Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & in-game Sales - Started 6 Sept - NOW CLOSED!

Comments

• Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2013
    Blooming Garden at 86% with 4 minutes left? Who doesn't own this yet? I swear, they are probably making like 4 or 5 "digital pieces" available, and 4 people have bought it. :lol: Fix the list! Start a new one! Go back to only one deal a day as long as it's new! ANYTHING!!!! ***WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH*** (supercry).

Sigh.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    My guess, is Torrie and Ryan's dream wedding :)

I know it won't be that but gosh a girl can dream can't she :oops:
    OH NO, that was my second guess.

OH NO!! this Was my First guess.... :hunf:

HMMM, I don't know what to guess now..

I don't know,
    1. A New Group off to University, though I doubt it.
    2. A DD night out, a group outing to one of the clubs or bars.

David: Thanks David for all of your great videos, can't wait to see your 1000th post :D .

Meg: Your new home looks great. I like how you used those column things or scultures or whatever they are (can't remember where they are located). Very cool looking house.

Lauren:I can't see your pics right now for the new Ballroom club. I tried refreshing a couple times the page a couple times, still no show though :( . But I am sure it looks great :wink:

Jess: Great New House :D , it is so BIG!!

Drew: Great work on your house, I really like the driveway, great use of that large gate, I don't usually think there is a lot of use for it unless on a mansion, but it looks great like that.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I guess for now should we keep posting them... :? :?: :?:

<a href="http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18463&categoryId=13814&scategoryId=11547&pcategoryId=11545&ppcategoryId=11509"&gt; The Great Beijing Floor Lamp </a> / 14 / 25 / 44% / 2 hours

Its is a part of the following sets:
    <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18281&quot; target="_blank"> Worldly Goodies </a>
    <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:49575&quot; target="_blank"> World Inspiration </a>

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,999 Member
    edited October 2013
    You know that our interest in stalking is very low when a deal is not posted for at least 15 minutes after the deal changed.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    You know that our interest in stalking is very low when a deal is not posted for at least 15 minutes after the deal changed.

LOL :mrgreen: , I was thinking the same thing as I was taking my sweet time to type it up :lol: , when I am excited to be stalking I usually have the post half typed before the previous deal ends.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited October 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    Me1620 wrote:

LOL :mrgreen: , I was thinking the same thing as I was taking my sweet time to type it up :lol: , when I am excited to be stalking I usually have the post half typed before the previous deal ends.

You typed it up? For the deal I posted earlier I just did a quick copy/paste from the old list.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    Me1620 wrote:

You typed it up? For the deal I posted earlier I just did a quick copy/paste from the old list.

LOL what can I say :lol: I am bored and taking a break from building, to eat a quick snack, plus I like having the links when I am trying to compare prices for CYS, so I thought someone else might like to have them too :mrgreen: .
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2013
    @bouquetcatcher -- I own nothing of the Las Vegas Bedroom so my price would be the Sale! page price of 618sp. That's why I wanted to know if purchasing that or the Arcade would be the better deal.

My idea was that if I purchased the Arcade at 1700sp, since my CYS for the Oct2011 Comp was 1980sp that Comp would probably be free. That, in turn, would bring down the total for the Go All In Comp to very little, if anything. And that, in turn, would bring down the total for the Sep2011 Comp.

But my math skills using percentages are very weak (I blame my parents for moving when I was in the 4th grade and dropping me half-way into a math class that was already working on percents and I hadn't done any yet :P. Of course, that was back in the old days, before "new math" then "new new math" and whatever they teach now).
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    My idea was that if I purchased the Arcade at 1700sp, since my CYS for the Oct2011 Comp was 1980sp that Comp would probably be free.

I think your logic here is very sound, I think you will definitely be able to use CYS on the Oct. 2011 Comp., I actually think your over shooting the CYS here. It is hard to say how significant of an effect you will see on each of you CYS price from buying the Arcade, but I would say it will take a nice chunk off each one. Price of a set or an item doesn't really indicate much some items have more effect than others on CYS.

Edit: opps ignore the second part that used to be here, I am tired.

