The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Me An Offer?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am kind of on the fence about this feature. I wasn't super impressed with the offers, I could see where I think it kind of TRIED to give me offers I might be interested in based on my browsing history (some cirque pieces and steampunk clothes), but maybe that was just a coincidence.

I did buy one offer of 3 items, two "exclusive" shirts and a stereo I don't own for 211 SP.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited November 2013
    I tried this "feature" out. TBH, I'd be super wary of it, especially for those who own a lot of the store already. I wrote about it on the other thread for SimguruRusskii . Unfortunately, of the three items it "offered up" I owned all three. However, by going from the links in the "Make Me an Offer" it said I still did not own these. I did not see any "exclusive" items for those who "own the store". :roll: :evil: :evil: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited November 2013
    It just seems to be items I don't want for a piddly discount. :(

Nice idea but about as much fun as trying to put a coat on a Christmas tree!
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited November 2013
    kitasmum wrote:
    I did try to get live chat to help with this before but it was like using a paper umbrella in a rainstorm.

LOL, there really needs to be a "like" button around here.

My offers were all pretty lame, since I own quite a bit. Instead of the Romanza issue, I was plagued with my reoccurring nightmare: the "Everyday Kids Collection". The items from this set try and fool me all the time on the DD. I own the entire set, but because I bought it before it was combined into the "November 2011 Compilation", it doesn't show up as me owning all the individual items. Even though I own all the other items in the compilation, I can't download the compilation without re-purchasing the items from the Everyday Kids!

For everyone else with this issue- I just realized the Nov 2011 Comp is on sale right now, so we can finally download it for free...like we should have been entitled to years ago...
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    edited November 2013
    I own the Romanza sets and it still tells me I don't own individual items even though, recently one of the Romania sets suddenly appeared in my purchase history and it says it was free. And when I look at the set it now says I own all the items. So I thought my Romanza problem was fixed. But individual items still show as not owned. When I had a go at make an offer yesterday it offered me roman a dresses in two or three of the offers. I declined to buy and haven't had a go yet today. Too busy so far.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited November 2013
    can you believe it i did the mmao to see what offer i'd get twice it offerd me the tutor of tudors in the five rolls that's three times in all i was offered the set once yesterday and two this evening plus some clothing for kids
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I accepted one offer today. I ended up with a Romanza suit I already owned and an elder hair I already owned - both showed in my Launcher as owned and installed when I downloaded them.

I also got a girls skirt and two exclusive items I didn't own. Then I was offered 5 more offers containing exclusively Romanza clothes bar one Exclusive tshirt I wasn't prepared to pay 225 sim points for.

This is what I see when I look at the Romanza set in the store:

Romanza.jpg"width=660"
    online photo sharing

The 2 items that show as owned are the items I have now purchased twice.
  • Options
    romancingspaderomancingspade Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    Lacklustre items that I don't want at a small discount, not a good deal.
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    Karritz -- I have a similar problem with the Romanza sets.

I purchased the Romanza Ceremony + Attire on 10Feb'11 for 650sp and the Romanza Bridal Party on 11Feb'11 for 550sp.

When I look at the page for Bridal Party it shows me owning 10 of 18 items (56%) but gives me the blue download button. When I look at the page for C + A it shows me owning 11 of 22 items (not CYS eligible) but gives me the blue download button. Only some of the items on these two pages have the orange box around them.

By my calculations, I should be able to download Romanza C + R + A for free, but the store still wants 315 sp for that (even though the only item I do not own from this is the silver candelabra -- a recolor of the gold one already in the game and only worth 25 sp :evil: ).

The sooner that the store team can figure out what's going on, the better :? .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I own all of the Romanza sets. I own 100% of all of them.

I just put that one up as an example. I had to rush out of the house at the time. I'm on my phone now. The Romanza problem is very frustrating and has gone on for too long. I can't remember exactly when I purchased them but it was a long time ago.
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2013
    Well my second day of "Make Me An Offer" and...
    Nothing but ugly clothing I don't want (serves me right for owning nearly all of the build/buy sets)

At least I'll save me money for the "Mother Russia" set :D

• Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2013
    I only got a few pieces of clothing plus *every single offer* included an elder version of that 2009 boater hat with the bangs over the eyes. I already have it and I don't have it installed because I really don't like it.
    I know I don't have enough points for the Mother Russia set, but I'm hoping that tomorrow the 'make me an offer' will include some items from that set, too. :)