Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    *waves wildly to all*
    Just popping into say hello. I'm a long time lurker of this sub-forum. I'm usually found over in Creative Corner and Gift Gathering.
    I absolutely love all of the talent that happens over here in these here parts :wink: . Some of the photo editing that is done...I wouldn't even know where to begin! I'm well jell! :mrgreen:

Hi Ari (can I call you that? lol) I'm Angel! Welcome to the Modeling Forums ^_^

Howdy Angel! You can definitely call me Ari - a lot of people on the forums do! :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much for the welcome - I've always been so intimidated to come to these parts, but I've been learning so much looking at some of the tutorials.

Can anyone suggest any photo editing tutorials for beginners? :D

Alrighty! Here is a link to a thread to feature some edits for beginners to editing like me! I added a few links in there to basic photo editing like skin shading! You should try it out :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690365.page
  • Options
    xSmileItsAprilxSmileItsApril Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi everybody. (Dawwww, I feel so socially awkward c: )
    Anyways, my name is April... and I really love taking photos of my sims... and tacos c:
    ..PS may I get some tips on modeling, I REALLy want to start modeling comps :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hi everybody. (Dawwww, I feel so socially awkward c: )
    Anyways, my name is April... and I really love taking photos of my sims... and tacos c:
    ..PS may I get some tips on modeling, I REALLy want to start modeling comps :D

Hi April! Love love your avi, love all the colors of her hair ^-^ I like tacos too... :oops: :wink: Tips? Hm... I'm terrible at this but here is something that everyone should read thoroughly for competitions.

Camera Tips and Tricks (By ColorMePink)
    Press tab
    Z- zoom in
    X - Zoom out
    W - forward
    S - back
    A - Left
    D - Right
    E - Tilts up
    Q - tilts down
    Shift + A - Rolls/tilts to the left
    Shift + D - Rolls/tilts to the right

Cheating for modeling. Ctrl+ shift+ C to open the cheat panel

moveobjects on: move your sim or a item any around the room. (use testingcheatsenabled true first to activate). You can also use alt to move sims or objects around freely on the grid.

hideheadlineeffects on: removes the plumbob and thought bubbles

buydebug (use testingcheatsenabled true first): Opens up the opition to use a boatload of objects not oringinally in buymode. Example: The fog emitter that makes weather and the time machine is under this. Special lights as well.

fadeObjects [on|off]: Toggles whether objects fade when the camera gets close to them. Does not apply to Sims.

unlockOutfits [on|off]: Includes career outfits and service Sim outfits as options in Create a Sim. The cheat must be entered before going into CAS.

Another tip is when you want a photoshoot to be instantly night, go to build mode and click the toogle buttom for night/day. Go to the terrian paint and hide the circle somewhere in the background like under a bush or tree. Remember to turn off the grid, which is can be turned off the same place where the night/day button is. Then take your picture. You can't use tab button while doing this though.

The fog emitter also comes with some neat effects! Check it out if you haven't.

Assignments will be focused on nature and its surroundings and weather patterns. You may also need to make another Sim to complete specific assignments.

I don't really know where to start with the tips lol you can share one of your pictures that you take in game ^-^
  • Options
    xSmileItsAprilxSmileItsApril Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Angel! :D and I love your avi as well... (so gorgeous *o*)and thanks for the tips I opened my game and tried it out! :D So here is a photo of my self-sim :3Screenshot-192.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Hey guys! I'm CatherynBlue and I'm also a massive lurker here (but I'm starting to post a bit more as some of you may have noticed, and I've entered the Curvaceous modelling contest!). I'm mainly over in the Gift Gathering and sometimes I post in Sims 4 and Creative Corner.

I adore coming in here to take a look around at all the pretty sims! There's a lot of very talented simmers here!

So.. yeah. Just decided to introduce myself :lol:
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Ari, April, and CatherynBlue!
    *wild wave back*
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited July 2013
    ditto what nat said!! <33 xo
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    *waves wildly to all*
    Just popping into say hello. I'm a long time lurker of this sub-forum. I'm usually found over in Creative Corner and Gift Gathering.
    I absolutely love all of the talent that happens over here in these here parts :wink: . Some of the photo editing that is done...I wouldn't even know where to begin! I'm well jell! :mrgreen:

Hi Ari (can I call you that? lol) I'm Angel! Welcome to the Modeling Forums ^_^

Howdy Angel! You can definitely call me Ari - a lot of people on the forums do! :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much for the welcome - I've always been so intimidated to come to these parts, but I've been learning so much looking at some of the tutorials.

Can anyone suggest any photo editing tutorials for beginners? :D

Alrighty! Here is a link to a thread to feature some edits for beginners to editing like me! I added a few links in there to basic photo editing like skin shading! You should try it out :)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690365.page

Thanks, Angel - I'll have a looksee after work tonight! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @April No problem! It says you have removed the image :?

