Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OLD DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & in-game Sales - Started 6 Sept - NOW CLOSED!

Comments

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,004 Member
    edited September 2013
    9 ) <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45959&categoryId=13814&scategoryId=11518&pcategoryId=11517&ppcategoryId=11509&quot; target="new"> Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter Island </a> / 42 / 75 / 44% / 3 hours

Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter sold out with 49 minutes remaining.

The item is contained in:
    <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45921&quot; target="_blank"> Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set </a>
    <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:45923&quot; target="_blank"> New Year, New Kitchen! </a>
    <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46608&quot; target="_blank"> January 2012 Compilation </a>
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I am not sure if anyone has ever pointed this out, or if it even matter, but I noticed something kinda weird about the <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46608&quot; target="_blank"> January 2012 Compilation </a>. It say it contains 53 items, one of the 53 items towards the bottom is the complete <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46608&quot; target="_blank"> More Magic! set </a> , and then after, it has all of its items listed by themselves. I own the more magic set, I have checks on all the boxes for the individual items but not a check on the complete set. I can't help but wonder if and how this is affected the CYS price on this compilation??

Edit:Okay why is my text all big, I can't figure out what is happening, it looks fine when I hit preview

Edit: Wow that was weird :hunf: not sure why my text was so huge, but I re-typed it, and it seem to be fine now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Maybe checking off the whole set would be double counting. I don't see a picture for the crystal ball that is included in the set. If they displayed the correct image maybe it would be checked off.

I have another similar example. The Hollywood Regency Den does not register properly. I own the whole set but it shows 1 of 8 items checked off. This then affects Sept 2011 compilation

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    MurphysLuckMurphysLuck Posts: 215 Member
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    TinaG1947 wrote:

edit: How I feel about this new list so far :cry: :evil: :x :( :thumbdown: :|

I am in total agreement! :(

Me too, I own every single thing so far... just gotta keep telling myself it's early...

Fourth-ing! :? I've got the Edwardian stuff, and the Haute stuff (ha!) just isn't really my cup of tea. *sigh*

If this is going to be a kitchen-heavy thread, somebody wake me when it gets around to the Mid-Century kitchen stuff. :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    I am not sure if anyone has ever pointed this out, or if it even matter, but I noticed something kinda weird about the <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46608&quot; target="_blank"> January 2012 Compilation </a>. It say it contains 53 items, one of the 53 items towards the bottom is the complete <a href="http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:46608&quot; target="_blank"> More Magic! set </a> , and then after, it has all of its items listed by themselves. I own the more magic set, I have checks on all the boxes for the individual items but not a check on the complete set. I can't help but wonder if and how this is affected the CYS price on this compilation??

Okay so I have a update on this after only a few min, I had purchased the More Magic! Items using the Best of 2012 Compilation not More Magic! and More Magic! is not CYS eligible. I know a few people noticed smaller sets getting added to their purchase history if they owned the larger set a week or so ago. More Magic! was one of the smaller sets like this for me, but something weird most have happened. So I re-downloaded More Magic! just now for free, let it install, and it then checked itself off in the compilation picture. This raised the percentage of the January 2012 Compilation for me from around 33% to over 60%, which let me then download the rest of the set for free.

I know Zommbie said he got the set yesterday, at only 50-something percent, so I probably bought at least one more item today off the DD then I needed to. I Hope that this might help someone else out there though, so I thought I would post it.
  • Options
    EdncrryEdncrry Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2013
    :-) Hi, everyone! Yay, a new list, finally!
    I've been feeling-under-the-weather,(part of getting old I guess). I went to my doctor and he changed some of my medications. I'm feeling better now, and I'm feeling more sociable, too. I am ready to start stalking the Daily Deal again! :-)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well, I know we say nothing is ever guaranteed on a DD rotation and they are all different in one way or another ... but this is very unusual. :?

Like most of you I already own everything that has come up so far but there are clearly Simmers out there who don't, and these are two nice sets.

Putting all these items up on DD will help some Simmers get a great discount on CYS but, and this is the way of the DD, I would not be at all surprised to see the sets themselves come up as well. Probably just after a whole bunch of Simmers have just claimed their CYS discount! :evil:

Anyway, as much as we 'old' DD stalwarts are unimpressed so far, let's remember we are only one day in so far, and there are always Simmers who don't own quite as much of the Store as we do! :D

And, Tiff, thank you so much for the unexpected gift, very kind of you, it's a lovely item on it's own and it will also most definitely helps towards one of my longer-term CYS targets :D

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    I have another similar example. The Hollywood Regency Den does not register properly. I own the whole set but it shows 1 of 8 items checked off. This then affects Sept 2011 compilation

