Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• Options
    MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi guys! Just popping in to say hiiii! I've been so busy, with my contests and being totally addicted to IP :D I'm working on a mermaid family ^__^ and i want to build a resort for Dragon Valley :D *sigh*
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm rather jealous right now MissBrite! I would love to see some pictures of gameplay. I still need to make my purchase. I'm assuming it's worth buying? :)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Here's a few screenshots, i would take more but i'm in the early stages of building for both games (trying with no cheats, we'll see how long it lasts haha) ^__^) and i play with my graphic settings down, so they aren't very pretty haha (all are clickable to view full size :D )

Pulling up into Pretty Port (yes thats what its called heehe)
    [img]http://missbritesims.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ipss1.jpg "width=550"[/img]

Neat rainy day on the water (with awesome tan)
    [img]http://missbritesims.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ipss2.jpg "width=550"[/img]

I have to play multiple games at once because i get ADD majorly playing Sims so I started a resort in Dragon Valley (remember, early stages!):
    [img]http://missbritesims.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ipss3.jpg "width=550"[/img]

And here's my simmy manning the front desk :D
    [img]http://missbritesims.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ipss4.jpg "width=550"[/img]
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited June 2013
    Getting around Paradisio, the 'hard way'. Seriously, don't skimp on water transportation. On land, you get the cheapy car, and it takes a little longer, but it's not THAT big a deal. Here, it took my poor robot 6-12 hours to get from work to home. It's slow on the row boat.
    h1fx.jpg

Probably not the best idea

br23.jpg

Sure beats rowboat

ni47.jpg

Relaxing in the pool
    uqhm.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oo, I'm starting to crave this EP now. ;-; But I don't have the computer space, I don't think... Nor the money - I just spent a load on random books today. @_@
  • Options
    GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm super jealous of everyone here who has Island Paradise!!! I've wanted this EP since the first time I saw the trailer, and now that it's out and everyone is posting pictures and saying how fun it is is making me really sad since I can't get it right now!! :cry:
    Oh, and the sims 3 facebook page is spamming my wall with stuff about Island Paradise, they're torturing me!! lol!!
  • Options
    Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    I know how you all feel :cry: All my friends aren't online anymore and they're all enjoying paradise :( I feel so jealous but I'll be getting it soon... so I'll keep holding in the jealousy xD
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Bah! I don't have Island Paradise either :|
    But ahha, I know what you mean about books. I work in a book store and literally all my money goes right back into it :P
  • Options
    unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2013
    Howdy everyone! :D Sorry I haven't been on much >w< Been doing my legacy and now on the 4th generation and I think It's my favorite! Wanted to post some pics of them (:

Here's Kate and Aleron with their two daughters Anubis (child) and Piper (todd)

4thGenerationFamilyPhoto10_zps1c38b30d.jpg

Here's the girls as children (:

4thGenerationFamilyPhoto11_zps2a23cb81.jpg

Somehow didn't plan this color coordination but Hot Pink and Green stuck from then on! :D Here's Kate, Aleron, Anubis, Piper, and Velvet (:

4thGenerationFamilyPhoto6_zps7ca9a220.jpg

Anubis, Aleron, Kate, Piper, Velvet and little Milo! :D You can't tell but Kate is pregnant with their fifth and last child >w< If it's a girl, Sage, if it's a boy, Carlyle. c:

4thGenerationFamilyPhoto13_zps21971036.jpg

My favorite one of the two girls as teens. They're so beautiful (':
    PiperampAnubisteens_zpsf5197726.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh wow those two girls are so pretty! :mrgreen: Loving the family genes lol!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    Oh wow those two girls are so pretty! :mrgreen: Loving the family genes lol!

Thanks! ^^ Ahaha yeah it was a toughy choosing the heir of the third gen, either Aleron or Amaura and I picked Aleron since he already had Kate as his girlfriend and I love her so much (: Haha and I thought 3rd was hard with only 3 beautiful children to pick from! Boy oh boy, this heir picking is gonna be a toughy! XD I'm leaning towards Piper though (:
  • Options
    natrules12natrules12 Posts: 1,286 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh your family pics are adorable! They all look so natural and cute! ^u^ I love how you can see the progression :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @Natrules12

Yeah I take pride in my family photos (: I'm glad you love them ^^ Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :P

I uploaded a video on youtube on my legacy if anyone wants to watch it >w< :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4bBRl5v2Og
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    unluckykoneko16: those are the cutest family portraits!!!! love it!

here's some more shots of my resort :) i think its coming along nicely, and is a lot of fun ^__^

ipss6.jpg

ipss5.jpg

ipss7.jpg
  • Options
    sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I've started the 100 Baby Challenge in Starlight Shores.

This is the baby mommy Emily. She's based on one of my sister's friends in RL, so my sister made sure that her simself was accurate, as she's got work experience this week, but had today off.

9183028059_06c6f7e43f.jpg

Here's Emily in game.

