Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your Island Paradise questions here!

Comments

• Options
    IronboatLeeIronboatLee Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    K I made a different post but nobody responded so I'll ask here. How do I stop my mersims from swimming everywhere. No matter what I do they swim and it takes forever to go places.

Use "boat here" instead of swim here or other commands
    If you don't have a boat , normally you'll board on a taxi boat
  • Options
    tgoldie4tgoldie4 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    K I made a different post but nobody responded so I'll ask here. How do I stop my mersims from swimming everywhere. No matter what I do they swim and it takes forever to go places.

Use "boat here" instead of swim here or other commands
    If you don't have a boat , normally you'll board on a taxi boat

That doesn't work. Even if you put them in the boat and tell them to go boating they get out and swim.
  • Options
    dudehockey01dudehockey01 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I ended up using MasterController to turn them back into humans it is not worth it until this gets fixed
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a question:

I would like to put a dive lot in one of my other worlds. How do i do that? Someone on another thread mentioned a guide..but i did not see it. Could someone provide a link or perhaps explain on here how i put a dive lot in another world? Thanks!
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dimon6579 wrote:
    I have a question:

I would like to put a dive lot in one of my other worlds. How do i do that? Someone on another thread mentioned a guide..but i did not see it. Could someone provide a link or perhaps explain on here how i put a dive lot in another world? Thanks!

Here you go: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689285.page :)
  • Options
    ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2013
    Dimon6579 wrote:
    I have a question:

I think this is what you're talking about?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689894.page
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited June 2013
    I found an underwater camera in the misc electronics in buy catalog...takes great underwater shots.

You can also send your sim to the bistro to get underwater jobs. My sim caught a squid last time she was out and she's supposed to get another one to sell to them. Great opportunity to make some simoleons. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LawrenCurbstompLawrenCurbstomp Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone having problems with graphics when you scuba dive? Because when my sim does everything looks like it's on really low resolutions, and I can't figure out how to fix it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is anyone having problems with graphics when you scuba dive? Because when my sim does everything looks like it's on really low resolutions, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

I think I found the culprit

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689905.page
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2013
    Can you do the IP related activities in other worlds???
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Desirai wrote:
    Can you do the IP related activities in other worlds???

Yes, but it can take a bit of finagling.

Resorts are standard across towns.

Here's how to make ports and houseboats.

Here's how to make diving areas.
  • Options
    PookiepinePookiepine Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2013
    How do you use the "Mooring Cleat" and "Mooring Post"?

I've been unable to buy and place any of the smaller boats.
  • Options
    DenovaDenova Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    you get the scuba diving by beginning with snorkeling. Once you have a few points in that, go visit a resort and ask about scuba spots. you'll be directed to a low level scuba location.
    Although my sim has the wish to take a class in scuba, I have been playing all day and have not figured out where one takes the class.

My question is: I have found 3 of the islands, but have no idea how to find the others. Already got a map, driven past one, and swim through a cave. Any tips on finding others?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Pookiepine wrote:
    How do you use the "Mooring Cleat" and "Mooring Post"?

I've been unable to buy and place any of the smaller boats.

You have to place them on a land-based lot, in the shallow area of the water.

If you're using a houseboat, just find an occupied lot that already has one and click on it to get the option to buy your own boat that'll stay in your inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Denova wrote:
    Although my sim has the wish to take a class in scuba, I have been playing all day and have not figured out where one takes the class.

You can get the class from the science center.
  • Options
    HappysparklezHappysparklez Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    :? Anyone know how/where you find messages in a bottle?
  • Options
    LawrenCurbstompLawrenCurbstomp Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2013

I think I found the culprit

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689905.page

Yup that's it. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    :? Anyone know how/where you find messages in a bottle?

So far I've only seen them in the dive lots. I think there is one in the first dive lot that is unlocked.
  • Options
    PubisrenubisPubisrenubis Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to own a houseboat AND a lot on a private island?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to own a houseboat AND a lot on a private island?

Yup! You have the ability to own multiple homes now.
  • Options
    toxicflyytoxicflyy Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    My sim wont get off her houseboat or if I evict her and try to move by land she wont get on?
  • Options
    Daughter_of_EveDaughter_of_Eve Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a couple of questions and I briefly searched for them to make sure they weren't doubled.... but, ya know... Lol.

1. Is my game supposed to allow you to create a Mermaid from the get-go in CAS? Because it doesn't! :(
    2. How do you place a boat or jet ski? I know you have to use a post, tie-off or boat trailer, but how do you place those things if you're in the water on your houseboat?
    3. Where are my survival items that were downloaded? :(

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have a couple of questions and I briefly searched for them to make sure they weren't doubled.... but, ya know... Lol.

1. Is my game supposed to allow you to create a Mermaid from the get-go in CAS? Because it doesn't! :(
    2. How do you place a boat or jet ski? I know you have to use a post, tie-off or boat trailer, but how do you place those things if you're in the water on your houseboat?
    3. Where are my survival items that were downloaded? :(

Thanks. :)

1. Mermaids are not in CAS, your sim can become a mermaid by lifetime reward kelp that is 25,000 or by befriending a mermaid and talking about their "fish parts".

2. You can build a basement in your houseboat and place the boat trailer and then the aquasled or boat on top of it. Boats are a lot like cars in that they fit inside the sims inventory.

3. I've seen a thread about where to find the stuff...I'll be searching for it.
    Edit: didn't find the thread but went in-game and hopefully found everything.
    Makeshift Coffee Table-235
    Re-purposed table (end table)-235
    Cast off chair (dining)-310
    Makeshift Canopy Bed-2100 (this is a survival pack... :? )
    Cast off Bench (couch)-715
    Survivor's Fire Pit-250
    Driftwood Candles (table lamp)-315
    Makeshift Hanging Lanterns (floor lamp)-325
    Makeshift Mural (sculpture)-158 (3 different designs in one)
    Converted Bookshelf-695

A helpful hint for the next time limited content pops in and you're having difficulty finding it, you can select showing just stuff from the store and then just search through whatever looks new. Hope I didn't miss any of the content, looks really cool in game. :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    naturalHInaturalHI Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know when you can tell if the child you have with a mermaid is a mermaid or not?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

In addition to what ChristGirl201 said, you can also find a lot that already has a post or tie-off, and click on it to buy the boat and have it land in your inventory.