exclusive" items to add to the machine. I don't remember who brought the idea up, but I liked it!

* Lower the regular price on the exclusive items. I believe the price was over 100 each item for simple t-shirts. That is not in line pricewise with other shirts, especially plain t-shirts.

* Limit the offer to no more than 1 set per offer. I keep getting the Tudor and Versailles sets offered together. I also get 2 Futureshock sets offered together. Neither will be bought due to the CYS issue, but I think 1 set plus single items is more reasonable than multiple sets in an offer.

* Increase the venue/world frequency offers.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    :)
    Can we get the exclusives again after skipping them?

I afraid that all items that we decide to pass will be noted and won't be repeated again unless the machine doesn't have anything to offer anymore.
    If you give us sp sale then I will try MMAO again.. :mrgreen:

That doesn't happen.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't think this is possible but it would be nice if we could remove items. I don't own much from the store and have no desire to own everything. I'll get four items and maybe only want one or two. If I could just remove the two I don't want that would be so nice. With the extra items I don't want added in it usually makes the items I do want cost more than if I were to buy them at full price. Oh well, I do have fun pressing that button just to see what will come up.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    I enjoy the MMAO machine, and want to say thank you to the store team for looking for ways to make it better.

Since I am an advocate for CYS, I suppose it won't surprise anyone that I feel the biggest flaw is the lack of CYS, but I suppose it doesn't hurt for me to toss that out there. :lol:

And as Fran suggested, please consider limiting the number of sets/venues/worlds that come in an offer to 1. I got offered Grims in an offer, and I might have considered purchasing it if not for the fact that it was offered with another set that I have zero interest in.

As for exclusives being offered again after skipping them, that has actually happened to me before. I am not really interested in any of the current exclusives, but I have passed on a few of them and had them show up again in another offer.

Almost forgot, I think more smaller bundles of 3 items would sale better. If I get 3 items and only like 2 I am more likely to purchase it (depending on the discount) than if I get 5 items and only like 2.

• Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited November 2013
    APotts wrote:
    As for exclusives being offered again after skipping them, that has actually happened to me before. I am not really interested in any of the current exclusives, but I have passed on a few of them and had them show up again in another offer.

That is good to have confirmed, there is an exclusive shirt I like, but I passed because I didn't like anything else on the set on offer and the "deal" was only like, 13% or something.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea of 12 hours versus 24 hours as well because that gives us more chances and EA more chances that we will buy something.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited November 2013
    yeah, that 24 turns into 25 as we're given an hour to buy or decline the deal.
    not cool.

I own *everything in the store* and continually am offered items I own. I posted a few of them in Crinrict's thread, but there are more sets, LP Gold (I own standard and venue separate as they were gifted), the teen compilation set...the only thing I'm interested in are the exclusive items and not at a high price.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2013
    CMWarren wrote:
    maybe a way to limit one type of content, such as CaS, that you might not be interested in, and promote other types you want, like build or buy mode items?
    Yes, less CAS items please :)
    That doesn't happen.
    But he said YES!
    APotts wrote:
    I enjoy the MMAO machine, and want to say thank you to the store team for looking for ways to make it better.

Since I am an advocate for CYS, I suppose it won't surprise anyone that I feel the biggest flaw is the lack of CYS, but I suppose it doesn't hurt for me to toss that out there. :lol:

And as Fran suggested, please consider limiting the number of sets/venues/worlds that come in an offer to 1. I got offered Grims in an offer, and I might have considered purchasing it if not for the fact that it was offered with another set that I have zero interest in.

Almost forgot, I think more smaller bundles of 3 items would sale better. If I get 3 items and only like 2 I am more likely to purchase it (depending on the discount) than if I get 5 items and only like 2.
    Thank you for confirming the exclusives reappearance, Al!
    Agree with the CYS implementation and limiting offers too!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited November 2013
    I keep getting offers for a lot of things I already own. Did I misunderstand? Because I thought it was to be offers for things I DON'T own. Since I own the entire Store, it should make getting the exclusives pretty easy, but that is NOT proving to be the case. It is very frustrating. I rolled one offer with two exclusives plus a bunch of stuff I own already (including a venue). I just couldn't see paying 1600 Sim Points for two shirts. :(
    oow785m
  • Options
    heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited November 2013
    The system is somehow tied to our account so it knows when we've completed our 5 and sets the ticker for us. In this same vein, it would be absolutely fantastic if the machine could somehow look at what I have on my wishlist and make offers with those items in them. Not all of them but maybe some.