9185246104_daf7e53d6a.jpg

9185245572_34b5c396f5.jpg

She's had three kids already.

The father of the first two is Darren Lott. Emily had twin girls by him, who I called Jaz (short for Jasmine) and Sophie.

Here's Jaz. She's quite cute; all she got from Darren was the mouth.

9185245132_c7684b54d4.jpg

9183036229_d60d6f2680.jpg

However, Sophie was less fortunate. She's pretty much a clone of him and his features do not look good on females

9185253396_50376afcc1.jpg

[9183035513_92350d718d.jpg

The third child was a boy called Tim, whose father is Paul Best, the granddad in the Best family. He is mostly Emily, but I think he may have Paul's eye shape.

9185252966_4a6fe2a756.jpg

Here's Emily's toddler picture for comparison

9185244316_9a8c9639b6.jpg
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi everyone! I wanted to ask about hq/hd mods...
    Do you use any?
    Which one do you use?
    Does it negatively affect gameplay?
    Does it conflict with default skin replacements?
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Do you use any?
    Which one do you use?
    I use it when I'm taking pictures, but not when I'm actually playing the game, because it tells you not to.
    I use the one on S-Club, here... http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/
    It doesn't really make my game lag or anything, but I just don't use it when playing the game because it tells you not to.
    And I wouldn't know about the last question because I don't use any default skin replacements. But if you're looking for better quality close-ups, I'd definitely recommend it! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Do you use any?
    Which one do you use?
    I use it when I'm taking pictures, but not when I'm actually playing the game, because it tells you not to.
    I use the one on S-Club, here... http://sclub.mktm.co.uk/en/2013/01/ts3-hqmod/
    It doesn't really make my game lag or anything, but I just don't use it when playing the game because it tells you not to.
    And I wouldn't know about the last question because I don't use any default skin replacements. But if you're looking for better quality close-ups, I'd definitely recommend it! :D
    Ok, thank you very much GreenDayGirl! :mrgreen: I'm so surprised that sims can look so good without cc default skins. Your avi is so lovely. Again thank you! :)
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited July 2013
    Do you use any?
    Which one do you use?

I also use the HQ mod made by S-Club in it's lowest "strength" as it were. It's laggy on the computer I am using now, but not on the one which I currently play sims on. It doesn't conflict with my default skin replacement either.

I have something called the "You are real" mod, which actually adds detailing to my default skin tone to make my sims look more realistic.

Picture time:

9192187976_09f851f9ab_o.jpg
    9189394079_c5d05ceddc_c.jpg
    9192192462_8c875a7780_o.jpg

(Yes, it's the return of my derpy simself. LOL!)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Do you use any?
    Which one do you use?

It does affect gameplay indeed. Here's an example of what it'll look like when your during regular gameplay...

Glitch2_zpsebbaaa04.jpg

The graphics are not pretty when your playing regularly. It doesn't affect it so so heavily, but it does affect the graphics of the sims, the cars, and the objects and such
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for showing me the pictures, Justkeepsimming. Your sims are very pretty, your simself doesn't look derpy at all.
    Thank you Angel_Zarr, for showing me how the hq mod affects regular gameplay.
    I'm always lurking around here and I see everyone's stunning photos and I just always thought you kept the mod in all of the time.
    This is one of my favorite forums to visit, I love to see how talented and creative you all are. Everything is so beatiful here. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for showing me the pictures, Justkeepsimming. Your sims are very pretty, your simself doesn't look derpy at all.
    Thank you Angel_Zarr, for showing me how the hq mod affects regular gameplay.
    I'm always lurking around here and I see everyone's stunning photos and I just always thought you kept the mod in all of the time.
    This is one of my favorite forums to visit, I love to see how talented and creative you all are. Everything is so beatiful here. :)

Your welcome! And also that proves that the HQ mod is in your game (if you get those glitches) :D
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2013

*waves wildly to all*
    Just popping into say hello. I'm a long time lurker of this sub-forum. I'm usually found over in Creative Corner and Gift Gathering.
    I absolutely love all of the talent that happens over here in these here parts :wink: . Some of the photo editing that is done...I wouldn't even know where to begin! I'm well jell! :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    *waves wildly to all*
    Just popping into say hello. I'm a long time lurker of this sub-forum. I'm usually found over in Creative Corner and Gift Gathering.
    I absolutely love all of the talent that happens over here in these here parts :wink: . Some of the photo editing that is done...I wouldn't even know where to begin! I'm well jell! :mrgreen:

Hi Ari (can I call you that? lol) I'm Angel! Welcome to the Modeling Forums ^_^
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited July 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    *waves wildly to all*

Hi Ari (can I call you that? lol) I'm Angel! Welcome to the Modeling Forums ^_^

Howdy Angel! You can definitely call me Ari - a lot of people on the forums do! :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much for the welcome - I've always been so intimidated to come to these parts, but I've been learning so much looking at some of the tutorials.

Can anyone suggest any photo editing tutorials for beginners? :D