Edit again: nope I was right the first time :roll:

If you get the Go All In Comp., the Pinball machine is also in two others, Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation and Everyday Teens Collection, I am not sure if you have any interest but it should help out with those quite a bit since it is a PC item.
  • Options
    JaquaineJaquaine Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    despina53 wrote:
    @bouquetcatcher -- I own nothing of the Las Vegas Bedroom so my price would be the Sale! page price of 618sp. That's why I wanted to know if purchasing that or the Arcade would be the better deal.

My idea was that if I purchased the Arcade at 1700sp, since my CYS for the Oct2011 Comp was 1980sp that Comp would probably be free. That, in turn, would bring down the total for the Go All In Comp to very little, if anything. And that, in turn, would bring down the total for the Sep2011 Comp.

But my math skills using percentages are very weak (I blame my parents for moving when I was in the 4th grade and dropping me half-way into a math class that was already working on percents and I hadn't done any yet :P. Of course, that was back in the old days, before "new math" then "new new math" and whatever they teach now).

If you own nothing of the Las Vegas Bedroom, and intend to buy it you should get the Roulette Radiance Ceiling Lamp for 25sp first, because even when the set is on sale and the individual items aren't, you should always buy the cheapest item of the set, because the first item in a set will usually give you at least a 10% discount. Because the set is on sale and the arcade isn't, you should get a bigger CYS discount per sim point by getting the set instead of the arcade. I expect that by buying the Roulette Radiance Ceiling Lamp, then the Viva Las Vegas Bedroom set and then completing the Oct2011 comp you will spend less sp then if you purchased the arcade and then complete the Oct2011 comp. However, CYS is always a bit of guess work.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bamboo Chair by Island Lumberjacks / 50 / 75 / 33% / 2 hours

Okay I'll be lazy this time :P
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2013
    The images break because I uploaded them to a free host. Was hoping they'd last a little longer but ofc not :roll: I've uploaded a few sneak peeks to my PB so you guys can see :p I got a little swamped with some big freelance orders so didn't have time to finish it today. Hopefully tomorrow!

EDIT: Sorry about the size. If you right click->open in new tab or w/e you can view the entire pic.

Screenshot-14_zps0bdc8c46.jpg

Screenshot-24_zpsdedc8e95.jpg

Screenshot-21_zps02269ba1.jpg

Screenshot-23_zpse44362ed.jpg

Screenshot-26_zps488d607f.jpg

Screenshot-31_zpsd914d7ee.jpg
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    The images break because I uploaded them to a free host. Was hoping they'd last a little longer but ofc not :roll: I've uploaded a few sneak peeks to my PB so you guys can see :p I got a little swamped with some big freelance orders so didn't have time to finish it today. Hopefully tomorrow!

Wow! That is stunning! I love everything about it, but the ballroom just takes my breath away, it looks so great! Take your time, because real life should come first, and this is certainly worth the wait. Thank you so much for all your hard work in creating this wonderful MH build for us to enjoy!

• Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited October 2013
    To everyone here, thanks for liking my house. Also, coming from a bunch of talented creators, that a very huge compliment. :D

As a thank you to all, I also uploaded another version of Outside In, Inside Out, with mostly base game items. I thought I removed all store content and other EP items but still, I missed some.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7712229

For every one whose is still looking for salon and tattoo for Midnight Hollow, I renovated Barney's Salon and Tattoo.

10096780114_c433ceb56a_c.jpg

10096810265_8d5e6ec890_c.jpg

10096808325_830c90c8aa_c.jpg

10096771204_48f81bcd7a_c.jpg

10096854096_418a18dcba_c.jpg

A little warning, this might stand out in MH, with it's bright colors. Blame that woman on the fifth picture. She ordered her architect to make it that way, and so I obliged. :lol:
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,999 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am posting this with 1:05 left in the deal

376 ) Real McCoy Barstool / 40 / 75 / 47% / 2 hours

Part of Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited October 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    Jess: Great New House :D , it is so BIG!!
    Thanks. It's only 4 stories tall and the house itself takes up most of the 30X30 block. It would have been 3 stories and a basement only the stairs wouldn't cooperate with the foundation

