May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Me An Offer?

In the store on the left, when did we get that? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited November 2013
    http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/mmao

Probably today's maintanance, this is what I found on it :wink:
  • Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's brand new! They added it during the maintenance tonight. Seems pretty cool. I kinda wish I didn't own so much store content because I looked through my 5 "offers" and didn't see anything I wanted. :( But it's still a cool idea! Much better than goodie boxes, you can actually see what you're going to get. I'm excited to check again tomorrow! :D

http://www.thesims3.com/gettingstarted/mmao
  • Options
    AcebrsAcebrs Posts: 210 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Kinda a neat feature, though I still prefer to pick and choose items that I am using for a particular build.
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited November 2013
    oh boy!
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just saw this! I tried out one offer and got 3 items; 2 of them were from Surf's Up so my CYS came down on that set :-) .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited November 2013
    I own way too much and none of the offers were good for me either. Good for others who don't. Thanks all for the info.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited November 2013
    I think its: Eh.

I saw lots of things I wanted, but all I ask is that the complimentary Simpoints not get discontinued, so that I may actually have a chance to get the offers. :?
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well i bought the 5th offer they gave me, as it had 5 items from 2 sets i wanted to complete. then it popped up to give me 5 more offers. lol
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited November 2013
    The first offer was nothing I was really interested in. (I'm not paying 1000 simpoints for children's pajamas!). The second offer is very, very tempting.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited November 2013
    For me the first one was way more points than I have.
    Then second I grabbed because 2 items from a set I've been trying to get CYS.
    Then another that was to much and then one that was those individual items not in a set with one items that I needed for CYS.

Now I'm almost out of points....

I am thinking this will go nicely with CYS...DD and of course weekly sale items.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited November 2013
    "What if I already own everything?"
    "First, thank you for being such a great Store customer! We often include special items that you can only purchase through Make Me an Offer, so be sure to try it out."

The only thing I don't own is the Grandpa's Grove Venue. 4 offers were all elder hair I already own. Idk what in the world is up with that. The last one offered this:

5n1axi.png
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    I got offered Tutor of Tudors 3 out of 5 times, the lowest price was 1083, however my CYS is only 540. I got offered Country Living at 1072, once again much more expensive then my CYS of 785. My only other offer contained 4 Clothing items for 177, this was not a bad deal, however they were items I was not crazy about, so I passed.

It is an interesting idea, but I suspect my CYS will still beat most deals, since I have some pretty good CYS prices on most of my remaining sets thanks to the goodie boxes. The only way I can see this benefiting me is if they start offering me the worlds/venues that I don't currently own. Still this could be good for those who do not own much.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ok that ended up working out nicer than planned. the 5 items were 288 and all from make a wish compilation (my CYS was over 800), and i ended up getting the rest of the comp free! nice deal!
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited November 2013
    I ALMOST bit with the Tudor set because it offered me 999 with that and some clothing, but there's other stuff I want more so I passed. But it was a painful moment. I know...I'm nuts. But I've only got so much money...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    One of the offers I had included Lunar Lakes (which I need) but I didn't have enought sp to get that deal. Another offer had the Bistro set but again didn't have enough sp to get it. I hope we get a good sale for BF/CM :wink: .
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited November 2013
    I got offered the Regency ARcade which I already own.... So much for the no duplicates FAQ
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    I got offered the Regency ARcade which I already own.... So much for the no duplicates FAQ

Why am I not surprised. The store has never been able to do the no duplicates thing properly. But at least these are not like the goodie boxes where you pay in advance and get stuck with any duplicates.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, Alli, because of my Romanza problem, quite a few of the offers had stuff from those sets so I passed on those. I just wish the store would recognize what I actually own :!: :evil:
  • Options
    SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was offered nothing from my wish list or anything good, just all hair and clothes that I'm not interested in. Passed on all of it. The discounts weren't enticing enough on any of it.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2013
    What with them offering the elder versions of hair we already own...when it comes in the original hair anyway? :hunf:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow! What a neat feature! :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Angel_D0109Angel_D0109 Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited November 2013
    I was offered nothing I actually want and the discounts were something like "save 16%!"... yeah sorry but 16% isn't really enough of a discount...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I know I had a couple 40% and iirc i also had a 42% off deal.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited November 2013
    It's a neat concept. I wish they accounted for CYS.

They really want to get the most out of the store before everyone moves to s4. I kinda wonder what's next. Sims get TV commercial advertising store merchandise in the game? Maybe sims will get telemarketing advertising a discount on something in the store? Haha, well at least this on is not an in game advertisement, those really annoy me, this one's kind of fun because of the randomness.

I'm not complaining just pointing out something that's funny to me.
  • Options
    ccllmmssccllmmss Posts: 37 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like this idea. I have a lot of store items, so I was not surprised that I was not interested in the first 5 offers, because I already have a lot of the things I want (I am hoping for an offer with a venue or world that I don't have).

After I passed on the first two offers, I tried to go back to look at the first offer again, but could not find it. Is every offer good for one hour, or can you only have one offer open at a time? If you can have more than one open at a time, where do you find your current, open offers?