Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

¸.•*•★Manssom's Creative Nook★•*•.¸ ☆Closed - Read first post☆

Comments

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Manssom! Been a long time and my eyes are wide and jaw is dropped over Akimitsu. Think I may be in love! :P <3

Gorgeous colors, clean lines with interesting textures, and again, the colors are so amazing. Definitely ready for fall.

Couldn't give you a favorite aspect as I love it all so very much. DRF!
    Hi Kim :> *puts your jaw back for you* :mrgreen: I am super thrilled that you love it so much :XD:
    I had super fun making it :> Thanks a lot for the DRF! :D
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Manssom I love the new look.. Got you all Rec'd up... Hope you have a wonderful week..
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I present:

Astrid1.png

Yay :'D A renovated cabin, located on a peaceful island. Excellent for those who are looking for
    something affordable to start out with. Comes with a modern interior design including one double bedroom.
    CC free, play tested and upgraded appliances! Enjoy ^__^

Link: Astrid

Pics:

Astrid2.png

Astrid3.png

Astrid4.png

Astrid5.png

Astrid6.png

Astrid7.png

Astrid8.png

Astrid9.png

Astrid10.png

Astrid11.png

Astrid12.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    edited September 2013
    Astrid looks a great home to live a peaceful life on a island on your own away from the rest of the world. Great shade of red you used for the exterior. Nice outdoor area to cook on the bbq and eat outdoors, with the sea air, sunshine and views of what is happening on the sea as boats pass by. Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great the way you have placed the items on the shelf above the tv. The way you have placed the cherry blossom plants either side of the bed , combined with the colours of the banner on the wall behind the bed, the colour/pattern of the bed and drawers, and the blackness of the wall itself. all come together to look great!
    It is a great home. :)
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2013
    What a stunning build! :D I love the dock you have, so beautiful and the light wood really stands out! Also the use of the bright red makes sure that the building maintains the rustic look, but still stands out! The interior is stunning, I love the rustic!

Also, a great idea to make an island! :mrgreen: Great terrain work, especially the painting and the wind turbines! :)

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Such a cute build! :D I like the fact that it is in the middle of an Island. What a pretty place to live for the simmies. I like that pic of that boat tied nearby the house. I wouldn't mind living there. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well isn't that just a stunning little build, Swan Manssom!
    Like yanti, I dig that it is on an island!
    I'm a sucker for outside landscape pictures -- and I think you've captured the area beautifully!
    Annnnd ooooh wee, that pattern on the bed - it's one of my new favorites!
    Gotcha rec'd, love! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    Astrid is uber cute. I love how isolated and peaceful it it. Rec'd.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Manssom! Astrid is Very Cool! I love the windmills out on the water! Very clever. This one is straying a little from the regular Manssomness with it's red exterior color and shape of the design. Me likes! Not that I don't love and admire all your builds! :mrgreen: Your interiors are awesome as always! I LOVE that last shot of the home sitting in the middle of nowhere in the ocean! Very Cool! Big Rec! :P
  • Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited September 2013
    What a clever way to use such a small plot of land.

Great job :D
    Another download.
  • Options
    thetideschangingthetideschanging Posts: 250 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Astrid looks so adorable :) I really like the modern furnishing on the inside. It isn't the style you would expect it to have by looking at the outside. Great work!!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2013
    Well this is a little cutie Manssom. :D:D The perfect self sufficient escape for our sims, I love the picture where all you can see is the ocean. :D Left a rec. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi, sweetie! Your Astrid is another cute and clever build from you! :)
    Already rec'd on the exchange, and also checked - I'm up to date recommending everything in your studio.
    Have a wonderful weekend! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    MeaganJo wrote:
    Your builds are always spectacular Manssom! Rec'd earlier today :)
    Thanks Meags :> *hugz*
    aricarai wrote:
    Hello Swan Manssom!
    I've already rec'd and fav'd this awesome build, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love the color scheme that you picked and the architecture design! It's gorgeous! Great job :mrgreen:
    Thank you, oh mighty Swan creator :'D
    So nice of you to bop by here and tell me that ^__^
    BreeMiles wrote:
    Hi Manssom I love the new look.. Got you all Rec'd up... Hope you have a wonderful week..
    Hi Bree, not sure what you mean but thank you anyways :XD: lol
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Astrid looks a great home to live a peaceful life on a island on your own away from the rest of the world. Great shade of red you used for the exterior. Nice outdoor area to cook on the bbq and eat outdoors, with the sea air, sunshine and views of what is happening on the sea as boats pass by. Nice furnishing of the interior. It looks great the way you have placed the items on the shelf above the tv. The way you have placed the cherry blossom plants either side of the bed , combined with the colours of the banner on the wall behind the bed, the colour/pattern of the bed and drawers, and the blackness of the wall itself. all come together to look great!
    It is a great home. :)
    Thank you so much rose :> But I must admit, I didn't place those items on that
    shelf xD That's a shelf I got with Aurora Skies, and the items are already on it.
    But we could always pretend that I did it :twisted: lol
    What a stunning build! :D I love the dock you have, so beautiful and the light wood really stands out! Also the use of the bright red makes sure that the building maintains the rustic look, but still stands out! The interior is stunning, I love the rustic!

