Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims+Modeling Chat Thread *EVERYONE WELCOME!* Come join in!

Comments

• Angel_ZarrAngel_Zarr Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2013
    Here are two images I managed to take while in game with my models. Seems like the HQ mod didn't get to them yet xD They're a bit creepy when I first saw them..

BEFORE
    Glitch3_zpsa8d793ff.jpg

AFTER
    Glitch1_zpsa0294a63.jpg

Random :3:
    Glitch2_zpsebbaaa04.jpg
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr, that happens to me a lot, lol!
    edited June 2013

LOL. I got so scared when I first saw it. I kept staring at and I'm like ERMAGAWD! WHAT HAPPENED? :cry:
  • ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm still new to modeling, but I am one of the contestants in Miss Simiverse cycle 6, if you have any advice please give it to me. I am super nervous!
  • popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2013
    @Angel: Thank-you so much! I always get rendering issues with my simmies. Did you just get the HQ mod? :)

@Thatoneaccount: Welcome to modeling! When I joined here a few years ago I was pretty much a newbie. So just enjoy the many contests here and have fun competing! I think competing in a wide range of contests is one of the best ways of developing your skills as you work around a wide range of experienced people. There's a lot of good hints and tips for in-game photos on the Editing Complication sticked at the top of the forum(Creating in-game wonders/Tips and Tricks and creating in-game modeling contests),of course it's always best to know how to take some great photos before learning the tricks of editing so I would probably only look at the tutorials suggested for now. Good luck in Miss Simiverse,I'm sure you'll do awesome!
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited June 2013
    popstar7 wrote:
    @Angel: Thank-you so much! I always get rendering issues with my simmies. Did you just get the HQ mod? :)

@Thatoneaccount: Welcome to modeling! When I joined here a few years ago I was pretty much a newbie. So just enjoy the many contests here and have fun competing! I think competing in a wide range of contests is one of the best ways of developing your skills as you work around a wide range of experienced people. There's a lot of good hints and tips for in-game photos on the Editing Complication sticked at the top of the forum(Creating in-game wonders/Tips and Tricks and creating in-game modeling contests),of course it's always best to know how to take some great photos before learning the tricks of editing so I would probably only look at the tutorials suggested for now. Good luck in Miss Simiverse,I'm sure you'll do awesome!

Yeah I just got it LOL. The HQ mod is the reason why it's like that xD
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:

Yeah I just got it LOL. The HQ mod is the reason why it's like that xD

Yep,I noticed those issues when I got the HQ mod. So I lowered the setting a tad..I didn't want to risk my graphics card burning out. :P
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • RinaStarrRinaStarr Posts: 785 New Member
    edited June 2013
    @popstar7: So you're the person who did that cover! I loved that :P I did a similar one, though I did not get the inspiration from yours, I didn't realize you had done a ballet-themed cover till it was too late. Yours is much better than mine though. I spent hours and I still can't edit to save my life. I wish I knew how to make the picture look really smooth. I have GIMP but DON'T have the faintest idea of how to edit Sims pictures.

@Angel_Zarr: I get that a lot too. Usually I just wait for it to load and just forget it ever happens...though it's hard when their creepy faces are staring right at you...and it still lingers in my mind after I see it but I shake it off. :P

@Thatoneaccount: Hey! I'm in Miss Simiverse Cycle 6 too. I'm new to modeling though I downloaded Pose Player, really all I need to do now is learn how to smooth out my pictures to make them look REALLY good! I wish you the best of luck in Miss Simiverse and any other comps you enter.
    edited June 2013
    RinaStarr wrote:
    @Angel_Zarr: I get that a lot too. Usually I just wait for it to load and just forget it ever happens...though it's hard when their creepy faces are staring right at you...and it still lingers in my mind after I see it but I shake it off. :P

Same here xDD
  • GreenDayGirl921GreenDayGirl921 Posts: 472 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:

LOL. I got so scared when I first saw it. I kept staring at and I'm like ERMAGAWD! WHAT HAPPENED? :cry:
    When it first happened to me I thought the HQ mod wasn't working right, but then a few seconds later the perfection kicked in, lol!
    edited June 2013
    Hey everyone! So I had some time to play around with gimp. I stumbled upon a hair drawing tut so I tried it out.. here it is :mrgreen: My first hair drawing thingy xD

Here's Bliss' tut on hair drawing:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/563048.page

Before
    HairBEFORE_zps88fd5fbb.png

AFTER
    HairAFTER_zps9ed7d43b.png

I think I used the blur tool too much so here's on where I decreased the opacity for the blur.

HairAFTER1_zpscb13f550.png
    edited June 2013
    Omg... So as I was playing with the path tool for the first time, I actually followed the tutorial, but somehow it turned into a mustache not a patch of hair :XD: :XD:
    edited June 2013
    RinaStarr wrote:
    @popstar7: So you're the person who did that cover! I loved that :P I did a similar one, though I did not get the inspiration from yours, I didn't realize you had done a ballet-themed cover till it was too late. Yours is much better than mine though. I spent hours and I still can't edit to save my life. I wish I knew how to make the picture look really smooth. I have GIMP but DON'T have the faintest idea of how to edit Sims pictures.

Yep! Thank-you so much,I really appreciate it! Oh the twelve dancing princesses? That's a really neat cover,I love the concept :). No worries! Both of the novels are ballet themed or dancing for that. Well I actually didn't edit my image that much,I'm not a heavy editor either! I guess my graphics card is rather good to me. Do you have your graphics settings on high?

