Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & in-game Sales - Started 6 Sept - NOW CLOSED!

Comments

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2013
    321 ) Man Cave Compilation / 2010 / 3000 / 33% / 1 hr

Big surprise, right? :|

:evil:

I will try to be vicariously happy for those who still need this set, but it will be difficult, because I am so sick of seeing it!
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hey David and/or Lauren. I got TS3 in Windowed mode, but the window is very small. Any way to fix that? I need to change my monitor resolution right?
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited October 2013
    Don't if this is indicative of anything but the IGS Daily Deal page has been down, for me, for the last few deals - getting a '500' server error ... :?

Have seen it occasionally before, so it may be just "one of them things" ...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Don't if this is indicative of anything but the IGS Daily Deal page has been down, for me, for the last few deals - getting a '500' server error ... :?

Have seen it occasionally before, so it may be just "one of them things" ...

Down for me too. Glad I already own the man cave and I'm not trying to get it with CYS, since I wouldn't know what to do.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Syronin wrote:
    I feel sorry for you guys if this is the old rotation.. For me its not so bad because I wasnt around then. I am just trying to figure out in advance if I will buy the Man Cave Compilation in a few hours!

Were you able to get this okay?
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited October 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Awesome David, thank you! How are you feeling, btw?

About 90-95% back to normal, I think. :mrgreen: Thanks a lot for asking! Still as busy as ever, but glad to not be doing everything with a fever now. :lol:
  • Options
    29cats29cats Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2013
    Okay I am just as disgusted as everyone else that 'the list that never changes' is back but I want to thank you again Wallin for telling me about the IGS and clearing things up for me. I managed the save around 500 points on The Man Cave just now. Owned most of it but didn't like what I didn't own enough to finish off the set. I got it for free thanks to the Daily Deal. Thanks again
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    29cats wrote:
    Okay I am just as disgusted as everyone else that 'the list that never changes' is back but I want to thank you again Wallin for telling me about the IGS and clearing things up for me. I managed the save around 500 points on The Man Cave just now. Owned most of it but didn't like what I didn't own enough to finish off the set. I got it for free thanks to the Daily Deal. Thanks again

So the IGS page work for you? It is still broken for me.
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited October 2013
    #321 did not sell out early, which I believe goes to show how tired the buying public is of the previous list and its return.

322 ) Tower of Much Knowledge / 50 / 75 / 33% / 2 hrs

part of Animals Abound, Panda & Friends, Tip Top Toddler, Best of 2010 and Kids! 2010
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    IGS works, though the actual daily deal page seems to be broken. Maybe if you already own the set, it doesn't know what to do with itself. :P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well at least we can all get a good sleep tonight, no need to get up and check the daily deal, since we already know what we will get.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    IGS works, though the actual daily deal page seems to be broken. Maybe if you already own the set, it doesn't know what to do with itself. :P

But isn't that where people who need to use their CYS need to go? Or maybe the purchase page is working correctly now, since I haven't seen anyone complaining that they got overcharged for a set? I guess it doesn't matter now, since I don't want/need any sets from the last rotation, but it would be great to know if they actually fixed it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Looks like there's a new set on the Store page, which I'm personally not interested in at all, but maybe someone else will be.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:69774
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    323 ) Linen Leafs Shirt, with Lei! / 48 / 75 / 36% / 2 hrs

part of Beach Bummin'
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    David and/or Lauren. I got TS3 in Windowed mode, but the window is very small. Any way to fix that? I need to change my monitor resolution right?

I know you asked someone else but somewhere in the options section of the game you can change it to things like 1024x768, 1680x1050, etc but I don't remember where. I think you will have to restart the game once you do.
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited October 2013
    planettv wrote:
    Meg1626 wrote:
    David and/or Lauren. I got TS3 in Windowed mode, but the window is very small. Any way to fix that? I need to change my monitor resolution right?

Somewhere in the options section of the game you can change it to things like 1024x768, 1680x1050, etc but I don't remember where. I think you will have to restart the game once you do.

Nice, thanks for the tip! I'll try it tomorrow.

For now, I am off to bed! G'night all! I really hope we have our new list back by tomorrow. :?
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ok so I didn't want my comment about "feeling like it was the last list" to actually be TRUE!!! Ugh. Double-ugh.
    Lemonpawz wrote:
    As for Majix, I had originally built this disco club for it but guess I forgot a step in getting it on the list? Haha x.x

It's on this list! I have it in my game! :D It's a fabulous club! Are you not seeing it anymore?
    29cats wrote:

Did you buy it off the regular DD page or the IGS (in-game sales) page? If the IGS page is broken for everyone including you then I guess you got it off the regular page, which means the CYS/DD discount issue is no longer broken!!

And, since nothing new. G'night all! Won't be on much this weekend, out of town.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    planettvplanettv Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2013
    Meg1626 - Your Welcome.

I hope the current items appearing in the Daily Deal, ones that were apart of last rotation, aren't an early Halloween prank.

I going to be combining the java hut, the comic book store and bowling alley, at some point, so I can have them on one lot and I'm thinking of adding a forth thing to it but I don't know what. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited October 2013
    planettv wrote:
    Meg1626 - Your Welcome.

I hope the current items appearing in the Daily Deal, ones that were apart of last rotation, aren't an early Halloween prank.

I going to be combining the java hut, the comic book store and bowling alley, at some point, so I can have them on one lot and I'm thinking of adding a forth thing to it but I don't know what. Any suggestions?

Hi Planet! How about an arcade? And since java hut is the only "official" community lot type you can flag it as that. Neat lot idea! Well I guess technically University Life did add "Arcade" a lot type. Arcade has been on my to-build list since long before UL but it will be forever before I get to it, and two never hurt! Assuming you want to be included in DDSBA and Majix, that is! Anyway, arcade is just my two cents. :mrgreen:
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ...well, they skipped a couple. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

324 ) Laddered Window / 60 / 100 / 40% / 2 hrs

part of Mid-Century Fantasy, Blast From the Past and May 2011
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ...well, they skipped a couple. Not sure if that's a good sign or not.

324 ) Laddered Window / 60 / 100 / 40% / 2 hrs

part of Mid-Century Fantasy, Blast From the Past and May 2011

If I remember correctly they also skipped deals during the final rotation? It's so hard to say what they are up to. I am going to try to get some sleep tonight without worrying about it, hopefully we will know more tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    325 ) Love Seat Retreat / 70 / 100 / 30% / 2 hrs

part of Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep) and Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    326 ) Ono Reflections / 57 / 100 / 43% / 2 hrs

part of Tiki Outdoor Party, Island Escape and May 2011
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited October 2013
    We've just got a new sale page..
  • Options
    TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited October 2013
    So I just had a thought and had to get out of bed to type it out. What if we were wrong about when this rotation started? What if the final rotation of the last list, when it started skipping items on the list, if this was the actual start of the new rotation? And it is not a mistake that these items are repeating? :?

Does anyone remember what all that was skipped? I went back, it looks like we started to talk about it around when deals 49 and 51 were skipped. But were more skipped before this too. I don't remember I kinda quit watching the DD for a few days at the beginning of last repeat.

I Hope not, I don't want to have to repeat all those items again. I really just hope that we eventually get back to the new list, I missed so many items I would like to grab.