Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation Started 14 Jun; Ended 6 September

Comments

• Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys, too lazy to load up game. Is the new corral available in game, the store I mean, for 500 sp? The rest of the set is so ugly I could scream (except that gorgeous ship painting I can buy later) and I don't even want those hideous items in my perfect sims world. No offense to anyone who likes the items :3

Thanks!
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yes you can get the cow corral ingame for 500. Nice to be able to get premium content, I just wish the two kids items from Aurora skies were freed up. Desperate fpr them, don't want to pay for an entire world.

With regards the DD rotation. I just want a chance to get the Teppanyaki Grill. Then change it.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited September 2013
    New sets on the Sale! page - Palace of Versailles 40% off, Hollywood Regency Den and Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining both for 30% off. All CYS eligible!

I need to check if those are in any compilations, but I might need to get those.

Edit:
    Doesn't look like Palace of Versailles is in a compilation.
    Hollywood Regency Den is part of the September 2011 Compilation.
    Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining is part of the July 2011 Compilation.

The Flower Child haircut is part of the September 2011 Compilation, and the Slightly Sided haircut is part of the July 2011 Compilation, and both of those hairstyles are on the Sale! page, so that's another way to cut down on the cost of the compilations a little if you choose to buy those.

I got the September set down to 80 points, bought the hair for only 55, and the set became free - a whopping 25 point savings for me! But you've gotta save those points whenever you can, right? The Slightly Sided haircut knocked the other compilation down by 80 points.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    DD ROTATION UPDATE

More skippage!

#181: Vic's Doors and #182: Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talevera Tile Island have been skipped on this repeat.

The current deal is #183: Tiki living room set

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2013
    Am I crazy of did the regular pricing of Glitter & Glam set jump from 400sp to 500sp and the regular pricing of Romanza Ceremony Reception and Attire jumped from 800SP to 1160sp? Anyone else notice this, and has this happened to any other sets? :?:

I was debating on buying Glitter & Glam for the past couple of weeks, because I felt that even without CYS 400 was a fair price for that set, but when I finally decide to grab it the price has changed??? The normal price not the sale price! :shock: very weird!

Maybe it is going to be this weeks freebie item/discounted set so they raise the price before putting it on sale? Maybe just another glitch?? :roll: Maybe I just imagined the price was lower before, and even jotted it down incorrectly in my spreadsheet? I am so curious what is going on?
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    New sets on the Sale! page - Palace of Versailles 40% off, Hollywood Regency Den and Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining both for 30% off. All CYS eligible!

I need to check if those are in any compilations, but I might need to get those.

Edit:
    Doesn't look like Palace of Versailles is in a compilation.
    Hollywood Regency Den is part of the September 2011 Compilation.
    Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining is part of the July 2011 Compilation.

The Flower Child haircut is part of the September 2011 Compilation, and the Slightly Sided haircut is part of the July 2011 Compilation, and both of those hairstyles are on the Sale! page, so that's another way to cut down on the cost of the compilations a little if you choose to buy those.

I got the September set down to 80 points, bought the hair for only 55, and the set became free - a whopping 25 point savings for me! But you've gotta save those points whenever you can, right? The Slightly Sided haircut knocked the other compilation down by 80 points.
    Congrats for getting the September Compilation, David! :)

I got the Living Room from Go All In on Power DD (the best Power DD ever!) last year and HRegency 50% off months ago.. but I won't pay 380 for Boho set :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:

I got the Living Room from Go All In on Power DD (the best Power DD ever!) last year and HRegency 50% off months ago.. but I won't pay 380 for Boho set :lol:

I hear you on that. I picked up the Mediterranean set this morning, and I also own Luxury Spa Set, but my CYS price for July 2011 Collection is still 655. I'm not paying 655 for a clothing set, since Maxis clothing and hair are not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Am I crazy of did the regular pricing of Glitter & Glam set jump from 400sp to 500sp and the regular pricing of Romanza Ceremony Reception and Attire jumped from 800SP to 1160sp? Anyone else notice this, and has this happened to any other sets? :?:

I was debating on buying Glitter & Glam for the past couple of weeks, because I felt that even without CYS 400 was a fair price for that set, but when I finally decide to grab it the price has changed??? The normal price not the sale price! :shock: very weird!

Maybe it is going to be this weeks freebie item/discounted set so they raise the price before putting it on sale? Maybe just another glitch?? :roll: Maybe I just imagined the price was lower before, and even jotted it down incorrectly in my spreadsheet? I am so curious what is going on?

