Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

** NEW! A Cottage For Christmas! NO CC PG 123** by TarynTempestwind

Comments

• Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm drooling too and at your feet in awe.
    Taryn everything you do simply gets better and better. Rec'd. but once is not enough!
  • Options
    Angella_RosettaAngella_Rosetta Posts: 185 Member
    edited August 2013
    Another amazing home! I love this home, have dld, rec and fav. :D I love the blue colours and patterns, and the little area for sitting outside. I love the spa on a higher level, and all the little nooks for sitting quietly and reading or listening to music, or having a nice converstation with a friend, or family member.
    My sims are going to enjoy this home a lot. I love the front facade that you used and the MOO that you've used. :)
    Happy Simming Taryn, your a wonderful creator :D:mrgreen:
  • Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited August 2013

Hey ya Taryn,how are u doing?I absolutely love
    love love your Ash Wood home,its amazingly beautiful.
    I love all the colors inside & out,I am speechless &
    in awww.U did an absolutely fabulous job on building
    this beautiful home.Rec'd & favorite,hugs to u dearest sweet Taryn :!: :!: :!:
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited August 2013
    Taryn, I saw your upload on the "my pages" and had to rush over here to see more of your home. It is everything I love in a house! Gorgeous. And I spy so many things I want to learn how to do!!

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited August 2013
    WOW! :shock: Another stunning build. Your meticulous attention to detail is inspiring. The architecture alone is gorgeous and then you go and color everything in such vibrant, saturated color. Um yeah, I think I need a tissue to wipe my own drool away as well. Well done T!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited August 2013
    Just Wow, jaw dropped, mouth gaped open,drooling T. Another stunning build It is beautiful.. Rec'd Fav'd. for you.
  • Options
    CharicharnCharicharn Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hello

Taryn Like everyone else WOW I love Victorians :) This is absolutely beautiful. Love the use of ideas on how you did the moos :D And the Gazebo. It is all amazing

chari
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Taryn :) thanks for posting the links to this on your My Page!
    Just super lovely, of course... but I wanted to say specifically how much I like the barn! It is a bit unusual, but I found this picture the other day of an old barn that had that same construction! It all looks like it has evolved over time.

And the sleeping nook.. I love that kind of thing ;) Thank you for posting all these delicious pictures!
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited August 2013
    The Ash Wood is so,so gorgeous Taryn!
    Beautiful garden, elegant shaped house and all the interiors are stunning, wonderful. I love watching every single screenshots :D
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited August 2013
    Taryn! Yet another beauty! It's simply Gorgeous inside and out! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited August 2013
    Wow....I'm speechless. It's stunning, Taryn!

I see that you put a modern TV with a gaming system upstairs, good thinking :mrgreen:

The sleeping nook for children is cute, I'll just have to make sure the daughter/daughters are assigned the right bed so they don't end up going there, haha.

I love the nursery, though I was surprised that there wasn't any pink anywhere.

Is it too late to snap a screenshot or two of inside the barn/tack shop? That's someplace I'd like to see still, unless you want me to just load it up in game.

I can't wait to get my hands on it so I can add the store stuff that I still want since I know you try to keep it friendly for all to download.

Oh, and either I missed it or you didn't show it--where is the window/seating nook located?

Thank you for your hard work! *hugs*
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited August 2013
    Oh, thank you all for such wonderful comments to wake up to this morning!

You have made my day!
    Each of those comments is just a treasure!

Aminovas...I wanted to make the barn as fancyUni its own way as the house, so it would remain a very dressy lot. So it is a quirky little barn. I like it though!

Ash!

I took the colors of the castle wall mural as colors for the little girls' room, so there aren't many pinks, no. But I think it is sunny and girly and cute. Feel free to change any coloring you don't like!

Feel free to change anything you don't like for that matter! :D
    Move in and make it your own!

I had room in the attic, and because the house is only a three bedroom, I found enough space there to make the play room and extra sleeping loft to accommodate families with more children. I think the kids up in the attic would love it! It has a dresser and bookshelf and everything for a complete bedroom, too. So I guess it is really a four bedroom with extra beds for more children, when it comes down to it. That is just me, trying to please more people with added bedroom/sleeping areas.

I forgot the interior of the barn! It is cute too. I will share a picture of that later today when I find some time. The upstairs loft is rather bare, because then anyone could turn it into whatever they wanted....maybe another skill room of some kind! But the first level is fully decorated with barn and tack decor.

The window seating is in the Master bedroom...The master bedroom is very much a retreat in its own way.

