Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next world: Roaring Heights! Random discussion thread.

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, I haven't heard but, I'm hoping the delay in TS4 was for similar reasons as the delay in Dragon Age 3, to add more features that the new engine makes possible while demanding little in the way of computer resources.

I do hope TS4 is on the same engine, it had amazing IN ENGINE animation and graphics capabilities, which means smoother, faster and less demanding.

Imagine TS 3 running on a Windows 2000 computer, well that's about the effect that new engine would have on it.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2013
    Since they are not giving out any new info about TS4 at this time, it's hard to say why That they had decided to delay TS4's launch. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    The sims 4 was pushed back till Fall of next year.
    I thought more on why they would do that. And one thing that came to my mind was the fact that so many of us were wanting them to put CAST in TS4. I'm not saying that they are putting CAST in TS4. But they may had to do that because of CAST. Another possible reason why that they had pushed back to fall of next year is that the team that they had plan on making store content for TS4 are still making store contents for TS3. And they may not be finished with TS3 contents until summer of 2014, this includes any worlds that are yet to be released. These are not facts, what I had said is just speculation. :D

Digging in the dark recesses of memory - I think it was announced at Gamescon, earlier this year, that Sims 4 wouldn't be released until late 2014. This apparently had something to do with them completely changing their ideas about the way it would be designed. I think that may have had something to do with Sim City being so poorly received and the change in leadership at EA. I suspect Sims 4 will not now have such a heavy reliance of being on line to play as they had previously intended.

I believe that, at the time the decision to delay the release of Sims 4, they still had no intention of putting CaSt into the new game.

I have not kept up with the Sims 4 progress so can't give you any recent information on what they are doing or planning to do.

At this stage I am not planning to get Sims 4.

Therefore, I wouldn't consider what might or might not be happening with that new game when looking at future releases from the Sims 3 store. I assume they are relying on Sims 3 to provide them with a Sims cash flow between now and when Sims 4 is released so I think we can expect lots of very interesting things to appear in the store over the next few months.

On EA's press release or finacial report it showed Q1 which is the beginning of the year then later it was confirmed Fall so it got delayed.
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am still rooting for a boardwalk town. they can use the peirs we got with IP, and I really hope that like with new plants, we can get new fish with the world.

if they do a boardwalk world with carnival rides set in a 1920's art deco flair, they could also add a premium content that is a taffy machine that makes multiple flavors, each with special motives.

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited November 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Oh, wow, EmmaBarbie. I love cats, but that one is REALLY creeping me out! :lol: I think I'm going to have nightmares now.

Agreed *shudder* :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The sims 4 was pushed back till Fall of next year.

Oh, I was unaware of this :shock: I will not be getting TS4 immediately thus I have not been following news about it. Thank you for this information Cat :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well tonight is the night it goes up. I winder what time the pics will go up.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am SO hoping for a roller coaster theme park. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what this is going to be.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2013
    Ohh I really hope they post pictures soon. I've been waiting three years for a theme park and really want to know whether or not to get excited. Worlds don't really excite me but Coney Island has always been my exception and having studied 1920s America at school I could really enjoy a Roaring 20s Boardwalk-style city with art deco skyscrapers.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2013
    If we get a boardwalk I hope we get a ferris wheel as well. To be those seem even more in place on a boardwalk than rollercoasters. That could just be me though.

Even if it's a rabbithole (though I'd rather it not be) it would be so cool to see our worlds landscapes with ferris wheels in them!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CMWarrenCMWarren Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited November 2013
    I noticed alot of people assume that the release of the sims 4 means the end of new stuff in the store. the store team has already confirmed that even after TS4 is released, they will still be making and releasing stuff to the sims 3 store.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alex

According to Sguru Kelly the pics will be going up tonight
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2013
    Dare I say, the bakery that everyone has wanted.

Oh, I hope so :D

Oh, if they do THAT, this world is mine already! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alex

According to Sguru Kelly the pics will be going up tonight

Thanks cat. By 'tonight', what time frame is that? It's 6pm over here in the UK and I'm really hoping to see them before I go to bed at 11-12 o'clock.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I d estimate 7pm to 10pm eastern.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Aw, I'll probably be asleep. :( Still, it'll be a nice surprise to wake up to.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    Alan is lurking on Twitter so I'm hoping we'll get the hint soon. :D

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    EmmaBarbie wrote:
    *Reads hints*
    1290540018_cats-pupils-go-huge.gif

Awww cute kitty! (But... whaaaaaaaat is going on with it's eyes? :shock: )
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited November 2013
    Hoping we'll have something while it's still evening in UK, though why I'm excited I don't know as I'm clean out of points now and really shouldn't be buying anything else from the store this side of Christmas!

Gorgeous cat but never mind the eyes what happened to its ears??
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah - Cats - something I know well about - as I give up on guessing the Sims stuff - but that is a Scottish Van and its' ears are supposed to look like that. Cats pupils get solid black and large like that when something frightens it or it is fearful about something. It is never a good idea for strangers to attempt to touch a cat whose eyes get black and round like that as most likely you will get scratched. But that is very normal behavior of the eyes of any frightened Kitty.

Personally I love Scottish Vans even though I have never had one - I have Mainecoon kitties and Norweigian Forrest Cats mostly - I would love to have a Scottish Van one day, as several of my family have them. They are generally pretty sweet and mellow. They are not usually frightened like that - but it is very noticeable because they have such big eyes.

Now back to the Sims show... apparently something I am less knowledgeable about lately....

ETA - Batman Fan Girl - I would guess it is full blooded - not a mix, as that is what the pedigree looks like. And yes Scottish Fold and Scottish Van are basically the same line - one is bigger and stockier but they are the same line. The long hair version of the same looking cat is the Turkish Van. The kittens of either are just adorable beyond words. Very sweet kitties and smart too.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:
    Hoping we'll have something while it's still evening in UK, though why I'm excited I don't know as I'm clean out of points now and really shouldn't be buying anything else from the store this side of Christmas!

Looks like a Scottish Fold/Persian mix maybe?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Scrapdash wrote:

Looks like a Scottish Fold/Persian mix maybe?

Ugh! It looks like a pug dog and a lemur fell in love, had babies and this is the ugly one they didn't want! :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alan is lurking on Twitter so I'm hoping we'll get the hint soon. :D

Thank you so very much for keeping us updated Cinderellimouse :) It is appreciated *hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited November 2013
    When is this world suppose to come out does anyone know?
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited November 2013
    ROFL sorry for inducing nightmares! :lol:

Either way, I'm excited about these hints '-'
    You're too late.