I don't know about those particular sets, but I know there is some price changing going on. I just noticed the chocolate fountain, which has been 275 for some time, is now 470. I remember it used to be 500, but the 275 wasn't listed as a sale price. But now 470? I'm also wondering what's going on?
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited September 2013
    Yeah there is definite weirdness going on with the prices. Didn't they just recently lower the price of Waning Moon to 1300 points when they yanked it from CYS? Now the price of it says 1780 points and no CYS reappearance. I am not impressed. :thumbdown:
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    glenkatko wrote:
    APotts wrote:

I don't know about those particular sets, but I know there is some price changing going on. I just noticed the chocolate fountain, which has been 275 for some time, is now 470. I remember it used to be 500, but the 275 wasn't listed as a sale price. But now 470? I'm also wondering what's going on?

It makes me a bit uncomfortable, I hope isn't going to become a thing. In my book these prices should start going down as Sims 3 moves towards it's end, they certainly should not be raising prices. Leaves us in the position where if we don't buy something today it could cost more tomorrow. I don't like that idea.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yeah there is definite weirdness going on with the prices. Didn't they just recently lower the price of Waning Moon to 1300 points when they yanked it from CYS? Now the price of it says 1780 points and no CYS reappearance. I am not impressed. :thumbdown:

Ah, so it does seem like it has to do with sets where the price was lowered... maybe they were supposed to add the CYS discount back, but missed that memo and just raised the price back up?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:

Yes, they have changed their price again! :shock:
    APotts wrote:
    I hear you on that. I picked up the Mediterranean set this morning, and I also own Luxury Spa Set, but my CYS price for July 2011 Collection is still 655. I'm not paying 655 for a clothing set, since Maxis clothing and hair are not my cup of tea.
    :) Agree, besides Store clothing are too big and slowing down my machine, but that's my problem :oops:

I feel so bad that I didn't claim the Mediterranean stove when it's free.. I just got the dining table, because I didn't really like the stencil and I didn't know that we'd have CYS :( These sales are only reminding me how wrong I am :cry: Oh well, I already got hundreds of the other bonus from CYS :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yep, I found another one:

Full Regal Living Set is now 1390, it was 1250 before, and still no CYS.
  • Options
    Whiteraven40Whiteraven40 Posts: 129 Member
    edited September 2013
    Finally something on the sale page with a good deal for me. Palace of Versailles is now only 30 simpoints as I own 47% in cys :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:

If they put CYS back on these sets it won't bother me, but if they continue this trend on to other sets I am going to be very unhappy.

Valgon57 wrote:
    I feel so bad that I didn't claim the Mediterranean stove when it's free.. I just got the dining table, because I didn't really like the stencil and I didn't know that we'd have CYS :( These sales are only reminding me how wrong I am :cry: Oh well, I already got hundreds of the other bonus from CYS :mrgreen:

The stove was free in the past? Darn I must have missed that week. :( I only had a couple pieces from the set, so my CYS discount was very small, but I liked the set for my Monte Vista style homes, so I decided to get it anyway. Paid 325, so a bit expensive for the 9 pieces I needed, but still better than 515 which was my non-sale CYS price.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

If they put CYS back on these sets it won't bother me, but if they continue this trend on to other sets I am going to be very unhappy.

The stove was free in the past? Darn I must have missed that week. :( I only had a couple pieces from the set, so my CYS discount was very small, but I liked the set for my Monte Vista style homes, so I decided to get it anyway. Paid 325, so a bit expensive for the 9 pieces I needed, but still better than 515 which was my non-sale CYS price.
    Oh no, just checked my PurchHistory, no, it's not the stove..
    March 4th week freebies was Mediterranean table and wall decor. Sorry, I'm hallucinating :oops: It's past mid-night here, I'm going to bed now :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Valgon57 wrote:

Oh no, just checked my PurchHistory, no, it's not the stove..
    March 4th week freebies was Mediterranean table and wall decor. Sorry, I'm hallucinating :oops: It's past mid-night here, I'm going to bed now :)

Oh, I feel much better now, since I had those two. ; )

Have a nice sleep.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited September 2013
    Valgon57 wrote:

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    Valgon57 wrote:
    Oh well, I already got hundreds of the other bonus from CYS :mrgreen:

Yeahhhh... eventually I should really just stop buying new stuff... but it's so hard to talk yourself out of it, you know?