Thanks Jen.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    377 ) Island sunset sofa 67/100 33% 2 hours
    Tiki outdoor party
    Island escape comp
    May 2011 comp
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    378 ) Sanctuary sofa 57/100 43% 2 hours
    Sun, surf and sand (sleep)
    Sun, surf and sand (swim and sleep)
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    PakaJynxPakaJynx Posts: 285 Member
    edited October 2013
    *looks at builds, jaw hits floor*

@David: Two guesses? A chaotic DD party or a compilation of Sim bloopers. :mrgreen:

Are we still on this list? Blargh.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    379 ) international swimwear for men 43/75 43% 2 hours
    Life's a beach (swim)
    Sun, surf and sand (swim and sleep)
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited October 2013
    And now!

380 ) Hosomaki Counter / 70 / 110 / 36% / 2 hours :?

Best of 2012 Compilation; Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining
  • Options
    MurphysLuckMurphysLuck Posts: 215 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Lauren: That. place. is. fabulous!! :shock: Like there should be a reservation hotline underneath the picture. I love the idea of adding the dance floor under the stage. Such a clever trick! Now I kinda wished I'd grabbed MH while it was still on sale! :lol: Probably still grab it and just tweak anything that looks too out of place. :wink:

@David: What a fun idea!! Let's see, I'll guess... a costume party! It's just about the right season for it and some of those sim costumes are a hoot. (Just TRY and tell me Jeremy wouldn't be all over that hot dog costume! LOL!!) :mrgreen: Second guess, I was going to say something silly, like a llama invasion, but I think instead I'll go with a kitty adoption for Ivy! Because kitties!!
    4-2.gif
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hello dear friends.

I got the e-mail below today. I don't suppose they are using this time to fix the daily deal, and change the rotation?.... yeah, I doubt it too, but I can dream right. At least we won't have to miss any good stuff on the DD while the site is down.

Scheduled Maintenance TODAY Oct. 8 starting 4:00PM PDT
    TheSims3.com will be undergoing scheduled maintenance today (October 8) starting at 4:00PM PDT. The entire site - including the Exchange, Store, and forums will be down for several hours.

We thank you for your patience.

The Sims Web Team

Edit: That is actually October 8, not sure why a emoticon is showing up instead.
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2013
    @Lauren: That. place. is. fabulous!! :shock: Like there should be a reservation hotline underneath the picture. I love the idea of adding the dance floor under the stage. Such a clever trick! Now I kinda wished I'd grabbed MH while it was still on sale! :lol: Probably still grab it and just tweak anything that looks too out of place. :wink:

@David: What a fun idea!! Let's see, I'll guess... a costume party! It's just about the right season for it and some of those sim costumes are a hoot. (Just TRY and tell me Jeremy wouldn't be all over that hot dog costume! LOL!!) :mrgreen: Second guess, I was going to say something silly, like a llama invasion, but I think instead I'll go with a kitty adoption for Ivy! Because kitties!!
    4-2.gif

Hmm you mean like a table and phone? I hadn't thought of that but it WOULD make sense. I'll play around with it and see what I can do :lol: My Bistro set was bugged :roll: so I'm going to have to playtest more before uploading (I'm extremely picky and that's why it takes me forever to get lots uploaded post-completion, haha). I'm glad everyone's liking it. I'm probably going to convert the third floor at some point and make a hotel. I think it'd make a great hotel, can even expand up and into the basement for rooms 8)
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited October 2013
    Do forgive me if my math is off but, if I understand Jaquaine's suggestion, purchasing a 25sp item from the LV Bedroom Set would drop the CYS price of that set to 523sp (10% of 950 = 95 / 618-95 = 523 or am I wrong?).

This in turn would give me a total of 31 of 63 items (just under 50%) in the Oct'11 Comp. So if I pay 25sp + 523sp = 548sp for the LV Bedroom then if the Oct'11 Comp doesn't drop below 1152sp I would be better off just purchasing the Regency Arcade for 1700sp (1152 + 548 = 1700). Now I'm just confusing myself :? .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"