@CatherynBlue That's great! Welcome to this side of the forums! Hope to see you around the modeling competitions more often! :mrgreen:

@Ari NO problem! 8)
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to the thread, April, Cathryn and Ari. :D

Awesome tips, Angel. I wish they had been around when I first started modelling!
  • Options
    sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited July 2013
    100 BC update

Emily had kids with 3 different men; Craig Elson, Brandon Woods and Mithun Khan, all Starlight Shores townies.

These are Craig's kids. Mixed gender twins called Uzma and Jason.

Here's Uzma (excuse some of the cross cultural names, my name theme is contestants from the UK TV show The Apprentice, and some of them had Arabic names)

9213875749_fec9b0349e.jpg

9213862195_4b95cd38b0.jpg

And here's Jason

9216637252_bcca5774ef.jpg

9216636842_1e7d6d6e0b.jpg

Zeeshan and Kurt are now teens

Zeeshan. Looks like he has Wayne's mouth, eye shape and hair

9216636692_659f75e828.jpg

And Kurt. Basically a dark clone of Emily.

9216636406_d1719d3f60.jpg

Here's Brandon's son, Alex. Another Emily clone.

9213861061_51c6ff31f8.jpg

Tim's now a Young Adult. He's now in my studio if anyone is interested.

9216635994_c9201eddd0.jpg

Finally, here's Mithun Khan's daughter Rebecca. Story Progression made Mithun a vampire, so that's why she's one too.

9213875763_77ea4e1e9b.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    Hi Ari, April, and CatherynBlue!
    *wild wave back*
    :mrgreen:

Howdy do, nat! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    MissBrite wrote:
    ditto what nat said!! <33 xo

Hello! *waves like a loon*
    Thanks for starting this thread! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to the thread, April, Cathryn and Ari. :D

Ta darlin'! Glad to be here amongst you creative folk :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Noob question alert:
    What's photoskinning and plastering?
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Noob question alert:
    I'm wondering about that as well, I've read through some tutorials but it's still a bit confusing. All of these techniques seem so advanced... how long does it take to get the hang of everything?
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi everyone! *waves*

I'm 123StarStrukk/Star/Noah. ^_^

I did modeling quite often here a few months ago, but then I took a break(due to my computer crashing and me losing everything!) so I played my game cc-free for a while. Now I'm back, and I'm loving modeling again! :mrgreen:

This thread was a great idea, Hailey! :3
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited July 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Noob question alert:
    As far as I know, (face-)plastering is when you take a sim's head and stick it onto a real persons' picture. Obviously it'd take a bit to pull off, but it's doable and I think I've seen one or two... IDK; I can't remember. Photoskinning is when you take a real picture and sort of paste the skin on top of your sim's to make it more realistic. It requires some blending in, ofc, and it looks kind of creepy. @_@

Either way, both of these are usually barred in most modelling competitions. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Photoskinning and face plastering are actually pretty prettttyyy creepy :shock:

Here's an example I found...

uyR5w.jpg
  • Options
    CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Wow you guys are really friendly! Thanks for the warm welcome! :mrgreen:

@Angel_Zarr yeow photoskinning/plastering does look creepy!! *hides under blanket*
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow you guys are really friendly! Thanks for the warm welcome! :mrgreen:

@Angel_Zarr yeow photoskinning/plastering does look creepy!! *hides under blanket*

LOL :p
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

uyR5w.jpg
    I can't stop staring at it. I'm amused, intrigued, and disturbed all at once... :shock:
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

uyR5w.jpg
    I can't stop staring at it. I'm amused, intrigued, and disturbed all at once... :shock:

LOL Mixed feelings... I know how you feel lol :lol:
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've seen some really good examples of photoskinning- I just wish I could find them! They were done for Sims 2, but the editing was incredible. At the same time, photoskinning and face plastering look really creepy most often. This picture just kills me:
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/117d1lt.jpg"height=400 width=600"[/IMG]

I hope posting this isn't offensive. I'm not sure whose it was originally
  • Options
    TetroFreak73TetroFreak73 Posts: 371 New Member
    edited July 2013
    natrules12 wrote:
    I've seen some really good examples of photoskinning- I just wish I could find them! They were done for Sims 2, but the editing was incredible. At the same time, photoskinning and face plastering look really creepy most often. This picture just kills me:
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/117d1lt.jpg"height=400 width=600"[/IMG]

I hope posting this isn't offensive. I'm not sure whose it was originally

I can't stop staring, it's like her eyes follow you :shock: Reminds me of the Gif's where they put an anime head on a real persons body xD

EnglandWipeout_zps7d7dbc06.gif

Also, I'm TetroFreak73 (Tetro) and have been lurking this thread for a while! I'm in a few modeling competitions right now and have played the Sims for a while. I also love Gif's (if you couldn't tell xD) So, all in all, hai 059.gif