Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Me An Offer?

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited November 2013
    The 6% discount on crappy stuff I would never buy in the first place was not enticing to me. I don't think I will try looking at further offers either.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited November 2013
    i was offered a straw hat a tennis dress another outfit and the tutor of tudors the only thing with the tutor of tudors is i don't all of it i'm short 7 clothing to own it which i can complete with the cys for 120sp
  • Options
    Anya19552Anya19552 Posts: 46 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's a cute idea but it would be better if we could offer them simpoints for their selections. We'd see some real deals then. As it was I was offered a world I already own (Lucky Palms)and the other offers were overpriced, one included an arcade game I can get for free with cys, if I wanted it.
  • Options
    NiralynNiralyn Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    Well, Alli, because of my Romanza problem, quite a few of the offers had stuff from those sets so I passed on those. I just wish the store would recognize what I actually own :!: :evil:

I just had a short twitter conversation earlier this evening with SimGuruRusski about this very issue. I own the Romanza Cermony + Attire + Reception set, yet the Romanza Ceremony + Attire acts as if I do not own that subset. Every item has the orange "own" box around it, but the set still thinks I need to purchase it for SP 875.

This applies to the Oh My Goth! compilation as well. I own every item and subset, but the store compilation page thinks I need to purchase it for SP 1750.

The Jet Set Elders is particularly vexing, because I own the set, yet it displays that I only own 5/12 items (41%). The seven items the store thinks that I do not own, on their individual item pages they appear as unowned, yet I can download the entire Jet Set Elders set from my purchase history just fine. :hunf:

I will tweet SimGuruRusski with a link to this thread so she knows that it's not an isolated problem.

Also, Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells displays as owned, but in-game, it appears as a store item to purchase for SP 600, even though it is also displayed as owned in the same category.

Let's hope these can be fixed! :D
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited November 2013
    "What if I already own everything?"
    "First, thank you for being such a great Store customer! We often include special items that you can only purchase through Make Me an Offer, so be sure to try it out."

The only thing I don't own is the Grandpa's Grove Venue. 4 offers were all elder hair I already own. Idk what in the world is up with that. The last one offered this:

5n1axi.png

I encountered that very same problem! I thought they were items I might have missed as I too own 100% of the Store. Turns out I did own them and they were installed after I purchased them again. I have made Sim Guru Russkii aware of the issue, along with a list of all the hairs this problem includes, and she has passed it on to the relevant people. I wonder if I'll get my SimPoints back.

I did get to see this though: https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/403015137260347392/photo/1
  • Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Here's my experience: I checked all five offers and bought the last one. The first two were meh, the third was awesome. It was:

Caroller Sweater(75 SimPoints)
    Sporty Tank Top(75 SimPoints)
    Surf's Up Sun(1,400 SimPoints)
    Uber Sani-Sim Toilet(400 SimPoints)
    and Let it Ride Roulette... 500 SimPoints.

The offer was for 1,506 SimPoints, regularly 2,450 SimPoints. I could have saved 38%. I copied the whole thing so this is the real prices I received for MMAO. I passed it up because I had something like 495 Simpoints left and didn't want to buy anymore. Instead I told myself that I would wait until I had many items from the Future Shock Loft so I could complete the entire thing. I've been wanting to make a little Futuristic house for a year or more. The last offer was 4 things from the FS Loft and the Faux Faux Fabulous Long Jacket from Diva and Divo for 300 something points. I got it! Then I decided to try and see if I could get CYS Loft and it worked! For another 100 SP's I purchased the whole set with CYS. I still have some SP's left and I got a decent price. It was a big goal of mine to get FS Loft so I'm happy with how things went with MMAO and CYS used together. I'm sure my husband is happy I didn't buy any more SP's too. :P
  • Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited November 2013
    I own the store and my 5 offers were all items I owned, not one exclusive did I get offered.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited November 2013
    Weealbet wrote:
    I encountered that very same problem! I thought they were items I might have missed as I too own 100% of the Store. Turns out I did own them and they were installed after I purchased them again. I have made Sim Guru Russkii aware of the issue, along with a list of all the hairs this problem includes, and she has passed it on to the relevant people. I wonder if I'll get my SimPoints back.

I did get to see this though: https://twitter.com/Weealbet/status/403015137260347392/photo/1
    Interesting! Could you please tease us with those exclusive items pics? :)

And when you mouse-over on any item in your PurchaseHistory maybe you want to take a look at the status bar and see its product ID, it would be something like OFB-SIM3:xxxxx If the first number is 1xxxx - 3xxxx it means that we're getting some very old items.. But even some newer numbers doesn't mean that this is a newly created collection. *Only curious
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was offered the elder hair and Romania dresses. I know I already own all of the roman a sets. Some of them twice over. The hair looked familiar but given past experiences of being bitten by the store when I purchased things I already owned I passed on all 5 of my offers. I'll possibly look occasionally but I don't trust the store enough to outlay a single sim point on this unless it is something really unique that I know I don't have and the price is reasonable.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    Totally underwhelmed.

1st offer - Random uninspiring clothing. Meh.

2nd offer - Hot tub (I always got ht's in goodie boxes)& 2 house decorations Meh.

3rd offer - A steampunk kitchen set & some 'Harry Stiles' haircuts - 12% discount. Yes a whole 12%!

4th offer - 2 small sets I already own most of + a hat. Meh.