Thank you again for all the very kind comments and...for the drool...I'll just....mop that up....no,worries!

Lol!

XO. T

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh, thank you all for such wonderful comments to wake up to this morning!

You have made my day!
    Each of those comments is just a treasure!

Aminovas...I wanted to make the barn as fancyUni its own way as the house, so it would remain a very dressy lot. So it is a quirky little barn. I like it though!

Ash!

I took the colors of the castle wall mural as colors for the little girls' room, so there aren't many pinks, no. But I think it is sunny and girly and cute. Feel free to change any coloring you don't like!

Feel free to change anything you don't like for that matter! :D
    Move in and make it your own!

I had room in the attic, and because the house is only a three bedroom, I found enough space there to make the play room and extra sleeping loft to accommodate families with more children. I think the kids up in the attic would love it! It has a dresser and bookshelf and everything for a complete bedroom, too. So I guess it is really a four bedroom with extra beds for more children, when it comes down to it. That is just me, trying to please more people with added bedroom/sleeping areas.

I forgot the interior of the barn! It is cute too. I will share a picture of that later today when I find some time. The upstairs loft is rather bare, because then anyone could turn it into whatever they wanted....maybe another skill room of some kind! But the first level is fully decorated with barn and tack decor.

The window seating is in the Master bedroom...The master bedroom is very much a retreat in its own way.

Thank you again for all the very kind comments and...for the drool...I'll just....mop that up....no,worries!

Lol!

XO. T

I think the only things I'll change are adding some store content and other knick knacks I've always loved, and some of the indoor plants. I like plants, but some areas seem to have a little too much for my liking. Not your fault by any means, just a personal thing. Oooh, a retreat sounds nice! I should have known the jacuzzi would be on that balcony above the open garage, haha.

Once I've added/re-arranged things to my ultimate liking I can take pictures if you'd like. If not, that's fine. I wouldn't want to seem ungrateful or offensive in any way, as much of what you've done is wonderful!

By the way, the master bathroom that you have shown...are the golds really that bright and is the purple really dark? I wasn't sure with the lighting. I might have to tone down the golds just a tad, but again, could be the lighting.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

From Ash

I think the only things I'll change are adding some store content and other knick knacks I've always loved, and some of the indoor plants. I like plants, but some areas seem to have a little too much for my liking. Not your fault by any means, just a personal thing. Oooh, a retreat sounds nice! I should have known the jacuzzi would be on that balcony above the open garage, haha.

Once I've added/re-arranged things to my ultimate liking I can take pictures if you'd like. If not, that's fine. I wouldn't want to seem ungrateful or offensive in any way, as much of what you've done is wonderful!

By the way, the master bathroom that you have shown...are the golds really that bright and is the purple really dark? I wasn't sure with the lighting. I might have to tone down the golds just a tad, but again, could be the lighting.

I think, Ash, that I will be perfectly blunt and say....

I have spent hours, days and weeks trying to make you a beautiful home. Anything you do not like, please happily change. I know everyone will not have the same likes and taste I have. But I have to be true to myself when I build, always, even in request builds, and be proud of what is in my studio, for me. With all due respect, I think I'd rather not see pictures. I think that would be....dissapointing.

I love the home and am happy with what I've made of it. But the home is yours to do with in your game as you wish, as all my homes are for everyone to modify with in their own games. Enjoy it as you please.

Taryn

• Options
    blinky47jblinky47j Posts: 495 Member
    edited August 2013
    Taryn -- I know I've posted on your MyPage wall...but I really do love the colors and interior design of Ashwood! I don't know how you come up with these amazing ideas...but now I really know why they call you the Queen of Moo!!!! oMG! Like everyone else, my jaw dropped and I was like literally FLOORED WITH THE ENTIRE INTERIOR DESIGN!!! Of course I already DL and rec'd....but I already know I'm going to examine every article you put in because I would have never thought up that combination ...ever! Soo...that being said....I now humbly bow to you!!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited August 2013
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my Taryn! You have really outdone yourself on this one. I absolutely love everything about this home, you have truly made it into something spectacular. Starting with the outside, your color choice was impeccable, it truly gives off that rustic charm while maintain an elegant façade. I have always been a fan of your landscaping, and this is no exception. You have just the right amount of foliage to make the house seem lived in, while at the same time making it look manicured like a true Victorian. Don't even get me started on the inside! Your command of CAS is truly staggering, although you have different patterns, they all blend harmoniously and flawlessly with one another producing a truly amazing effect. You always have such neat ides when it comes to object placement, or room creation. I especially love your little sleeping nook for the children, it is just too cute! Your rooms are always so put together, they always give off that feel that it could be a real house! You truly amaze me with your skill and overall presentation of your homes. Bravo Taryn, Bravo!

