Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better CAS in Sims 4 and better hairstyles for guys.

I am almost positive that CAS will be better in Sims 4 by adding more customization and what not. What types of improvements would you guys like to see, and what kind of improvements do you think we will see?

Also please for the love of all things sacred will they add better hair for guys! Some of the hairs are okay in Sims 3, but none look like hairstyles an average joe guy would have.

Like this: spideyandy1.jpg
Or just look up peter parker's hair from the amazing spiderman, why can't we have more hairs like that rather than hairs that look like no guy would have.

Comments

• Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited July 2013
    I too would like to see more hairstyles for male sims. However, my bone of contention is that there aren't enough "conservative" hairstyles for our military Male Sims or adult/elder male Sims who "have gracefully given up the things of youth".
  • Options
    simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited July 2013
    They should pay more attention to the male sims in general. The majority of the male hair/clothing in the base game and expansion packs were… less then okay. I would rather have Spiderman’s hair style in the game than the majority of hair styles that we have right now.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree that there should be more hairstyles for males in CAS. There should also be more clothing options for the guys too. I feel as if they are being ignored. The only EPs/SPs with enough content for men were Late Night, Showtime and Diesel.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2013
    They should pay more attention to the male sims in general. The majority of the male hair/clothing in the base game and expansion packs were… less then okay. I would rather have Spiderman’s hair style in the game than the majority of hair styles that we have right now.

This. Most of them were too ..feminine looking for me. I'd prefer it if they made more short male hairstyles with TS4 rather than long wavy ones.
  • Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would love to see more hair styles for men!

I thought for sure IP would bring a wide array of hair choices, but it lacked. :?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,415 Member
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited July 2013
    I too would like to see more hairstyles for male sims. However, my bone of contention is that there aren't enough "conservative" hairstyles for our military Male Sims or adult/elder male Sims who "have gracefully given up the things of youth".

I agree with this, I only mentioned the Spiderman hair because it looks like my hair nowadays as a younger guy, but I could like to see older hairs for guys who are not young and what not. I hated how the elders still had the same looking hair as some of the young guys, it really bothered me. I am surprised to that they don't have any military looking hairs.

I am glad I am not the only one here who wants a change like this. I also agree with you guys, the clothes need to be better, I wear like button up shirts with rolled up sleeves untucked, but there is no option for that they are all fancy looking or tucked into the pants, and there aren't very many casual looking long sleeve shirts. It's like EA wants all the guys to dress like fancy and classy all the time.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited July 2013
    I definitely agree on having more hairs for males. Honestly, I feel like EA only really focused on YA women. There needs to be more things for children, teens, adults and the elderly for both sexes. They have been horribly neglected.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited July 2013
    Male sims get the axe in 3. I felt like the females got the better clothes and hairstyle. Lets not forget just as many males play the sims... and we would also like nice hairstyles, clothes, accessories etc. There is only a few male hairstyles I like! I also think the majority of them are terrible. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I agree pr0x1ma it seems that Sims 3 was more focused towards YA females rather than any other age group or males. It really bugs me.

I wish they had some of the hairs from Sims 2 because those hairs for guys were pretty good and looked like hair your everyday guy would have. Hopefully some of them return for Sims 4.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes! Need more hair AND more clothes too! It seems to me that they make way too much of the SAME clothing for guys with very minor changes. We get regular T-Shirts in the base game. Then in the next expansion... oh a T-Shirt with a DESIGN on it. Then another expansion... OH A DIFFERENT DESIGN!!! >> Really EA? That's what you call expanding their wardrobe? Pity.
  • Options
    PrincessRainbowPrincessRainbow Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree. The lack of hair and clothing for Male Sims is maddening. And for toddlers as well. I hope they give us more choices in the Sims 4! :)
  • Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited July 2013
    EA seems to think that the only people who play The Sims are Justin Beiber fans or Justin Beiber wannabes!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    EA seems to think that the only people who play The Sims are Justin Beiber fans or Justin Beiber wannabes!
    I agree with this. I want hairs that look like I don't give a crap about what it looks like, like the picture I posted, not hairs that look like I would spend 15 minutes styling. I am tired of these nice fancy hairs that most guys don't have. I liked the hairs in Sims 2 because they were normal hairs for everyday guys.
  • Options
    rachel270692rachel270692 Posts: 526 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would really like new hair for males, for all my guys have the same hair for i only liked about 3 maybe 4 of the hair for the guys the rest i find did not look like.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited July 2013
    I know everyone wants more child, teen and elder stuff, I rather have more male stuff (at least before that) so yes please more male stuff in Sims 4 please :)

Make the sexes equal (hair and clothing) before we we cry out about the ageism :P ;)
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2013
    pr0x1ma wrote:
    I definitely agree on having more hairs for males. Honestly, I feel like EA only really focused on YA women. There needs to be more things for children, teens, adults and the elderly for both sexes. They have been horribly neglected.

Exactly. It's pretty clear EA treats all the other age groups like extras in a movie and we all know who the main stars are. A life simulation game shouldn't be like that, all age groups are equally important or why have them in the game at all then?

They should make a separate game if they want to focus on just YA's/A's primarily female. Go copy Singles in a spin-off for all I care but stop messing up the main series. And yes, poor males of all age groups barely get any real fashion/hairstyles/etc.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes, i agree completely! Te hairstyles for guys arent that great. They are better from some of the ep's! But funny enough, most of the guy sims i make wear clothes from the game, not cc, mostly from showtime and late night. I use more cc on the female sims :lol:. But that is just me. They should focus on all ages and gender equally!
    Only the community understand the male sims

15shot3.png

15shot2.png

Oh i love lapiz's hair! Its like the only hair maker i always dl e hairs from. Most of my guy sims sport hair made by him.
  • Options
    Chris3423131Chris3423131 Posts: 384 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah they need more hairs and clothing styles for male sims. Stop focusing on female sims!! Need new stuff for male sims! They better deliver it in The Sims 4!
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2013
    There needs to be more mens apparel The Sims 3 sorta gotten carried away with womens clothing. Theres also no balance with the Age groups too. Theres just too much Young adult - adult aparel. Theres just not enough kids or teens stuff.
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes, there needs to be more hairstyles and clothing for guys. I also hope that EA will not forget toddlers, kids and elders as in TS3 the main focus was on teens and young adults/ adults.
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited July 2013
    OMG yes! I swear, the lack of clothing and hair for males is insane. I rarely, rarely play a male sim because they ALWAYS look the same. I mean, c'mon, just take a look outside- guys are varied in appearance just as much as females.
  • Options
    MunnieSimsMunnieSims Posts: 235 Member
    edited July 2013
    I really hope they do get more apparel and hair for males and all the neglected age groups. I feel like EA does focus on the YA/A females more than the other groups. I can work with most of the male hair currently in the sims 3 but it is painful to do so. :P