5th offer - cooker, 2 plants and a lamp. Meh.

I was not really tempted. A shame.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited November 2013
    All of the new items begin with 7. There are certain similarities with older items, but they are all different in some way. I have sent a bunch of images over to SimsVIP, there are too many new styles and stencils on a lot of the items to post here lol.
  • Options
    kitasmumkitasmum Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    Well, Alli, because of my Romanza problem, quite a few of the offers had stuff from those sets so I passed on those. I just wish the store would recognize what I actually own :!: :evil:

I'm in the same position. I keep getting offers for elder hairs that I already own and items from Jet Set Elders, Jet Set Teens and Romanza Bridal Party. I already own these three sets, but the individual items don't show as purchased. I also got an offer for Hidden Springs, but I bought that ages ago and have no intention of purchasing it again.

I did try to get live chat to help with this before but it was like using a paper umbrella in a rainstorm. I did get a 15% off code which was nice as he couldn't help me out, but I have no idea where I can spend it lol

I also own Monte Vista, but it doesn't show up as purchased in the worlds page of the store. It's very frustrating. I'm just waiting for the complete Barnacle Bay Set to show up as I own both sets in that individually but didn't want to pay for them both again to get 2 sets of stairs I don't own :(

Rant over now and I'm really glad for those who are getting great deals from this offer :)
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was only offered clothes and hair which I'm not at all interested in. I do own a lot of the build/buy items though, so that must be why.

I'll be checking back tomorrow though :D
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm usually pretty picky on what I want from the store. I checked all my five offers, but didn't buy any of them. But I'm still kind of waiting for tomorrow morning to see the new ones :)

It's just that when they're bundled like that, there might be one set I want (like some of the goth sets), but then rest of it something kind of useless. And then if I only get like 13% discount, I'd end up paying more for the one set I want if I got the whole bundle with stuff I don't really want.

So did anyone really get any big discounts? Like 50% or more? I don't remember exactly, but I think the biggest one I got was only something like 16%, which was kind of disappointing. I might as well wait for those things to be on DD and get them cheaper.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't need to make EA an offer I have given them plenty. I own most of the store at least most of what i want anyway. THey need to make me an offer.
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited November 2013
    candy8 wrote:
    I don't need to make EA an offer I have given them plenty. I own most of the store at least most of what i want anyway. THey need to make me an offer.

They...are. When you click the button it's like saying, "EA, make me an offer" and then the little toy machine ticks away and offers you some stuff at a discount. Have you looked at the actual feature yet?
    Weealbet wrote:

So there are 10? The same ten I updated on the original post in the exclusives thread?
    How did you get to that page without all the duplicate content? :shock:
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    Mikezumi wrote:
    The 6% discount on crappy stuff I would never buy in the first place was not enticing to me. I don't think I will try looking at further offers either.

yeah some of the offers are bad but some of them can be good. I was offered on I think it was my 4th or 5th offer 3 items at 46% off, items I wanted and everything. So yeah, mileage will vary. The offers are random, and saying you won't look at future offers because the first offer you looked at was bad is kinda well... :roll:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    candy8 wrote:

They...are. When you click the button it's like saying, "EA, make me an offer" and then the little toy machine ticks away and offers you some stuff at a discount. Have you looked at the actual feature yet?

Probably not, she just likes to complain :lol:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited November 2013
    "What if I already own everything?"
    "First, thank you for being such a great Store customer! We often include special items that you can only purchase through Make Me an Offer, so be sure to try it out."

The only thing I don't own is the Grandpa's Grove Venue. 4 offers were all elder hair I already own. Idk what in the world is up with that. The last one offered this:

5n1axi.png

I have the same problem LOL :mrgreen:
  • Options
    usualsuspectusualsuspect Posts: 76 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was offered items I did not have, but passed today as there are other items out there I am still keeping an eye out for a good sale.

I do like this feature much better than the mystery boxes. Good move there. :)

I think it is a fun idea ... none of us has to purchase anything ... but it is fun to see what might come up. :)
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was offered The Little Princess, but I own the whole Tutor of Tudors set. I thought there wouldn't be duplicates?

ETA: NM, I figured it out!
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    kitasmum wrote:
    I did try to get live chat to help with this before but it was like using a paper umbrella in a rainstorm. I did get a 15% off code which was nice as he couldn't help me out, but I have no idea where I can spend it lol
    :)

The 15% off code can be used at the Origin store, however it cannot be used to purchase simpoints, which kinda sucks.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited November 2013
    Acebrs wrote:
    Kinda a neat feature, though I still prefer to pick and choose items that I am using for a particular build.

Me, too. I like having the choice of getting exactly what I want, not just taking everything randomly offered even if I didn't want it, just cuz it's a 'good deal'.

If it wasn't random, and we got to pick what we wanted, and have the price deducted accordingly, I'd like it more.

It certainly is better than the Mystery Boxes, though, I agree. :lol:
  • Options
    kitasmumkitasmum Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2013
    APotts wrote:
    The 15% off code can be used at the Origin store, however it cannot be used to purchase simpoints, which kinda sucks.

Thanks for this info, I still have a couple of stuff sets to get so could be useful when I get around to buying them :)
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited November 2013
    kitasmum wrote:
    APotts wrote:

Thanks for this info, I still have a couple of stuff sets to get so could be useful when I get around to buying them :)

Just be sure to use it before the expiration date!