Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your Island Paradise questions here!

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    vampcake17vampcake17 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2013
    How can you make a mermaid sim?

I know you CAN'T make a mermaid sim in CAS but, when I went to the mirror and clicked on change appearance.. I didn't have a mermaid option.

I have the Supernatural, Seasons, EP installed along with my Island Paradise EP. I have 2 supernatural sims. Witch and a fairy. Is it possible for Sims who are already Supernatural to BECOME mermaids somehow?
  • Options
    ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2013
    vampcake17 wrote:

I know you CAN'T make a mermaid sim in CAS but, when I went to the mirror and clicked on change appearance.. I didn't have a mermaid option.

I have the Supernatural, Seasons, EP installed along with my Island Paradise EP. I have 2 supernatural sims. Witch and a fairy. Is it possible for Sims who are already Supernatural to BECOME mermaids somehow?

Sadly, no because it would be considered hybrid. A sim can become a fairy by befriending a mermaid and asking about "fishy parts" and be given kelp. Or there is a LTR that is 25,000 that is the kelp to eat. The transformation is instant.
  • Options
    babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    edited June 2013
    vampcake17 wrote:

I've heard a lot of people complain that they tried the LTR (which is how you make a mermaid sim) with a SN sim (witch, mostly, from the sounds of it), and it didn't work. At that point it seems like you'd just be wasting the LTR. It's called Mermadic Kelp.
  • Options
    JenCelChiJenCelChi Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2013
    xo_ronnie wrote:
    Has anyone else had trouble finding mermaids? My sim is at diving level 7 and has gone to 3 diving lots (including mermaid grotto) numerous times and I still haven't seen one. I'm probably just extremely unlucky lol

Same here. How can we find mermaids???

And has the way to install cc changed or am I just doing it wrong? lol

I also had trouble finding any mers, so I took matters into my own hands testCheatsEnabled true and shift click the mailbox, then force visitor several times...I had to try this at least eight times, at three sim intervals and finally a male mer came over.
  • Options
    mintsssmintsss Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Can someone help me, please, please!

For some reason Sims aren't coming to my resort!!

I still get reviews as I improve my resort but absolutely no Sims have come around my resort... I thought maybe it was because the resort was so far away from others or because the game was meant to be that way in where the guests aren't seen, but I saw a Let's Play and the Simmer's resort was filled with guests.

Please help!
  • Options
    ChristGirl201ChristGirl201 Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2013
    mintsss wrote:
    Can someone help me, please, please!

For some reason Sims aren't coming to my resort!!

I still get reviews as I improve my resort but absolutely no Sims have come around my resort... I thought maybe it was because the resort was so far away from others or because the game was meant to be that way in where the guests aren't seen, but I saw a Let's Play and the Simmer's resort was filled with guests.

Please help!

Sorry, but I haven't messed around much with the resorts in the game quite yet. Hopefully someone more skilled with the resorts can be of help. :?
  • Options
    PrincessTink384PrincessTink384 Posts: 611 Member
    edited June 2013
    one person are my resort wants room service, how do i do that?
  • Options
    ice_cold17ice_cold17 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    So I tried eating mermadic kelp. Didn't work because I was a vampire. So I cured my Sim and tried again,still didn't work. Turned down free will and still nothing and I even tried turning free will off. He gets nauseous but after throwing up nothing happens. Still human. If this doesn't work is there a console command or something that will set him to mermaid?
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2013
    Clover45 wrote:
    A question about resorts when I was reading a review from one of the customers they kept complaining about all of the bugs and I was wondering how do u get rid of these bugs? Is there like bug spray or some thing?

click on them, you can "stomp" on them!!
  • Options
    kec811kec811 Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2013
    one person are my resort wants room service, how do i do that?

You can click on the resort tower you have placed on the lot and there is an option to toggle room service on/off. There is a fee, of course, I believe it's $50. You don't have to be in build/buy to do it, either!
  • Options
    kec811kec811 Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've been playing with my mermaid sim for a while now and I'm frustrated that the only things that satisfy her hunger bar are fish or kelp (or snow cones...). Does anyone know if there are other types of recipes (like sushi or fish recipes) that would work for mermaids? I'm tired of kelp, kelp, kelp all the time!
  • Options
    HLVARGAS77HLVARGAS77 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    :? Someone already asked this, but I don't see the answer: tips for finding messages in a bottle? Anyone? Please? :D

I found a message in a bottle at Rocky Reef on my very first dive trip, but it was totally uninteresting, just some divas resume. lol
  • Options
    HLVARGAS77HLVARGAS77 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay I just realized that I can't even get my sims off the boat at ports. They just keep giving me the signal for they can't walk there. I have the mailbox out of the way and everything.

Is anyone else having this problem? My sims can't go anywhere.

Yes I'm having this problem. I need to get them off the lot before they will actually go where I want them to go. Not sure whats going on there.
  • Options
    JazzMineSimsJazzMineSims Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    How do you make a mermaid? I can't find the option to
  • Options
    NawallabyNawallaby Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    1. I saved for the Mermadic Kelp moodlet for days, and it didn't work! Absolutely nothing happened after she ate it. Tried putting her in pool water and salt water, nothing.

2. How do you learn to scuba dive?
  • Options
    taylourgardinertaylourgardiner Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Is there anyway to sell additional lots purchased, i brought a lot with a household with the intentions to decorate it and then split the household up that half lived in one house and the other half lived in the other house. Unfortunately when i tried to move to the other lot the entire family moved...So then I tried to sell the other lot and there is no way to do that with the computer, phone, or city hall... I need help with the problem of selling additional lots. :?
  • Options
    alotofcatsplayeralotofcatsplayer Posts: 142
    edited July 2013
    To Nawallaby:

Sorry, I have nothing for question 1. But, for question 2, go to the Nautilus Foundation (I believe that is the correct name) . . . it is the "science" place, anyway. Sign up for scuba diving class. Can also begin with "snorkeling" and then advance.

Happy gaming. :-)
  • Options
    Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited July 2013
    Is EA gonna fix the issues with IP soon?

I have the following issues so far that i actually had to move my sims to another neighborhood to fix them:

1. The celebrity function is on and apparently some paparazzi decided to permanetly sit in a boat behind my boathouse, making it impossible to move it or fish off it.

2. One of my people was swimming and apparently got stuck under the main island..All you saw sticking out sometimes was his head..i sorta fixed this by finding a pool and putting the swimming snorkling sim in it and he finally climbed out on the ladder of the pool.

3. I saw people running across the water, including 2 paparazzi's and my vampire sim..in fact they were running right near a dive spot..like it was land and not water..all the way to an island where my other sim was fishing....

4. With seasons, sometimes the snow falls on IP. When this happened, i was walking outside to try to make snowman, and apparently, my sim went invisible..all you saw was her feet in the snow....lol
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2013
    Mermadic Kelp isn't working. My sim ate it, and it says she's a mermaid but she's not.
    It says she's a mermaid but she doesn't have scales nor does she have a tail!
    What's going on? Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone know how to uninstall mods?
    6JSxk49.png?1