Also, a great idea to make an island! :mrgreen: Great terrain work, especially the painting and the wind turbines! :)

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    Thank you so much! Very happy that you like it :>
    Had much fun with this one, especially shaping the island.
    Something I will do again for sure :'D
    yanti68 wrote:
    Such a cute build! :D I like the fact that it is in the middle of an Island. What a pretty place to live for the simmies. I like that pic of that boat tied nearby the house. I wouldn't mind living there. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Thank you! I am using it as a small retreat in my game :>
    aricarai wrote:
    Well isn't that just a stunning little build, Swan Manssom!
    Like yanti, I dig that it is on an island!
    I'm a sucker for outside landscape pictures -- and I think you've captured the area beautifully!
    Annnnd ooooh wee, that pattern on the bed - it's one of my new favorites!
    Gotcha rec'd, love! :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much :'D LOL! I love that pattern :> Just one of many amazing
    things that I got with University expansion pack :>
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Astrid is uber cute. I love how isolated and peaceful it it. Rec'd.
    Thanks sticks :'D
    Hey Manssom! Astrid is Very Cool! I love the windmills out on the water! Very clever. This one is straying a little from the regular Manssomness with it's red exterior color and shape of the design. Me likes! Not that I don't love and admire all your builds! :mrgreen: Your interiors are awesome as always! I LOVE that last shot of the home sitting in the middle of nowhere in the ocean! Very Cool! Big Rec! :P
    Thanks for another "cool" post Cath :P Sometimes I do step outside
    my comfort zone, but only small steps xD lol!
    crs9900 wrote:
    What a clever way to use such a small plot of land.

Great job :D
    Another download.
    Thank you :shock:
    Astrid looks so adorable :) I really like the modern furnishing on the inside. It isn't the style you would expect it to have by looking at the outside. Great work!!
    Thank you so much! I wanted it look somewhat old on the outside and new (renovated)
    on the inside :> With up-to-date interiors. I love mixing those two ^__^
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    follyfoot wrote:
    Well this is a little cutie Manssom. :D:D The perfect self sufficient escape for our sims, I love the picture where all you can see is the ocean. :D Left a rec. Hugs Folly
    Thank you, dear folly :'D The idea with that picture was to show that it can be
    a very private little island :> Very happy that you like it :mrgreen:
    imoger wrote:
    Hi, sweetie! Your Astrid is another cute and clever build from you! :)
    Already rec'd on the exchange, and also checked - I'm up to date recommending everything in your studio.
    Have a wonderful weekend! *hugs*
    Thank you for checking in :> Very nice of you! Have a lovely Sunday ^__^
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Did that pattern come with Uni?!
    I thought it came with the new patch. I'd never seen it before I did my last build and then BAM, it was in my face yelling, "USE ME, USE ME!"
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited September 2013
    Manssom I love Astrid Cabin it is beautiful.. Such wonderful work.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I hope you have a wonderful day...
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I missed a lot! I'll go back through in a comment and check out all of the new stuff. I wanted to stop in and tell you about this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/713782.page . I think that your mermaid would be amazing for this contest. :mrgreen: **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    New sims :'D

Noah1.png

CC credit: Skin and eyebrows by Ephemera. I hope you guys like him :>

Link: Noah

Watch the slideshow for more images :!:

Naomi1.png

CC credit: Skin and eyebrows by Ephemera.
    Hair by Anubis under the Sun. I hope you guys like her :>

Link: Naomi

Watch the slideshow for more images :!:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Did that pattern come with Uni?!
    I thought it came with the new patch. I'd never seen it before I did my last build and then BAM, it was in my face yelling, "USE ME, USE ME!"
    Oh you might be right about that :oops: I recently got University xD
    Anyways, I agree, LOL! That pattern is divine *__*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    Manssom I love Astrid Cabin it is beautiful.. Such wonderful work.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I hope you have a wonderful day...
    Thanks Bree :> I'm quite happy with it myself ^__^ Happy Sunday!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Wow! I missed a lot! I'll go back through in a comment and check out all of the new stuff. I wanted to stop in and tell you about this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/713782.page . I think that your mermaid would be amazing for this contest. :mrgreen: **Hugs**
    Thank you so much for showing me that :'D Very kind of you!
    I'm gonna read through it again but it looks like Pandora might
    enter xD I'll just have to ask her first, LOL!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Oooh beautiful Sims!
    I'm trying to rickity rec them, but Liam keeps popping up!
    I'll be back! :mrgreen: