Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion can you live without?

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have the base game with Pets,Town Life Stuff,Late Night,Fast Lane Stuff,World Adventures,Generations,Outdoor Living Stuff,Seasons and Sweet Treats.I used to have Supernatural,but uninstalled it after finding my copy didn't work and seeing that the disk was bad and I'm looking to get a replacement disk for that one and collect the rest of the Sims 3 games.I doubt my computer will have any problems handling the lot since it plays the game very smoothly even during a virus scan or any heavy duty task.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2013
    I like seasons but what annoys me is the endless rain that goes on for days at a time, in the end I turned it off! :lol:
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    Probably Showtime. I'm not really fond of the town it came with, and I never use the new jobs. I do use the objects and clothing, but for me it really ended up being a stuff pack.

I think that is a good point, especially for people who haven't bought all EPs yet. With Sims 3 ending, there are a lot of sales. I never paid more than $10 for an expansion, except Into The Future, which I preordered (and am loving it) and Island Paradise, which I'm still waitiing for a major sale.

So if you stop to think about it, if you get a good deal like I did, even if you only use it for the world or the stuff you get, it is still cheaper than a store world or even store items.

• Options
    050840050840 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2013
    Excluding freeze,bug or other tech ,I will pick Generation and Show time.
    Generation maybe the worst expansion in Sims series(including 1 and 2)I dun think the EP have much content,plus, there is no selling point for this EP,the teenage activities should be included in University life.Chemistry is a fail skill all of it function can be replaced or done better by wizard/fairy/magic potion.
    Showtime did not give me much fun as the performance do not really impress me.Also,it should merge with late night.
    Ambitions is the 3rd EP I will del if I have to, the professional is quite annoying if u have finished all the event and do it agn and agn for sims dollar.
    Anyway,I will still give it a positive comment.
    In addition,it is a pity EA do not put Island Paradise,Dragon valley and a additional map(another planet) and lucky palm into vacation spot.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited October 2013
    My pick would probably be IP or Pets...followed closely by Seasons. However, I'm one who tended to really love Showtime and Generations.

So I think it depends on how you play the game.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't own into the future, but I may get it. However I have uninstalled World Adventures due to never really using the features on it.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited October 2013
    emma78888 wrote:
    I like a realistic game so I avoid Into the Future and Supernatural, both of those I chose to not bother with.

Same here
  • Options
    Ablueidgirl2Ablueidgirl2 Posts: 444 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't have all of the packs but Generations is my least favorite as far as game play but I love all the decor items that were added with that pack. It's the only thing I miss.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited October 2013
    I haven't had an opportunity to play Into the Future yet. Right now my vote goes to Island Paradise. What a waste!
  • Options
    sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2013
    Supernatural or Showtime. Not really a big fan of fantasy and the careers kind of got boring in Showtime after a while.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited October 2013
    World Adventures, I traveled probably four times since I had the game.
  • Options
    LambkinLambkin Posts: 202 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've purchased all but Sweet Treats. Showtime and Supernatural I could have done without though. (Which is really understated)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    Gosh, I don't know. I love them all. I don't use the gameplay from Showtime or Pets that often, but the build/buy catalogue for both is really fantastic, and the animals are so cute. Maybe I'd sacrifice Generations now that we have others ways to get spiral staircases and wedding arches. It's a really tough one though.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited October 2013
    I use them all extensively, but if I HAD to choose one, I guess it would be Showtime. There's not a lot I use from that expansion, although I do like all of the objects, the acrobat career is a ton of fun to play, and one of my favorite EA-made houses ever is in Starlight Shores. So it would hurt to give it up, but a little less than the other expansions. :D
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited October 2013
    I like something from all the expansions. I have all of them except Into The Future. I have Island Paradise but I haven't downloaded it, yet.

If I had to live without one of the expansion packs it would probably be Ambitions or Pets.

I never use the Ambitions careers except for the self employed option, but, that also came with Supernatural so Ambitions has no use for me now. As for Pets, I like Apaloosa Plains a lot. But, my sims rarely have pets and it looks weird having wild horses and deer running around all over the place. I like the option of my sims having pets though so I don't feel like I wasted money buying that EP.

There is so much stuff in the game it can become hard to focus on all the features of every EP. There are so many things my sims haven't done yet. I like all the EP's it's just that my typical gameplay leans more toward using some EP's more than others. But, it's nice to know that if I want to change things up there is enough content to allow me to if I want.
  • Options
    050840050840 Posts: 55 Member
    edited October 2013
    My pick would probably be IP or Pets...followed closely by Seasons. However, I'm one who tended to really love Showtime and Generations.

So I think it depends on how you play the game.
    I really dun understand what I got from the generation....
    Also, I believe Supernatural,showtime, Pet,Seasons, ITTF and IP would beyond dispute as some players do not like certain activities/pet/unrealistic content.

I just dun understand why so many of players here put Adventure in the list.
    Dispute the joy provided by vacation,2 useful skills(kung fu and wine producing), lots of vegetable,bugs,fish and content was added.

Even u are not a crazy collector,the EP provide u 3 totally different building style(China,Egypt,France) was added,over 30 house was added in the game......I dun think any expansion pack except Island Paradise or certain map pack can provide such thing.
    I will say it is the most valuable EP in Sims 3.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    edited October 2013
    I have a new laptop coming so I'm going to have to choose which eps to install. Must haves are Ambitions, LN, Seasons, SN and ITF. The rest are extraneous and probably won't be included. I hate it but I'm leaving out WA, which has been my fav forever, too afraid of the many glitches that came with the first ep; :roll: Pets, Generations and ST were never in the running; I'd love to be able to squeeze UL and some sps in but it definitely depends on the game running smoothly, most important.

Edit to say on my desktop machine I have all eps and most sps, just because there are things in these eps that have to included for some player made worlds to work...I like player made worlds. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ChrysameChrysame Posts: 528 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't have ITF but have the rest. I'd say Showtime and Pets. I'm tempted to uninstall them every other day. They're more annoying then anything else. Thank goodness for mods so I can eliminate certain careers and control the pet population.
  • Options
    semicheasemichea Posts: 79 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't actually use a lot of the features that came with Supernatural, Pets, or Showtime, but I use the CAS and Build/Buy items that came with those expansions with almost every house I build and every Sim I create. I think the items that came with those EPs saved the EP because I haven't noticed many people that do play with Supernaturals, put their sims in the Showtime careers, or give their sims pets, but the items that came with those EPs are really amazing. :)

• Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love all my expansion packs, but I could probably live without Ambitions.
  • Options
    4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2013
    I could play fine without Showtime, I haven't even tried all the careers that came with it yet. Supernatural isn't that necessary either since I keep my game realistic (I really like all the furniture that comes with it though). I used to love pets but got tired of it pretty quickly, I've only kept it to add reality to my game.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,569 Member
    edited October 2013
    Seasons and maybe University Life. I like the idea of college life but I can't send every generation to college since it kinda gets boring for me. I only send 2-3 sims every 3-4 gens or so. In seasons the weather can sometimes get annoying too, I liked the outfits but my sims nearly catch on fire from being out in the sun and they get late to work just to switch into outerwear because it's cold.
  • Options
    PrisquaPrisqua Posts: 60 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I can live without Showtime in my game and probably Generations. Showtime is the one I am sure I am not using at all. There are others I dont like for the most part but there is always one little thing I will love about it.
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    semichea wrote:
    I don't actually use a lot of the features that came with Supernatural, Pets, or Showtime, but I use the CAS and Build/Buy items that came with those expansions with almost every house I build and every Sim I create. I think the items that came with those EPs saved the EP because I haven't noticed many people that do play with Supernaturals, put their sims in the Showtime careers, or give their sims pets, but the items that came with those EPs are really amazing. :)

Hmm I disagree. Supernatural is my favorite expansion. Not just because of object but because of gameplay too. It is awesome expansion.

I like lifestates. I can not play the game without lifestates, supernatural sims. So speak for yourself not for other.

Alot of people play Supernatural because of gameplay, not objects. :?