Ko
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh, no, I didn't mean to sound unappreciative in any way. :oops: I'm sorry, I hate that tone and what not does not come across correctly online. I didn't mean that I would change everything you've done, I meant pictures where I placed the baby swing or another store item in an area you already had, not destroying it to fit everything at all.

I am aware that you spent a lot of time on this, and it really is beautiful. I should have worded what I meant better. I was curious what the dome object was on the house and gazebo? I've never seen that before I don't think. You've MOO'd things that I didn't know could be MOO'd!

Again, I apologize if my wording sounded worse than I meant it to. I think seeing it in game will help also, as I know you couldn't cover every section with screenshots or it'd take the fun and surprise out of everything. What world did you place this in, if you remember?
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2013
    OMG, Taryn, it is amazing!!! I will be putting this one in my game too, of course! Will you just pop back up there and read komen's post again? That is exactly right! Thanks komen for saying it just so! And I LOVE how the Gazebo came out, surrounded by the water! I pushed the rec button a dozen times... not sure if it took, though. :mrgreen:

Faved, too. :D
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited August 2013
    :shock: What a stunner! :shock: I can't scramble to rec and download this one fast enough!
  • Options
    pixsidust2pixsidust2 Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2013
    WoW Taryn! :shock:
    It's beautiful! I'm in love!
    Rec'd as soon as I can get to your studio!
    Origin ID: pixsidust
    Find me on FB: Pixsi Sims

tumblr_m6rsylPvKg1rziwwco1_500.gif
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think, Ash, that I will be perfectly blunt and say....

I have spent hours, days and weeks trying to make you a beautiful home. Anything you do not like, please happily change. I know everyone will not have the same likes and taste I have. But I have to be true to myself when I build, always, even in request builds, and be proud of what is in my studio, for me. With all due respect, I think I'd rather not see pictures. I think that would be....dissapointing.

I love the home and am happy with what I've made of it. But the home is yours to do with in your game as you wish, as all my homes are for everyone to modify with in their own games. Enjoy it as you please.

Taryn

I think your homes are perfect! I hope I never made you feel this way.:( I never change the lots you made/make for me, I only add to them when I get new expansions that have items I want to try out or I get like the wood stove or the play pen.Then I add those, but I never remove decor, and the only time I removed anything was the other day to fix the stairs, I had no choice but I felt really sad about doing it, I loved the stacked stairs, it looked like a grand staircase.I'm still kicking myself about doing it.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2013
    OMG, The Ash Wood is breathtakingly beautiful Taryn!!! 8) Both the stunning architecture and the gorgeous interiors are all genius, top notch, not a single thing holding it back from sheer perfection. My favourite would probably be the gazebo on its own island with the bridge, soooo cute, and the sleeping nook for the children is such a smart idea. Absolutely love it! Rec'd and would keep pushing that rec button if only the site would let me. :) I can do the following though. *throws the content of an entire candy shop at Taryn* :wink: Wonderful job Taryn! :thumbup:
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    Ash Wood!. OMG the detail and the color is astounding. Every little nook and cranny has something to look at and to discover. It is amazing the level of detailing you have given this build. I'm flabbergasted and in AW.
    gingie
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Oh, I understand now, Ash..please don't worry. But again, I fully understand if you need to redecorate. Please do so and don't worry that my feelings will get hurt. I want you to enjoy it, and use it in your game for your family. I know you had several store items and premium items I did not include, so place away! Once you get the home in your game, you will see what you want to do with it, and where there is space to do it. I know you will want to redo the magic room. I just made it so that it looked nice for anyone who didn't have those extras.

Thanks,for all the comments everyone. They really brighten my day every single time and I really and truly enjoy you all.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Well, I would like to show you the magic room once it's all magicked out, if I may?

Anything else I add store wise I'll refrain just in case it somehow doesn't fit the area you thought it'd go in.

I really care about you and all of the other simmers I've met over the years, so I'd never want any of you to feel upset due to a misinterpretation of my words...sometimes what I want to say and what is written conflict.

*hugs* Thank you so much! :mrgreen:

I won't be going in game right away, as I have to go out to dinner and a movie with my grandfather, but rest assured I'll ooh and ahh soon! :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on