Simself:_Ooh, this set is on sale - look at those bookshelves. :shock: The quality of the wood is just... they don't make CAS patterns like this anymore.
    Brain:_But don't you already have at least 30... 40 bookshelves?
    Simself:_Yeah, but this one is so nice to look at, and it would go great in that new 4000 Simpoint world that just came out... speaking of which...
    Brain:_No! Look, you have these perfectly good bookshelves right here. You just bought five of these last week and haven't even used them yet.
    Simself:_I'll get to it, I'm sure there's a Sim or a contest somewhere that could use it. Besides, this one is on sale. :mrgreen:
    Brain:_But if you're not going to use-
    Simself:_Sale. It's 40% off.
    Brain:_What does that-
    Simself:_Hey, would you rather I pay full price for this next week? :x
    Brain:_Well, no, but... :?
    Simself:_Sale price is cheaper than full price, correct?
    Brain:_Yes, obviously, but-
    Simself:_Okay, thank you. *click* 8)
    Brain:_What did you- did you go ahead and buy it?
    Simself:_You just said "yes".
    Brain:_That's not what I- wait, stop moving the cursor toward that new world page! :evil:
    Simself:_I'm just going to look, relax. :roll:
    Brain:_Fine, whatever, at least it's not on sale, so this won't even be an issue.
    Simself:_OMG :shock: A premium content shark with lasers that turns your pool water into liquid gold!
    Brain:_Ooooh... wait, no, this is a trap! Get away from that Buy Simpoints button!!!
    Simself:_You know you want it...
    Brain:_I- But- It- it doesn't even match the shelves you just bought!
    Simself:_Laser sharks go with everything. Just ask the people on the DD thread.
    Brain:_That's it. I'm done. Wallet, he's all yours.
    And they lived happily ever after.

... it's Friday - don't judge me. :oops:

Welcome to the weekend, everyone! Hope it's a fun one!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    @David

Lol! Hahaha..

Okay I confess, in Singapore TS3 Store world big bundle is $22, that's a world + 1900sp! Just change your country and check its world bundle :twisted:
    APotts wrote:
    Oh, I feel much better now, since I had those two. ; )

Have a nice sleep.
    :oops: :) Thanks, Al!

*Hoping we'll get nice freebies this week.

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Free stuff - though I already own it, so can't confirm if it actually downloads for free. (Yep, I felt I had to add a disclaimer after the last couple of weeks broken freebies)

Kirby the Frog Desk normally 100 points (free until 9/8/13)

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:18699&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Animal Friends End Table normally 50 points (free until 9/8/13)

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18759&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Which makes the Weekend sale set:

Forest Bedroom - Sale price 390 (Before CYS, which I assume you can get, though I cannot confirm since I own it) Normal price is 650 - sale ends 9/8/13

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18617
    Wallin wrote:
    Simself:_OMG :shock: A premium content shark with lasers that turns your pool water into liquid gold!

Is it bad that I want that shark too?
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    Simself:_Laser sharks go with everything. Just ask the people on the DD thread.
    Brain:_That's it. I'm done. Wallet, he's all yours.
    And they lived happily ever after.

... it's Friday - don't judge me. :oops:

This made me LMAO!!! David, I really like your sense of humor. It's weird and quirky, just like I would expect from a hardcore DD stalker and Simmer :P

:lol::mrgreen:

Btw, that is what a convo in my head kinda sounds like too. lol
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wallin wrote:
    Yeahhhh... eventually I should really just stop buying new stuff... but it's so hard to talk yourself out of it, you know?

Simself:_Ooh, this set is on sale - look at those bookshelves. :shock: The quality of the wood is just... they don't make CAS patterns like this anymore.
    Brain:_But don't you already have at least 30... 40 bookshelves?
    Simself:_Yeah, but this one is so nice to look at, and it would go great in that new 4000 Simpoint world that just came out... speaking of which...

LOL! This argument is so funny! ... wait, what am I saying, I've heard that exact same argument in my own head WAY too many times!! And my brain usually loses too! :oops: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited September 2013
    APotts wrote:
    Free stuff - though I already own it, so can't confirm if it actually downloads for free. (Yep, I felt I had to add a disclaimer after the last couple of weeks broken freebies)

Kirby the Frog Desk normally 100 points (free until 9/8/13)

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?&productId=OFB-SIM3:18699&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Animal Friends End Table normally 50 points (free until 9/8/13)

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18759&categoryId=&scategoryId=11517&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0

Which makes the Weekend sale set:

Forest Bedroom - Sale price 390 (Before CYS, which I assume you can get, though I cannot confirm since I own it) Normal price is 650 - sale ends 9/8/13

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:18617

both items was free from the time im posting with the 2 items makes the set 19% completed and the cost is now 215sp

• Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Finally something on the sale page with a good deal for me. Palace of Versailles is now only 30 simpoints as I own 47% in cys :)
    Excellent result! That's the sort of discount we like to hear about. :-)

Thanks again Alli for the early heads-up on the week-end freebies. :thumbup:
  • Options
    SuzySimSuzySim Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2013
    I own 70% of a compilation set and there is no price by the purchase button, but the button is green not blue. Is it free :?:

I am afraid to hit the button and be charged full price :!: ...