Hmm maybe try to download each individual item and see if that helps any?
    Edncrry wrote:
    :-) Hi, everyone! Yay, a new list, finally!
    I've been feeling-under-the-weather,(part of getting old I guess). I went to my doctor and he changed some of my medications. I'm feeling better now, and I'm feeling more sociable, too. I am ready to start stalking the Daily Deal again! :-)

Hi Ellen, It's good to have you are back :D . I am Sorry that you have been feeling bad, but I am glad you got it worked out now though. I hope you get some great Deals on this rotation.
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited September 2013
    all i had from the Jan 2012 comp was More Magic! from when best of 2012 was 50% off

but i did notice in my PH that before i got the jan2012 the other sets was added to it
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just noticed that the Nautical Living set is now CYS available for anyone who was waiting for that. :-)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Ellen, sorry to hear you've not been well and hope that this new rotation (and the new meds :-) ) will make you feel better.

Umm, is it too soon to plug my latest build for the DDSBA? No? Excellent! :D

The Majix Cove Motor Company showroom and service centre is now open:

tumblr_inline_msrx4htAXz1qz4rgp.jpg

New recruits to the DD may wish to visit the Builders Thread for some truly awesome builds from the many talented DD stalkers.

More info and photos for my little lot are at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/225/701677.page#11310898 or download from http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7645502

• Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited September 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Hi Ellen, sorry to hear you've not been well and hope that this new rotation (and the new meds :-) ) will make you feel better.

Umm, is it too soon to plug my latest build for the DDSBA? No? Excellent! :D

The Majix Cove Motor Company showroom and service centre is now open:

That looks awesome, Adrian! I don't know why you didn't start building stuff sooner! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    I just noticed that the Nautical Living set is now CYS available for anyone who was waiting for that. :-)

this makes me really wish I would have gotten the items from this set on the last rotation :(
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited September 2013
    pls let the next DD be a non kitchen item :fingers crossed:
  • Options
    DrewRavidaDrewRavida Posts: 335 Member
    edited September 2013
    10. Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand / 15 / 25 / 40% / 3 hours
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love that car dealership. It's so elaborate. Hopefully the store will give us PC that will actually let us sell/buy cars :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited September 2013
    10 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand / 15 / 25 / 40% / 3 hours
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2013
    @Adrian - An auto showroom! Very cool, I never would have thought of doing that and it looks so great. Nice work. :D

:lol: The good news is eventually they will run out of items from that set, plus people who do not already own it are having a great day. :wink:

• Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited September 2013
    *hugs Adrians lot* I loooooove cars in this game and I'm HOPING that is going to be a working car lot soon and that the next world has a cash register in it! :)

I like the new rotation with a couple exceptions. About 4 hours before the new rotation started I noticed the price increase on the Waning Moon Set and I used CYS and bought EVERY piece of the Hacienda Kitchen that is now on Daily Deal. I would have saved a BUNCH, but with the way EA changes things, I can't trust that the prices won't just go up! 4 HOURS! :cry:

Oh well...the other...I own everything so far that's in it. But it is nice to expect some fresh stuff.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    edited September 2013
    @Ellen: Glad your meds have been tweaked so that you can join us again.

@Brett: Thank you for posting about the compilation! I went back to check the status of the January compilation. Something must have been updated. I have been tracking the compilation and the Edwardian set. After I bought the counter and island, the compilation was at 36% complete and at 865 points. I read your post, was curious, and checked out the compilation. Without downloading More Magic or purchasing another item, the compilation was now at 67% and the download button appeared.

I am reluctant to download the regency items individually because none have a download button. That set is a small part of the Sept 2011 compilation. I don't own much of the other sets.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:

this makes me really wish I would have gotten the items from this set on the last rotation :(

Take heart! I think there was only one thing (the Angler's sofa on DD), though they have had things on sale from this set. I have a pretty good CYS price on it. But I'm going to try to wait it out a bit for a complete set since I wasted enough on the Fiesta set.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    oops
    Post edited by Unknown User on

• Options
    edited September 2013
    What I found strange was that the compilation and all the other sets it contained did not have the download button after I purchased the two items on the DD. The did register as being purchases and the percent owned changed in the compilation and Edwardian set. Without any other purchases, a few hours later, the percent owned jumped and I was able to download the compilation (and all the sets that it contained.)

• Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited September 2013
    Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Felicity Cultivator Refridgerator / 56 / 100 / 44% / 3 hours

Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand ended early with 1 hour 43 minutes remaining.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    11 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Felicity Cultivator Refridgerator / 56 / 100 / 44% / 3 hours

Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand sold out very early with 1 hour and 43 minutes remaining.