I get a lot of offers for things I'm not even remotely interested in. If it was pulling up items that I really wanted, I'd be much more likely to take advantage. And, as someone above said, it's cheaper to buy the single items than it is to buy a MMAO grouping when it only has 2 of 4/5 items I want. So, looking at the wishlist and being able to remove unwanted items would be really awesome.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2013
    I keep getting offers for a lot of things I already own. Did I misunderstand? Because I thought it was to be offers for things I DON'T own. Since I own the entire Store, it should make getting the exclusives pretty easy, but that is NOT proving to be the case. It is very frustrating. I rolled one offer with two exclusives plus a bunch of stuff I own already (including a venue). I just couldn't see paying 1600 Sim Points for two shirts. :(

got the same problem... keep getting things I own.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited November 2013
    anettesb wrote:

got the same problem... keep getting things I own.

Same here and if i see that straw hat one more time i swear i will lose it completely. LOL

"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited November 2013
    yeah, that 24 turns into 25 as we're given an hour to buy or decline the deal.
    not cool.

Actually it's still 24 hours. At least for me. I know it shows an hour more time in the countdown until the next offers, but once you have an hour or less in the timer, just leave the page and then go back, and you'll have new offers.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2013
    I love the make me an offer but have yet to buy...
    Why I hear you ask?
    Because I'll get one build/buy item and loads of clothing
    Please guru's let us be able to choose between build/buy and clothing/hair...
    my game sulks enough when it goes into create a sim mode :shock:
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited November 2013

Hm, that's interesting, I actually have the opposite thing happening. I was able to pick up the exclusives rather easily (ignoring the offers where they were bundled with stuff I already owned) and now always get the 'We're impressed, you own everything' message. And that would be nice if I did, but well, I don't own everything yet.

I'm still missing two venues and the new Russia themed set, but the MMAO seems to think I already own everything and I don't get any offers on those. So I'm wondering, are recent store releases excluded from the MMAO mechanism, or is something else wrong here? :?
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited November 2013
    Offering items from our wish lists is an excellent idea and wouldn't it solve all of the problems mentioned here?
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just thought you might like to know, MMAO just offered me a bundle at a 63%, yes SIX THREE percent, discount! :shock:

The next offer was 39% ... have they 'fixed' it or was this a Black Friday week-end special? ...
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited November 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Just thought you might like to know, MMAO just offered me a bundle at a 63%, yes SIX THREE percent, discount! :shock:

The next offer was 39% ... have they 'fixed' it or was this a Black Friday week-end special? ...

Don't think so as i keep getting offered things i already own. When they finaly put the Ren Fair up for me it was included with another set i own and so it was priced over what the fair costs. I was hoping it would be on with the sales but don't see it listed.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just wanted to say that after not buying anything from MMAO and coming back, all of the "elder" hairstyles or hairstyles I already owned were not offered.

All I was offered was the Exclusive Content and was able to get all 10.

Was very happy with this! ^_^
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is a great idea ... as long as the store recognizes what you do or do not own.

Here is an example of why to be careful when at the EA store.
    I bought Jet Set Elders in 2009 but there are five items that come up in the Make Me An Offer Deal.
    So I checked the set and it shows I only own 7 of the 12 items... HUH?
    That was when I hunted it down in my purchase history to verify I had bought the set.
    I even downloaded it again and it still did not change.
    jetset10.jpg

mmao_o11.jpgjetset11.jpgmmao_o12.jpg
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    EuphorialQueen -- I have a similar problem with the Romanza sets. Crinrict has a thread going asking for just this kind of info ("Make Me An Offer - List of items that are offered to you although you own them"). Sorry, I'm technologically inept and don't know how to link :oops: .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2013
    I know two other people have already suggested it, but I really like the idea of having it consider your wish list. I haven't bought anything from the Make me an Offer yet as it keeps offering me things I don't want. If I had a chance of getting a combo of say three items from my wishlist? I'd be far more likely to buy. Plus - it would encourage people to use their wishlists, which means they'd look through the store and have more items they'd want so might even buy more sim points...

The idea to be able to pick between CaS and Buy/build is a great one - unlike most people I'm only really interested in the CaS items but I keeping getting offered Buy/Build sets.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited November 2013
    Aerlinniel wrote:
    I know two other people have already suggested it, but I really like the idea of having it consider your wish list. I haven't bought anything from the Make me an Offer yet as it keeps offering me things I don't want. If I had a chance of getting a combo of say three items from my wishlist? I'd be far more likely to buy.

^^This 100%. :D

I haven't bought any of the Offers yet either. Because I'm being offered stuff from sets I don't really care about. So go through my WL and you'll see what I might actually be tempted to get. :mrgreen:
    giphy.gif