I only did minor changes such as simple corrections and fixing here and there and then obviously fixing the lighting and applying different masks to create the effect and then added my text. I'm sure you'll be able to edit one day! There's lots of tutorials out there,you just got to know where to start. I use Photoshop CS6 and I have GIMP,but rarely use it.
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • eggy900eggy900 Posts: 4,661 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I like everyone's pictures :D I tried hair drawing a little while ago, but it failed terribly. :lol: I guess it takes practice. IcouldprobablypracticetodayseeingasI'moffschoolsickhmm That's probably confusing to read... xD

Kacia_zps15c1140d.png
    New simmie I made... :3 *has the HQ mod now*! :XD: I can't believe I hadn't turned the Edge Smoothing thingie up until now! :O It makes a difference and saves a ton of time in GIMP with the smudge tool.
    And speaking of saving time, I tried shading with Dodge+Burn, which I actually like because it isn't anywhere near as time-consuming as my old method.

EDIT: I was looking at the picture and thought "I like the placement of that freckle..." but then I scrolled down and it was a smudge on my screen. :lol::lol: It needs cleaning... >_>
    edited June 2013
    I have two Gothic themed modeling images from a few weeks ago that I created for fun,which you can find on my Screencast below. :)

http://content.screencast.com/users/MyaRose/folders/Default/media/0728e564-5d45-4eb6-8e0f-79d12dca3120/SaphandMyaGothicModeling.png

http://content.screencast.com/users/MyaRose/folders/Default/media/f602eb03-2901-4068-8e83-b59882e09ca3/gothicprofilepicture.png

(The uploaded ruined the quality so you can view the pictures using the links above if you wish as I didn't upload the ones from the file hosting site and for some reason the forum does not automatically re-size these images)

The model on the left in the first picture is Saphira Silvermoon Chanel and all credits go to her for the model. The model on the right in the first picture and on the second picture is created by myself and she is named Mya Alicia Rose.
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited June 2013
    beautiful simmy eggy!!!

popstar- stunning shots!
    edited June 2013
    Thank-you dear :)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • 2Fast2Furious2Fast2Furious Posts: 2,879 Member
    edited June 2013
    Oooooh fuuuuun I'm Serena (: I like to write and draw and am a big animal person :P (and sims. duh)

my name is Serena too :thumbup:

hello everyone else :mrgreen:
    edited June 2013
    I wanted to share this thought here to see if anyone would be interested in joining,if I did create one in the future :)

I was planning to create a open-competition with mentoring for those who feel they need improvement. Of course I would offer the more experienced chances to help out with mentoring positions in different rounds,but I feel as if a lot of people on the forums would enjoy this type of open competition to join wherever they feel as if an open assignment was about a topic they wanted to learn they could join just for that round!

OR I recently opened a new competition over at the Sims3 Unbound forums which I could bring over to here. Although I would say the level is more intermediate. However an open comp would be rather fun!
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited June 2013
    popstar7 wrote:
    I wanted to share this thought here to see if anyone would be interested in joining,if I did create one in the future :)

I was planning to create a open-competition with mentoring for those who feel they need improvement. Of course I would offer the more experienced chances to help out with mentoring positions in different rounds,but I feel as if a lot of people on the forums would enjoy this type of open competition to join wherever they feel as if an open assignment was about a topic they wanted to learn they could join just for that round!

OR I recently opened a new competition over at the Sims3 Unbound forums which I could bring over to here. Although I would say the level is more intermediate. However an open comp would be rather fun!

Open competition sounds so familiar xD But it sounds like a great idea to help improve skills and abilities of simmers. And to learn new things and/or enhance their skills :)
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:

Open competition sounds so familiar xD But it sounds like a great idea to help improve skills and abilities of simmers. And to learn new things and/or enhance their skills :)

Hmm I've never seen one in a while :3
    Plus this will revolve mainly around improving the skills of those who wish to improve by more experienced simmers! Plus the rounds they enter are completely optional and mentors will be on hand for those who need assistance. However I would probably find more interest before I go ahead and create something like this or a larger project.
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited June 2013
    popstar7 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:

Plus this will revolve mainly around improving the skills of those who wish to improve by more experienced simmers! Plus the rounds they enter are completely optional and mentors will be on hand for those who need assistance. However I would probably find more interest before I go ahead and create something like this or a larger project.

I think LE is hosting something like that but it's for hair I think. Alright sounds good! :thumbup:
    edited June 2013
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:

I think LE is hosting something like that but it's for hair I think. Alright sounds good! :thumbup:

Oh yes it's a little like Shop Me Stunning by Rexy,except for the time while it's away. But that's mostly based upon editing and isn't targeted to one type of skill level,I would probably base the assignments beyond editing-mainly minor touching up skills and enhancing photo quality and in-game work would be my main focus for the earlier assignments. :wink:
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
    edited June 2013
    popstar7 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:
    Angel_Zarr wrote:
    popstar7 wrote:

Oh yes it's a little like Shop Me Stunning by Rexy,except for the time while it's away. But that's mostly based upon editing and isn't targeted to one type of skill level,I would probably base the assignments beyond editing-mainly minor touching up skills and enhancing photo quality and in-game work would be my main focus for the earlier assignments. :wink:

I think that's a great idea! Like instead of focusing on the big things you'll start by the simple steps. That's going to be a great help to everyone in the community! ^-^

You know what's so weird?! Whenever your typing and your listening to a song or someone is talking you end up typing whatever they're saying :hunf: It's so weird cause it just happened to me xDD
    edited June 2013
    Holy quoting...Thank-you so much for the encouragement! I will probably wait until I have completed my other competition over at the Unbound forums before I create this so I can dedicate most of my time towards it for the summer vacation. ^-^

Oh I know that feeling,haha. I once wrote a song lyric I had stuck inside my head onto my test sheet by mistake,instead of the actual word itself haha!

Also does anyone know of any story based competitions out there which are accepting sign-ups,I would love to participate with a new model I created in such a contest :)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png