Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your Island Paradise questions here!

Comments

• Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2013
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TInteriorDesignTInteriorDesign Posts: 105 Member
    edited June 2013
    jnsandy wrote:
    To answer your question: the buy items are very nice and helpful, especially if you have any of the water themed cc. But I was disappointed to see only 5 new wallpapers - 3 of which meant for a single mural. But that mural is amazing (it is of a wave). Also, no new floor :(. Only one additional ladder (making 2 options for ladders). The buy items, though, offer a wide variety of new styles and compliment the seasons items really well.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2013
    Yes docks should work fine in other worlds. You can't dive in other worlds by the way unless you learn all the custimizing stuff. As someone said it might be too dangerous for yo.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2013
    AlesanaWay wrote:
    This question was something that someone brought up on a different post, and I can't find it again, so I thought maybe I would ask here.

Can mermaids use the floats from Seasons? If so, do the tails just suddenly vanish when they are on it?

I assume they just suddenly disappear. The boat is similar in a way as it can be spawned anywhere in the ocean, even in the middle of swimming. What happens there is the legs just instantly appear.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    sierra7416sierra7416 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    To find an uncharted island I asked at the desk of a resort about it and I was sent on quests.
  • Options
    athena9340athena9340 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2013
    sorry if this has already been answered but I took a boat out to a scuba diving area and now my boat is missing. its not in my inventory and I don't see it at any of the posts or things nearby
    ignore this lol. I saw this answered a few posts before :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Stephanie2010Stephanie2010 Posts: 109 Member
    edited June 2013
    Okay so I have a resort up and running, but my guest reviews are saying that my employees are overworked. How can I hire more than one Sim for the same job? I tried assigning shifts, but every new employee I hire replaces the original.

That might be a tad confusing...but please help!

thank you.
    oupdla3b6ed.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited June 2013
    How do I learn scuba diving? I want my sim to met a merman and have babies with him lol!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    How do I learn scuba diving? I want my sim to met a merman and have babies with him lol!
    you click in the ocean and do "snorkel" you have to be lvl 3 to do the first scuba area which is Davey Jones. its pretty slow going, fyi
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2013
    Are there any new harvestables?? :D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Are there any new harvestables?? :D
    kelp. I've only found it underwater if you are scuba diving. mermaids eat it. you can't plant it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    does anyone have any tips on finding the bottled messages? ive searched so many beaches and islands and found only rocks and seeds and other random spawns
    thanks!
  • Options
    superiorgirlsuperiorgirl Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Are there any caves in Rocky Reef?
  • Options
    XMilitaryBratXXMilitaryBratX Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    I have a question!

My sims are on a boat out in the ocean and I keep telling my sim to swim or snorkel and she just keeps saying that she can't go there.How to I get her in the water? :(
  • Options
    JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited June 2013
    Made a thread about it, but might as well ask again. Why can't we customize the Scuba outfit?
  • Options
    babynyx57babynyx57 Posts: 270 Member
    edited June 2013
    Are there any caves in Rocky Reef?

Yep! Gotta search around a bit, but there's one there!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have a question!

My sims are on a boat out in the ocean and I keep telling my sim to swim or snorkel and she just keeps saying that she can't go there.How to I get her in the water? :(
    I had that problem earlier, I was too close to the house boat. try clicking in different places. if you happen to see starfish in the water (kinda like how you can see fish swimming around, so you know you can fish there) then you can definitely scuba there
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    athena9340 wrote:
    I have a question!

I had that problem earlier, I was too close to the house boat. try clicking in different places. if you happen to see starfish in the water (kinda like how you can see fish swimming around, so you know you can fish there) then you can definitely scuba there

I'm on the house boat.It won't let me get in the water for anything.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    athena9340 wrote:
    I have a question!

I'm on the house boat.It won't let me get in the water for anything.
    there is a known bug that wont let you fish off your boat, maybe jumping in the water off your boat is included with that as well. I ported my boat then got in the water to snorkel
  • Options
    HappysparklezHappysparklez Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    :? Someone already asked this, but I don't see the answer: tips for finding messages in a bottle? Anyone? Please? :D
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited June 2013
    So I was wondering something about resorts. I can't help it, it's my absolute favorite thing!! Can we place the professional bars and barista bars on our resort and if so will they be worked like when we put them on a community lot? I was reading a review for my resort and someone said, "where's the bar?" I wasn't exactly sure what that meant.

I don't have a pool yet so it couldn't have been the pool bar. Anyways, I was wondering if any knew the answer to this. I'd like to know before spending the huge bucks on the bar and barista. Thanks a ton! :P
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay I just realized that I can't even get my sims off the boat at ports. They just keep giving me the signal for they can't walk there. I have the mailbox out of the way and everything.
  • Options
    tgoldie4tgoldie4 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    Is there a way to stop mermaids from swimming every where? Even when I board my mermaids on a boat and tell them to go somewhere they get off the boat and swim. This is ok for places that are nearby but sometimes it takes hours for them to get where they need to go. I got frustrated and started teleporting my mermaid every where.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tgoldie4 wrote:
    Is there a way to stop mermaids from swimming every where? Even when I board my mermaids on a boat and tell them to go somewhere they get off the boat and swim. This is ok for places that are nearby but sometimes it takes hours for them to get where they need to go. I got frustrated and started teleporting my mermaid every where.
    you could always put the free will down
  • Options
    ClassicStyleClassicStyle Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi all! I'm trying to find that underwater place with the bath tub from the grahams gameplay video. No luck... Did any one actually found it?